Why BFBC2 Falls Short

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 commandercrap
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts

I have just gotten through playing 5 hours of BFBC2 as all classes. Although I know there may be more game types for online multiplayer, here is what I have seen in the hours that I've played the demo.

The game really gives you the feel that you're trying to 'rush'. It's fast-paced, much like MW2, and it keeps you engaged and alert at all times. There are many things that I loved about the demo so far, that other FPS's don't touch on too much. For instance, the series is known for it's snipers having excellent camouflage. Yet, I can't help but get the feeling that I'm trapped at certain points when I get to a good sniping spot. These spots are few and far between, and anyone who has played the game for more than 2 matches knows where all the sniping spots are. This is a bad sign, as snipers should be able to use their camouflage to hide themselves whenever neccessary, and after a kill, they shouldn't be rushed 10 seconds later by another squad member, simply because they know where you are.

The assualt rifle that you first receive as an attacker is awful. It has more recoil than the medic's LMG!!! Not to mention it has a low magazine capacity and the iron sights are simply useless. The only thing that I enjoyed about the assault rifle was the noob tube, which at long ranges, cannot be aimed for beans. Another useless attachment. Also, you spawn with 1 grenade... man, do those things go fast, or what? Sure you can resupply, but if you're already in the midst of a confrontation between buildings, you're trapped with no way to clear a room, especially as a sniper.

Now tanks and vehicles are an awesome touch to any FPS. It's comforting to know you're going in to a town square knowing that you have the fire support and cover of a tank..... until it gets destroyed within 10 seconds, and you're going along with it. The vehicles in the game are too underpowered for what they're truly capable of. I mean, there are rocket outposts in every town square, their object being to desroy tanks. Come on, that's not fair at all. Maybe mines would be a more practical way of destoying a tank, but a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much.

There is much, much more that I want to discuss, but I wanted to post this thread so I can hear feedback from others. The game has me excited in many ways, but as a more 'realistic' FPS, it has much to work on. LMG's should not be so powerful in CQB, they are support weapons made for using covering fire while in the prone. AR's are most deadly when used at medium and close ranges, which they've done a 'pretty good' job on. A bullet from a sniper rifle, no matter where you hit, should down an enemy instantly, as that's what they're made for.

MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
The issues you find were things that were fixed in the beta of the first Bad Company. One shot sniper kills may sound realistic, and thus good, in theory. But truthfully, they're not. It's way too easy to get headshots in this game, anyways, even in the console version.
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 commandercrap
The issues you find were things that were fixed in the beta of the first Bad Company. One shot sniper kills may sound realistic, and thus good, in theory. But truthfully, they're not. It's way too easy to get headshots in this game, anyways, even in the console version.MPHhunter
This may be true, but how many people do you know that have gotten up and survived a shot from a sniper rifle, to continue engaging the enemy as if nothing's wrong at all? Maybe it should cripple your enemy, where they may be down and out of action and bleeding out, with the chance of a medic to come to his rescue. I know these things can't be 'real real', but there are many possibilities for improvement.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I have just gotten through playing 5 hours of BFBC2 as all classes. Although I know there may be more game types for online multiplayer, here is what I have seen in the hours that I've played the demo.

The game really gives you the feel that you're trying to 'rush'. It's fast-paced, much like MW2, and it keeps you engaged and alert at all times. There are many things that I loved about the demo so far, that other FPS's don't touch on too much. For instance, the series is known for it's snipers having excellent camouflage. Yet, I can't help but get the feeling that I'm trapped at certain points when I get to a good sniping spot. These spots are few and far between, and anyone who has played the game for more than 2 matches knows where all the sniping spots are. This is a bad sign, as snipers should be able to use their camouflage to hide themselves whenever neccessary, and after a kill, they shouldn't be rushed 10 seconds later by another squad member, simply because they know where you are.

The assualt rifle that you first receive as an attacker is awful. It has more recoil than the medic's LMG!!! Not to mention it has a low magazine capacity and the iron sights are simply useless. The only thing that I enjoyed about the assault rifle was the noob tube, which at long ranges, cannot be aimed for beans. Another useless attachment. Also, you spawn with 1 grenade... man, do those things go fast, or what? Sure you can resupply, but if you're already in the midst of a confrontation between buildings, you're trapped with no way to clear a room, especially as a sniper.

Now tanks and vehicles are an awesome touch to any FPS. It's comforting to know you're going in to a town square knowing that you have the fire support and cover of a tank..... until it gets destroyed within 10 seconds, and you're going along with it. The vehicles in the game are too underpowered for what they're truly capable of. I mean, there are rocket outposts in every town square, their object being to desroy tanks. Come on, that's not fair at all. Maybe mines would be a more practical way of destoying a tank, but a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much.

