Who here has been with PS since the PS1?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I have been with playstation since the ps1, proudly and happily enjoyed what I feel to be the best gaming platform ever. I had a ps1, ps2, ps3 and will probably get a ps4 soon. Anyone else had all the playstation consoles? Ive had others along the way but PS has always been at the top of the list for me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

PS1 was the first console I bought with my own money, and I've owned every PS console since. However, I wouldn't say it was my platform of choice every generation... I liked Xbox & Gamecube better than PS2 for example. But then I was mainly PS3 last gen.

So yeah, I've probably been mostly a PS gamer over the years.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

PS, PS2, PSP, PSPGO, PSONE, PS4, PSVITA

I bought 4 original Playstations, and the later PSONE

I bought 4 PS2, three of them slim versions

I bought 2 PS3

I had an original PSP, still have a white PSPGO

I own an original VITA

and of course the PS4

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I have been with Sony since Playstation, I have Playstation 2 , Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. But I started the 5th Generation of consoles with Nintendo 64. Since the Super Nintendo was my favorite system of all time.

equanox214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 equanox214
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

Exclusively? No but I have owned every Sony console, he'll i still play my psx. The only one I almost didn't get was the psx which did a turn around after psplus imo. Fantastic systems with the best games for me

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I was! Only played a few games during the PS2 era but I've owned a PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Vita, and PS4 while they were new.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#8 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Hmm, we had a PS1 around but I didn't play it much. The PS2 was basically the first Playstation console I put significant time into then. Even then, I primarily played Nintendo games, which is how it was from the N64 to the Wii for a while. Of course, I also sunk a lot of time into RuneScape, but that's a different story... so I guess I didn't primarily play the Playstation until I got a PS3, because soon after that, that's almost all I played. I still play that and have a Vita and will soon have a PS4. Anything else I still have is rarely used by me.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

Hmm, we had a PS1 around but I didn't play it much. The PS2 was basically the first Playstation console I put significant time into then. Even then, I primarily played Nintendo games, which is how it was from the N64 to the Wii for a while. Of course, I also sunk a lot of time into RuneScape, but that's a different story... so I guess I didn't primarily play the Playstation until I got a PS3, because soon after that, that's almost all I played. I still play that and have a Vita and will soon have a PS4. Anything else I still have is rarely used by me.

cool, i suggest the white ps4 destiny bundle. it looks sweet.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I have owned every playstation system so far. I don't do it out of some kind of company love, I'd be more than happy to ditch them completely if they act too douchey down the road.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yup.. i remember getting the PS1 in 1996 to play Resident Evil. i got the PS2 on launch night but i did play ALOT of Xbox during that gen, probally even more than PS2 because Halo blew my mind then

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#12 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i played games on it, but never owned it because i was too young and i never got one so i always played at friends houses. But since the PS2, i have owned all of their consoles except for the PSP

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: I have been with Sony since the PS1. I have also been with Nintendo since NES, Sega since Sega Master System, and Xbox since Xbox 1 (Original).

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

yup.. i remember getting the PS1 in 1996 to play Resident Evil. i got the PS2 on launch night but i did play ALOT of Xbox during that gen, probally even more than PS2 because Halo blew my mind then

Same story as mine even though I still had my dreamcast!! lol

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I have owned all of the PlayStation consoles as well as all of the Nintendo consoles, all of the Xbox consoles, and all of the Sega consoles except the Master System. None of of the PlayStation consoles have ever been my favorite console in any generation though.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I didn't get a PS1 at launch, but I did have one. I've owned every Sony console. I love me some playstation and PSP/Vita.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

I have gotten the Playstation, PS2, PS3, and PS4 on day 1. I have by far enjoyed the Sony consoles over Nintendo and MS, that being said though.. I have owned very Nintendo Console and have also gotten each xbox on day 1. I am not a fanboy, because I enjoy games, but I enjoy my playstation consoles the most.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I have owned each version of the PlayStation consoles. I honestly didn't play the PS1 as much as I would have liked to. The PS1 had Resident Evil, Command & Conquer and many more amazing games. But I played the PS2 a lot. SOCOM II was a staple for PlayStation...in my opinion. The PS3 was an amazing system...even with some of its difficulties. Skyrim, Fallout, Warhawk, The Last of Us, Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 1, 2, 3 to name a few. I also own a PSP (3000). Now I currently own a PS4 and I can truly say I am going to continue to be a fan for many years to come.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Ive had almost every console since NES(even a jaguar). That includes all playstation consoles including the portables. PC has always been my preferred platform, but I still love my sony consoles as well. Sony please reward me with a new wipeout game.....

