Why BFBC2 Falls Short

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#51 commandercrap
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts

Yeah, I lol'ed. I understand your point of view, but one thing I can't stand is the fact that for a bolt-action rifle, you have to actually de-shoulder the rifle to reload then take aim again. By that time your enemy has taken cover. Yes, it encourages you to aim for the head, but in some cases, you can't actually see their head.untouchables111

well, this for me is kinda hard to like or dislike. i like that it does because to me it feel a little more real. but yeah in real life you most likly would not de-sholder the rifle. i for one think the game plays well. for the tanks. i can say that i'm glad that they can go down fast they are just devestating when someone who knows how to use it goes to town. i can drive one for a long time. i see most players just haul right in the the path of the turrents. As for the weapons the Ak i think was great i could get 5 kills before reloading. the aiming on it was just right. the second gun you get is better but not by much. i think it may be to early to say that its online is not good (not excatly what you said) i am going to get this game because of just playing the demo. its way better then i thought.

With more time playing, I can see how all of the game's mechanics are played out. It's actually considerably better than I had first thought. But the rifle thing, yeah, annoying, but just one of the few things that are. It's not 'real', but severely handicaps a snipers' abilities. After seeing how the Port Valdez map was played out, the sniping was pretty balanced. But if you get into a map down the road that has a lot more cover, is larger, and has a lot less one-on-one engagements, I foresee sniping becoming more difficult.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
[QUOTE="kinkywithknives"] Finally, to everyone who EVER picks this game up. To control the map you need to control the armor, the tanks. The way to control the armor is simple, ride out with a full posse! I am the animal mother on the 50. cal. I must log over 30 kills a round just wasting cats as they run through, and this is EASY. It is nearly impossible to destroy a tank with an accurate gunner on the 50. You have to have a keen eye and watch out for RPG's. Also keep a technician handy to work on your tank during downtime. The way you protect your tanks is with accurate gunners on the 50. and snipers to back them up, (someone will need to control the fixed position rocket launchers and mini guns). Lastly, There is nothing stupider than some fool hopping in a tank alone, riding into the middle of battle, taking a rocket in the ass and abandoning the ride. This is the fastest way to lose the game in Rush Mode, I promise you.

Until the other team decides to steal the only armor you have in your base.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Pvt_r3d
The pistol is extremely effective in CQB, aim for the head. Have you ever tried shooting a weapon in short bursts? I guarantee you that you will get a kill more quickly than firing full auto.
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

vehicles are definitely not underpowered when used properly.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pvt_r3d

vehicles are definitely not underpowered when used properly.

Pdiddy105
especially the apache. I swear, when the defending team has an experienced pilot no one will even touch the objectives.
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 commandercrap
The pistol is extremely effective in CQB, aim for the head. Have you ever tried shooting a weapon in short bursts? I guarantee you that you will get a kill more quickly than firing full auto.Pvt_r3d
I believe this is more circumstantial than anything. If someone has the draw on you with a pistol while you're carrying an SMG, you may still have the upper hand. That's also dependent on the players, but more likely than not, I'd say heads-up an AR or SMG wins... roughly 75 - 85% of the time.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pvt_r3d
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]The pistol is extremely effective in CQB, aim for the head. Have you ever tried shooting a weapon in short bursts? I guarantee you that you will get a kill more quickly than firing full auto.commandercrap
I believe this is more circumstantial than anything. If someone has the draw on you with a pistol while you're carrying an SMG, you may still have the upper hand. That's also dependent on the players, but more likely than not, I'd say heads-up an AR or SMG wins... roughly 75 - 85% of the time.

For me I'd say the chances are about 60-70% of winning a duel if your at full health. If your not then the chances are real slim unless you get the drop on them.
Eilia567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Eilia567
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts

I have just gotten through playing 5 hours of BFBC2 as all classes. Although I know there may be more game types for online multiplayer, here is what I have seen in the hours that I've played the demo.

