What will be the first GREAT PS3 game?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

petes1316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 petes1316
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It sounds like a stupid question to ask, but what is gonna be the first game to come out for the PS3 that 360 and WII fans will envy us for? Currently COD4 and Assasins Creed are out right now, but they have recieved very similar ratings on each system. No reason at all for anybody to jump on the PS3 bandwagon. The 360 has Mass Effect and Halo 3 as their main selling points right now, and for very good reason. Same with the WII and their Mario Franchise. It's truly a dark time right now, the PS3 is more expensive and it doesn't have MGS4 or FFXIII coming anytime soon. Now please PS3 owner's, tell me i'm overreacting and talk me out of jumping ship.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I traveled back in time about a year ago ........the answer you seek isResistance Fall of Man !

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Resistance, of course then there areHeavenly Sword, Warhawk, Uncharted and Motorstorm. Theyare all great PS3 games. Almost forgot, KILLZONE 2. :D
thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts

i dont giv a damn about halo mario or mass effect

with that said hopefully haze

but more than likely were looking at MGS

ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I gotta agree, the FIRST great PS3 game was Resistance. I personally don't care if wii and 360 users are 'envious' of it or not, it was a great game. And I'm certainly not envious of Halo3 or Mario Galaxy. I haven't really liked a Mario game since they were 2-d. And Halo is overrated.

Anyway, other Great PS3 games have come out since Resistance, including Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, and Folklore. Uncharted and Ratchet look to be great games too, but all I've played of them was the demos. There's also a slew of Great multiplats. Just because other systems have them as well, doesn't make them any less of a great ps3 game.

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Most fanboys aren't envious of their opponent's games. They talk crap on it even though its great.
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

The best PS3 game came out a year before the PS3 - Oblivion. Do you mean PS3 exclusive? You'll have to wait till late 2008, at the earliest.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts
NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA
justifythegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 justifythegame
Member since 2003 • 475 Posts

It sounds like a stupid question to ask, but what is gonna be the first game to come out for the PS3 that 360 and WII fans will envy us for? Currently COD4 and Assasins Creed are out right now, but they have recieved very similar ratings on each system. No reason at all for anybody to jump on the PS3 bandwagon. The 360 has Mass Effect and Halo 3 as their main selling points right now, and for very good reason. Same with the WII and their Mario Franchise. It's truly a dark time right now, the PS3 is more expensive and it doesn't have MGS4 or FFXIII coming anytime soon. Now please PS3 owner's, tell me i'm overreacting and talk me out of jumping ship.petes1316

i can't talk you out of it because what you said is true, fact is ps3 sucks big time right now, whats even worse - early adopters like me got ripped off and its not like there were any good launch games. But at the same time, 360 and Wii games arent a big deal either, mainly because im sick of shooters so i could care less about halo. So if you jump ship, i dont really see a huge difference. Next gen in general sucks and was a huge dissappointment. Even tho im mad ps3 has no games, i would prolly be even more mad if i had a 360, waited 2 years, and still had no games except halo 3. I jumped ship alright, but it was back to my ps2. My ps3 can sit there, catch dust for a year until some games r out. I think the first great NEXT GEN game might be devil may cry 4, the first great ps3 game will prolly be MGS4 or FFXIII, which we probably wont see until christmas 2008. Ah, what a waste of $600.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

What site? Because Gamespot is strict when it comes to all those even remotely non-shooter, right Mass Effect?
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
It is Resistance: Fall of Man
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

What site? Because Gamespot is strict when it comes to all those even remotely non-shooter, right Mass Effect?Symphonycometh

Assassins Creed?

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts

Resistance, then Heavenly Sword and Warhawk and Later MGS4 :)

jaredrichards3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 jaredrichards3
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

resistance poor frame rates hurt it too much, i think msg4 but then again we won't know till it's out, killzone 2 looks promising but it's only 30 fps and 720p so forget that one

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts
Why should I talk you out of a system that YOU are having doubts about? If you think the world spins around you because you have a PS3 and you want others jealous of you then you are a little CHILD.
bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
Id says MGS4.... but i love GOW...so ill say GOW3
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ianuilliam

resistance poor frame rates hurt it too much, i think msg4 but then again we won't know till it's out, killzone 2 looks promising but it's only 30 fps and 720p so forget that one

jaredrichards3

I don't ever remember a single framerate issue with Resistance.

thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts
[QUOTE="jaredrichards3"]

ianuilliam

I don't ever remember a single framerate issue with Resistance.

