Why does everyone hate Call of duty now?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

I was a big fan of cod when Cod 4 came out. That game had a very good campain. WaW had a decent campain and zombies. MW2 had a pretty terrible story but the action was great, and black ops had a really good story and a fairly decent campain. Cod 4 had a realy good online. WaW had a very similar online but was set in WWII. Then... MW2 came out with the dumbest campain and a very unbalanced multi player. It also came out with spec ops whichc were fun but not great. But the Multiplayer was alot of fun when it wasn't unbalaced and stupid. Then Black ops came out a year later and it has a very balanced mulyiplayer zombies and a good story. I am not a fan boy but i really do find these games are good. Yes they come out with a new game every year but they alternate developers which both bring new ideas to the table. IMO the COD games are good quality.

Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts
I only hate the COD games made by Treyarch. Black Ops and WaW sucked. Cod 4 WAS my favorite cod until the servers got really bad, so i sold it. WaW=Sold. MW2= I freaking love this game and still play it. This game is amazing to play with friends and i love to quickscope. Black Ops= This was the worst Cod ever. It sounds wrong, but it was TOO balanced and was terrible to play with friends. And unlike MW2 you had barely any freedom for private matches, terrible hit detection, graphics, and quickscoping and snipers are screwed up. Sold.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

my love for cod went out the window ( new love is bc2 ) with blops, sorry but server and hit detection doesn't appeal to me

Gau0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gau0123
Member since 2009 • 1010 Posts
I used to love COD like no tomorrow, but ever since the game changed from COD4 to a MW2 style, I never liked it.
Avatar image for ThePhenomenaIHP
ThePhenomenaIHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThePhenomenaIHP
Member since 2011 • 276 Posts

I think there are enough of these threads already. There's also a thread like this a couple of posts below.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I got sick of CoD after CoD4 (at that time, I'd only ever played CoD 2 and 4) and I swore I'd never play another. Against my better judgement, I borrowed MW2 from a friend . I felt like I had to play it because everyone was talking about the No Russian mission. It felt like I was missing an important moment in gaming history. But I can honestly say, playing through MW2 is one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had. I can't describe how much I hated it. I beat MW2 about 18 months ago and I haven't played a single second of any CoD game since. I will never, never, never.........ever, buy another Call of Duty, in my whole, entire life.......ever. I think you get the point. I won't buy Battlefield either.
Inmate_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Inmate_69
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
I played COD4 for hours and hours. I bought MW2 first day it came out. I didn't like how it was vastly different from COD4. I didn't bother buying Black Ops. Atcivison is over doing it by coming out a Call of Duty game every year. I am currently play KZ3.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

The only one I hate is MW2. Black Ops is alright but the gameplay is getting stale.

IOwnsGh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 IOwnsGh2
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

Enough with these stupid "Why does eveyone hate COD," "Why all the hate for MW3" theads.. Seriously. There's like 4 or 5, at least, of these stupid theads floating aound and getting brought back up and theres already 3 on the first page of the forums. There needs to be an official COD discussion thead..

And enough with everyone comparing BF3 and MW3... There is a ton of those threads too.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I honestly do not see the appeal of running around mindlessly (or sitting in a corner the entire match) and shooting people in order to rank up and improve your K/D ratio.

Lauryn2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 Lauryn2000
Member since 2005 • 2582 Posts

I didn't know anyone hated it? :question:
If you don't care for it,there are other shooters out there...just saying.

And when's a decent "Ghost Recon" going to come out???

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

Enough with these stupid "Why does eveyone hate COD," "Why all the hate for MW3" theads.. Seriously. There's like 4 or 5, at least, of these stupid theads floating aound and getting brought back up and theres already 3 on the first page of the forums. There needs to be an official COD discussion thead..

And enough with everyone comparing BF3 and MW3... There is a ton of those threads too.

IOwnsGh2
Amen.
Hammerhead72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hammerhead72
Member since 2011 • 224 Posts

I personally only really enjoyed Black Ops.... MW2 was just god awful.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Oh.. just wait til MW3 comes out, people gonna go nuts buying it all over again.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I didn't like Call of Duty before it was cool to not like it :P

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts
1st person in the english language to say "CoD4 and Good Story".
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 scouttrooperbob

I think there are enough of these threads already. There's also a thread like this a couple of posts below.

ThePhenomenaIHP

no offence, but if your tired of them dont click on them

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 scouttrooperbob

1st person in the english language to say "CoD4 and Good Story".1bigsmoke55
Well IMO it was a good story. They were able to make it feel real in Cod4. That is somthing they have failed to do in the past 3 Cod games. Cod 4 felt beleivable, It was exciting and had alot of really cool moments. Now MW2 tryed to continue a story that had already ended. It was friggen terrible.