The game really gives you the feel that you're trying to 'rush'. It's fast-paced, much like MW2, and it keeps you engaged and alert at all times. There are many things that I loved about the demo so far, that other FPS's don't touch on too much. For instance, the series is known for it's snipers having excellent camouflage. Yet, I can't help but get the feeling that I'm trapped at certain points when I get to a good sniping spot. These spots are few and far between, and anyone who has played the game for more than 2 matches knows where all the sniping spots are. This is a bad sign, as snipers should be able to use their camouflage to hide themselves whenever neccessary, and after a kill, they shouldn't be rushed 10 seconds later by another squad member, simply because they know where you are.

The assualt rifle that you first receive as an attacker is awful. It has more recoil than the medic's LMG!!! Not to mention it has a low magazine capacity and the iron sights are simply useless. The only thing that I enjoyed about the assault rifle was the noob tube, which at long ranges, cannot be aimed for beans. Another useless attachment. Also, you spawn with 1 grenade... man, do those things go fast, or what? Sure you can resupply, but if you're already in the midst of a confrontation between buildings, you're trapped with no way to clear a room, especially as a sniper.

Now tanks and vehicles are an awesome touch to any FPS. It's comforting to know you're going in to a town square knowing that you have the fire support and cover of a tank..... until it gets destroyed within 10 seconds, and you're going along with it. The vehicles in the game are too underpowered for what they're truly capable of. I mean, there are rocket outposts in every town square, their object being to desroy tanks. Come on, that's not fair at all. Maybe mines would be a more practical way of destoying a tank, but a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much.

There is much, much more that I want to discuss, but I wanted to post this thread so I can hear feedback from others. The game has me excited in many ways, but as a more 'realistic' FPS, it has much to work on. LMG's should not be so powerful in CQB, they are support weapons made for using covering fire while in the prone. AR's are most deadly when used at medium and close ranges, which they've done a 'pretty good' job on. A bullet from a sniper rifle, no matter where you hit, should down an enemy instantly, as that's what they're made for.

commandercrap

\

1: The tank needs 4 rocket hits to be destroyed, and two missile camera thing lol :)

2: Save your grenade. This isnt MW2 the maps are big and you never know when you might need a grenade, so dont whip it away, save it. and the resupply helps alot. There is a spec that allows u to have more than 1 grenade btw.

3: I agree with you on the 1st assault rifle, it is garbage.

4: The job of a sniper is to take out leaders and potential leaders. For example our (clan) squad leader is always killed with a sniper bullet to the head. Also the job of a sniper is to change positions after shooting.

The game is good where it is.

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts

I have played this game for 6 hrs and got all upgrades, weapons and specs. I am fairly good at this game. Idk abt you guys but for one it seems like theres not enough weapons.. I enjoy a good mp shooter but for me if theres not alot of wepaons or variety or customization, it could get boring easily. Also im at level two and to get to level 3 i need apx. 4.9Million points to get to just level 3! And unless 3rd is the final lvl in the final product ok fine. But maybe its just high in the demo so no1 gets too high. But doesnt 5m xp seem like alot? Thats 5000 matches at least with 1000k points per match. I will say when your piloting or in a huey tranport looking helicopter and you flying and you got 2 or 3 guns hot, it is a very memorable experience. But the only thing i might miss is getting madd kills like in mw2 just throwing it out there. Overall i like this game alot and will be picking LTD edition day of release. Also, how many levels are in the game? What abt BFBC1? Thanks!!

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I've never had a problem with the clip size/recoil/iron sights on any of the guns. I don't really throw grenades either and still manage to be one of the top 3 players just about every round I play.

