What are your opinions On Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 Tomrock101
Member since 2008 • 858 Posts

I think its overhyped. Its nothing really special. It looks like an average 2009 First person shooter.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

It looks great. Not sure how much better it could be than CoD 4, but I'm willing to see.

Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tomrock101

I think it will be on the lines of COD 4 though, Its no point buying an extention.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 supa_badman

People say that just for the online, and you're probably right, I know exactly what to expect with the MW2 online.

But the story which is horrifically underrated is whats got me really interested.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
overhyped? yup thats the best way i choose to describe it. it really is nothing special or unique. Uncharted 2 pretty much stole all the hype from this game for me.
Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tomrock101

Haha. I think both were overhyped.

HeyMaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 HeyMaa
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Do you really think Uncharted 2 was over hyped? I mean, outside of E3, I heard very little on this game prior to its release. Afterwards, the only real hype was that reviewers loved it. I thought it was great. Mechanics aren't the best, but its one of the most entertaining games I've ever played.

COLB3CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 COLB3CK
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

Well i loved call of duty 4 modern warfare. So i hope this game will be just as good, many people say that it will BE better than cod 4. But after watching all the videos on MW2 i dont know if it will live up to what cod 4 gave to us.

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

I think its overhyped. Its nothing really special. It looks like an average 2009 First person shooter.

Tomrock101
Agreed. Doesnt mean it's a bad game, but still overrated.
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

overhyped? yup thats the best way i choose to describe it. it really is nothing special or unique. Uncharted 2 pretty much stole all the hype from this game for me. reaver-x
not saying uncharted isnt a great game bc it is. one of the most satisfying single player experiences ive ever had, but its not really unique either.

and im so tired of hearing about how its just an expansion to cod4. its a sequel. every sequel is very very similar to the game before it. if it was totally different, then it wouldnt be a sequel. that argument to me is dumb and used way too frequently. and seriously, how many of these topics do we need?

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

GOTY

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

People WILL buy it because people pray to Infinity Ward.

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts
I don't really care about this game... it is mainly for a bunch of 13 year olds...
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sloan360

I don't really care about this game... it is mainly for a bunch of 13 year olds... CyleM

Halo?

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts

[QUOTE="CyleM"]I don't really care about this game... it is mainly for a bunch of 13 year olds... Sloan360

Halo?

heck no I hate that game too...
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Bad Company 2 will be better in every way.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

I think it will be on the lines of COD 4 though, Its no point buying an extention.

Tomrock101
DLC map packs are "extentions" to games, this a direct sequel to COD4... which has an awsome single player experience. If it's as good as COD4 was then most people will be satisfied. The online has a ton of new features that COD4 doesn't so that's got many people excited. It's been two years since COD4 was released, and since MW2 is the sequel it's going to receive a ton of attention from both media and consumer. I don't think there's anything wrong with people getting hyped up for a new game. The first one was awesome, a ton of people still play it online... so, naturally they can't wait to dive into this one. I also understand the hatred many have for Activision... I don't really get it though. What did they do that was so bad? Maybe I've missed something. You have Killzone in your sig and as your avatar, and you think MW2 is overhyped!?!?! I like KZ2, it's a great game, but it was probably the most hyped game ever.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

It definitely looks good and fun but Battelfield: Bad Company 2 will stomp on it with ****-shoiled boots. In my opinion, nothing beats a Battlefield game and Bad Company 2 just reeks of awesomenes.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sloan360

It definitely looks good and fun but Battelfield: Bad Company 2 will stomp on it with ****-shoiled boots. In my opinion, nothing beats a Battlefield game and Bad Company 2 just reeks of awesomenes.

QuebecSuperstar

good thing that's an opinion or that would just be wrong. sure destruction is cool but that's all it has going for it.

QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 QuebecSuperstar

[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

Sloan360

good thing that's an opinion or that would just be wrong. sure destruction is cool but that's all it has going for it.

What does Modern Warfare 2 have going for it?

And by the way, I couldn't disagree more with. Just saying. ;)

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

QuebecSuperstar

What does Modern Warfare have going for it?

14 million people will be going for it by the end of year 2009. It speaks for itself.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 supa_badman
You have Killzone in your sig and as your avatar, and you think MW2 is overhyped!?!?! I like KZ2, it's a great game, but it was probably the most hyped game ever.jshaas
The delicious irony eh?
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QuebecSuperstar

14 million people will be going for it by the end of year 2009. It speaks for itself.

