what annoys you about MW2 ?

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#51 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
MW2 is proof that by trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing very few. Its as if it has taken the approach of making the player do the least possible to reap the most rewards. Need kills? Perks and weapons practially do the job for you with little to no skill needed. Not getting kills but need kills? No problem, killstreaks and deathstreaks can pick up the slack. The only thing that was done really well with MW2, was selling a game soley on its reputation.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
The community that fails to see it's flaws and doesn't have clue what lag, matchmaking and balance actually means.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
MW2 is proof that by trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing very few. Its as if it has taken the approach of making the player do the least possible to reap the most rewards. Need kills? Perks and weapons practially do the job for you with little to no skill needed. Not getting kills but need kills? No problem, killstreaks and deathstreaks can pick up the slack. The only thing that was done really well with MW2, was selling a game soley on its reputation.Ninja_Zombie83
That's probably the most intelligent, insightful and truthful thing I've ever heard about Modern Warfare 2. It's like Modern Warfare 2 is the Spider-Man 3 of the COD series, too much **** going on and it tries to please everyone thus losing focus.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

noob tubers, care package knife and crappy hit dectection.

_Ben99_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 _Ben99_
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

noob tubers, care package knife and crappy hit dectection.

1bigsmoke55
what's a noobtuber?
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
Worst spawn points ever. Keir21
agreed... i hate watchin the killcam and seeing him get killed and spawn behind me....
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

That the online isn't as good as CoD4... man I wish it wasn't stuck in my old PS3, lol.

Scianix-Black
Yeaaaa okkk, i doubt you would play cod4 as much as you do MW2 now..... What annoys me the most Is when people moan and cry about how horrible the game is but yet they keep on playing it, thus to continue theyre whining, But what i dont like about the game, game wise is AUTO AIM - Takes No SKill What so ever Knifing- Way Too Easy To Do, I swear Ill press R3 first and i still get stabbed so yea...
Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts

Just about everything actually. The respawns are terrible (even worse than CoD4) for the most part. Oh yeah, and no party chat on most of the good playlists. I think it's a pretty poor multiplayer experience. The only thing I like about it is the 3rd person mode.

yokofox33
the party chat was to stop people giving away teammates positions to the other team... and yes it did happen in cod4...
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I really don't enjoy being knifed by someone 5-7 ft away after i've shot them 5 times....

...though I am admittedly slower on the draw when it comes to knifing..

Seritonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 Seritonin
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]I hate it when people are camping and I'm so ridiculously far away that it's literally impossible to see me and people somehow kill me. Like really, how the hell do they kill something the size of this smiley :evil:. There's been times I've watch killcams and there is not the slightest chance they could have known that it was a person and they somehow manage to kill me.UberDarkOne

LOl u get mad cause ppl with good eyesight can see u from far away i kill ppl like that all the time thats lamest thing ive ever heard its easy to see across the whole map on an HDTV u see somthin move and shoot pretty simple.

Yeah I know what u mean. I play on a 73" HDTV... I can see a mouse poop from across the map. I don't even use RDS. I use the Iron Sights on the M4.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts
[QUOTE="_Ben99_"][QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

Oh a lot..

1) Marathon Lightweight Commando and running with a care package.

2) Akimbo Models.

3) People who have a dummy account on the other team using a tactical insert to get a nuke.

4) People who take my care packages without me telling them they can.

5) Entire teams camping/defending on objective based games.

6) Mosh Pit includes free for all since there is no REAL team tactical.

7) Painkiller.

8) Spec Ops was half-assed.

9) All challenges should carry over going into prestige, they should add higher caps on kills/headshots for killstreaks and weapons plus a few new challenges (everytime).

10) The fact that i liked cod4 online better.

#3 is very smart .I never thought someone would be that much of a killstreak w**** :lol: @ #4 I know ... I know

If someone is on my team i will generally find where they are and start killing the person myself.....they generally get mad about lol
Seritonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Seritonin
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts

I really don't enjoy being knifed by someone 5-7 ft away after i've shot them 5 times....

...though I am admittedly slower on the draw when it comes to knifing..

J-Man725

Dude just switch to a shotgun. Boom. Knife this. So fun to watch someone sprint at me then fly 3 feet backwards after I lay them out.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

[QUOTE="UberDarkOne"]

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]I hate it when people are camping and I'm so ridiculously far away that it's literally impossible to see me and people somehow kill me. Like really, how the hell do they kill something the size of this smiley :evil:. There's been times I've watch killcams and there is not the slightest chance they could have known that it was a person and they somehow manage to kill me.Seritonin

LOl u get mad cause ppl with good eyesight can see u from far away i kill ppl like that all the time thats lamest thing ive ever heard its easy to see across the whole map on an HDTV u see somthin move and shoot pretty simple.

