What is your biggest reason for choosing the PS4?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
For me, I was really hoping online would still be free. But oh well. The biggest reasons for me now are mainly the Exclusives. MLB The Show, specifically. I play a lot of sports games but MLB 2k is horrible. MLB The Show is a great game. Other than Sports games I really only play multi-plat games. I used to love Gears of War but it got played out and new ones aren't as good as the first. So PS4 seems the way to go. for me. Also, the PS store is a big draw for me too. I like being able to buy the PS1 games that I would like to play. Compared to the awful "Arcade" games sold elsewhere.. I'm hoping they keep the PS store the same, as I'm sure they will. So what's your biggest reason?
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I hate to say it, but brand loyalty. I mean, being a fan of PlayStation, it only makes sense.

The reasonable price was just a bonus.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Exclusives.

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

Exclusives are a big part of it but what it comes down to is customer trust and loyalty. I can hardly say Sony has never let me down and they have made mistakes but overall I think they know what gamers want and what I want. If Sony came out and set a $500 price point and said you could not play used games I don't know which way I would have swung but my years of buying Sony products and getting a good service counts for something.  

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Exclusives and the controller.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#6 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

The publisher still may implement DRM, but I respect Sony more for not forcing it for all. One of my biggest reasons for PS3 was free online. As for Playstation altogether, including PS4, my biggest reason is I love the exclusive games.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Well I buy all systems so I don't miss out on any gaming experiences, so it was a given that I would buy PS4.

Now, I will say that, for me, Sony creates the games that I most like to play.  PlayStation is home to the majority of exclusive titles that excite me, so I know when I buy a PlayStation I will be rewarded with the most awesome of games and that's why I get most excited about PlayStation consoles.

Day one buy for me, hopefully at a midnight launch event.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

the biggest reason is probably how sony views games. now don't confuse my point for saying that either sony or microsoft want anything but more money, but sony at least recognizes that i want to be excited by gaming in order to spend money on it. it's not enough merely to push what has sold a lot before like halo or killzone. i may not like every end result, but sony will push that team ico project, that quantic dream game, or something from a smaller developer like thatgamecompany. they also seem to be doing more to get the smaller developers making games on sony hardware. these are good moves to me because they bring exciting games. yeah, sometimes i want that big shooter too, and it will be there, but there needs to be more options.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
I already have Win7 on my PC.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I guess I'd say exclusives. inFamous Second Son is one of my most anticipated games right now, The Order: 1886 looks really intriguing, and Killzone looks good too. Then there's exclusive content for Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV. Sony has some of my favorite exclusive franchises too so there's sure to be exclusives in the future that interest me too.
CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#11 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I hate to say it, but brand loyalty. I mean, being a fan of PlayStation, it only makes sense.

Trail_Mix
arsenalherd666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 arsenalherd666
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
infamous is the main reason so far, shame not till next year
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

im paying 400$ just for : gran turismo - god of war - nuaghty dog

i payed 600$ for the ps3 just for : god of war 3 and MGS4 gran turismo 5

so its for sure the exclusives that makes me buy a playstation or i wouldn't even think of playing on any console coz PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> consoles

xlnbxliquidzr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xlnbxliquidzr0
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
wanted something new. im a one console kind of guy so after sticking with 360 last gen, i think its about time i came back to sony. PS2 was awesome and i think PS4 will be better. plus i thought Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a PS exclusive, which is not the case but whatever
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

the biggest reason is probably how sony views games. now don't confuse my point for saying that either sony or microsoft want anything but more money, but sony at least recognizes that i want to be excited by gaming in order to spend money on it. it's not enough merely to push what has sold a lot before like halo or killzone. i may not like every end result, but sony will push that team ico project, that quantic dream game, or something from a smaller developer like thatgamecompany. they also seem to be doing more to get the smaller developers making games on sony hardware. these are good moves to me because they bring exciting games. yeah, sometimes i want that big shooter too, and it will be there, but there needs to be more options.

LoG-Sacrament

Ditto.