Sloan360

Celine Dion has sold over 200 millions albums. Does that make her a great artist?

You're not going to convince me with sales number. They mean nothing about a product's quality. They're merely an indicator of how successful a marketing campaign was.

Now tell me, what does Modern Warfare 2 have going for it?

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I think the game will be great, I just don't want it right away.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

What does Modern Warfare have going for it?

It is called an opinion. I want Bad Company 2 over MW2 aswell. Both shooters will be great it just comes down to prefrence.
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
I want it alot, IMO it is the best fps to play online iwth friends:)
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

QuebecSuperstar

Celine Dion has sold over 200 millions albums. Does that make her a great artist?

You're not going to convince me with sales number. They mean nothing about a product's quality. They're merely an indicator of how successful a marketing campaign was.

I'll let you know in 2 weeks after I've actually played it. What do I expect it to have? I expect it to have the same up-tempo, hectic gameplay that COD4 had. I expect it to have a storyline as gripping as COD4s was for me. I expect it have to fun, fast-paced multiplayer matches. I expect it to have entertaining co-op Spec Ops missions that I can play split screen with my buddy. For tactical slower paced gameplay, I have SOCOM and Operation Flashpoint. You've made it obvious that you're not interested because Battlefield is your shooter. That's great. I hope they continue to put out games that you love. I tried Battlefield and it wasn't for me.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 supa_badman

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Things are popular for a reason, because they're good. (albeit, some stupid things like Uggs, but you get the point.) MW2 has a great customizable play plan for multiplayer.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

GOTY

Sloan360

NIce, very nice.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

QuebecSuperstar

Yes it makes her a good artist to those that like her, i hate her, but still to sell that many people out there do like her.

Ok lets rip BC a new one then. If you say sales is about quality then by your definition MW is better then BC because it sold less then MW. Marketing really has nothing to do with it. For this i use Demon's Souls. It has no commercials, but still people love that game and rushed to buy it.

And there is nothing i can say to convince you that the features it has are good. The features it offers are upgrades. The upgrades are to make the already stellar game just even more incredible. The features are to improve gunplay. Amp up the multiplayer. And to make the weapon and class making system larger and better.

QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 QuebecSuperstar

I'll let you know in 2 weeks after I've actually played it. What do I expect it to have? I expect it to have the same up-tempo, hectic gameplay that COD4 had. I expect it to have a storyline as gripping as COD4s was for me. I expect it have to fun, fast-paced multiplayer matches. I expect it to have entertaining co-op Spec Ops missions that I can play split screen with my buddy. For tactical slower paced gameplay, I have SOCOM and Operation Flashpoint. You've made it obvious that you're not interested because Battlefield is your shooter. That's great. I hope they continue to put out games that you love. I tried Battlefield and it wasn't for me. The_Rick_14

I am interested in Modern Warfare 2 (like I stipulated in my first post). And I'm definitely not trying to to force my opinions down anybody's throat. I was just curious as to how he could say that Bad Company 2 has nothing going for it except building destruction when 1) it's definitely got more than that and 2) Modern Warfare 2 seems just a notch above generic in my eyes.

But like I always say, different gamers, different tastes. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I'm just curious as to why.

groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 groundgamer
Member since 2009 • 2122 Posts
It will be stunning, end of.
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
No ones said no ot no way so far, which speaks volumes about the game.
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuebecSuperstar

Yes it makes her a good artist to those that like her, i hate her, but still to sell that many people out there do like her.

Ok lets rip BC a new one then. If you say sales is about quality then by your definition MW is better then BC because it sold less then MW.Marketing really has nothing to do with it. For this i use Demon's Souls. It has no commercials, but still people love that game and rushed to buy it.

And there is nothing i can say to convince you that the features it has are good. The features it offers are upgrades. The upgrades are to make the already stellar game just even more incredible. The features are to improve gunplay. Amp up the multiplayer. And to make the weapon and ****aking system larger and better.

Sloan360

No. To those who like her, she's not a good artist because she sold 200 millions albums. She sold 200 millions albums because she's a good artist. Sales numbers can't be counted as an artist's/product's feature.

YOU are the one saying sales are about quality. My whole point is that it's not.

Then what do you make out of Valkyria Chronicles? The game had recieved great reviews but still, nobody had bought it. Months later, gaming medias started talking about it and put ads on their respective sites and then the gaming community suddenly woke up and rushed to get the game. Marketing is not only about ads on the TV.

You don't have to convince me of anything. I AM interested in Modern Warfare 2. All I wanted was you to tell me what made you excited about it.