There is much, much more that I want to discuss, but I wanted to post this thread so I can hear feedback from others. The game has me excited in many ways, but as a more 'realistic' FPS, it has much to work on. LMG's should not be so powerful in CQB, they are support weapons made for using covering fire while in the prone. AR's are most deadly when used at medium and close ranges, which they've done a 'pretty good' job on. A bulet from a sniper rifle, no matter where you hit, should down an enemy instantly, as that's what they're made for.

commandercrap

Here's my opinion on everything you think is wrong with this game...

Your first complaint is that snipers don't really have anywhere to hide before being attacked after they get a kill. Yes, in a way this is partly true. However, I don't believe that a sniper should be able to expect to camp in one spot and be safe from attack for a while. If you're a sniper, get a few kills, then move to a different spot so the enemy doesn't get on to you. It's your fault if you decide to camp it out in one spot.

For your complaint about the first assault rifle, yes I agree it's not a good gun. But this is only the first gun available to players, so it's not going to be that good, right? And as far as I know the grenade attachment (a.k.a. noob tube) was never intended for long range combat, which you complain it's bad at. I personally find it to be very effective when used correctly (not at long ranges). And as for having only 1 grenade, if it really is a problem for you then later you can unlock specs which allow you to carry more grenades and ammunition.

I have to disagree with you about vehicles. I think the vehicles are perfectly balanced, not too powerful or too weak. You say that having rocket outposts in each area is unfair, may I ask you why? How else do you expect soldiers on foot to counter tanks? You also go on to say that "a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much." Huh? The last time I checked these were rockets, high-velocity projectiles meant to do extreme damage. I don't know how you can expect a rocket to do almost nothing.

Maybe it's just my bad experiences from COD, but I find this game to be almost perfectly balanced and so far I'm loving the demo. I'm sure others here will agree with me as well.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#5 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

2 shot sniper kills have always been a battlefield trademark.

it encourages you to aim for the head, which in BC 2 is extremely easy, there is no need to complain there.

MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts

[QUOTE="MPHhunter"]The issues you find were things that were fixed in the beta of the first Bad Company. One shot sniper kills may sound realistic, and thus good, in theory. But truthfully, they're not. It's way too easy to get headshots in this game, anyways, even in the console version.commandercrap
This may be true, but how many people do you know that have gotten up and survived a shot from a sniper rifle, to continue engaging the enemy as if nothing's wrong at all? Maybe it should cripple your enemy, where they may be down and out of action and bleeding out, with the chance of a medic to come to his rescue. I know these things can't be 'real real', but there are many possibilities for improvement.

How many people are remote-controlled? How many people can aim a sniper while standing with no sway at all? How many people can fully regain from being shot in the heart twice in less than 10 seconds?

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
And I'm perfectly fine with these "problems", helps keep the cod kiddies away.
Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

Thats called balance my friend. Unlike MW 2, which is a noob fest, Dice is known for laying a balance playground. Tanks resist 2-3 RPGs, so its more than enough. More shots would mean that they are overpowered, and could easily turn the tide of a battle. Specially considering that in Rush, you can destroy the objective without placing the explosives.

Snipers are great, and though sniping points are few, they are well thought, and created to avoid noob camping, where one would just stay put and camp like a little girl. Which is great, since it gives us snipers a more "hunter" feeling than anything else. And because there are no 1 shot kills, one has to be more precise with each shot.

It is true though that the AK for the assault is crappy, but the XM8 is amazing. And its only 2k away.

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

Yeah the tanks can be kept up with engineers trailing behind them keeping them repaired, Ive seen it done lol. Unless they receive an all out barrage of stationary rocket fire and RPG's, they are able to survive for a while. I mean we cant have people getting into tanks and just tearing through everything, thats not balance. There are ways around all of the things mentioned and/or gets better when things are unlocked.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 commandercrap

[QUOTE="commandercrap"]

There is much, much more that I want to discuss, but I wanted to post this thread so I can hear feedback from others. The game has me excited in many ways, but as a more 'realistic' FPS, it has much to work on. LMG's should not be so powerful in CQB, they are support weapons made for using covering fire while in the prone. AR's are most deadly when used at medium and close ranges, which they've done a 'pretty good' job on. A bulet from a sniper rifle, no matter where you hit, should down an enemy instantly, as that's what they're made for.

Vari3ty

Here's my opinion on everything you think is wrong with this game...

Your first complaint is that snipers don't really have anywhere to hide before being attacked after they get a kill. Yes, in a way this is partly true. However, I don't believe that a sniper should be able to expect to camp in one spot and be safe from attack for a while. If you're a sniper, get a few kills, then move to a different spot so the enemy doesn't get on to you. It's your fault if you decide to camp it out in one spot.

For your complaint about the first assault rifle, yes I agree it's not a good gun. But this is only the first gun available to players, so it's not going to be that good, right? And as far as I know the grenade attachment (a.k.a. noob tube) was never intended for long range combat, which you complain it's bad at. I personally find it to be very effective when used correctly (not at long ranges). And as for having only 1 grenade, if it really is a problem for you then later you can unlock specs which allow you to carry more grenades and ammunition.