TreyTable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 TreyTable
Member since 2003 • 40 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: I've been gaming on PlayStation products since 1998 with the SCPH-5501 PlayStation. I had been, up until I bought my first PlayStation, a two (current) console person, so I had a Nintendo 64 and the SEGA Saturn. The reason I got the N64 was for the same reasons I always buy a Nintendo console; Mario, Zelda, et cetera. I got the Saturn because I preferred Virtua Fighter over Tekken. But after playing Soul Blade, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Resident Evil 2, I had to own a PlayStation. I didn't get a PS2 at launch, cos that was all crazy with scalpers and the required bundles from GameStop, Electronics Boutique, Funcoland, and other stores, but got one January 14th, 2002. those first few months the games were terrible, what with titles such as SSX, Ridge Racer V, and Street Fighter EX3. The PS2 finally got good with Gran Turismo 3 and then Grand Theft Auto 3. One thing to say about the PS2, either I have the worst luck ever, or those fat PS2 systems were piles of junk, and the only PS2 system I had that wasn't total garbage is my current slim PS2. I got the PSP-1001 in 2008, and had to replace it this year with a PSP-3000 cos I played the 1001 to death, literally. I got the PS3 in 2009, cos, well, cost and other priorities, but with the extended console generation of the PS3 / 360 / Wii generation, I really didn't miss much. I haven't bought a PS4 or Xbox One yet, cos I'm waiting for new-gen games, and will probably buy a Vita before the PS4 or Xbox One.

Oh, I started gaming with Home Pong.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I own a ps1 ps2 and ps3, however in each generation I preferred a different console.

Saturn, gamecube and 360.

I prefers the saturn because I had it first and only got a ps1 later into its cycle, so late the dream cast was due out.

Gamecube was just miles ahead of ps2 for me, apart from grand theft auto I had no use for the ps2.

And the ps3 was a great doorstop, it was actually used to prop a heavy door open for a while.

So as you could tell nothing interested me on it.

Last gen 360 exclusives like lost oddyessy, halo, gears , mass effect and bioshck sucked most my time.

Any multiplats were gen rally aye on my 360 as that's what's my friends had and the the 360 didn't give me arthritis like the ps3 controller.

I know mass effect and bioshock did eventaully come on the ps3, but I'd already beaten them multiple times on the 360 by then so there was no incentive to use my ps3.

I did use my ps3 as a bluray player before I got my gaming rig.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I have owned pretty much every system since I started working and could afford to.

veggie530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 veggie530
Member since 2003 • 2878 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

PS1 was the first console I bought with my own money, and I've owned every PS console since. However, I wouldn't say it was my platform of choice every generation... I liked Xbox & Gamecube better than PS2 for example. But then I was mainly PS3 last gen.

I just made the most ghastly face. The greatest console of all time (PS2) and you prefer XBOX?!?!?!

to each their own, though!

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts
@veggie530 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I just made the most ghastly face. The greatest console of all time (PS2) and you prefer XBOX?!?!?!

I agree with him. Unless you really love Japanese RPGs (I don't), then Xbox was a better console. It was far more powerful so it always had the best version of multiplats, it introduced more innovations to consoles such as the hard drive and XBLA, it had a more comfortable controller, it was far better for online gaming, and for my taste, I thought Xbox had better exclusives as well. I prefered the Xbox's great lineup of FPS and Western RPGs that never appeared much on consoles prior to Xbox over the 3d platformers and Japanese RPGs that dominated on the PS2.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22379 Posts

@starwolf474 said:
@veggie530 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I agree with him. Unless you really love Japanese RPGs (I don't), then Xbox was a better console. It was far more powerful so it always had the best version of multiplats, it introduced more innovations to consoles such as the hard drive and XBLA, it had a more comfortable controller, it was far better for online gaming, and for my taste, I thought Xbox had better exclusives as well. I prefered the Xbox's great lineup of FPS and Western RPGs that never appeared much on consoles prior to Xbox over the 3d platformers and Japanese RPGs that dominated on the PS2.

Yep... pretty much why I preferred Xbox. And Halo & KOTOR of course.

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

Have had PS, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. Love the system and it is generally the platform I always spend most of my gaming and multi platforms. Other consoles were Atari 7800, SNES, N64, Xbox, 360, XB1, Game Boy, Game Boy Colour and PC.

Had Xbox for Halo 2 and then traded the console, and bought 360 as it launched first, then when RROD came on I switched to PS3. My best PS gaming memories were Rugby (launch title) on PS2, Tony Hawk 1 & 2, Final Fantasy X and Assassins Creed 2.

Although really treasured the SNES and N64 as systems. Just great games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario kart, 1080 Snowboarding, Pokemon etc. Felt like the Golden Age of Nintendo and why the brand reminds me of my childhood.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

PS1, PS2, PSP... and that's it. I went with 360 and will go with ps4 next.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

After I played the poop out of my sega genesis. I received a PS1 back in the day. Been on PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4. Day one release got an xbox 360 was a big fan of Xbox live until they screwed it all up. Then, I had an account horror story that took me a year to get fixed with Microsoft. Ever since my free time on xbox live went away after the problem. I've been on PC but, due to my situation overseas I'm a big PS4 fan. Bought my ps4 console 16th of December 2013 and been a big fan of it since. Sony really turned it around this generation and I have to give it to them. Great job keep up the good work!

