SquareSoft vs. SquareEnix

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SoyUnPerdedor
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts

Like people have been saying, it's all because Final Fantasy's executive producer left the company in 2001 or 2002, and apparently he took a whole bunch of employees with him. I didn't know that.

The way I see it, Final Fantasy ended at part 10. I don't know what these new games and movies calling themselves Final Fantasy are. I knew Final Fantasy, and you sir, are no Final Fantasy.

[QUOTE="G3ckobain"]

:roll: ... lot of you are saying SquareEnix sux, just cuz they go 360 style ... but we all were praising them before that ...

Still SquareSoft >>>>> SquareEnix by far ...

What i don't get is how these company are going bankrupt when they sell millions of copies with every single title they put on the market ...and a lot of them being terribly bad. I mean what do they do with all that money ??

plg2307

Simply ... mostly because of this It's actually a very hard blow when you invest a lot in the process and simply end up losing 130 millions.

I personally think they didn't release the movie at the right time ... way too soon, people were not ready for this kind of technology and from the get go it scared them ( I don't remember the term for this) Not that it was good ... it was not ... but not bad to THAT point

Yeah, that was a big fudge up. It didn't have anything to do with the games, and people hadn't warmed up to the idea of a computer animated movie aimed at adults (they still kinda haven't, Beowulf didn't do so well last year) So they alienated fans of the game and most of the movie-going crowd.

If they'd made a live action adaptation of one of the games, it might have done pretty well.

nonshuhlahnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 nonshuhlahnt
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

Im gonna have to say squaresoft was so much better. Only game i enjoyed from square enix was kingdom hearts 2(except i hate disney but thats beyond the point)

Afterall squaresoft made FF7 and 8 which are by far the best final fantasy games. FF10 was pretty good too.

project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 project-exile
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts
The whole final fantasy movie was just not at the right time and I think if they did not do it square soft would have been much better off. After 10 came out that is when the real down fall started for me. I could see where they where headed and I did not like it one bit. I was never a kingdom hearts fan I just never got the appeal of those games. I really have not seen one square enix game that I have liked with the current line up. I highly doubt the employees that left square soft and square enix would return after they either got fired or just flat out quit. I really think square brought this on themselves. I sometimes they are really be hard on them employees and demand too much of there talents. I think you can really kiss the good old days behind. I used to be always excited when a new title of square soft came out I just don't get that feeling anymore. I think se has lost its touch and way as a company. One day it will bring doom to the company and they might close their doors forever.
l3laZeX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 l3laZeX3
Member since 2007 • 252 Posts

i wont say totally go down the drain BUT

Squaresoft >>>>>>>>>> SquareEnix

So far from the games released by Squaresoft compared to games released by SquareEnix

Nik_Hasri

wasn't Chrono Trigger a collaborative effort with Enix?

I'd also like to say that most of these people commenting will probably buy FF13 nonetheless. Oh the irony

project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 project-exile
Yes it was. The game was made back in 1995 when square soft and enix where seperate companies.
austin_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 austin_is_god
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts
[QUOTE="assassin517"]

Okay so I don't want to be the odd one of the bunch but..... what happenend? I am fairly new to series I only played FFX and FFXII and i thought they were great games. I didn't know the difference between SquareSoft and SquareEnix. Why did they merge? Was the FFVII and FFVIII really that great? I thought FFX was proubaly one of the best games I have ever played.

TriangleHard

The quality of Square game didn't drop because they merged with Enix.

Merger has NOTHING to do with drop in quality.

The quality of games took a hit when Square failed miserably financially when they made that movie Final Fantasy Spirits Within.

Due to that, their budget took a big hit. Thanks to that, the father of Final Fantasy Sakaguchi left.

Also due to lack of budget, many of thier games took a hit. Xenogears suffered from budget problem and ended up being published incomplete. Due to that many employees left the company, feeling insulted.

Then Square tried to start too many Final Fantasy projects at once, starting with X XI and XII. X was their normal trend, but XII ended up being too ambitious. That too ended up being not being fully completed and due to that Square lost another talented employee, Matsuno.

To make up from lack of budget, they ended up creating budget games like Final Fantasy X-2, handhelds, and remakes. Eventually that wasn't enough, and they ended up merging with Enix, so they can continue their aggressive trend in developmen, which was halted thanks to the big loss with the movies.

