Tomb Raider Reboot - Are you excited?

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#101 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

Reboot...get with the times. Accept things change...oh and grow up.

sruane23

Change for the worse or change for the better?

You still did not answer my question on whether Germany changing into a Nazi state in the late 30's was good change or not. I mean, you make it sound like all change is good.

If growing up means that I have to be a boring adult, then no, I will not grow up. I will be who I am and be proud of who I am. I don't have to change for anyone and it does not matter what others think of me, only myself. I do not have to live by social norms.

All things considered Nazi Germany achieved Hitlers goal.

:lol: What????

Hitler's goal was to take over the world, kill all the Jews and usher in the Third Reich or a 1000 years of whatever the f*ck his planned utopia was supposed to be.

He hardly succeeded. I don't know what history books you've been reading.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I preorderd this game. I've never missed a single tomb raider game. Won't break tradition now. verbalfilth

This my first real Tom Raider since Tomb Raider 2 on PS1. Played Guardian of Light on my phone and it reintroduced to the games.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

The trouble is, about 95% of what's out there doesn't meet that standard (for ME, personally). I can count on one hand the titles which have deserved that sort of acknowledgement... "InFAMOUS", "BioShock", "LA Noire"... Most games that have been issued this gen don't match up. They just don't. Whether it's cramming in MP, or whatever, a ton of games have fallen flat on their ass.

If the game companies would stop making cookie-cutter titles, I would feel differently. But the generic quality of games this gen are one of the big reasons why I don't see moving on to the next-gen systems very quickly, if at ALL.

MonkeySpot

About 95%, well, probably more like 98% of current gen games do not meet my personal standards. I can count less than 10-20 games this gen which have deserved that sort of acknowledgement, such as Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Tales of Graces F, Lost Odyssey, Deus Ex HR, Mortal Kombat, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, etc. (don't feel like naming all right now). 

Not sure how Infamous and Bioshock and LA Noire deserve any acknowledgement aside from being overrated, mediocre and cookie cutter (LA Noire aside). Not sure what people see in that PAAGG series, Bioshock. I also like very few games in this last gen, but Infamous, Bioshock and LA Noire are not included.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 soundcellx

[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]I preorderd this game. I've never missed a single tomb raider game. Won't break tradition now. StrongBlackVine

This my first real Tom Raider since Tomb Raider 2 on PS1. Played Guardian of Light on my phone and it reintroduced to the games.

This is not a "REAL" Tomb Raider game.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Considering all your complaints about "this gen" pretty surprising you liked Mortal Kombat and Deus Ex HR.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 soundcellx

Considering all your complaints about "this gen" pretty surprising you liked Mortal Kombat and Deus Ex HR.

whiskeystrike

They have stayed true to their roots. They have stayed true to their fans. Those games have changed without changing what fans loved about them in the first place.

Unsure why you put "this gen" in quotes. If PS4 continues down the path of the PS3, then you can count me out.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#107 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

soundcellx

They have stayed true to their roots. They have stayed true to their fans. Those games have changed without changing what fans loved about them in the first place.

Unsure why you put "this gen" in quotes. If PS4 continues down the path of the PS3, then you can count me out.

We will, no one wants you there

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Venom_Raptor

I don't want you there either. All your opinions are awful (you like Dexter for example) and nobody likes you. 

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

I don't want you there either. All your opinions are awful (you like Dexter for example) and nobody likes you. 

Ha, I'm only thinking logical, you don't like any games but old classics. Somethings telling me the GS community doesn't embrace anything you say because all you spew is mindless bull**** and troll EVERY single thread you go into. I would hazard a guess that your autistic or something because your head is f***** one way or another :lol:

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 soundcellx

Ha, I'm only thinking logical, you don't like any games but old classics. Somethings telling me the GS community doesn't embrace anything you say because all you spew is mindless bull**** and troll EVERY single thread you go into. I would hazard a guess that your autistic or something because your head is f***** one way or another :lol:

Venom_Raptor

Oh, so you made it clear that you think something is wrong with me mentally. Then you go on to fault someone and insult them for having mental issues. So you are discriminatory, but may I ask if you are also racist?

Mindless bull****, like what? Current video games being generic mediocre cookie cutter crap? How is that not true? How is all the pewpew not true? Turn based JRPGs being near dead, since there has not been a proper one on PS3 this entire gen. Or how about video game franchises losing their identity like Final Fantasy with XIII, modern Resident Evils, Splinter Cell of Duty, DmediocreCrap, etc.? Or how about the new Lauren Craft in Bomb Braider (I refuse to call her Lara Croft or the game Tomb Raider)? 

