The Order 1886 is 5 hours long....

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

*BIG SIGH*

when will developers learn:

The Order 1886 is 5 hours long

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts
@cyloninside said:

*BIG SIGH*

Your point?

Some things are better if they are short and sweet.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Three hours of cutscenes and loading screens.

An hour and a half of gameplay.

Half an hour of credits.

Five hour game.

: )

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

This is the part that I don't get. The Order is just like Heavy Rain when it had QTE, cut-scenes, and Heavy Rain was a good game which I was able to beat it in 7 hours. Metal Gear Rising was 6 hours game but it was fun and the replay value was worth it so this begs the questions, why now all of a sudden that 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9 ect. should matter when gameplay matters? I'm a gamer, I have done a lot of data research for 1886 to qualify for me to buy it day one and I'm still buying it cause it's Steampunk.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Didn't the guy who beat it on YouTube speed run the game? Either way I'm pretty sure he skipped right through everything just to finish the game as quickly as possible. Still buying this game regardless, my excitement or expectations haven't dipped since it was announced. I personally enjoy cut scenes and QTE-events when done right, one of my favourite games was Heavy Rain and I love that sort of gameplay. Can't wait for the 20th.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cyloninside

@BattleSpectre said:

Didn't the guy who beat it on YouTube speed run the game? Either way I'm pretty sure he skipped right through everything just to finish the game as quickly as possible. Still buying this game regardless, my excitement or expectations haven't dipped since it was announced. I personally enjoy cut scenes and QTE-events when done right, one of my favourite games was Heavy Rain and I love that sort of gameplay. Can't wait for the 20th.

the cutscenes are not skippable.... and make up approximately 3 of the 5 hours.

that is ridiculous. if i wanted to go watch a movie, i would go to the theatre.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre

@cyloninside said:

@BattleSpectre said:

the cutscenes are not skippable.... and make up approximately 3 of the 5 hours.

that is ridiculous. if i wanted to go watch a movie, i would go to the theatre.

No one is forcing you to buy the game, that is your choice to make. As I recall Metal Gear Solid 4 was also heavy on cutscenes but I still enjoyed that game thoroughly and it did score a 10/10 here. Like I mentioned above I don't mind cutscenes, but clearly this guy rushed through the playable parts without taking his time and scanning the environment. I honestly doubt I'd beat this game in 5 hours with the way I play, but I don't mind being proven wrong (I guess I'll find out on the 20th).

Edit: Another user reported it took him around 10 hours to beat the game, link. I don't mind a short game as long as it's good, I prefer a short and sweet game, to one that's too long and boring/repetitive. Heavy Rain was around 7 hours for example, but it was amazing imo. But this doesn't sound like your kind of game and that's cool.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I could live with 8-10hrs, but 5? If this is true, then that's just terrible! I would still buy it because it does look solid in general "BUT" there's noway I would pay full price for a 5hr game.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@davillain- said:

This is the part that I don't get. The Order is just like Heavy Rain when it had QTE, cut-scenes, and Heavy Rain was a good game which I was able to beat it in 7 hours. Metal Gear Rising was 6 hours game but it was fun and the replay value was worth it so this begs the questions, why now all of a sudden that 5, 6, 7, 8 ,9 ect. should matter when gameplay matters? I'm a gamer, I have done a lot of data research for 1886 to qualify for me to buy it day one and I'm still buying it cause it's Steampunk.

The Order is not just like Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain was focused on providing an interactive story that had you make choices that you had to deal with. The Order is a story focused story experience, but it is also a tps, and there are certain expectations that come with that. Some expectations are well warranted, but then again, it is all about preference and expectations too. The gameplay matters, but to a lot of people it does not look like much .