I have to disagree with you about vehicles. I think the vehicles are perfectly balanced, not too powerful or too weak. You say that having rocket outposts in each area is unfair, may I ask you why? How else do you expect soldiers on foot to counter tanks? You also go on to say that "a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much." Huh? The last time I checked these were rockets, high-velocity projectiles meant to do extreme damage. I don't know how you can expect a rocket to do almost nothing.

Maybe it's just my bad experiences from COD, but I find this game to be almost perfectly balanced and so far I'm loving the demo. I'm sure others here will agree with me as well.

I have acknowledged that games have to be balanced, did I not? Let me start here in respone to your first paragraph, continuing down as I go... keep in mind, calling my critiques 'complaints' is very annoying, it makes me sound foolish. I am in no way complaining, I am simply stating my OPINION on this game, which screams out realistic FPS.

I in no way disagree with you that a sniper should shoot and move, I in fact do this as I play. As I've already stated, sniping spots are often camped or counter-sniped (observed through scope at a distance). A sniper's primary objective is to take out a solitary target (usually pre-determined), before moving on to another. However, on my way to another location I find myself rushed by 2 people (again, not a complaint, it's just the way the game plays out - fine). As a sniper it makes it hard to continue killing. I just wish there were more spots in the game to snipe that couldn't be attacked so easily, or spots where you are hidden - hidden meaning nobody sees you until you are ready to be seen, or your patterns of fire reveal your location - again, moving after you fire 1 round should be sufficient to keep you alive.

I've also said that the AR had a pretty good job done on it; it's only the first rifle that I've used, and the later tiers improve drastically. For beginners in the series, it is a severe handicap to have to use such an awful gun starting out.

Grenade launcher - A.K.A. noob tube - As I recall, in basic training we had an excersice that involved the MK19 and M203's... both were used on the same target at 300m. So, the grenade launcher not for long range combat? Are you kidding? Why would you PURPOSELY detonate something in your proximity that can cause collateral damage, thus killing yourself or anyone nearby. It is meant for long-range engagements, sir.

Tanks - Now I know these aren't M1 Abrams by any means... but did you know that M1 tanks can withstand sustained rocket attacks without being damaged internally? The only way to destroy them is by hitting them underneath or the exhaust, which is generally at the rear of the tank. I would have liked to see some precision going into taking out a tank - i.e. AT mines or RPG's? A shoulder-fired RPG to the rear of the tank could disable it's movement, thus making it a sitting duck - sure, it could fire, but it just makes it that much easier to finish taking out.

In all, it's closer to a MW2 in the sense that there is no thought going into killing - it's simply that- a run-n-gun style of shooter, with no need for tactics or precision. I was really hoping for something different, but then again, it's only the demo. The full game could change my perspective.

Also, keep in mind that I did NOT create this thread so you can argue against my opinions; I just want to hear what YOU like and what YOU dislike.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commandercrap

[QUOTE="commandercrap"][QUOTE="MPHhunter"]The issues you find were things that were fixed in the beta of the first Bad Company. One shot sniper kills may sound realistic, and thus good, in theory. But truthfully, they're not. It's way too easy to get headshots in this game, anyways, even in the console version.MPHhunter

How many people are remote-controlled? How many people can aim a sniper while standing with no sway at all? How many people can fully regain from being shot in the heart twice in less than 10 seconds?

Yeah, I lol'ed. I understand your point of view, but one thing I can't stand is the fact that for a bolt-action rifle, you have to actually de-shoulder the rifle to reload then take aim again. By that time your enemy has taken cover. Yes, it encourages you to aim for the head, but in some cases, you can't actually see their head.
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

Ok I agree with everyone else on everything but the AK. If you shoot in short bursts, the firstassault rifle is a BEAST! I got a score of 3405 on my first game with that gun... maybe becauseI played the beta as well, so i have practise. The main thing with AR's is that you have to shoot in bursts, and that will get you easy kills

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
I mean if there was one shot sniper kills all the time than that's all people would use and the game would be cheap and it would be on the low of games like mw2 and extremely unbalanced I mean all a guy has to do is graze your arm and boom you've gotta respawn...anyway I mean I enjoyed bfbc2 the only thing I didn't like is it seemed like everyone was more fighting over the vehicles than the actual objectives and then would just sit there and camp rv style when they finally got the vehicles...I had the same problem with waw and bfbc 1 yet I didn't with 1943 for some reason....the only game I thought worked with vehicles was warhawk...but tahts just my opinion the game is still seeming to be great none the less
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

