Whats your opinion of Playstation Home??

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

First have to say, never been a fan of facebook, twitter, instagram, although Coolyfett did have a myspace back in 2005-2006. What is everyone opinion of Playstation Home? Is it a feature that you enjoy? Have you meet any people you are friends with now on PSN? So far Coolyfett is checking it out, not sure how the Beta was in 2008, but understand it was nothing how it is now.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Tried it multiple times, but never really did anything for me. I ended up deleting it to make room on my HD

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

It was a waste of time, and still is.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Floppy_Jim hasn't been Home in years.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I did not like Home the few times I've used it. It did seem they impvroved it as time went on, however, I never got anything out of it and felt it was a waste of space.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

pretty good, very good idea. Just took to long and at the same time, as cool as it is............. its kinda pointless.

Yeah there are alot of thing s that are pointless that we do anyways, but HOME when you think about it.... wat is the point? Bunch neat stuff to do and cool community to socialize, but is it needed? No.... There was never a need for such a thing, but it was very intriguing. but people kept asking themselves why do i need this? what are the benitfits? how is this going to improve on my gaming experience? There were no answers to those questions. 

Ever wonder why some social media/websites catch on while other that are perfectly good go unnotice or unwanted for no real reason? HOME is kinad like that. Google Plus thing or Circle (whatever it is), why dont people use it? Simple, none asked for it, people dont need it, how is it benefiting, it might do cool stuff but people are totally fine with out it. So why use it?

The problem with HOME is that its completely separate from everything else on the PS NETWORK. If it was more intertwine it wouldnt have been thrown to a cellar and ignored. BUT if it was intertwined with the PS3 interface, it would of gotten in the way anf people would of complained. "Damn if you do, damn if you dont" was the situation with HOME.

Even tho HOME did everything it promised it would do and it has been well supported, Sony promised way too much way too early. They got people hyped and made people wait too long. Then a beta came out but it was a fraction of what the had promised (cuz it was a beta) and people instantly rejected it for not having what they expected. To make things worst, it took two years to get out of Beta (3 years if you count the close beta before that). If you stuck around for those years in the beta, it was updates after updates after updates after updates..... and slowly getting locations and activities.

If Home would of came out in 2008 the way it officially released in 2010, it would of been a massive hit.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Coolyfett

pretty good, very good idea. Just took to long and at the same time, as cool as it is............. its kinda pointless.

Yeah there are alot of thing s that are pointless that we do anyways, but HOME when you think about it.... wat is the point? Bunch neat stuff to do and cool community to socialize, but is it needed? No.... There was never a need for such a thing, but it was very intriguing. but people kept asking themselves why do i need this? what are the benitfits? how is this going to improve on my gaming experience? There were no answers to those questions. 

Ever wonder why some social media/websites catch on while other that are perfectly good go unnotice or unwanted for no real reason? HOME is kinad like that. Google Plus thing or Circle (whatever it is), why dont people use it? Simple, none asked for it, people dont need it, how is it benefiting, it might do cool stuff but people are totally fine with out it. So why use it?

The problem with HOME is that its completely separate from everything else on the PS NETWORK. If it was more intertwine it wouldnt have been thrown to a cellar and ignored. BUT if it was intertwined with the PS3 interface, it would of gotten in the way anf people would of complained. "Damn if you do, damn if you dont" was the situation with HOME.

Even tho HOME did everything it promised it would do and it has been well supported, Sony promised way too much way too early. They got people hyped and made people wait too long. Then a beta came out but it was a fraction of what the had promised (cuz it was a beta) and people instantly rejected it for not having what they expected. To make things worst, it took two years to get out of Beta (3 years if you count the close beta before that). If you stuck around for those years in the beta, it was updates after updates after updates after updates..... and slowly getting locations and activities.

If Home would of came out in 2008 the way it officially released in 2010, it would of been a massive hit.

Nengo_Flow

Thanks man. That was a pretty good take on it and the concept. Again Coolyfett was not on PS3 in 2008, so not sure about the THENS, only the NOWs of it. Many people are saying its pointless, as almost a rejection of something that is rejecting them. It just seems some gamers have a lot of resentment towards HOME, so was sorta seeking the break down of that. Coolyfett has meet a few gamers on their and discussed games, but its seems not different then a gamespot forum.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

its ok. its not even close to being like second life tho

its more like a virtual chat room with some mini games and some very light elements of the sims online

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
If you want to find a girlfriend, go to Playstation Home. Lot's of gamer girls are there looking to make new friends with their female avatars.
toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Waste of space and time.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Wast of time back in 08 and still a waste of time for me in 2013.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#12 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Never used it because it's never interested me.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

It gave me a good laugh back in the day. Seeing dudes fighting over a girls attention in playstation home is pretty funny.