Anyway, it is good that you are still plan on enjoying it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

If you play it once... maybe.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Arguably the greatest game of all time, Super Mario Bros. 3, can easily be beaten in under 5 hours, so I don't understand why people complain about stuff like this. I'd rather have a short game that is fun the whole way through over them padding the game with boring crap just to make it longer like so many other games these days do.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cyloninside

@starwolf474 said:

Arguably the greatest game of all time, Super Mario Bros. 3, can easily be beaten in under 5 hours, so I don't understand why people complain about stuff like this. I'd rather have a short game that is fun the whole way through over them padding the game with boring crap just to make it longer like so many other games these days do.

maybe for you. SMB3 isnt even in my top 20 best games ever. a 5 hour game where 3 of the 5 hours is cutscenes, is not worth 60 dollars no matter how good it is.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre

@cyloninside said:

@starwolf474 said:

maybe for you. SMB3 isnt even in my top 20 best games ever. a 5 hour game where 3 of the 5 hours is cutscenes, is not worth 60 dollars no matter how good it is.

Exactly, and the same thing can be said about you, it's only your opinion. It might not be worth it for you but a lot of people still want to buy The Order 1886 and will appreciate it. Just like I posted above another user claimed it took him around 10 hours to beat the game, so no I don't believe it's a 5 hour game unless you sprint through all the playable parts without taking your time and looking around for things.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

@cyloninside said:

*BIG SIGH*

What else can they really do, they can add a bunch of filler in there to lengthen the game, but who would this help really?

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

People who are complaining about the length, the style, the gameplay, the moustaches etc about this game, DON'T buy or play it. Not all games are meant for everybody.

And still we are talking about a game that is not released yet. So we should be careful about our criticism. At least play it and when you really have experienced it then criticise it.

No matter what people say I WILL buy this game day one and play the sh!t out of it.

Note: There are other great games coming, wait for those. But do not be surprised if this game gets a lot of good feedback.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Too short but day one for me

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@BattleSpectre said:

@cyloninside said:

@starwolf474 said:

Exactly, and the same thing can be said about you, it's only your opinion. It might not be worth it for you but a lot of people still want to buy The Order 1886 and will appreciate it. Just like I posted above another user claimed it took him around 10 hours to beat the game, so no I don't believe it's a 5 hour game unless you sprint through all the playable parts without taking your time and looking around for things.

Also to add that while Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was 5-6 hours to beat, back then, no one didn't complain about that but for me, Revengeance took me like 2 days to beat despite it can be finish in 5 hours depending on your skills but like I said, it took me 2 days to beat it only because I was going to work and everyone needs to understand that some of us have a job and we all can't sit here just play the game all night. Honestly this argument about length of a game is just stupid, everyone is mad on a new IP that can be beat in 5 hours big deal, it's the matter of time you want to put into the game.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

You'll probably be able to grab this snack for pennies on the dollar soon. This one is not going to go over very well with the general population.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MarcRecon

@mdk12345 said:

This is great news to be honest, but I'll have to wait for it to get cheap. Games these days are very long. I mean who wants to play the same game for 30 hours? I want a game that has replay value. I sure as heck know I'm not replaying a 30 hour game. I'd rather have a 4 hour game that is a lot of fun and worth playing over and over again. Remember it's about quality not quantity. The longer a game is, the more ideas get stale throughout the game. I wanna play something that feels like a long exciting movie, not a week long marathon. I want something I can pick up and play and finish multiple times.

Just when I thought I had you figured out!! The Order was one of the games that I thought you would make at least 50 threads complaining about it!!! lol

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

If you play the game on easy, much longer for an average player on normal or hard

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

@cyloninside:

@GTR12 said:

Your point?

Some things are better if they are short and sweet.

As I am close to finishing Dragon Age that has dominated my gaming for months, I am welcoming a short and sweet game.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@cyloninside: I like how one random guy on the Internet claims something and suddenly it's gospel.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cyloninside

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@cyloninside: I like how one random guy on the Internet claims something and suddenly it's gospel.

yeah well, welcome to gamespot.... where opinions are treated like actual fact and only one person can be right.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarcRecon

Knowing now that the 5hr video on Youtube was a speedrun, I'm buying it on day1.@mdk12345

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MarcRecon

@mdk12345 said:

@MarcRecon said:

Knowing now that the 5hr video on Youtube was a speedrun, I'm buying it on day1.@mdk12345

Well we need more 5 hour games because I care more about replay value. Usually long games just mean more tedious and useless side missions.