Yeah I know what u mean. I play on a 73" HDTV... I can see a mouse poop from across the map. I don't even use RDS. I use the Iron Sights on the M4.

I can understand that, but what about that HUGE X of a cross hair that appears when you just so happen to go across someone... and then it locks on the person... I mean seriously... auto aim from across the map lmao...

commandercrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#64 commandercrap
Member since 2006 • 318 Posts
and yea ppl should get over campers its a stratagy in the game just cause they and me :p aint stupid enough to keep runnin around and dyin u get mad at them? its just ur excuse for gettin pwned by one so wine and complain cause its gotta be someones fault but really u just suck - By UberDarkOne While this may be true, what if it happens that 80% of the people on a map are campers? The game then gets EXTREMELY boring, or frustrating. Take the rundown and terminal maps for instance. On both of these maps it is possible to position 6 people in certain areas to LOCK DOWN the map, making it virtually impossible for the other team to win. While camping has it's benefits, it's good to switch up your style a little. I do both, but I am a fan of the scavenger strategy with claymores. The team deathmatches are made to be EXACTLY that, to use teamwork to bring your opponents down. But that anooys me about the game, nobody wants to be a team player, they are all out for THEIR kills. A good team buildup is esential as well, having a balanced team is key to victory. 95% of people that play don't consider this, and they end up hating life in the game. Get good friends, practice tactics, and pwn away. Sry, edited because I failed miserably at the 'reply' option.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

I guess that fact that every weapon is so damn accurate. The assault rifle is as accuarate as a sniper and you can usually get the drop on someone quicker when using it. It's just lame. Then it has to be the killstreaks. They just promote even more camping.

alien100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 alien100000
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

The respawns are garbage, and the game is so noob friendly. Deathstreaks, really?? They are rewarding people who suck and keep dying. Makes no sense to me.

assualtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 assualtz
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

Noobtubers. I can't begin to say how many time my killstreak was ruined by those guys. I only mind Hardcore Campers(camp in corner whole game)

assualtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 assualtz

Thank you! They won't learn anything from dying too much. Then again, either way they'll sell it because they suck at it. I miss the good old days of Unreal tournament 2004, quake 3 arena, doom, etc., where there weren't any perks, deathstreaks. I do like killstreak rewards

The respawns are garbage, and the game is so noob friendly. Deathstreaks, really?? They are rewarding people who suck and keep dying. Makes no sense to me.

alien100000

assualtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 assualtz

Can't you turn off autoaim?

[QUOTE="Seritonin"]

[QUOTE="UberDarkOne"]

baller72

I can understand that, but what about that HUGE X of a cross hair that appears when you just so happen to go across someone... and then it locks on the person... I mean seriously... auto aim from across the map lmao...

Beagle050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Beagle050
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

It's not something that can be helped, but I absolutely hate the host advantage. I don't like feeling like I'm getting an advantage over anyone else, or anyone has an advantage over me. It just doesn't seem fair.

Also, I wish I could have more health on the Night at the Museum bonus level. lol

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

That the online isn't as good as CoD4... man I wish it wasn't stuck in my old PS3, lol.

jerkface96

Yeaaaa okkk, i doubt you would play cod4 as much as you do MW2 now..... What annoys me the most Is when people moan and cry about how horrible the game is but yet they keep on playing it, thus to continue theyre whining, But what i dont like about the game, game wise is AUTO AIM - Takes No SKill What so ever Knifing- Way Too Easy To Do, I swear Ill press R3 first and i still get stabbed so yea...

I played CoD4 way more than I'll ever play MW2, but like I said before, there's a difference between addiction and fun.

You can smoke for recreation, like you said, but once you get addicted, you've got no choice.

Also, MW2 maps are garbage compared to CoD4 maps. It's just the same old recycled material rearranged in a new way. Why not a firefight through a theme park? Or a mall? Or the suburbs like in the actual God damn single player?