I have to agree, and if im not mistaken the most popular game(shooter) in the world runs at 30fps and less than 720p

Theres nothing wrong with 30fps and 720p, if the game is good.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Uncharted

bobbyD213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bobbyD213
Member since 2006 • 711 Posts
Probably Little Big Planet.
petes1316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 petes1316
Great answers, I like Resistance and Heavenly Sword. But they didn't make me buy a PS3. I love the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear games and I gotta admit i'm a bit of Playstation fanboy. But all of these games that come out on PS3 and 360 at the same time, or even later on the PS3 are all the same, from what I hear anyways. Warhawk has interested me, but obviously not enough to get it. Eventually the PS3 will surpass the 360 in quality (hopefully). What i'm trying to say is, when is that breathtaking game gonna come along? I'm pretty sure a lot of you are waiting for it, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet, those are all games to hold over until that GREAT game comes. Call me picky, but i'm tired of waiting. As for being childish, I can argue that anyone who pays 600 bucks for a system has a little bit of a childish mentality in them :P
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ianuilliam

Great answers, I like Resistance and Heavenly Sword. But they didn't make me buy a PS3. I love the Final Fantasy and Metal Gear games and I gotta admit i'm a bit of Playstation fanboy. But all of these games that come out on PS3 and 360 at the same time, or even later on the PS3 are all the same, from what I hear anyways. Warhawk has interested me, but obviously not enough to get it. Eventually the PS3 will surpass the 360 in quality (hopefully). What i'm trying to say is, when is that breathtaking game gonna come along? I'm pretty sure a lot of you are waiting for it, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Ratchet, those are all games to hold over until that GREAT game comes. Call me picky, but i'm tired of waiting. As for being childish, I can argue that anyone who pays 600 bucks for a system has a little bit of a childish mentality in them :Ppetes1316

No offense, but it sounds like you are always gonna be waiting for something and never be satisfied. When I bought my PS3, I expected a machine that surpassed it's predecessor. And it has in so many ways. Aside from the amazing graphical difference between ps2 and ps3 (and that was just using an sdtv, it became even better once I got an HD set), games are just so much... MORE.

Resistance: ok, maybe they could've made this game on a last-gen system (with much worse graphics), but 40 player online multiplayer with no lag?

Heavenly Sword: the way they captured the actors expressions and rendered them with such detail was amazing. Oh, and did you actually pay attention to the number of independent, active enemies were on screen at one time? Play the cannon levels again, or the last level, leading up to the Bohan fight. There are thousands of enemies. On previous systems, the framerate drops to nothing, or enemies pop in and out after a few dozen on screen.

Warhawk: You haven't gotten it, I'm sorry. It's probably the best online multiplayer game I've played.

Ratchet: Don't have it, but from what I've seen, the in-game rendering looks as good as a pre-rendered cgi pixar movie.

Now I, for one, think the ps3 is much better than the 360, but not because the games are necesarily going to be mind-blowingly better. I expect multi-plats to look and play about the same on both systems, maybe one is better on one, and another is better on the other. And exclusives will always be about preference. I thought Resistance was much cooler than Halo, just like back in the day, I liked Mario more than Sonic. The end result is the ps3 and the 360 do things differently, but ultimately can achieve similar results. If you are waiting for some game to come out that's gonna make 360 games look like GameCube games... I hate to break it to you, it isn't going to happen. And you're missing out on a lot of truely GREAT games in the meantime.