The thing about snipers is true, but thats mainly because there is only 1 map. Everyone is going to get the spots down really fast when they are constantly sniped from the rock up on the hill. They do at least give the sniper class the motion sensing balls so if you're up on the hill you can throw them to the right and be alerted if a guy comes up

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I have played this game for 6 hrs and got all upgrades, weapons and specs. I am fairly good at this game. Idk abt you guys but for one it seems like theres not enough weapons.. I enjoy a good mp shooter but for me if theres not alot of wepaons or variety or customization, it could get boring easily. Also im at level two and to get to level 3 i need apx. 4.9Million points to get to just level 3! And unless 3rd is the final lvl in the final product ok fine. But maybe its just high in the demo so no1 gets too high. But doesnt 5m xp seem like alot? Thats 5000 matches at least with 1000k points per match. I will say when your piloting or in a huey tranport looking helicopter and you flying and you got 2 or 3 guns hot, it is a very memorable experience. But the only thing i might miss is getting madd kills like in mw2 just throwing it out there. Overall i like this game alot and will be picking LTD edition day of release. Also, how many levels are in the game? What abt BFBC1? Thanks!!

Nerkle01

There are tons of guns if you look at the equipment screen on the main menu. Level 3 only requires that much because nobody will ever reach level 3 in the demo. The actually game will level up much faster and have higher levels

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pvt_r3d

Nerkle01
Are you being serious?
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nerkle01
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"][QUOTE="Nerkle01"]

Are you being serious?

um. what are you asking?
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nerkle01
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Nerkle01"]

There are tons of guns if you look at the equipment screen on the main menu. Level 3 only requires that much because nobody will ever reach level 3 in the demo. The actually game will level up much faster and have higher levels

k thanks. Im not really a fan of the series YET and i havent really played this series that much so i am kind of ignorant on this game. thxz again
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pvt_r3d
[QUOTE="Nerkle01"][QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"][QUOTE="Nerkle01"]

Are you being serious?

um. what are you asking?

Of course you can't get all the weapons it's a demo/beta. In the full game it won't take that much points to level up.
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Nerkle01
[QUOTE="Nerkle01"][QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"] Are you being serious?Pvt_r3d
um. what are you asking?

Of course you can't get all the weapons it's a demo/beta. In the full game it won't take that much points to level up.

I know that. But if you go to the weapons page on the stats and unlocks page at the demos main menu, you get a general idea of how many weapons will be in the game and what they are.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Pvt_r3d
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"][QUOTE="Nerkle01"] um. what are you asking?Nerkle01

I know that. But if you go to the weapons page on the stats and unlocks page at the demos main menu, you get a general idea of how many weapons will be in the game and what they are.

Oh, well then I guess that depends on you. I Personally think that's plenty of weapons.
ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts
all i can say is the tank pwns, as long as u have a good gunner that is. last night i was engineer class driving my tank with a badass gunner, everytime the tank took rocket fire id bail out and repair it while my gunner was covering me. i musta healed that tank 15 times(serious xp lol) jump back in and keep moving, u cant stand still in the tank or your toast, just keep moving and repairing and you can survive the whole match. idk who that gunner was but he got about 40 kills in that life ahaha that round single handedly changed my perception of the game ahahahah
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 commandercrap
[QUOTE="Nerkle01"][QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"] Of course you can't get all the weapons it's a demo/beta. In the full game it won't take that much points to level up. Pvt_r3d

Oh, well then I guess that depends on you. I Personally think that's plenty of weapons.

Right, plenty of weapons for a Demo. An additional map wouldn't hurt, but then again, it's still a big map for a demo.
Spolings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Spolings
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

I think the vehicles are well balanced. Thereis usually a engineer behinda tank, repairing it, which makes it impossible for you to destroy the tank, unless you work together. I'm alsohappy with the cooldown of the repair tool when you use it too much:D And I like it when you destroy a tank with it XD

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pvt_r3d

I think the vehicles are well balanced. Thereis usually a engineer behinda tank, repairing it, which makes it impossible for you to destroy the tank, unless you work together. I'm alsohappy with the cooldown of the repair tool when you use it too much:D And I like it when you destroy a tank with it XD

Spolings
I'm saddened that you can no longer repair crates with the tool.
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="commandercrap"]

I have just gotten through playing 5 hours of BFBC2 as all classes. Although I know there may be more game types for online multiplayer, here is what I have seen in the hours that I've played the demo.