I mean if there was one shot sniper kills all the time than that's all people would use and the game would be cheap and it would be on the low of games like mw2 and extremely unbalanced I mean all a guy has to do is graze your arm and boom you've gotta respawn...anyway I mean I enjoyed bfbc2 the only thing I didn't like is it seemed like everyone was more fighting over the vehicles than the actual objectives and then would just sit there and camp rv style when they finally got the vehicles...I had the same problem with waw and bfbc 1 yet I didn't with 1943 for some reason....the only game I thought worked with vehicles was warhawk...but tahts just my opinion the game is still seeming to be great none the less Eazy1891

i like how also you don't make the sniper a MG. you actually have to cock the bolt back.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
BFBC2 falls short because its the little brother to the PC series. There is just so much they dont do that made the PC series great. Here are a few of my complaints: 1) Conquest mode >>>> Gold Rush mode. It always has. I know BC had conquest maps eventually, but they were modified Gold Rush maps. BC needs maps designed as conquest first, then make a gold rush map from that if you want. 1943 is a great example of what is possible with legit conquest maps. I have, so far, played two maps in the whole series that gave me the feeling of truly playing Battlefield...Harvest Day and Oasis. 2) Limited vehicles. BC is trying to stay more infantry in many maps and parts of maps. Airplanes are non-existent. They have that silly UAV instead of choppers. It seems like there are not enough vehicles. I think I remember a maximum of what...4 vehicles on a side? 3) The weapons within a particular class are not very distinct from one another. Many times two different weapons from a class will feel exactly the same except maybe rate of fire.
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 commandercrap

I've just got done playing another match, and the game froze up on me after attempting to fix a completely broken vehicle (just to see if I could fix it). I have had real fun playing, but it's shortcomings aren't really showing me that this is a title that wants my $60. I love using the vehicles to take objectives, and the choppers are a little difficult to control, but real fun to use.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vari3ty

I've just got done playing another match, and the game froze up on me after attempting to fix a completely broken vehicle (just to see if I could fix it). I have had real fun playing, but it's shortcomings aren't really showing me that this is a title that wants my $60. I love using the vehicles to take objectives, and the choppers are a little difficult to control, but real fun to use.

commandercrap

I agree with you about the choppers being difficult to control. I tried using one the last game I played but ended up crashing into a side of a building. Lol.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

There is much, much more that I want to discuss, but I wanted to post this thread so I can hear feedback from others. The game has me excited in many ways, but as a more 'realistic' FPS, it has much to work on. LMG's should not be so powerful in CQB, they are support weapons made for using covering fire while in the prone. AR's are most deadly when used at medium and close ranges, which they've done a 'pretty good' job on. A bullet from a sniper rifle, no matter where you hit, should down an enemy instantly, as that's what they're made for.

commandercrap

From what I gather this is what you want:

Snipers: Should be able to use their camo anywhere you want and be able to kill in one hit. You don't want to have to relocate because its unrealistic for a person to tell their squadmate where they just died or where they spot a sniper at. You are a ninja who shouldn't be seen, never have to move and kill instantly. Nice.

Assault: Guns should be as accurate as all other guns, have a huge ammo cappacity (because giving yourself ammo isn't enough) so you can pray and spray without having to use the ironsights. Just do it all from the hip. Gernades should be plentiful, because all soldiers go into battle geared to the teeth like Rambo. Likewise the gernade lanchers should be pin point accurate from long distances, despite gernades weighing a lot more than bullets and should defy laws of gravity.

Vehicles: I am in a tank so that makes me immortal. This is not imbalanced from foot soldiers, they simply need to find a vehicle as strong as mine and we will do epic battle. This also goes for all vehicles.Military armor ismade of solid Godstone and even if something is designed to bring down armored vehicles, it shouldn't be able to easily.

Sorry buddy, sounds like you have no idea what "balance" is or any idea what "realistic" is in terms of military weapons. You sound like you would be much happier playing MW2 and please stay there.

Shade340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shade340
Member since 2008 • 516 Posts

What I like is that the graphics are refreshing the gunplay is fun and the game is generally well balanced, what I don't like is the bullet lag, instability. I realize this is a beta but it is close to release so these should have already been worked out. Bullet lag in this game is ridiculous I am a shotgun whore and when I shoot someone relatively point blank I expect them dead though time and time again I find that it not only takes 1 but 2 shotgun shells to down someone in CQB. The auto shotty is a piece of crap where the shells do next to no damage and unloads its entire mag in under a second these issues need to be fixed before I buy this because with the release of so many heavy hiting titles This game will have to take a backseat

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vari3ty

I actually don't think there is much bullet lag, I just think the shotgun isn't that effective.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Yeah I don't agree with what you just posted. It seems like no matter what the shooter is there will always be people who hate things about it. BC2 does not fall short.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ninja_Zombie83

Honestly I love BFBC2. I've been around the block and played a ton of FPS and BFBC2 just seems to be the most balanced. Clips are short to prevent pray and spray, reloads are long so you can't go in guns blazing. Snipers need to actually aim for kill shots and the further away they want to camp, the harder the shot becomes thanks to gravity. Vehicles are powerful and more so when you have people helping you, but it doesn't make you invincible.