I haven't went back to it since it first came out, and don't plan on it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Floppy_Jim hasn't been Home in years.Floppy_Jim

its time to start flopping around floppy.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Coolyfett

If you want to find a girlfriend, go to Playstation Home. Lot's of gamer girls are there looking to make new friends with their female avatars.Pvt_r3d
This is the resentment vibe Coolyfett was talking about. Its seems many dont like it because of the female avatars. Even though many of the female avatars on HOME are actually Male gamers. Coolyfett thinks this is the big reason many people hate it. Its one thing to say its crap, but if one looks at the amount of work that was put into it, not sure how they could come to that conclusion without being angry about it or angry about something that happened to them on HOME.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It gave me a good laugh back in the day. Seeing dudes fighting over a girls attention in playstation home is pretty funny.

marcheegsr

I haven't been on it since it came out.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Sucks.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

sukraj

I haven't been on it since it came out.

Yeah, If im on my ps3, I want to be playing a game, not walking around a virtual enviroment waisting my time.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]If you want to find a girlfriend, go to Playstation Home. Lot's of gamer girls are there looking to make new friends with their female avatars.Coolyfett

This is the resentment vibe Coolyfett was talking about. Its seems many dont like it because of the female avatars. Even though many of the female avatars on HOME are actually Male gamers. Coolyfett thinks this is the big reason many people hate it. Its one thing to say its crap, but if one looks at the amount of work that was put into it, not sure how they could come to that conclusion without being angry about it or angry about something that happened to them on HOME.

as a game it is so uninteresting. some bad mini-games, TONS of microtransactions for meaningless cosmetic items. if you are into a secondlife type experience, maybe it could be your kind of thing, but it's basically a bad minigame collection.
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

Coolyfett

Thanks man. That was a pretty good take on it and the concept. Again Coolyfett was not on PS3 in 2008, so not sure about the THENS, only the NOWs of it. Many people are saying its pointless, as almost a rejection of something that is rejecting them. It just seems some gamers have a lot of resentment towards HOME, so was sorta seeking the break down of that. Coolyfett has meet a few gamers on their and discussed games, but its seems not different then a gamespot forum.

Building home as a free roam game would help a lot. In that apsect people are free to do anything like drive cars, get tattoos, play games and sociallize normally. Think GTA on a social level.

After a while it does get boring and it feels pointless. That is coming from a person who socialized well in home.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts

First have to say, never been a fan of facebook, twitter, instagram, although Coolyfett did have a myspace back in 2005-2006. What is everyone opinion of Playstation Home? Is it a feature that you enjoy? Have you meet any people you are friends with now on PSN? So far Coolyfett is checking it out, not sure how the Beta was in 2008, but understand it was nothing how it is now.

Coolyfett
Seeing as you're talking in the third person, I'm not going to tell you.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]If you want to find a girlfriend, go to Playstation Home. Lot's of gamer girls are there looking to make new friends with their female avatars.Coolyfett

dude.... why do you keep referring to yourself in the 3rd person? you sound ridiculous...
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I still haven't even touched it. I usually like to at least try everything out, but I have no curiosity about home whatsoever.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#24 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Floppy_Jim hasn't been Home in years.Floppy_Jim

MarcRecon hasn't been there in awhile either....WAIT A MINUTE...why am I talking in 3rd person?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

MonoSilver

You must be new around these parts. Welcome to Gamespot.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]If you want to find a girlfriend, go to Playstation Home. Lot's of gamer girls are there looking to make new friends with their female avatars.Geminon

dude.... why do you keep referring to yourself in the 3rd person? you sound ridiculous...

• Member since:Nov 18, 2012... Coolyfett can see why this would frustrate you. Focus on the topic though, you wll adjust in time.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="Geminon"] dude.... why do you keep referring to yourself in the 3rd person? you sound ridiculous...Geminon

• Member since:Nov 18, 2012... Coolyfett can see why this would frustrate you. Focus on the topic though, you wll adjust in time.

so you havent even been a member for a year and you are telling me i need to adjust to you like you are some sort of honored, long standing member of the community? get bent you pretentious little twat.

Geminon sir..that is your starting date, but Coolyfett will let the mods deal with the matter. Good day to you sir.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

#29 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

Some people just can't accept the personality quirks of other people, eh, Coolyfett? :P

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

Hahaha xD. I remember when Playstation Home was first announced... and how big of a deal they made it :P. Sadly, for me at least, it didn't really catch on. I tried it a bunch of times, but... I just couldn't get into it. 