The only maps that are different and at the same time tolerable are Terminal and Derail.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

Can't you turn off autoaim?[QUOTE="baller72"]

[QUOTE="Seritonin"]

assualtz

Even if you could why would you??? :question:

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

Scianix-Black

yeah, COD4 is much better than MW2 online, though i did like WaW online better overall

ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

Personally, it's not the camping that I hate, because camping is a realistic way to fight...But, I really hate when people play for themselves or for "their nuke", they don't enjoy the game and due to their behaviour they don't let you enjoy the game either!!!

hbk7137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#75 hbk7137
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
What annoys me? Watching the Killcam and realizing i just died from being shot in the foot. Spawing right in front of an enemy player and getting shot before i have time to react. Joining a game in progress and dying instantly because someone in a helicopter is dropping bombs on me. Campers.
PSN-BullDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PSN-BullDawg
Member since 2009 • 122 Posts

basically everything everyone has already stated... but the one thing that always gets me a little mad is commando, not just knife runners but just the perk itself, because its not a lunge.... its a teleport (and a ridiculously long one at that). and i know that the knife is just a tactical addition to the game. (not realistic) because honestly one stab sounds a lot better than 4 shots to the chest from an assault rifle at close range...

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Too many stupid annoying perks.

Dont like how theres two things of SMG's.

Shotguns should be primary.

Machine pistols are SMG- Machine pistol rounds fired automaticly.. ya that makes too much sense by using two different classes.

How the person on the other kill cam is ALWAYS a second ahead of you. Example. You round a corner running away from him and you can see he's still shooting at the spot were you were about a second ago. You then die somehow as you are watching the bullets miss. You watch the kill cam, when matter of of fact you never rounded the damn corner. That makes sense.

Nukes are stupid

Chopper Gunners are cheap

Heartbeat sensors is stupid... Should've just stuck with Night vision.

Thermal is stupid but i could care less.

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

Nothing really annoyed me, besides short campaign but as far as MP goes, if I see I'm dying to something repeatedly be it knifers or noob tubers (peeps who run around and just shoot grenade launchers for those who were asking) I just do the same thing lol. I think its kind of funny, I get a laugh out of it and see how many ppl I can knife or blow up or w/e.

This doesnt happen every match though, for me anyhow I'll get a decent number of good matches. The game overall is just gettin a lil boring for me but ill play every now and then.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
I have an issue with the spawn points, but that's about it. sure, like anyone else, i can get frustrated over "things" that other people "use or do" in this game, but when i get killed the fault is placed squarely on my performance...
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
  • Piss-poor single player
  • The online community
  • Lack of differentiation between COD4 (been there, done that feeling)
  • Lame online maps
  • Spec-Ops limited to 2 players max
  • Light machine guns (or any gun for that matter) have the recoil of a water gun
black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
annoying kids with headsets. paradigm68
co-sign this plus add with campers who think they are the greatest and brag about it when they hide in corners,, its a pain in the rear when a whole team camps in one area together and then brags together, on the mic i dont care if your kill ratio is better at least I went out, but the tactics are hard to implement when your team sucks or steals your kill, watches you die or steals your care package or just dumb
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
MW2 is proof that by trying to please everyone, you end up pleasing very few. Its as if it has taken the approach of making the player do the least possible to reap the most rewards. Need kills? Perks and weapons practially do the job for you with little to no skill needed. Not getting kills but need kills? No problem, killstreaks and deathstreaks can pick up the slack. The only thing that was done really well with MW2, was selling a game soley on its reputation.Ninja_Zombie83
I think this post sums up game nicely.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
the fact that it sucks but i still play it
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#84 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
knife sprinters.
Guchari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Guchari
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

Yeah campers will always be a pain in FPS's. This thread has reminded me of a guy the has been taking down trees until Infinity Ward stop the campers.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts
[QUOTE="doesntcare"][QUOTE="_Ben99_"][QUOTE="NaughtyRag"]

Oh a lot..

1) Marathon Lightweight Commando and running with a care package.

2) Akimbo Models.

3) People who have a dummy account on the other team using a tactical insert to get a nuke.

4) People who take my care packages without me telling them they can.

5) Entire teams camping/defending on objective based games.

6) Mosh Pit includes free for all since there is no REAL team tactical.

7) Painkiller.

8) Spec Ops was half-assed.

9) All challenges should carry over going into prestige, they should add higher caps on kills/headshots for killstreaks and weapons plus a few new challenges (everytime).

10) The fact that i liked cod4 online better.