The game really gives you the feel that you're trying to 'rush'. It's fast-paced, much like MW2, and it keeps you engaged and alert at all times. There are many things that I loved about the demo so far, that other FPS's don't touch on too much. For instance, the series is known for it's snipers having excellent camouflage. Yet, I can't help but get the feeling that I'm trapped at certain points when I get to a good sniping spot. These spots are few and far between, and anyone who has played the game for more than 2 matches knows where all the sniping spots are. This is a bad sign, as snipers should be able to use their camouflage to hide themselves whenever neccessary, and after a kill, they shouldn't be rushed 10 seconds later by another squad member, simply because they know where you are.

The assualt rifle that you first receive as an attacker is awful. It has more recoil than the medic's LMG!!! Not to mention it has a low magazine capacity and the iron sights are simply useless. The only thing that I enjoyed about the assault rifle was the noob tube, which at long ranges, cannot be aimed for beans. Another useless attachment. Also, you spawn with 1 grenade... man, do those things go fast, or what? Sure you can resupply, but if you're already in the midst of a confrontation between buildings, you're trapped with no way to clear a room, especially as a sniper.

Now tanks and vehicles are an awesome touch to any FPS. It's comforting to know you're going in to a town square knowing that you have the fire support and cover of a tank..... until it gets destroyed within 10 seconds, and you're going along with it. The vehicles in the game are too underpowered for what they're truly capable of. I mean, there are rocket outposts in every town square, their object being to desroy tanks. Come on, that's not fair at all. Maybe mines would be a more practical way of destoying a tank, but a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much.

There is much, much more that I want to discuss, but I wanted to post this thread so I can hear feedback from others. The game has me excited in many ways, but as a more 'realistic' FPS, it has much to work on. LMG's should not be so powerful in CQB, they are support weapons made for using covering fire while in the prone. AR's are most deadly when used at medium and close ranges, which they've done a 'pretty good' job on. A bulet from a sniper rifle, no matter where you hit, should down an enemy instantly, as that's what they're made for.

Here's my opinion on everything you think is wrong with this game...

Your first complaint is that snipers don't really have anywhere to hide before being attacked after they get a kill. Yes, in a way this is partly true. However, I don't believe that a sniper should be able to expect to camp in one spot and be safe from attack for a while. If you're a sniper, get a few kills, then move to a different spot so the enemy doesn't get on to you. It's your fault if you decide to camp it out in one spot.

For your complaint about the first assault rifle, yes I agree it's not a good gun. But this is only the first gun available to players, so it's not going to be that good, right? And as far as I know the grenade attachment (a.k.a. noob tube) was never intended for long range combat, which you complain it's bad at. I personally find it to be very effective when used correctly (not at long ranges). And as for having only 1 grenade, if it really is a problem for you then later you can unlock specs which allow you to carry more grenades and ammunition.

I have to disagree with you about vehicles. I think the vehicles are perfectly balanced, not too powerful or too weak. You say that having rocket outposts in each area is unfair, may I ask you why? How else do you expect soldiers on foot to counter tanks? You also go on to say that "a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much." Huh? The last time I checked these were rockets, high-velocity projectiles meant to do extreme damage. I don't know how you can expect a rocket to do almost nothing.

Maybe it's just my bad experiences from COD, but I find this game to be almost perfectly balanced and so far I'm loving the demo. I'm sure others here will agree with me as well.

agree here, th e game is growing on me, major issue is poor graphix, ps3 exclusives graphix r ruining it for me....
MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
I think the reason the graphics look bad is because of the bloom lighting. At first, I saw people complaining about it on the PC beta(same map as the PS3 demo), and I thought "It can't possibly be that bad, can it?". But it really is bad. I hope they fix it, because it looks pretty good otherwise.