I've had more experience as a "team" than any other fps out and its got a unique feel. When you think fps you think of a gun and knife, but BFBC offers so much more to broaden the experience of battle that it keeps me entertained for a lot longer. Its a great blend of tactical shooter and arcade shooter without crossing the lines too much.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 commandercrap

[QUOTE="commandercrap"]

Ninja_Zombie83

From what I gather this is what you want:

Snipers: Should be able to use their camo anywhere you want and be able to kill in one hit. You don't want to have to relocate because its unrealistic for a person to tell their squadmate where they just died or where they spot a sniper at. You are a ninja who shouldn't be seen, never have to move and kill instantly. Nice.

Assault: Guns should be as accurate as all other guns, have a huge ammo cappacity (because giving yourself ammo isn't enough) so you can pray and spray without having to use the ironsights. Just do it all from the hip. Gernades should be plentiful, because all soldiers go into battle geared to the teeth like Rambo. Likewise the gernade lanchers should be pin point accurate from long distances, despite gernades weighing a lot more than bullets and should defy laws of gravity.

Vehicles: I am in a tank so that makes me immortal. This is not imbalanced from foot soldiers, they simply need to find a vehicle as strong as mine and we will do epic battle. This also goes for all vehicles.Military armor ismade of solid Godstone and even if something is designed to bring down armored vehicles, it shouldn't be able to easily.

Sorry buddy, sounds like you have no idea what "balance" is or any idea what "realistic" is in terms of military weapons. You sound like you would be much happier playing MW2 and please stay there.

IF you want to argue, bring a valid argument, cite specific quotes, and stop belittling people while you're at it.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrandJury
You're going to be hard presses to find a 100% accurate military experience.....That is still fun and flexible for vets and noobs to play and have fun together. Is BC2 the most realistic shooter out there? No, but it is a fun game with great qualities to it.
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 commandercrap

Yeah I don't agree with what you just posted. It seems like no matter what the shooter is there will always be people who hate things about it. BC2 does not fall short.GrandJury

I find this game really fun. I've been playing the past 2 hours. It just falls short of my expectations, which were high. There is some room for improvement, as with ANY game I play, but sitting here and arguing with people as to why their opinion bests mine is not high on my agenda.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GrandJury
I am not trying to argue with you., I respect your opinion. I was just stating mine.
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 commandercrap

You're going to be hard presses to find a 100% accurate military experience.....That is still fun and flexible for vets and noobs to play and have fun together. Is BC2 the most realistic shooter out there? No, but it is a fun game with great qualities to it.GrandJury

Of course! And whoever doesn't realize that you won't get a 100% realistic military experience needs a reality check. I completely agree that it is a good game with good qualities, I just saw this game at one point being the best... and it still is the best I've played in the series. It brings with it some qualities from other games that I'm not too comforable with.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 commandercrap

I am not trying to argue with you., I respect your opinion. I was just stating mine.GrandJury

The referral wasn't directed at you, man. And I respect others' opinions as well.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Yet, I can't help but get the feeling that I'm trapped at certain points when I get to a good sniping spot. These spots are few and far between, and anyone who has played the game for more than 2 matches knows where all the sniping spots are. This is a bad sign, as snipers should be able to use their camouflage to hide themselves whenever neccessary, and after a kill, they shouldn't be rushed 10 seconds later by another squad member, simply because they know where you are. Your supposed to keep moving after each kill. Most of the time if you are too far away they won't go after you unless they themselves are a sniper thus will begin shooting you as they spawn. The assualt rifle that you first receive as an attacker is awful. It has more recoil than the medic's LMG!!! Not to mention it has a low magazine capacity and the iron sights are simply useless. It's a starter rifle what did you expect? I don't know if it's me or not but when I play I barely see any recoil in any of the guns. Maybe I'm just too used to it. Iron sights, useless? How would iron sights be useless? I've had plenty of headshots with the weapons iron sights. The only thing that I enjoyed about the assault rifle was the noob tube, which at long ranges, cannot be aimed for beans. Another useless attachment. You can aim the grenade launcher at long ranges easily. The more you play the more you start to recognize the distance between the target and your launcher. Besides, if you shoot the grenade launcher at a long distance target and see where it hits, you should be able to adjust the height needed to hit the target. Also, you spawn with 1 grenade... man, do those things go fast, or what? Sure you can resupply, but if you're already in the midst of a confrontation between buildings, you're trapped with no way to clear a room, especially as a sniper. That's what C4 is for. Stick them all around the building and watch your kills rack up. Now tanks and vehicles are an awesome touch to any FPS. It's comforting to know you're going in to a town square knowing that you have the fire support and cover of a tank..... until it gets destroyed within 10 seconds, and you're going along with it. The vehicles in the game are too underpowered for what they're truly capable of. I mean, there are rocket outposts in every town square, their object being to desroy tanks. Come on, that's not fair at all. When your faced with an experienced driver or pilot a rocket is not going to save you. There should be no excuse for someone complaining the vehicles are underpowered. I'm not even a great tank driver but I know when to back up as soon as I get hit by a couple rockets. Maybe mines would be a more practical way of destoying a tank, but a couple of rockets to the side of a tank shouldn't be able to do so much. They don't do much. most of the time 4 rockets is what it takes. Plenty of time to "Oh **** I'm getting hit by rockets, time to back up!" Unless of course you face a pretty decent team who knows how to trace and fire rockets at the same time. That or the driver is going to deep in enemy lines thus his back is exposed. There is much, much more that I want to discuss, but I wanted to post this thread so I can hear feedback from others. The game has me excited in many ways, but as a more 'realistic' FPS, it has much to work on. If you want realism try out Arma. A bullet from a sniper rifle, no matter where you hit, should down an enemy instantly, as that's what they're made for. If you really want to see what happens when bullet damage is increased join a hardcore server To sum my responses all up. Play more. If that fails then maybe Battlefield games are not for you.
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 commandercrap