#3 is very smart .I never thought someone would be that much of a killstreak w**** :lol: @ #4 I know ... I know

If someone is on my team i will generally find where they are and start killing the person myself.....they generally get mad about lol

wait that doesnt make sense about #3, can you please elaborate, so i can complain about it too, how does a dummy account and tactical insertion help out so much?
XxChicagoTedXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 XxChicagoTedXx
Member since 2009 • 407 Posts

All the fakeness. I really wish there was a realism mode that would compensate for all the bullh**t. I know there is hard core but that just removes crosshairs and lowers your health. They should turn off regeneration, get rid of some of the fake perks, and less killstreaks. They should also get rid off several add ons. Ex. Barett 50 cal. That silencer would weigh a s**t load and be huge. Shotguns should not shoot so far either. I also prefer the melee bash in the old games because chances are they are running around with a bullet proof vest on and one knife stab would kill them but the melee bash always struck their head and that could knock you out. I have absolutely no problems with campers. It is just applying real world tactics. I especially hate it when people complain about snipers or defenders camping. You really can't do it without camping. Although spawn killing is total BS, something they definitely fixed in MAG minus the airdrops.I know it is a video game and all but at least a little realsim. I only want to play realism sometimes so adding that mode would be a good mode.

P.S. The co-op mode sucks. They really should have thought more about it before releasing it.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts
[QUOTE="doesntcare"][QUOTE="_Ben99_"] #3 is very smart .I never thought someone would be that much of a killstreak w**** :lol: @ #4 I know ... I knowjerkface96

wait that doesnt make sense about #3, can you please elaborate, so i can complain about it too, how does a dummy account and tactical insertion help out so much?

Since you can join a friends game, you can have a friend join your game and be on the other team find a spot away from everyone have him lay down tactical insert, kill him, let him respawn place another tactical insert, kill him and repeat.
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

1.Care package knifing - They sprint while crouched and can stab at least 4 guys in one go.

2.Hate mail :evil: COD players take it way to seriously.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#91 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts

not enough maps, those over loaded shotguns, but worst of all i hate melee. it doesnt work right. i can hit stab 3x and not hit the guy or we can both stab and only one dies...it should be possible that we tied and both die. also, explain how its possible that i can be holding a frag or even be mid throw, get killed, and the frag never gets thrown or explodes?? total bs
OH and let me add...when i shoot a grenade launcher and the thing doesnt explode. sometimes you can see it go pas the guy and thru the wall. ok i realize this game is special cause every bullet can go thru a foot of concrete *rolls eyes* but a grenade should not go thru the damn wall

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

The shield, please remove this for the next version :x

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
1) Excessive use of explosives (obviously because they suck at the game) 2) Excessive camping (also because they suck) 3) The people who use lagg switches (they obviously suck the most) 4) People who talk **** over the internet on their 16" t.v on their moms couch and think they are tough **** (only place they can feel big? probably.)
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#94 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

I hate runners the most. Commando lightweight and marathon. Some Duel guns are annoying as well..namely the 88s and rangers.

Corvan

sounds like me :D

just get a 56:2 this morning with rambo build, but it's easy to find way to counter it.

CrispexOps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 CrispexOps
Member since 2009 • 182 Posts

Knifing. It seems like knifing takes no skill, no aim, nothing at all. People run around with Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando, with an M9 and tactical knife, and that's pretty much it for me.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts
[QUOTE="oajlu"]

[QUOTE="Corvan"]

I hate runners the most. Commando lightweight and marathon. Some Duel guns are annoying as well..namely the 88s and rangers.

sounds like me :D

just get a 56:2 this morning with rambo build, but it's easy to find way to counter it.

hows is it easy to kill some one whos coming at you at like 90mph. You have little to no reaction time when he rounds the corner. Plus by the time you shoot, you know, the game doesnt even register your shot. So the only way to kill a rambo is to have good aim. They have to be far away and you have to get them before they escape. Not that hard to live as a runner. Theres cover everywhere
Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

How cheap the online is. My K/D is 1.86 but after a while I can't take the game anymore.

yworry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 yworry69
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

you guys with the camper problems are playing the wrong game type

the guys with the perk/attachment problems haven't played enough to know that all you need is a scar/tar/m4 and you get those pretty much from the get go

It's all about developing your personal gun style. Camping works, running and gunning works but you have to know when to move and when to stay still no matter which you employ.

I think what annoys me most about this game is the nub tubing

MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

annoying kids with headsets. paradigm68
THISSSSS!!!!!!!

Gr1m505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Gr1m505
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Noob toobers , knife sprinters, and unbalanced maps like Skidrow.