Which is better; Soul Sacrifice or Toukiden: Age of Demons?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Im looking to pick up a good action-adventure/Hack and Slash/RPG (or whatever genre you want to categorize it into) similar to Monster Hunter. i did a bit of research and the two games that resemble it (at least from the gameplay i saw) was Soul Sacrifice/Soul Sacrifice: Delta and Toukiden: The age of demons.. Now i just wanted to know from your own personal experience from those who played either-or, or both, which one do you recommend?

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

I prefer Toukiden, personally. But you won't be disappointed with either.

Try flipping a coin. Heads = Toukiden. Tails = SS Delta.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

In actuality, what you want is Freedom Wars, which will hopefully be coming to the West soon. In the mean time, I would recommend Soul Sacrifice. Also, it's not quite the same as Monster Hunter, but Dragon's Crown offers some great RPG gameplay for the Vita.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I stopped playing SS after I realized there is a sigil barrier, I wasted hours... I put 200 hours into the game and achieved getting the soul shards? for quickly freezing bosses, my goal was to beat the difficult Griffin/Fire Phoenix combo boss level offline, I had beaten it only twice offline prior and it took insanely stupid time consuming strategies... I thought for certain obtaining the desired upgrades to my arm would make it a piece of cake. NOPE, you can only quickly freeze the Phoenix twice, then it's impossible thereafter etc, so it was a massive wast of time. Unless they've tweaked the game and changed such stupid barriers to your skill usage, I lost interest in the game. I might start playing again to check out the many updated chapters though.