By all means, a good game. And though I won't take any of what I said back, you are right - play more, and more things start coming to you. The grenade launcher is still a bit meh...

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

commandercrap

k you don't like it, don't get it. Other people may like it, this is what makes gaming interesting.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I'm having no problems at all.. and the only reason you're "trapped" your a bad sniper imo, I've had no problem holding a 3:1 so far in the demo, and most of the times its higher... I just really like the balancing in the game, the vehicles don't feel overpowered... my only real gripe is how badly the knifing was handled, hopefully they fix it before the full game comes out... and i haven't had much problem with the 2 hit kill kill sniper rifles, i always hit them in the head and kill in one shot anyway..
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ninja_Zombie83

You know, its easy to say "the game is this" and label it opinion, but whenever someone says "no its not" there seems to be a problem. When you point fingers be ready to have some pointed right back at ya. If you are unable to handle this, maybe you should be blogging instead. The majority of people agree that its a pretty balanced game, and more so than many FPS out. A lot of the problems you seem to be having are more about skill than poor game mechanics. Although I am a sarcastic poster, I can bluntly say that if the problems you have were "fixed" many things would be overpowered and it would make for a frustrating game. If you crash on a bike, the problem isn't that it doesn't have enough wheels. BFBC2 is just fine. You need more cowbell, thats all.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 commandercrap

Probably the best response I've gotten thus far. I can say this, though: If there was going to be anything that made me change my mind about this game, it would be improvements on maps. I've been playing (still, 13 hours in) more and more, and am realizing the problems I am facing are partially due to the fact that there is only 1 map, and many people are already accustomed to it. There are already people camping common spots, so although I may be quick on the draw, they are one step ahead of me because they know I'm coming. The fact that I lack skill can only be attributed to my playing of MAG and MW2... different look sensitivities for different games... controls... and maps. I consider myself to be a good head-up shooter, but I can't best someone who knows the lay of the land better than myself.

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 commandercrap
I'm having no problems at all.. and the only reason you're "trapped" your a bad sniper imo, I've had no problem holding a 3:1 so far in the demo, and most of the times its higher... I just really like the balancing in the game, the vehicles don't feel overpowered... my only real gripe is how badly the knifing was handled, hopefully they fix it before the full game comes out... and i haven't had much problem with the 2 hit kill kill sniper rifles, i always hit them in the head and kill in one shot anyway..PoisoN_Facecam0
It's a funny thing that I'm holding a 2.00 K/D ratio... I'm usually an engineer or in a vehicle though... sniping may not be my strong point, but there is that familiar BF feel with it.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
[QUOTE="commandercrap"][QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"] It's a funny thing that I'm holding a 2.00 K/D ratio... I'm usually an engineer or in a vehicle though... sniping may not be my strong point, but there is that familiar BF feel with it.

[QUOTE="PoisoN_Facecam0"]I'm having no problems at all.. and the only reason you're "trapped" your a bad sniper imo, I've had no problem holding a 3:1 so far in the demo, and most of the times its higher... I just really like the balancing in the game, the vehicles don't feel overpowered... my only real gripe is how badly the knifing was handled, hopefully they fix it before the full game comes out... and i haven't had much problem with the 2 hit kill kill sniper rifles, i always hit them in the head and kill in one shot anyway..commandercrap
It's a funny thing that I'm holding a 2.00 K/D ratio... I'm usually an engineer or in a vehicle though... sniping may not be my strong point, but there is that familiar BF feel with it.

Yeah the i'm engineer alot too (mostly for anti-vehicle purposes though :P) I haven't played BF since BF2 on the PC, but this is the first one in a while that i really like, idk what it is maybe i just got fed up with all the dual wielding, warp knifing, and killstreaks in COD... Probably the biggest thing i have to get over with BF though is that i can't go prone...
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commandercrap

There's warp knifing in this game too, I've noticed... twice I wasn't even facing my enemy but tried to knife anyway, and go his tags.

Emmure_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Emmure_
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

2 shot sniper kills have always been a battlefield trademark.

it encourages you to aim for the head, which in BC 2 is extremely easy, there is no need to complain there.

Dead-Memories

You mean every other fps to date... It gets old, when you ****ING know that no one could possibly survive that sniper shot.

I fine with being rushed as a sniper, beacuse it's not fun being constantly sniped by a camper. that being said, one shot kills are a MUST.