What makes the ps3, in my oppinion, better, and made it worth the 600 dollars I paid for it, is the fact that I consider the 360's fail rate to be inexscusable I refuse to buy a system, having seen so many friends of mine have to send them in to get fixed. And also, in order to get a 360 with all the features my ps3 has, it would have cost more than 600. I would have had to get a 360 elite for about 400 (because 20gb is not enough, and at the time, only th elite had hdmi) then buy the hd-dvd add-on for 170 (and I still would have lost out, because blu-ray is doing better), then buy a wi-fi adaptor for another 100 or so. And then pay annually to play online. Assuming I keep the system for 5-10 years, that's 250-500 more. By comparison, for what you get, the ps3 was a deal at 600.

fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts
Gran Turismo 5 should make or break the PS3, im tempted to get one for warhawk and Motorstorm still. Im playing PC games atm but do want a new console.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
The first great PS3 game was Resistance
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts
MGS4 will combine graphics and story to make the firstMUST HAVEPS3 game. Uncharted is great, and currently stands as the best game for the system in my eyes.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

It was Resistance... :?

But if you mean the first "Super Duper OMG" PS3 game, I'd say MGS4. :D

Stormriderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Stormriderx
Out of all the games released so far I'd have to say Warhawk - great fun.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Um resistance.........just b/c it didnt score a 9+ here doesn't mean it was a bad game. 40x MP was good.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

NINJA GAIDEN SIGMAJamie_1987

You can'y be serious? That game sucked.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Uncharted is already great.

MGS4 and KZ2 will probably rule hard.

Brazil_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Brazil_Surfer
Member since 2004 • 707 Posts
r:fom sucked (generic **** uncharted and ratched had more potential as system sellers
Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
Resistance, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank are all HUGE. just cuz gamespot gave them low scores doesn't mean they aren't awesome. check out ign.com for real reviews of these games
GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
To me, Call of duty 4, its breathjed new life into my PS3 and it got me glued back to it and I'll stay glued for a long time.
guyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 guyhunter
Member since 2004 • 3691 Posts
Weird I've played many great games on my PS3 already. Resistance, MotorStorm, The Darkness, Oblivion, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank, Dirt, Folklore, Call of Duty 4, I could go on but what's the point.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 DuhQbnSiLo
Member since 2007 • 622 Posts

Motostorm... why? you ask?... ill tell yah

Solid racing game, neck to neck racing was beautiful and crashes are epic, well balanced vehicles and good online play. Most people look at it just like a rally game, but its not no game has but together ATVs, MCs, Rally cars and Trucks and big rigs and mud pluggers so well!

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
for me it was r&c, ive followed that franchise for years and it still hasnt hit me as to how immense that game is
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

MGS4

Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Raider762
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts
GOD OF WAR III!!! you are Kratos, again, and you slay all of the gods on Olympus with the Titans at your side.
Raider762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Raider762
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts
I almost forgot, Star Wars The Force Unleashed will be another great PS3 game, it is due out at about May 2008, maybe earlier or later I don't know.
ketchupclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 ketchupclaw
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
I really do think we've seen some stellar games come out exclusively for the ps3. If I had to choose one, I'd say Uncharted, just because it's an experience you can't come CLOSE to on any other system.
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Uncharted. I concur.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

The first great PS3 game was Resistance, I guess Warhawk, Darkness, Rachet, Uncharted, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, etc.. means nothing..

We have different principles and desires mate, PlayStation 3 never needed to prove itself. The current console and games are based on enjoyable years since 1995.

You have much to learn young padawan ^_^

PS3 doesn't need to justify itself.

djHaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 djHaQ
Member since 2005 • 1872 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Devil May Cry 4.

You could say Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I wasn't happy with the demo although it did look very very nice.

strikepheonix5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 strikepheonix5
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
1st great ps3 game is resistance: fall of man clearly
Avatar image for Shirokishi_PS3_
Shirokishi_PS3_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shirokishi_PS3_
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I think...

1-Ninja Gaiden Sigma

and

Enchanted Arms

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Metal Gear 4
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
fantasy world dizzy for the comodor 64!!!
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#48 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

I think...

1-Ninja Gaiden Sigma

and

Enchanted Arms

Shirokishi_PS3_

:lol:

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

jaredrichards3

were you playing the same game as me? Pretty sure you weren't ..

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
PS3 has great games just cuz GS doesn't rate them properly doesn't mean it doesn't have a good game.