True, despite what you've enumerated, I still think that Bad Company 2 is a far more superior game but I'm not judging you or anybody else in any way. Gamespot is big enough for diverging opinions.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm not interested in it at all.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Ok lets rip BC a new one then. If you say sales is about quality then by your definition MW is better then BC because it sold less then MW.Marketing really has nothing to do with it. For this i use Demon's Souls. It has no commercials, but still people love that game and rushed to buy it.

And there is nothing i can say to convince you that the features it has are good. The features it offers are upgrades. The upgrades are to make the already stellar game just even more incredible. The features are to improve gunplay. Amp up the multiplayer. And to make the weapon and ****aking system larger and better.

QuebecSuperstar

No. To those who like her, she's not a good artist because she sold 200 millions albums. She sold 200 millions albums because she's a good artist. Sales numbers can't be counted as an artist's/product's feature.

YOU are the one saying sales are about quality. My whole point is that it's not.

Then what do you make out of Valkyria Chronicles? The game had recieved great reviews but still, nobody had bought it. Months later, gaming medias started talking about it and put ads on their respective sites and then the gaming community suddenly woke up and rushed to get the game. Marketing is not only about ads on the TV.

You don't have to convince me of anything. I AM interested in Modern Warfare 2. All I wanted was you to tell me what made you excited about it.

True, despite what you've enumerated, I still think that Bad Company 2 is a far more superior game but I'm not judging you or anybody else in any way. Gamespot is big enough for diverging opinions.

was all of that really needed with color?

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

QuebecSuperstar

Running in circles and tossing grenades half way around the world :lol:.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Rockman999

Running in circles and tossing grenades half way around the world :lol:.

Hey hey hey. We will be tossing knives half way around the world now....much cooler.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

It may be hyped up a whole lot, but it is still going to be an amazing game.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Sloan360

It sure made the post a lot easier to read.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Zidaneski

hoping that's sarcasm. cause if you need a color assigned to something to figure out this answer is to this question.....no i don't want to insult you and start something.

QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 QuebecSuperstar

Sloan360

I used colors to highlight different points. See, the green highlight in your post matches my green answer and so on.

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

QuebecSuperstar

I used colors to highlight different points. See, the green highlight in your post matches my green answer and so on.

That's why i asked because i didn't need colors to tell me.

QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 QuebecSuperstar

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

QuebecSuperstar

hoping that's sarcasm. cause if you need a color assigned to something to figure out this answer is to this question.....no i don't want to insult you and start something.

Sloan360

Dude, I only wanted to make it all more concise. That's all.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zidaneski

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Sloan360

Why would it be sarcasm? Do you have a bad history of people highlighting things?

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sloan360

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

Zidaneski

Why would it be sarcasm? Do you have a bad history of people highlighting things?

Yeah i needed rehab for 2 years after my last highlighting incident.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zidaneski

[QUOTE="Zidaneski"]

[QUOTE="Sloan360"]

Sloan360

Yeah i needed rehab for 2 years after my last highlighting incident.

Ahhh, now everything makes sense. I'll avoid highlighting around you from now on.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]I'll let you know in 2 weeks after I've actually played it. What do I expect it to have? I expect it to have the same up-tempo, hectic gameplay that COD4 had. I expect it to have a storyline as gripping as COD4s was for me. I expect it have to fun, fast-paced multiplayer matches. I expect it to have entertaining co-op Spec Ops missions that I can play split screen with my buddy. For tactical slower paced gameplay, I have SOCOM and Operation Flashpoint. You've made it obvious that you're not interested because Battlefield is your shooter. That's great. I hope they continue to put out games that you love. I tried Battlefield and it wasn't for me. QuebecSuperstar

I am interested in Modern Warfare 2 (like I stipulated in my first post). And I'm definitely not trying to to force my opinions down anybody's throat. I was just curious as to how he could say that Bad Company 2 has nothing going for it except building destruction when 1) it's definitely got more than that and 2) Modern Warfare 2 seems just a notch above generic in my eyes.

But like I always say, different gamers, different tastes. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I'm just curious as to why.

My bad. I was guilty of only reading the post that I replied to and took your last line in it a bit out of context.
ASLplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ASLplease
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

Overhyped. BFBC2 is way better than MW2.

I'm still getting MW2 though for $49.99. Gonna resell it later one in March for BFBC2 :]. People mostly play MW2 just for online.

1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

My opinion is that it's going to rock my socks! Can't wait to play.