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Yep I've had every Playstation Console since they began, and multiple consoles in the house when i was growing up got to the point we had a PS2 in every room of the house, was instead of dvd players, Playstation has always been the primary console but i've had all the others and I did used to game on PC and have just started getting back into it with a level entry PC which is just to tie me over until I save my 3grand i need to build my mega build pc, which by the time i come to build it, end of next year, PC gaming would be at a good place and onto the next gen hardware for 4K gaming so cannot wait.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The only PS system I never owned was PSP.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Looking back at my rich game console history, I didn't join the "playstation army" until Ps2.

As a young boy I was a huge Nintendo boy. Basically because that was the system that was available to us. No regrets, though; Nintendo had an amazing run. Still hoping they get back.

Got PS2 when GTA 3 came out, I believe. At that time, I was pretty much still a PC gamer, so the PS2 was my second choice. Still, I enjoyed my short stint with the PS2, so I moved on to buy the very pricy, very bulky PS3. Turned to console gaming and had amazing moments with my PS3. Now I own a PS4 and I do not regret.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Owned all of the PS consoles, and handhelds, with the exception of the PSP GO.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

I bought the first ps when it first came out and enjoyed it. I also bought the n64 and my ps fell apart and never bought a ps console after that, never felt like I was missing out either. I took very good care of that ps to, the spindle fell apart and I was already sitting it sideways to play FF7. At least it made it through FF7.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I've been with PlayStation since the Christmas of 95.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

The first PlayStation game I ever played was Jet Moto. I remember playing Command & Conquer: Red Alert with my brother with two box television sets, two PlayStation systems, and a link cable and play for hours during the summer. Like someone previously mentioned, I played the N64 a lot more during the time though. I moved on and bought a PS2, obsessed over SOCOM II and eventually bought a PS3. There, the first game I played for awhile was WarHawk. Now I own a PS4 and my wife and I are considering buying a XBox 1 so I can play the Master Chief collection. I also own a PSP, but I don't play it anymore because my oldest daughter plays it.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

I have had every PlayStation for the same reason, i feel its the best console to my taste, games wise and just in general. Right now i have...

PS1>PS2>PS2 (Chipped)>PS3>PS4

On the side of course PC,N64

Might get wii so i can modded it ;)

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Me. Yup. =P

eBOOM_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 eBOOM_88
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

I've had the PSX, PS2, PSP, PS3 and now I have the PS4. Maybe getting a Vita but the games don't seem too convincing IMO.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Had ? had implies that you no longer have, I HAVE the 4 consoles and add the PSP, I´m not so shure about adding the PS Vita since you can´t downgrade it and play "backups" from the memory stick like the PSP.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

I grew up with Rayman and PS One, had a model of every gaming device from Sony except the vitas.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I have. Still got my ps1(although it doesn't work anymore sadly..), ps2, and still play on my ps3.

I've also got a psp but I'll probably pass on the Vita. The hardware is great but it doesn't have many games that interest me unfortunately.

Currently I'm debating if I should get a ps4 now or keep waiting because there is a Destiny bundly out right now for 400 euro(bundles usually cost 449). But the thing is I'm not sure if I'll enjoy Destiny and there aren't many exclusives out right now that interest me. The multiplats I can just get on pc for less, though I don't have a high end rig right now so they would probably run better on ps4...

Anyway, yeah, been with PS since the first one. Played many great games over the years, good times...

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#42  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

No I personally think the PS3 was amongst one of the worst consoles ever created. There were a handful of reasonably good games on it but even then many of its exclusives were boring as hell and Gran Turismo damn near unplayable on the terrible Dual Shock 3. I mean using X button for acceleration in 2013 is an utter disgrace. Even the FPS conceded that the triggers were so bad they relegated the triggers and used R1 and L1 for shoot instead.

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

I was born right after the original PlayStation released so I grew up playing it with family and then when the PS2 came out, my dad wanted me to have it because it was a system he knew was good quality and he wasn't sure about the original Xbox, of course, I had a Nintendo, also. At this point, I play all of the consoles.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

After the Snes I went to the PS1. I bought every Sony console because of a Tekken game. I don't have a PS4. Can't afford one.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

This really should say how old are you. My 12 year old son looks at the ps2 like it's some ancient dinosaur. I've had all the playstations 1-4 psp and vita.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

"Old" ? I'm 50 years of age, not 50 years old.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

been with PS since PS2, but skipped PS3, but i am getting a PS4.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#48 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Impressive, Coolyfett didnt own the PS1 at all, he wasnt really into gaming during generation 5, he did have a PS2 casually, but the PSP was his first main gaming system after the Sega Genesis.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I own all Playstation systems including PSP & PSV... Now lets just hope Sony keeps supporting properly PS4 & PSV with exclusives whilst improving PSN !!

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#50 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: I own all of them still plus one extra modded ps2. owned PSP but it wasnt really my thing, handhelds in general.

DriveClub 9/10