What's the FPS to get this fall? FarCry2 or COD5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

Im debating between COD5 and FarCry2... i played the beta of R2 and its really not my style. Felt like Unreal Tournament with cheap deaths,, i didnt care for the first either.

I have and loved COD4, but the new one just seems like the same game in a new skin,,,, which may not be a bad thing

FarCry2 looks great in all the videos I've seen, and the reviews seem mostly favourable. I only doubt this game because I dont know how active the multiplayer community will be, and I've seen some people on forums bashing the game.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
As I haven't played any of them I would strongly recommend FarCry 2 since it appels to me way more than COD5 does. Before COD4 I hated the series because it's only about WW II like that's all about history. A WW I or a Vietnam COD would be really refreshing but another WW II FPS isn't worth a buy. So that's my opinion :P
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Far Cry 2 by far. Although you know how strong the online community for COD has been >.> Personally i'm getting Far Cry 2.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 signore
I'll be pretty much sold on FarCry2 if it has a strong multiplayer online community... I wish either would have a demo, but they wont.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

I already got Far Cry,, Enjoy it alot. Im really into the muliplayer now, bu the single player is great as well.

COD5,,,, I have watched a ton of Online footage and it basically looks like COD4, but without some cool stuff from COD4 like scopes and red dots, but they do add some stuff as well, Like the Dogs.

but i can see myself getting tired of COD5 fast

cazulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cazulli
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
I would get Far Cry 2 if I were you. I played it before and it is so awesome and realistic. I did not play online, so I don not know how it is tough.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I would get Far Cry 2 if I were you. I played it before and it is so awesome and realistic. I did not play online, so I don not know how it is tough.cazulli
Lols at sig.
gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
i would say cod5. Farcry 2 looks good, but its kind of boring lot of driving around than shooting.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

As I haven't played any of them I would strongly recommend FarCry 2 since it appels to me way more than COD5 does. Before COD4 I hated the series because it's only about WW II like that's all about history. A WW I or a Vietnam COD would be really refreshing but another WW II FPS isn't worth a buy. So that's my opinion :PuRan_Ehr

If you don't mind zombies in your Vietnam shooters, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails may be for you.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts

[QUOTE="uRan_Ehr"]As I haven't played any of them I would strongly recommend FarCry 2 since it appels to me way more than COD5 does. Before COD4 I hated the series because it's only about WW II like that's all about history. A WW I or a Vietnam COD would be really refreshing but another WW II FPS isn't worth a buy. So that's my opinion :PQuebecSuperstar

If you don't mind zombies in your Vietnam shooters, Shellshock 2: Blood Trails may be for you.

That game looks really funny. Might get it if the reviews aren't bad :P

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts
I have Far Cry already, and it's REALLY good. But after watching the Nazi Zombie video, I kinda want CoD 5 too...
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
personally im going for COD5 , even tho it has old weapons i will still buy lol .. might get far cry 2 later after cod5
Hoferman_PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hoferman_PS3
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

I wondered the same thing as you. i looked at plenty of online footage of both games and chose Far Cry 2. For me, COD5 was a hug disappointment as i really enjoyed COD4 with all the modern stuff. I didnt like the WWII setting before and personally i was hoping they would improve on the game engine from COD4 rather than use the same one. COD can only really go down hill in my mind because of these factors.

I have got Far Cry 2 and think it is brilliant. The visual effects are stunning and well worth my money. The gameplay is smooth and very detailed. The online is good too and it still keeps up the good graphics. The visuals, gameplay and variety of weapons and options made it a must have for me. The wide maps and nice blood effects when people get shot means you can have lots of fun and navigate the beautiful landscape for ages.

Hope this helps. I chose Far Cry but its your decision in the end

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts
I've already expressed my extreme dislike for Far Cry 2. The game has a lot of issues, but if you're able to stomach them then it might be somewhat rewarding. I just couldn't take it, though. Here's the thread if you want to read about the issues I experienced, and I've even provided photographic evidence of a very disappointing bug which prevented me from healing a friend (the damn autosave feature made sure of that, made me save before I realized what had happened): Far Cry 2 makes me cry
360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts
neither get Resistance 2.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

neither get Resistance 2.360player_eq12

Good point. R2 > FC2 + COD5

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 signore

[QUOTE="360player_eq12"]neither get Resistance 2.jubino

Good point. R2 > FC2 + COD5

If R2 wasnt exclusive, some of you guys would be singing a different tune. It felt like I was playing a FPS from 5 years ago,, a solid game, but not worth my money.

I think im gonna go with FarCry2

Prisoner1137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Prisoner1137
Member since 2008 • 1213 Posts

Well I bought Far Cry 2 and it's just stunning homie. I highly suggest that, I really haven't tried online mode yet, but was lucky enough to get into that CoD W@W beta and I think you'll have a blast playing that.

If you enjoyed CoD4, then you'll like this one too.