I like a few recent games, just most new ones are mediocre. D Souls games, Tales series, Deus Ex HR, Mortal Kombat, MGR (despite MGS being a horrible series). And much more too, but I cannot name games on other consoles I guess, since that is GS's stupid rules.

Anyhow, I do not troll. I only speak truths.

Oh, you are not related to that idiot RaptorLC over on GameFaqs, are you?

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

soundcellx

Oh, so you made it clear that you think something is wrong with me mentally. Then you go on to fault someone and insult them for having mental issues. So you are discriminatory, but may I ask if you are also racist?

Mindless bull****, like what? Current video games being generic mediocre cookie cutter crap? How is that not true? How is all the pewpew not true? Turn based JRPGs being near dead, since there has not been a proper one on PS3 this entire gen. Or how about video game franchises losing their identity like Final Fantasy with XIII, modern Resident Evils, Splinter Cell of Duty, DmediocreCrap, etc.? Or how about the new Lauren Craft in Bomb Braider (I refuse to call her Lara Croft or the game Tomb Raider)? 

I like a few recent games, just most new ones are mediocre. D Souls games, Tales series, Deus Ex HR, Mortal Kombat, MGR (despite MGS being a horrible series). And much more too, but I cannot name games on other consoles I guess, since that is GS's stupid rules.

You are a troll and should be banned, you don't even hold opinions but just churn out rubbish using your "pew pew" brain (you seem to like childish phrases) and don't even have a bad taste for games, you just don't have taste full stop. Leave the forums and do everyone a favour, everyone is sick of seeing you here.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 soundcellx

MAS_100

Everything I stated is true, so you can refer to yourselves with that picture. 

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MAS_100
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

[QUOTE="MAS_100"]

soundcellx

Everything I stated is true, so you can refer to yourselves with that picture. 

I think a lot more people would agree with the picture I posted, compared to the one you have. Everyone knows you're the troll, you waste your time trying to make arguments with everyone when it's blatantly obvious you are wrong. You may not enjoy this current gen, but to go around posting eveyrwhere claiming that you are always in the right makes it blatantly obvious you are the troll. And because you don't understand that I think you should refer back to the picture I posted. Almost certainly the last part is true.

Avatar image for Ace_of_Spades90
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ace_of_Spades90
Member since 2012 • 815 Posts

@SoundCellX While you do bring up some valid points, most of the time it does feel as though you're trying to instigate a fight. You insult people, put down people's interests (all while proclaiming that only you have good taste in games, film, etc.), and exude a childish and rude persona.

Just so you know, there are ways in which you can express your opinion without coming across as a radical, Type-A troll. Sure, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you don't have to be so abrasive about it. Juding from your countless posts, you clearly favor old school games and believe that modern games are more streamlined (to which I agree with at times); however, why are you compelled to propose this over and over again?

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#117 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I think a lot more people would agree with the picture I posted, compared to the one you have. Everyone knows you're the troll, you waste your time trying to make arguments with everyone when it's blatantly obvious you are wrong. You may not enjoy this current gen, but to go around posting eveyrwhere claiming that you are always in the right makes it blatantly obvious you are the troll. And because you don't understand that I think you should refer back to the picture I posted. Almost certainly the last part is true.

MAS_100

While I don't agree with cell on a lot of things, at least he had the good judgement not to repost that illegal image of yours. You have been reported. You might want to try using a thesaurus next time you want to insult someone, might come across a a little more intelligent.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="MAS_100"]

Namgis

While I don't agree with cell on a lot of things, at least he had the good judgement not to repost that illegal image of yours. You have been reported. You might want to try using a thesaurus next time you want to insult someone, might come across a a little more intelligent.

He's been reported!? Soundcellx's every posts require moderation, its blatant trolling and yet moderators ignore that...

metaldeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 metaldeth
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I think this is the first time I have ever looked forward to a Tomb Raider Game this much. Looks amazing! Hopefully it turns out.

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MAS_100

[QUOTE="MAS_100"]

Namgis

Trolls are as bad as hackers are to games, a pointless waste of space that have nothing better to do than to deliberately start arguments with normal people. Illegal Image? I saw it, found it funny, and thought I'd kindly ask that question through the image. It summed up my thoughts easily enough and saved me the time typing it. Yes every time I write a simple sentence I will use a thesaurus just to try and find a better word, good call there fella ...

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Namgis

He's been reported!? Soundcellx's every posts require moderation, its blatant trolling and yet moderators ignore that...