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonoSilver

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

Coolyfett

Grow up. Do you talk in the third person in the real world?
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Geminon
[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"] Seeing as you're talking in the third person, I'm not going to tell you. MonoSilver

Grow up. Do you talk in the third person in the real world?

exactly.
som3a1991ps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 som3a1991ps2
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts

I don't own a ps3 sadly so I don't know but personally I like the idea very much but from people feedback It seems like most people found it waste of time

What I hope seeing a new Ps hpme on PS4 completely different may change name also to Ps world... A free roaming place where you meet freinds as if in real life do whatever you want (Like GTAV online) but in addition to cartoony world where you enter the world you want a travel to it by spaceship to visit charcters may help them & do some special missions + creativity in maing your own world instead of bulding a city you build a who;e planet put whatever you want where everyone can visit your world and life also

I recommend media molecue to it very much they are creative in addition to original ps home creator ..... Please Sony bring it to life ;)
As I'm planning on getting PS4 in future

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gelugon_baat

Grow up.MonoSilver

Heh, that's rich, coming from you who have yet to accept others' personality quirks. You too, Geminon - especially you.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Geminon

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Grow up.Gelugon_baat

Heh, that's rich, coming from you who have yet to accept others' personality quirks. You too, Geminon - especially you.

you should talk gelugon....you are about the biggest failure on this site. every time you post on an article there is like a whole page of people telling you to **** off.
Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gelugon_baat

you should talk gelugon....you are about the biggest failure on this site. every time you post on an article there is like a whole page of people telling you to **** off.Geminon

Maybe you have the pretention that the "whole page of people" is mostly you alone.

Also, man, you are one heck of an abuse-spewing machine. Can you even work your job at IT desk support with that kind of attitude?

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Geminon

[QUOTE="Geminon"]you should talk gelugon....you are about the biggest failure on this site. every time you post on an article there is like a whole page of people telling you to **** off.Gelugon_baat

Maybe you have the pretention that the "whole page of people" is mostly you alone.

Also, man, you are one heck of an abuse-spewing machine. Can you even work your job at IT desk support with that kind of attitude?

because my users arent mental like some of you people.
Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gelugon_baat

because my users arent mental like some of you people.Geminon

Then why even come here to GameSpot, when you could be focusing more on your internal customers?

Also, you are one to talk about others being mental when you blow off so much steam at other people. :P

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Geminon

[QUOTE="Geminon"]because my users arent mental like some of you people.Gelugon_baat

Then why even come here to GameSpot, when you could be focusing more on your internal customers?

Also, you are one to talk about others being mental when you blow off so much steam at other people. :P

i dont blow off steam.... i dont let dumbasses get away with being dumbasses. take a lesson.
Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gelugon_baat

i dont let dumbasses get away with being dumbasses. take a lesson.Geminon

Heh - that's a remark that is typically from a narcissist. :roll:

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#41 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Tried it a couple of times years ago.  Probably spent more time waiting for updates to download than I did using it.  Didn't appeal to me at all.  I'm a solitary gamer, I don't have any use for a virtual place to hang out and type partial sentences to strangers using my controller. 

RFmyrddin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 RFmyrddin
Member since 2005 • 107 Posts

Home sucks more than anything that ever sucks before

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
I thought they got rid of it, I only tried it a couple of times and it was terrible.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I never bothered trying it.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
Good Idea of a social space but didn't really click with a lot of the users. one of them was me, I wasn't a fan
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MonoSilver

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Grow up.Gelugon_baat

Talking in the 3rd person is not a quirk. It's a desperate cry for attention and an attempt to seem cool and different. It's just lame.
Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gelugon_baat

Talking in the 3rd person is not a quirk. It's a desperate cry for attention and an attempt to seem cool and different. It's just lame.MonoSilver

Well, that statement of yours would reinforce the impression that you cannot acknowledge other people's personalities. ;)

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Don't go on much anymore, but I had some good times messing around on Home. Met some pretty cool people on there too.

It's not for everyone though.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Coolyfett

SCE is making some money off of HOME, but Coolyfett may have figured out why some gamers hate HOME so much, its the presence of women that bothers most of you guys. One session Coolyfett was in there watching dudes get rejected left and right, left and right and seeing that reminded Coolyfett of this thread and some of the responses. Tons of people are on that thing not only socializing, but actually spending money on virtual products. So lets say that everyone that does enjoy HOME is an idiot the people that hate it so much what makes them better people? People are not being honest here. Gamers Hate HOME because the women on there want give them any attention.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Geminon

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Talking in the 3rd person is not a quirk. It's a desperate cry for attention and an attempt to seem cool and different. It's just lame.Gelugon_baat

Well, that statement of yours would reinforce the impression that you cannot acknowledge other people's personalities. ;)

actually, his statement seems to reinforce that he doesnt put up with people being douchenozzles.... i can support that. especially if it eventually makes you stop talking... forever.