I play Cod but i also really liked BC2. It is more team oriented and is a ton of fun also. I like both.

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 scouttrooperbob

[QUOTE="IOwnsGh2"]

unrealtron

Amen.

Well I counted 2 cod threads on the first page. This one and anotherone that was asking about a WaW map pack. If you dont give a crap about these threads than just ignore them. I will not post any around the time when MW3 comes out because then there will be reason to complain.

nickz_fpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nickz_fpk
Member since 2010 • 1458 Posts

I prefer Killzone & Battlefield games.

Weenski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Weenski
Member since 2011 • 990 Posts
I already answered this question today; why ANOTHER 'Why does everyone hate COD' thread? I loved COD4, MW2 was full of idiots IMO so I sold it after 2 weeks.
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 scouttrooperbob

I already answered this question today; why ANOTHER 'Why does everyone hate COD' thread? I loved COD4, MW2 was full of idiots IMO so I sold it after 2 weeks.Weenski
really? I wasnt here earlyer so i didnt see it

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scouttrooperbob

My bad. Didnt meen to double post

desk_jet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 desk_jet
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

People are just simply getting bored of the COD series, esspeacially if they have been playing since COD4 (which btw is the best COD), me personally im really getting bored with the series, and after Black Ops, i think im done. i may be moving on to Battlefield 3 this year. time to try something different!

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I don't hate it, or have any feelings at all towards it. I have zero interest in the franchise and I've been bored to death with FPS's since way back in the PS2 days.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

call of duty is just the same thing now. there is not much improved or innovated gameplay. thats why i hate it now.

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

Short single player campaigns and what seems to just be the same ole same ole year in and out is why I am burned out on them. I haven't really played one since CoD4.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#28 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

The individual games are good but the way they're handeling the franchise is just gettin redundant. Although I don't hate the games since the formula they follow is decent and has worked out since CoD4 but, have Black Ops I'am probably not going to buy another CoD and if I do it'll be when there's a prce drop so I can play with my friends.

Avatar image for gracideadude012
gracideadude012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gracideadude012
Member since 2009 • 921 Posts

Maybe MW2 it's kinda unbalanced but it's a hell lot of fun to play, I bought Black Ops thinking it would be pretty similar but they messed up the graphics, introduced the frickin' COD points, made horrible maps, everything was plain horrible for many except zombies.

In my opinion Activision should handle it like this:Infinity Ward: every CoD and MW games(don't care if they take 2 or 3 years for each) Treyarch: just keep it up with the Zombies mode or make a new retail game called Call of Duty Zombies Mayhem or whatever they want to call it. =)

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
I really like CoD4 but and was super hyped for MW2 right until about a month before it came out and i heard how the online was going to be completely different. The biggest thing for me was the fact that it was P2P and no more dedicated servers. Also the maps were smaller and far smaller player counts per map (i played 4 on the PC with 64 people all the time). I also hate how they release recycled map packs and charge $10 for the honor of it lol.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i don't hate the series i just find it mediocre fps game and if it wasn't for the zombie mode i wouldn't have played black ops, i don't understand how everyone can keep buying the games every year when the each game is just about the same besides maps of levels and the solo story
Benifited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Benifited
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts

I don't hate it, or have any feelings at all towards it. I have zero interest in the franchise and I've been bored to death with FPS's since way back in the PS2 days.

Jackc8
ps2 had FPS? how do u play that on a system that only had like 7 games that used the right joystick?
Avatar image for RocketSauce1408
RocketSauce1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 RocketSauce1408
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

Because every Call of Duty since #4 has been the same old tired, rehashed formula over and over. No innovations, nothing. You're basically paying sixty bucks for the same exact game with a new skin every year.

DarthRoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarthRoel
Member since 2010 • 1058 Posts
I really liked mw2 when it got out, it was my first cod game, but then black ops got out and I really hated it especially the graphics and guns but now Im happy with Killzone and socom
pablossanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pablossanchez
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
In all seriousness, I surprised myself with how much I liked BlOps online. I thought the maps were well designed and after itbwas updated a couple times, it ran super smooth. The campaign had a great story but lacked that special something. Although I have pumped many a frustrating hour (cos I'm crap) into it I look forward to starting all over again with MWIII.
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 scouttrooperbob

this is an interesting poll

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i like the games and even everyone hated them they wouldn't sell over 5 million copies in one day. Also i'm sure all the people who says they hate em end up buying them so just ignore the haters and move on.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#38 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I hate Call of Duty because I think it's very overrated and I can't stand it when you have people say it's the best game ever and yet it's those people who barely play anything else. Then again I am biased since I hate FPS games in general.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I was a big fan of cod when Cod 4 came out. That game had a very good campain. WaW had a decent campain and zombies. MW2 had a pretty terrible story but the action was great, and black ops had a really good story and a fairly decent campain. Cod 4 had a realy good online. WaW had a very similar online but was set in WWII. Then... MW2 came out with the dumbest campain and a very unbalanced multi player. It also came out with spec ops whichc were fun but not great. But the Multiplayer was alot of fun when it wasn't unbalaced and stupid. Then Black ops came out a year later and it has a very balanced mulyiplayer zombies and a good story. I am not a fan boy but i really do find these games are good. Yes they come out with a new game every year but they alternate developers which both bring new ideas to the table. IMO the COD games are good quality.

scouttrooperbob

The hate really comes from the fact that they really aren't impoving upon much with each new game release, also it's the cool thing to do, it happens with all shooters when they get larger then life, when Cod4 came out Halo sucked all of suden, now that cod is larger then life it sucks and
Battlefield is the bomb, years from now bf will suck and something else would be hyped up, most gamers are just jumping on and off the bangwagon of games because it's the cool thing to do i guess.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

For what they are they're good games. I have nothing against Treyarch since WAW was pretty good except for the tank mission. I thought it was a more difficult game than MW2. Though, I was surprised how action packed MW2's campaign was. If I could pick 1 game to play online it wouldn't be a COD game, but that's not to say it's bad. I think the online community is what gives it a bad rep sometimes. It's the only game I actually mute everyone because of the massive amounts of little kids playing it and whining when they get shot. For some reason it's also one of the few games where there's usually at least one vocally racist person in a mp game, which is really annoying. These are things I don't see as much of in B:BC2. However, they're completely different games in terms of online focus, and I think they both accomplish what they're meant to do. Though, I do think Battlefield 3 will be better than MW3, but who knows, there could be a gamebreaking flaw/bug in either of them, though hopefully not.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#41 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
They're pretty good. I like them but the biggest reason I buy them is because of my friends.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

The first two MW's were pretty revolutionary for their time, now people are starting to realize that the games are bringing less and less innovation to the table and it seems to be pissing people off more and more each time. All I can say is MW3 better kick all ass or people might actually learn a lesson. I won't be buying it but there is no doubt I will be reading about the game to see how it turns out.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

The first two MW's were pretty revolutionary for their time, now people are starting to realize that the games are bringing less and less innovation to the table and it seems to be pissing people off more and more each time. All I can say is MW3 better kick all ass or people might actually learn a lesson. I won't be buying it but there is no doubt I will be reading about the game to see how it turns out.

jer_1

I wouldn't really say MW2 was overly revolutionary. I can't comment on the 1st, but from what I've read it seems like it really opened up a whole bunch of new things for the genre.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

blueboxdoctor

I wouldn't really say MW2 was overly revolutionary. I can't comment on the 1st, but from what I've read it seems like it really opened up a whole bunch of new things for the genre.

Yeah, I suppose it wasn't really revolutionary, the first definitely was from my perspective. MW2 just took things to another level, higher quality and added a lot more extra goodies for people to play for, it was a quality game. I guess MW2 would be more evolutionary than revolutionary.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Because it's popular, Activision is the publisher, it's full of kids, and every game is the same thing with a new skin.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I had been playing CoD on PC from CoD4, WaW and MW2. Which of course were pretty good.

However, I made a dumb decision and bought Black Ops for PS3 to play with friends. (That and because CoD on Steam is garbage.)

Did not like Black Ops. It's full of children, complainers and whiners. Never fun. The CoD community on consoles is terrible. There's a mute button, but still. I think that can attribute to the hate at least somewhat. That and the fact the overall quality of the games is diminishing.

CoD has a great community on PC it's just all for CoD4 which is good because that's still the best CoD.

Face it, CoD used to be good. But now... eh.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#47 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Because it's cool to hate popular things. :P
PixelAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 PixelAddict
Member since 2008 • 2237 Posts

Because it's cool to hate popular things. :PJasonDarksavior

Amen to that. It's total you're-not-the-boss-of-me syndrome. Reverse peer pressure.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Because it's cool to hate popular things. :PJasonDarksavior
Then you must really hate me

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#50 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I basically just hate Activision because they're thieves. The games are good quality.