Venom_Raptor

While true, trolling is not an illegal act. They seem to be easing the rules outside of SW. And who's to say he hasn't been reported? The R word is not allowed anywhere here and is something that should not be used as a derogatory term.

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 MAS_100

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Namgis

While true, trolling is not an illegal act. They seem to be easing the rules outside of SW. And who's to say he hasn't been reported? The R word is not allowed anywhere here and is something that should not be used as a derogatory term.

You realise trolling can be reported on this site? Going onto the forums and deliberately trolling does violate the rules and terms set out for the gamespot forums. Trolling is deliberately annoying other users, that's why nobody likes a troll.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Namgis

I think you'll find in the rules that trolling is forbidden on the site, especially consecutive repetition of trolling which his posts contain, and only contain might I add.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Namgis

Trolls are as bad as hackers are to games, a pointless waste of space that have nothing better to do than to deliberately start arguments with normal people. Illegal Image? I saw it, found it funny, and thought I'd kindly ask that question through the image. It summed up my thoughts easily enough and saved me the time typing it. Yes every time I write a simple sentence I will use a thesaurus just to try and find a better word, good call there fella ...

MAS_100

You also might want to try and read the TOU. Section 7. If you had, you might understand why you should not have posted the picture.

MAS_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MAS_100

[QUOTE="MAS_100"]

Namgis

You also might want to try and read the TOU. Section 7. If you had, you might understand why you should not have posted the picture.

That's the silly thing here, I realise I may have gone too far, however trolling on these forums is a huge problem, and you seem to not notice that at all. Read Soundcellx's (user above) posts on every forum, he is trolling all over gamespot. Has he been suspended or banned? It never seems like it. He is reported enough times. I've gone too far because this guy won't shut up, he provokes a response out of everyone by trolling so I wanted to make my point clear on how I see people like him. Pointless.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Namgis

That's the silly thing here, I realise I may have gone too far, however trolling on these forums is a huge problem, and you seem to not notice that at all. Read Soundcellx's (user above) posts on every forum, he is trolling all over gamespot. Has he been suspended or banned? It never seems like it. He is reported enough times. I've gone too far because this guy won't shut up, he provokes a response out of everyone by trolling so I wanted to make my point clear on how I see people like him. Pointless.

MAS_100

While I agree with your goal, I don't with your means. I just wanted it out there that that word is not acceptable. All good things come to those who wait. I think it's only a matter of time until he gets suspended/banned. If enough people report him, maybe we can contain his antics to SW.

Avatar image for Ace_of_Spades90
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ace_of_Spades90
Member since 2012 • 815 Posts

I bet that SoundCellX person is getting a real kick out of this - seeing unnecessary drama ensue after his deliberate trolling.

I'm new here, but it seems like he's been doing this for quite a while. What I don't get, though, is why people are continuing to give him this attention... It's clear he wants nothing more than to stir up trouble.

Twice (maybe even more) his arguments (if you can even call them arguments) have been debunked by StrongBlackVine and I. First he claimed that the platforming was overly simplistic (like uncharted's, I guess) but when StrongBlackVine told him to go watch actual game play of Tomb Raider, he never responded. Then he claimed that Tomb Raider ditched supernatural elements in favor of more realism, to which I proved him wrong by providing a link of a video which clearly showcases supernatural elements. And guess what? He didn't respond. It's obvious he's not even here to discuss tomb raider; he's here for the sole purpose of trolling.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Venom_Raptor

I bet that SoundCellX person is getting a real kick out of this - seeing unnecessary drama ensue after his deliberate trolling.

I'm new here, but it seems like he's been doing this for quite a while. What I don't get, though, is why people are continuing to give him this attention... It's clear he wants nothing more than to stir up trouble.

Twice (maybe even more) his arguments (if you can even call them arguments) have been debunked by StrongBlackVine and I. First he claimed that the platforming was overly simplistic (like uncharted's, I guess) but when StrongBlackVine told him to go watch actual game play of Tomb Raider, he never responded. Then he claimed that Tomb Raider ditched supernatural elements in favor of more realism, to which I proved him wrong by providing a link of a video which clearly showcases supernatural elements. And guess what? He didn't respond. It's obvious he's not even here to discuss tomb raider; he's here for the sole purpose of trolling.

Ace_of_Spades90

Precisely! All 700 of his posts are the same. I've received point loss in the past for simply using the word "idiot" in a sentence, which is why I can't understand why he's getting away with everything he's posting on a daily basis.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

soundcellx

They are not truths that you speak of. Just your opinions. Like i dont think your much of a gamer so i would never ask you a review on a game. You only like RPG, and fighting.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#130 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

They are not truths that you speak of. Just your opinions. Like i dont think your much of a gamer so i would never ask you a review on a game. You only like RPG, and fighting. ez_moneymaker
:lol: Dude is definitely mental.