To piggyback further; I'm going with Sony again due to consistency in support. Even when launching new hardware they will support older hardware through deals and exclusive content. For a third consecutive generation they are launching a new console while simultaneously working with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party companies for content for their current console. No one else does that as well or consistently. Yes, they are a business looking to profit, but behind that business, it seems there are some people that want to please their fans.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

pretty much everything listed and for Sony bringing in a ton of new and appealing software for the years to come.

bigt503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bigt503
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

The way xbox treats its costomers. I owned the ps1 and ps2. got a 360 because it came out first. But the ps3 had so many things that xbox charged more for. they charged 100 bucks for a wireless adaptor, like 25 for rechargable battery packs for the controllers. then i also got the rrod 3 times and a power cord that broke, a new one was 40 bucks! for a cord! Went running back to ps3, never had a single problem. Will never buy a microsoft prodict again.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I don't understand how many people not only are looking forward to Second Son, but don't think it looks terribad. They gave an emo kid Prototype powers and ruined the Infamous franchise. Basically every other PS4 exclusive looks better than it except for Drive Club.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

1. The exclusives

2. I won't ever buy a MS console after seeing what they think of the gamers that buy their crap

3. The price

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I had a great time with PS3 and Sony really went all out supporting the console with some class exclusive games. PS4 will be even better.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
Specs
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

My gf, and I, both have gaming rigs.

However, we plan on getting a PS4, and a WiiU. 

Plan on getting the WiiU this year, and the PS4 next year. 

This way I feel we will have the grand majority of the gaming spectrum covered. They all accent one another nicely, and there isn't a ton of redundancy.

A reason for this is the exclusives for PS are greater than that of the xbone. (as far as my interests are concerned) Although I am a fan of Halo, I haven't played much after 3, because it started to go downhill after 2. (and repeating 360 hardware failure)

The ps4 has more local power, and its cheaper. It doesn't force a camera, and mics on you.

The direction MS was going this gen isn't something I want to support in a nation that outlaws nature, and in a world that values $$ over anything else. Also the fact that they (MS) did a 180, (with the online connectivity, basically always online) on a core design of the system right before release is also cutting its full potential if ever so slightly.  (It is not the right time for their direction, and not in this society with its current values system)

The only thing I will miss about the xbox other than halo is the controller, however I see that the PS4 controller has improved in areas that I had grievances with.  Such as the triggers, and the sticks.  The feel of the sticks, height, and the texture/design of the top of them. It also seems a little larger than the ps3 controller. 

There are many reasons why I went ps4 over xbone this time. So I will just choose other.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Trail_Mix
Yeah same. I've always been abit of a PS fan. But it made it an easier decision that PS4 looks like the better console anyway.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I dont really know. I perfer the 360 to the PS3 anyday. Everyone seems so anti xbox its hard to say I not sure which one I want still.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#26 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
games, exclusives, indie, price, controller, hardware, software and just the whole package
CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

no bs camera, focused on games, better specs, good price

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#28 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Trail_Mix

For Coolyfett its these such reasons to eventually upgrade to the PS4 when the PS3 finally dies off in 4 years. PS1 was a great system, PS2 was a great system, PSP was a great hand held, PS3 is a really great gaming box, Coolyfett is over the age of 30, Coolyfett likes worldwide systems, not just systems that are big in the United States. Coolyfett also likes the exclusives on Playstation even though he has not played them all. Coolyfett is not a fan of gamers who call gamers who only own ONE System Fanboys. To Coolyfett those guys are suckers and fence riders. Every type of game is available on every system. No reason to have all 3.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Probably brand trust. I've had good experiences with Sony gaming products in the past. The majority of what I play is multiplatform but the couple exclusives that I do play I tend to prefer Sony's flavor better (ex GT vs Forza). Just my preference. I always preferred the Dualshock too but I think that's just because it's what I'm used to.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#30 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Really just the fact that I've spent so much of this generation on the PS3. It just seemed logical to me to continue on with the PS4. Of course the fact that there's no restrictions (kind of irrelevant now since MS backed off), and the price is what it is solidifies my decision. I'm not overwhelmed with the exclusives at this moment. I'm glad to see some continuations of franchises like Killzone and Infamous, but nothing new has really wowed me thus far. I'm sure that will change, and I have no problem with multiplats.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#31 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
My PSN friends list and clan.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

#1 reason for me is the exclusives. Sony's got a large set of studios that make games for it's platforms and i can trust in them changing it up once in a while rather then rely on 1-4 franchises to prop up their platform. Might not have a mega-icon seller like Microsoft (Halo/Gears) or Nintendo (Mario/Zelda) has. but i think it's richer. 

