dgeorge21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By dgeorge21
Member since 2021 • 2 Posts

Does anyone know why this behavior occurs? On starting this PS3 game, there are screen flashes and black, horizontal "bar code"-like lines that appear right as the credits and title screen begin. The behavior may be seen here, until about 19s mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9Woo33TM4&t=0m8s

I purchased a used, refurbished PS3 and this "Greatest Hits" game through Amazon recently and was disheartened to see this flashing behavior at the outset. My equipment is the following: PS3 Super-Slim, and Toshiba Fire TV 49.5 HDTV 4K, model 50LF621U19. On the jewel case, the game notes "HD Video Output: 480p, 720p". Other PS3 games seem to work just fine with this setup, although they appear to include "HD Video Output: 720p, 1080i, 1080p" or some such combination on the back of the jewel case. I have tried setting my PS3 to output only 720p (and also 1080p, 1080i, etc.) but no luck.

I've done a lot of research on this topic so far (although I am new to it) and since I haven't found an answer I thought I would post (I'm new here, too). Is this because an older game is attempted to be played on a much newer TV? I can't adjust my TV's resolution down to 720p; it seems the lower-bound is 1080p, so maybe it has to do with a mis-match in the signals.

Is there any way to fix this?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Is that your video? If not, then maybe that's just the way it is on PS3s in general.

southearn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By southearn
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

Hey guys my brother purchased a ps3 super slim on eBay and we just got around to playing it and we noticed its slow to load a game and the audio is severely delayed we will play black ops zombies and we just won’t hear certain sounds until like 10 minutes after they were supposed to play then they all go at once I’m thinking it’s the https://omegle.onl/ hard drive but was wondering what you guys think.