When he's not here he's probably in the common room drooling and making macaroni necklaces. Just look at how and what he writes (stuff like "Bomb Braider" WTF? Is that supposed to be funny?). How he disassociates himself from reality, how he can't handle opposing views and lashes out like a child throwing a tantrum, how he pathetically makes up his own names for games he hates like he's some comedy genius and how he believes only what he likes is good. He's either severely handicapped or a very young kid; either one is still annoying.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 soundcellx

On the contrary, those of you who are happy to ruin video game franchises are the trolls. 

You ever stop to think that the fans of classic Tomb Raider might hate this new game? You ever stop to think about their feelings? Many of them are not happy with the change into a generic modern gen game. I played Tomb Raider and TR2 and a few other of the games. I know what TR is like and this new game is not it. It irritates and annoys a lot of olschool Tomb Raider fans, for them to change the series into something unrecognizable, so you Tomb Raider supporters are the trolls here. 

This game looks more like the movie, 'The Descent', rather than Tomb Raider. 

Other things you new gamers have ruined since you are trolls:

You ruined my once favorite series: Final Fantasy

Resident Evil - you casuals turned it into a pewpew Clone of Duty pewpewfest

Splinter Cell - no stealth since Chaos Theory. The series sucks now

DmC - HAHAHAHAHAHA lollmfao! Oh, I am so relieved that this sucky floppy bomb failed so bad. Looks and plays like one of the worst games ever made, yet there's a few people who actually like it. Since there are people in the world who actually like DmC, I cannot trust the opinions of other people.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 soundcellx

I find all of you who support changes to ongoing video game series like this, GUILTY. You are all guilty of hurting the fans of the franchises who did not ask for these changes to their video game series. 

I ask you this: if someone likes something, and someone else changes that thing so it is unrecognizable, then why should that person still like something that doesn't have anything he originally liked it for? For example, if they stopped making Hungry Hungry Hippos, but instead made it as a card game, you really think the original Hungry Hungry Hippos fans would still like it as a card game?

Would you guys like it if your favorite series (Clone of Duty) stopped being made as a PAAGG (Play As A Gun Game) and was turned either into an RPG or card game? 

Show some freaking sympathy or empathy for goodness freaking sake. What are the fans of the old games supposed to do, now that they can't get new games in the old style anymore? You think they are going to be happy that you ruined their favorite series? 

You ruin another person's favorite series, that makes you the bad guy.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 StrongBlackVine

I find all of you who support changes to ongoing video game series like this, GUILTY. You are all guilty of hurting the fans of the franchises who did not ask for these changes to their video game series. 

I ask you this: if someone likes something, and someone else changes that thing so it is unrecognizable, then why should that person still like something that doesn't have anything he originally liked it for? For example, if they stopped making Hungry Hungry Hippos, but instead made it as a card game, you really think the original Hungry Hungry Hippos fans would still like it as a card game?

Would you guys like it if your favorite series (Clone of Duty) stopped being made as a PAAGG (Play As A Gun Game) and was turned either into an RPG or card game? 

Show some freaking sympathy or empathy for goodness freaking sake. What are the fans of the old games supposed to do, now that they can't get new games in the old style anymore? You think they are going to be happy that you ruined their favorite series? 

soundcellx

Hey loser! :lol:

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

StrongBlackVine

Hey Winner! :lol:

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#135 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

This thread is funny as hell all of a sudden. :lol:

CastieI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 CastieI
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts
Watching someone have a total meltdown on an online gaming forum is STILL entertaining.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#137 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

this thread is supposed to be about tomb raider.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 StrongBlackVine

this thread is supposed to be about tomb raider.

sukraj

It was until loser hijacked it.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Hey Winner! :lol:

I dont get you. Guessing not many ppl do. I am an old school gamer. I loved Tomb Raider. What hurt Tomb Raider was old school gamers. It wasnt selling well. So they let it go til someone could hopefully revive a great ip. You want to know what you could do? Go play those old school games, and stop coming onto these forums as someone who speaks for us gamers.
Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#140 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

Nope! Its Uncharted series with a different main character and both being an Indiana Jones knock off... 

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#141 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

I enjoyed the Tomb Raider games on the ps1. I stopped caring for them after that. I was excited for the game at first... but when i saw that MP gameplay I was really turned off from the game. It looked really poor to me. I won't be picking it up day one but I'll definitely check it out some time after release. Here is hoping Lara Croft can make a comeback! :D