Unnecessary Sequels & Games that need sequels

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

Bioschock 2 felt very unnecessary to me, the story in theoriginalfinished nicely and a sequel just wasn't necessary in my eyes.

Freedom Fighters 2 deserved a sequel, it had an open ending and could have went in many directions, but instead just faded away.

Casper459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Casper459
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts

Why the heck are they making a Saw 2 video game. Or for that mater, why did they make the first one?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I want a PS3 sequel to the PS2 game "Sky Odessey"... that would make me VERY happy. Stunt flying and treasure hunting, it was so much fun unlocking all of the stuff in that game!!!

:D

I would truly celebrate such a game, we need a flight game that tests your piloting abilities like that game did again. Anyone else addicted to that one?

*sound of crickets, I'm sure*

:|

"Beuller? Beuller?"

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

Why the heck are they making a Saw 2 video game. Or for that mater, why did they make the first one?

Casper459

that's the question of the day

OriginalJonty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OriginalJonty
Member since 2009 • 1087 Posts

Bioschock 2 felt very unnecessary to me, the story in theoriginalfinished nicely and a sequel just wasn't necessary in my eyes.

Freedom Fighters 2 deserved a sequel, it had an open ending and could have went in many directions, but instead just faded away.

pete_merlin

I loved Freedom Fighters. One of the best games of the last gen. I'm going to support your idea.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
I think Star Wars The Force Unleashed doesn't need a sequel. It had two endings but we all know which ending was the real one. As for a game that needs a sequel, I actually have a few...Rogue Galaxy, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Sector, etc.
TravJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TravJon
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

I want a Demon's Souls sequel, or some dlc

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I would like to see a sequel to dark sector

Casper459

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Casper459
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts

I think Star Wars The Force Unleashed doesn't need a sequel. It had two endings but we all know which ending was the real one. As for a game that needs a sequel, I actually have a few...Rogue Galaxy, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Sector, etc.azzezino

I agree with you to a point. I think as far as the story goes on the first Force Unleashed, you can't make it any different or add to it. But I would hope the next force unleashed is in a different time period. say instead of being between episode 3 and 4, after 6 or before 1.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

[QUOTE="pete_merlin"]

OriginalJonty

I loved Freedom Fighters. One of the best games of the last gen. I'm going to support your idea.

i thought i was the only one who really liked freedom fighters on the ps2, a lot of people i talk to never even heard of it lol, would love to play a sequel to that game. also demon's souls my favorite game on the ps3 needs one. i would love a next installment for baldur's gate dark alliance or the champions games. i don't think ffx should have gotten a sequel, granted i was excited when i heard about x-2 but the story of x didn't feel that great after i played the crap that was x-2.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

The only thing missing from "Freedom Fighters" was the ability to hold your rifle in the air and yell "WOLVERINES!!!" at the top of your lungs!

;)

Great game, I'd support that one too. Talking people into following you and then the leadership system & "squad control"was pretty coolfor it's time.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Bioshock 2 should have never been made unless it was going to be a prequel.

Games that should have a sequel, hmm im going to have to say Demon's Souls or atleast a game similar to DS and probably Simpsons Hit and Run which imo was the best Simpsons game I have ever played.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I would love to see another Baten Kaitos game but fat chance of that happening with how well they did :(. Love the games and see more story coming out of them personally, but even if they did come out with one, I would want it to be for PS3 and not Wii (both were on the gamecube) so its not gonna happen :P. Oh and Timesplitters, unfortunately that series seems to be dead and gone as they are working on some other FPS now under the order of Cryteck.

A game that did not need a sequel....hmmm, From the looks of it Mario Galaxy, not that it will be bad, I think it will rock and if I owned a Wii I would buy it no doubt. The thing is, they have never done this, it was a different theme every time, and now they are doing the same theme, which was supposed to be Mario Galaxy 1.5 further proving my point.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#14 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Okami deserves a full blown PS3 sequel.

I don't know so much about unnecessary sequels but I do know of some that disappointed me in terms of difference. Example: FEAR 2. Why did they have to keep the Alma story going? It felt so rehashed. Here you have this unit, First Encounter Assault Recon, that literally deal with various unknown problems and 2 games in what do we have? The same problem. You can have a sequel dealing with a different supernatural force but instead they just continued a story that wasn't that original or engaging in the first place.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

[QUOTE="azzezino"]I think Star Wars The Force Unleashed doesn't need a sequel. It had two endings but we all know which ending was the real one. As for a game that needs a sequel, I actually have a few...Rogue Galaxy, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Sector, etc.Casper459

I agree with you to a point. I think as far as the story goes on the first Force Unleashed, you can't make it any different or add to it. But I would hope the next force unleashed is in a different time period. say instead of being between episode 3 and 4, after 6 or before 1.

The Force Unleashed II is supposed to be around 6 months after the end of the first. READ

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

i think kotor didn't need a sequel at all. the ending was perfect and it left you satisfied, besides money, what was the reason to make a sequel and give to another company?

and it sure as hell doesn't need that stupid MMO:evil:

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
I don't know about sequel, but I do know that I wanna see a new Bushido Blade game. A sword fighting game where one swing can end a fight? Yes please!
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

I agree with the people who said Bioshock 2 was unnecessary.

There are a lot of sequels I would like to see, but one game that really needs one is Mirror's Edge. So much potential.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Well im not sure about games that shouldn't have had sequels but I really want a sequel to Primal. There is still a lot of room to explore the various realms and new ones if a sequel is made.

AnthonyLuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AnthonyLuu
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts

SOUL CALIBUR 5!!! make it happen.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Valkyria Chronicles needs a PS3 sequel. I'm certainly looking forward to the PSP one, but I'd much rather have it on the PS3.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pete_merlin
[QUOTE="Eman5805"]I don't know about sequel, but I do know that I wanna see a new Bushido Blade game. A sword fighting game where one swing can end a fight? Yes please!

Sweet jesus! I forgot about that game, good times :D Id love to see a sequel to that game
mannyboo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mannyboo22
Member since 2009 • 319 Posts

Seriously ever since I played it over 10 years ago I've been waiting for an actual release of Chrono Trigger (chrono cross was not a sequel). Although I'm actually kind of torn on whether I want a sequel for Chrono Trigger. I mean the ending was good (even though there was like 15) but I just want to play a whole new adventure with Crono and the gang.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Casper459
Yeah that and kane and lynch 2 and saints row 3 and red faction guirella 2. Why dont they make new games instead?
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pete_merlin
[QUOTE="Casper459"]

dakan45
Yeah that and kane and lynch 2 and saints row 3 and red faction guirella 2. Why dont they make new games instead?

I liked Saint Row 2, mainly because it was very different to the original, felt like something new...got boring after a while though.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#26 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Bioshock 2 was better than the first, and I heard they plan on making many more, which is great news!

I feel Condemned 2 , Dark Sector , Prototype and Far Cry 2 should have sequels

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#27 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Casper459

It was a very good game which is underappreciated. Half the people that say its bad haven't even tried it for themselves :roll:

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Bioshock 2 was dissapointing so that for unnecessary sequel and for a sequel maybe Condemned 2 or Freedom Fighters
A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 A-l-g-r-e-n
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts

pete_merlin
Yeah, some games just don't need it, like LittleBigPlanet. Others do, like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. MW3 NEEDS to show up. Boy, I hope it does...
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I feel a sequel to InFamous isnt really that necessary. However, I think that Bayonetta should have a sequel coming

Gmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gmythe
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

SSX needs a sequel onto the ps3 and 360.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

No game needs a sequel.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
God of War II seemed like a really unnecessary sequel to me. The gameplay was improved, but I thought it was a big step back in the story department and I thought it would have been better to just leave the way it ended in the first game. I have yet to play GoW III so maybe the trilogy ends well and it will make GoWII seem more important, but for now I don't think they needed to make another game in the series.
Sitic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#34 Sitic
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

No game needs a sequel.

Shad0ki11
I disagree, games like God of War, and Metal Gear Solid wouldn't be even close to what they are now without sequels.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

No game needs a sequel.

Sitic

I disagree, games like God of War, and Metal Gear Solid wouldn't be even close to what they are now without sequels.

God of War didn't need two other games. GOW1 was fine as-is. Metal Gear Solid's story still isn't complete it's taken four full games.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Games that need sequels: Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears andEternal Darkness to name a few. Most unnecessary sequel ever, Final Fantasy X-2 (even though I liked the dress sphere system).

gameinfo8956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gameinfo8956
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

txr302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 txr302
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

I just hope Okamiden wille ventually get a PS3 port. Okami needs more.

Armored_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Armored_
Member since 2010 • 186 Posts
[QUOTE="Casper459"]

dakan45

I disagree about Kane and Lynch two. Dog Days is showing fantastic potential..its an oppurtunity given to good developers to do what they can with current tech..
Armored_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Armored_

No game needs a sequel.

Shad0ki11
i disagree. I dont know where I wouldve been if they hadnt made warrior within and then carried it on. lovely stuff.
Armored_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Armored_

I feel a sequel to InFamous isnt really that necessary. However, I think that Bayonetta should have a sequel coming

bigboss1203
id like to see an infamous sequel out..always felt that Cole could've been much much more..and maybe the sequel will try to quench that thirst..thats the whole point of a sequel,isnt it? more of the same character and gameplay,but better and upgraded somehow..
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah, some games just don't need it, like LittleBigPlanet. Others do, like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. MW3 NEEDS to show up. Boy, I hope it does...A-l-g-r-e-n
I would have to disagree, when I first heard there was going to be a LBP sequel, I said the same thing, but now after seeing what they are doing with it, it is definitely a worthy sequel. CoD is the last game that needs sequels, since its just a MP game and Activision abuses DLC anyway, the games don't need to be annual. As a matter of fact, it can take a few years off.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#43 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

SSX Tricky needs a sequel and if that happens I want the original developers EA Canada to develop it not EA Montreal. Dead Head Fred and mostly because John C. McGinley dry comedy made it entertaining the game doesn't really need a sequel but I'd like to see one.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
This game's also need PS3 sequels: War of the Monsters, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Bully, The Darkness and Conan.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
This game's also need PS3 sequels: War of the Monsters, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Bully, The Darkness and Conan.azzezino
Omg im hoping for a Bully and The Darkness sequels.
nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nbessiner
Member since 2009 • 731 Posts

They should make a sequel for Jak and they shouldn`t have made a sequel to army of 2

Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
deactivated-58405e092ba2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#47 deactivated-58405e092ba2c
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

Bioshock 2 was the perfect sequel to me, so I don't mind that one. If it's true there will be a sequel to SAW that would be the most unnecessary.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
This game's also need PS3 sequels: War of the Monsters, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Bully, The Darkness and Conan.azzezino
I dunno about a direct sequel to Nocturne, but I'd be happy with ANY PS3 SMT game :P
Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
deactivated-58405e092ba2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#49 deactivated-58405e092ba2c
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

Bully and The Darkness sequels would be nice indeed:)

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Needs a sequel = Tenchu, Bushido Blade, Bully, Rogue Galaxy