#2 I am already very heavily invested into Sony's ecosystem. I got 20 games on my Vita, well over 160 games on the PS3. I KNOW i'll get most of my bang for my buck with the PS4. Sony's done nothing to make me think they're gonna do anything different with PS3. 

you got cheaper price.

Gaikai serivce i'm very curious about. 

Developer friendly architecture (hopefully minimal BS about severly poorly optimized games - looking at Bethesda)

Social aspects of it.

Really it's a game box, that's what i wanted. 

It really wasn't that hard of a choice, i had leaning PS4 before the first reveal, then cemented more at the first reveal, more at the first Xbox One reveal, then 100% sure after E3. I expect to hear more good news at Gamescom, and TGS. 

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Exclusives.  For my taste in gaming, there's absolutely no comparison there.  If I'd bought a 360 I'd feel like I was missing out on half the games I wanted to play this gen.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Not so much about brand loyalty, but because I enjoyed the PS3 so much. Before that it was XBOX and GC.

PS3 has provided me more than enough value and fun in one package. I could see the same happening to PS4.

I like the diversity, exclusives, and strong developer support. And Sony's devotion to the core gaming demographic.

DenzelFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DenzelFreeman
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts
Better exclusives. Microsofts exclusives have so plot where as Sony puts out really appealing story based games
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#37 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

The main reason is the exclusives.  I think Sony makes the kinds of games I enjoy.  They have a variety of different kinds of games, appealing to all kinds of gamers, and they have a good mix of staple and new IPs.

I think Sony has made mistakes, and I can see where they could easily screw things up in the future.  They send mixed messages sometimes, their slogans and promotional content aren't always smart, and they certainly have a history of issues with hardware releases and revisions.  But overall I feel that they are the best console maker for me at this point.

The last two console gens, I wound up with a Sony console by the end.  I think it shows that they make the kinds of games that appeal to me.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#38 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
They added features that the 360 had and the PS3 lacked, PS+ is cheaper and gives you more (and will also give my content for my Vita), support of indie developers, cheaper price, not embarrassing themselves like MS did
Supes_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Supes_24
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts
Exclusives and PSN+ is the best value in gaming period. I have a PS3 and a 360 but as of late I've been on the PS3 a lot more and I'm enjoying it more than my 360. Also it doesn't hurt that Sony makes great products and electronics and they're aiming at gamers and seem to care about gamers more than MS does.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Coolyfett

Exclusives and PSN+ is the best value in gaming period. I have a PS3 and a 360 but as of late I've been on the PS3 a lot more and I'm enjoying it more than my 360. Also it doesn't hurt that Sony makes great products and electronics and they're aiming at gamers and seem to care about gamers more than MS does. Supes_24
Hasnt the PS3 finally out sold the Xbox 360 buy now? Seem the PS3 still has way more games coming out for it. Add Coolyfett on PSN. He likes things.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Couple of factors, the variety of different game genres (loved Heavy Rain and Journey as an example), the exclusives I enjoyed since the original PlayStation console, the price is good, PS+ is a excellent value for myself who only purchases couple games in the year (mostly RPG's and Platformers) and to some degree the brand loyalty.

For over 15 years I enjoyed many games and I have no reason to doubt that PS4 will deliver the same quality and variety, not to mention I'm a huge movie fan. Blu-ray has been one of the major factor in my PS3 purchase. ;)

Mehfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#42 Mehfuz
Member since 2005 • 10290 Posts

Price and being an owner of PS3

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Coolyfett

PSN friends

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
the reason i buy ps4 its the price and the exlusive games and specs
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Exclusives

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

3rd party support on a system that's easy to develop for.

mysteriousFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mysteriousFace
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
1. Loyalty, I've been mainly a Sony gamer, with a bit of Nintendo. 2. Exclusives. If I wanted FPS and Sports games, I would've gone with the 360/One. 3. Price.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#48 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Biggest: A baker's dozen years reliable hardware.

2nd: Exclusives. Bought PS3 just for MGS4, GT and HD collections. Should see some wonderful titles in the future. After all. the devs got the upgrades they asked for with the hardware. They promised us more creative games when they spoke about the restrictions this gen had.

3rd: DS4. The increase in size and changes to the sticks are just what I've been yearning for for years. Hope my grips fit on there, if I need to use them.

4th: Price. I paid $349 a few years back for my Trey, more than willing to invest that price again in a few years time when I'm ready for the Quad.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Exclusives