Avatar image for kinkywithknives
kinkywithknives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kinkywithknives
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
Lemme quick reply to this post in earnest... YOURE TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME!!! Period. First of all, there are no "sniper spots", you can shoot from literally anywhere, there is so much cover! I've identified personally over 30 different positions to snipe from throughout the Harbor. You don't camp like a moron. When you kill someone everyone will know where you are so you move to the next available position and scout another target. This prevents idiot campers from ruining the game, and makes it much more challenging and less stupid. Also, all sniper kits come equipped with the option for a pistol, meant solely for close quarters combat and room clearing where a rifle would be awkward; learn how to use it. Secondly, if you can't use the iron sites on the assault rifle you must be down or something. It's an assault rifle of course it has more recoil than a compact sub machine gun (the medics are equipped with). Like in reality, like in the game, the most accurate way to fire is in short bursts. What kind of assault rifle do you think sports anything more than a 30 round clip? When you're sitting their like an idiot burning through rounds and hitting nothing, I'm sure it does feel like you're strapped for bullets. Finally, to everyone who EVER picks this game up. To control the map you need to control the armor, the tanks. The way to control the armor is simple, ride out with a full posse! I am the animal mother on the 50. cal. I must log over 30 kills a round just wasting cats as they run through, and this is EASY. It is nearly impossible to destroy a tank with an accurate gunner on the 50. You have to have a keen eye and watch out for RPG's. Also keep a technician handy to work on your tank during downtime. The way you protect your tanks is with accurate gunners on the 50. and snipers to back them up, (someone will need to control the fixed position rocket launchers and mini guns). Lastly, There is nothing stupider than some fool hopping in a tank alone, riding into the middle of battle, taking a rocket in the ass and abandoning the ride. This is the fastest way to lose the game in Rush Mode, I promise you.
Avatar image for kinkywithknives
kinkywithknives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kinkywithknives
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
Epic reply! I lawlzed so hard at this.
MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
everyone is entitled to their opinion and i do respect that, of course, there are going to be some people who love and some poeple who hate a certain game... i do love bf: bc 2, i loved bf: bc, and i d o not feel in any way that the weapons used in the game are both advantagous and disadvantagous, it is the way you use them that makes them shine... the entry assault rifle along with the engineer smg are both very effective, you just need to fire in bursts and inbetween wait for the recoil, no one is a rambo or commando in this game so the days of single arm lmg shooting with incredible accuracy is as in real life impossible, and i do thank the developers for that... actually i realize that the xperience i gained in the first bf: bc made me a better fps player in general, it is not that hardcore realistic to make you miserable and it is not that arcadey to make you feel like a one man army... it is just as it should be imho... :)
commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 commandercrap

Lemme quick reply to this post in earnest... YOURE TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME!!! Period. First of all, there are no "sniper spots", you can shoot from literally anywhere, there is so much cover! I've identified personally over 30 different positions to snipe from throughout the Harbor. You don't camp like a moron. When you kill someone everyone will know where you are so you move to the next available position and scout another target. This prevents idiot campers from ruining the game, and makes it much more challenging and less stupid. Also, all sniper kits come equipped with the option for a pistol, meant solely for close quarters combat and room clearing where a rifle would be awkward; learn how to use it. Secondly, if you can't use the iron sites on the assault rifle you must be down or something. It's an assault rifle of course it has more recoil than a compact sub machine gun (the medics are equipped with). Like in reality, like in the game, the most accurate way to fire is in short bursts. What kind of assault rifle do you think sports anything more than a 30 round clip? When you're sitting their like an idiot burning through rounds and hitting nothing, I'm sure it does feel like you're strapped for bullets. Finally, to everyone who EVER picks this game up. To control the map you need to control the armor, the tanks. The way to control the armor is simple, ride out with a full posse! I am the animal mother on the 50. cal. I must log over 30 kills a round just wasting cats as they run through, and this is EASY. It is nearly impossible to destroy a tank with an accurate gunner on the 50. You have to have a keen eye and watch out for RPG's. Also keep a technician handy to work on your tank during downtime. The way you protect your tanks is with accurate gunners on the 50. and snipers to back them up, (someone will need to control the fixed position rocket launchers and mini guns). Lastly, There is nothing stupider than some fool hopping in a tank alone, riding into the middle of battle, taking a rocket in the ass and abandoning the ride. This is the fastest way to lose the game in Rush Mode, I promise you.kinkywithknives

Lemme quick reply to this post in earnest... YOURE TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME!!!

nope, not anymore.

Also, all sniper kits come equipped with the option for a pistol, meant solely for close quarters combat and room clearing where a rifle would be awkward

pistol.... CQB? Hardly. Self-defense at close range.

It's an assault rifle of course it has more recoil than a compact sub machine gun (the medics are equipped with).

Medics start with LMG's.

Like in reality, like in the game, the most accurate way to fire is in short bursts. What kind of assault rifle do you think sports anything more than a 30 round clip?