I kinda agree with ya on that! Because if it was a 20hr game filled with repetative missions, people would find reasons complain....either way alot of people had it out for The Order.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BattleSpectre

To anyone still in doubt: Studio exec says internal tests put normal game length between eight and ten hours. Like I said the only way you'll beat this game in 5 hours is if you rush through all the playable parts.

Taken straight from the article above, yes it was a speed run, and I quote: "On Sunday, a video emerged on YouTube showing the full game being played, seemingly as fast as possible, and finishing in about five hours. This deliberate speedrun led some to suggest that the campaign length is five hours long as standard".

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I'd welcome 10-15 hours for my shortest game. I'd wage you could squeeze more than 5 hours out of the game if you take your time. I'd rather my indies be on the short side rather than my $60 dollar games

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@cyloninside: So no boring filler and dumb fetch quests? Awesome news.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#33 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i will just leave this here

Loading Video...

GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#34 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts

Screw the order being 5- 1 or 20 hours long. It still doesnt look good.

I have watched trailers read previews still dont know what kind of game it is

MBadre89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MBadre89
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Complete Walkthrough of the game https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcmgUoyV0K_HlHv3kLIXPxeYtg6RTTyu4

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cyloninside

@saintsatan said:

according to reviews the entire game is boring filler and dumb quests.... so... yeah. what now?

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cyloninside

@The_Last_Ride said:

Loading Video...

what the **** was the point of that video?

the guy makes a 5 minute video with the entire point being basically "*shrugs* i dont know"...... i mean fucking come on.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

well it got trash on GS lol

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Apparently it's more time than one would like to spend with the game, according to GS.

Iownu4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Iownu4ever
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

It smells like suffering in here

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

After looking at GS review roundup, I don't think I'll pick this up now, this is a rent at best and sorry Ready at Dawn, but you could've done better.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The_Last_Ride

@cyloninside said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Loading Video...

the guy makes a 5 minute video with the entire point being basically "*shrugs* i dont know"...... i mean fucking come on.

Did you watch it? If you did you would know that he doesn't know if the game is worth it or not. You actually have to play it to know. Also length doesn't matter, quality does

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cyloninside

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cyloninside said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Loading Video...

Did you watch it? If you did you would know that he doesn't know if the game is worth it or not. You actually have to play it to know. Also length doesn't matter, quality does

that was my point... he makes a video to say he doesnt know if it is worth it or not....

so WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE VIDEO...?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Last_Ride

@cyloninside said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cyloninside said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Loading Video...

that was my point... he makes a video to say he doesnt know if it is worth it or not....

so WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE VIDEO...?

So why are people bashing it then? People don't know, and we do know now that it's longer than 5 hours

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SaintSatan

@cyloninside said:

@saintsatan said:

according to reviews the entire game is boring filler and dumb quests.... so... yeah. what now?

Oh? Link me to those reviews. I played about 2 hours now and I'm enjoying it a lot although I can see why some people would hate it. It's very very movie like and story heavy, gameplay is not the focus. It has sky high production values, graphics, voice acting, cut scenes, ect. I applaud them for doing something different instead of just making another duck and cover shooter. I think this will appeal more to older gamers rather than the younger kids who want action and whatnot every 2 seconds.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@cyloninside said:

@saintsatan said:

Oh? Link me to those reviews. I played about 2 hours now and I'm enjoying it a lot although I can see why some people would hate it. It's very very movie like and story heavy, gameplay is not the focus. It has sky high production values, graphics, voice acting, cut scenes, ect. I applaud them for doing something different instead of just making another duck and cover shooter. I think this will appeal more to older gamers rather than the younger kids who want action and whatnot every 2 seconds.

Um. According to your words, it is a duck and cover shooter, but with a great story and and production values

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SaintSatan

@cooolio said:

@saintsatan said:

@cyloninside said:

@saintsatan said:

Um. According to your words, it is a duck and cover shooter, but with a great story and and production values

lrn2read

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Games are expensive these days. I think it's a big FU when these developers half ass their games.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BattleSpectre