Running straight at someone firing in short bursts is a sure-fire way to get yourelf killed. You don't stop shooting till they're down. My comment was scenario-based, which I did not explain earlier.

You have to have a keen eye and watch out for RPG's. Also keep a technician handy to work on your tank during downtime. The way you protect your tanks is with accurate gunners on the 50. and snipers to back them up, (someone will need to control the fixed position rocket launchers and mini guns). Lastly, There is nothing stupider than some fool hopping in a tank alone, riding into the middle of battle, taking a rocket in the ass and abandoning the ride. This is the fastest way to lose the game in Rush Mode, I promise you

Agreeed, 100%

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commandercrap

everyone is entitled to their opinion and i do respect that, of course, there are going to be some people who love and some poeple who hate a certain game... i do love bf: bc 2, i loved bf: bc, and i d o not feel in any way that the weapons used in the game are both advantagous and disadvantagous, it is the way you use them that makes them shine... the entry assault rifle along with the engineer smg are both very effective, you just need to fire in bursts and inbetween wait for the recoil, no one is a rambo or commando in this game so the days of single arm lmg shooting with incredible accuracy is as in real life impossible, and i do thank the developers for that... actually i realize that the xperience i gained in the first bf: bc made me a better fps player in general, it is not that hardcore realistic to make you miserable and it is not that arcadey to make you feel like a one man army... it is just as it should be imho... :)MondasM

Hell yeah8)

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts
People who complain about guns shouldn't being playing real FPS. Stick to COD or arena FPS like Halo or Quake Live. Also, soooo glad that most snipers on BF games are two hit kill. Sniping is COD is waaaay to easy.
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tirralirra
[QUOTE="MondasM"]everyone is entitled to their opinion and i do respect that, of course, there are going to be some people who love and some poeple who hate a certain game... i do love bf: bc 2, i loved bf: bc, and i d o not feel in any way that the weapons used in the game are both advantagous and disadvantagous, it is the way you use them that makes them shine... the entry assault rifle along with the engineer smg are both very effective, you just need to fire in bursts and inbetween wait for the recoil, no one is a rambo or commando in this game so the days of single arm lmg shooting with incredible accuracy is as in real life impossible, and i do thank the developers for that... actually i realize that the xperience i gained in the first bf: bc made me a better fps player in general, it is not that hardcore realistic to make you miserable and it is not that arcadey to make you feel like a one man army... it is just as it should be imho... :)

Last comment is there. BC is the perfect combo between realism and arcade. The more hardcore FPS players will prefer Arma, BF2, Operation Flashpoint back in the day. Anyone know if a BF3 will come out, hated 1942
Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts

Yeah, I lol'ed. I understand your point of view, but one thing I can't stand is the fact that for a bolt-action rifle, you have to actually de-shoulder the rifle to reload then take aim again. By that time your enemy has taken cover. Yes, it encourages you to aim for the head, but in some cases, you can't actually see their head.

well, this for me is kinda hard to like or dislike. i like that it does because to me it feel a little more real. but yeah in real life you most likly would not de-sholder the rifle. i for one think the game plays well. for the tanks. i can say that i'm glad that they can go down fast they are just devestating when someone who knows how to use it goes to town. i can drive one for a long time. i see most players just haul right in the the path of the turrents. As for the weapons the Ak i think was great i could get 5 kills before reloading. the aiming on it was just right. the second gun you get is better but not by much. i think it may be to early to say that its online is not good (not excatly what you said) i am going to get this game because of just playing the demo. its way better then i thought.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#48 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I just didn't like it, it felt really boring.

I'll stick with MW2

tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tirralirra

Yeah, I lol'ed. I understand your point of view, but one thing I can't stand is the fact that for a bolt-action rifle, you have to actually de-shoulder the rifle to reload then take aim again. By that time your enemy has taken cover. Yes, it encourages you to aim for the head, but in some cases, you can't actually see their head.untouchables111

well, this for me is kinda hard to like or dislike. i like that it does because to me it feel a little more real. but yeah in real life you most likly would not de-sholder the rifle. i for one think the game plays well. for the tanks. i can say that i'm glad that they can go down fast they are just devestating when someone who knows how to use it goes to town. i can drive one for a long time. i see most players just haul right in the the path of the turrents. As for the weapons the Ak i think was great i could get 5 kills before reloading. the aiming on it was just right. the second gun you get is better but not by much. i think it may be to early to say that its online is not good (not excatly what you said) i am going to get this game because of just playing the demo. its way better then i thought.

the online in bc1 was considerably better than the sp. lets hope the maps are good and the sp is kz2 epic
Seritonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Seritonin
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts

I had a great time playing the Beta. But this new map for the demo I'm not to happy with. Maybe I'm just mad that I have to use the AK (which does suck) when I was used to using the way better XM8. But overall I just think that this map isn't as good as the Beta map. I'm sure there will be maps that aren't as good as that one and maps that are better still. I'm still on the fence about this game.