Thank You. Finally someone who has some sense and knows the facts about this subject instead of crying about that mythical Square quality and how Enix ruined it. Most people in this thread wouldn't even know about the games Square made when they WERE good. The PS1 games were mostly crap.

austin_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 austin_is_god
[QUOTE="Nik_Hasri"]

So far from the games released by Squaresoft compared to games released by SquareEnix

l3laZeX3

NO it was not. The only reason people think that is because Hori Yuji wrote the scenario and Toriyama Akira did the charatcer designs. The game was hailed as a combination of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, Enix had nothing to do with the game, it was wholely developed by Square, just like that crappy Mario RPG was.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#58 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

I thought the Final Fantasy movie sucked IMO

I dont know i think it would have recieved a different outcome somewhat if it wasnt called Final Fantasy because i didnt feel like i was watching something Final Fantasy related

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
SE sucks so bad, I really miss the great old FF games, now all we see are FF's (remakes, leftovers) on all consoles. If they want to bear the name FF, they should work harder on every release and stop the damn remakes. people don't like to pay for the same game twice do they?
Nik_Hasri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Nik_Hasri
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
[QUOTE="Nik_Hasri"]

l3laZeX3

I'd also like to say that most of these people commenting will probably buy FF13 nonetheless. Oh the irony

yeah i will still buy it >.<

the games arent bad or anything its just its not reaching the highs it did compared to the perivous ones...

vivi2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 vivi2000
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 were the best IMO, yeah, i miss the good ol' Squaresoft days....:cry:yungswift44

agreed to the fullest!

Have you both played the first games? , FF IV and FF VI are better, in fact FF VI is a masterpiece.

The quality didn't drop because of the merge, it started dropping after FF VII, way before the merge. To me FF VII is the last true FF game ( the ninth was still good though). I still follow the series but it doesn't feel the way it used too anymore to me. As for some people saying the SE is just after the money, I would like to remind you that Squaresoft in its time already backstabbed Nintendo, FF VII was meant to be on a Nintendo console before they left for sony's money. It's just business.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
I'm thinking, what if FF13 Versus is cancelled later and produced only as a CG movie?
Nik_Hasri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nik_Hasri
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
[QUOTE="yungswift44"]

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 were the best IMO, yeah, i miss the good ol' Squaresoft days....:cry:vivi2000

agreed to the fullest!

Have you both played the first games? , FF IV and FF VI are better, in fact FF VI is a masterpiece.

The quality didn't drop because of the merge, it started dropping after FF VII, way before the merge. To me FF VII is the last true FF game ( the ninth was still good though). I still follow the series but it doesn't feel the way it used too anymore to me. As for some people saying the SE is just after the money, I would like to remind you that Squaresoft in its time already backstabbed Nintendo, FF VII was meant to be on a Nintendo console before they left for sony's money. It's just business.

i agree that VI was a masterpeice. But i also loved X...but this is based on personal opinions so if u didnt enjoy X as much i can understand. In terms of backstabing Nintendo...i believe the reason was a little bit more than just about money...storage was an issue...so i think it was the right decision for them to move to the PS1....looking at things now u can say sony is in the same postion, blue-ray has more space than DVD....but the difference is that now its all about money...the reason they want to release the game on 360 is because there is about twice the number of ppl with the 360 compared to the PS3(in US). I mean they arent even releasing a japanese 360 version....y? cuz 360 isnt doing well there.....

Im just saying back then yes money was an issue but so was storage....but now its all about money....

and u know what....i dont blame them....it might be the right decision for SE finacially....

I think that if you wanna blame someone....blame sony for not forcing the issue(ie keeping it as exclusive)....will this hurt sony? yes it will....but Sony also have other things going their way so its not the end of the world...its not like PS3 wont get the game.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#64 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
YES! I hate SquareEnix. They've totally emasculated every single one of their RPG's now. And at least SquareSoft would give new franchises a chance, like how they started SMRPG, chrono trigger, secret of evermore, etc. Now SquEnix is all about Final Fantasy, and 'tarding it up in the favor of "OMGPRETTYGRAPHX!!1!1!"
Dante9916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 Dante9916
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts

Indeed i have played all Final Fantasys from 6 to XII.Oh no XI.

Final Fantasy X is best.

And i have played FF Tactics,Crisis Core...

And i liked Parasite Eve 2 much.

ashish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ashish2
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
btw, did anyone notice SquareEnix was not mentioned at all in Sony Press Conference? :P I think Sony's pretty pissed at SquareEnix. If they've announced it as multi-platform since the beginning - it'd be a diff matter but right before E3? sounds like backstabbing to me :PPrincecake
absolutely right. Now sony should not give a **** to them.
Avatar image for the_dark-knight
the_dark-knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 the_dark-knight
Member since 2007 • 455 Posts

Yeh, Squeenix are just going downhill completely. FFX wasn't amazing, FFXII was poor, and now I have a horrible feeling because of the 360 factor that both versions of FFXIII are going to suck.

SquareSoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.SquareEnix IMO

Foffity

You are wrong...FFX was amazing, and Square is not going anywhere for a long time. If they keep making stupid decisions, then of course, but Crisis Core, Advent Children, and Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 remake) were all great. Their home console development could use an improvement.

ashish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ashish2
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts
[QUOTE="vivi2000"][QUOTE="yungswift44"]

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 were the best IMO, yeah, i miss the good ol' Squaresoft days....:cry:Nik_Hasri

agreed to the fullest!

i agree that VI was a masterpeice. But i also loved X...but this is based on personal opinions so if u didnt enjoy X as much i can understand. In terms of backstabing Nintendo...i believe the reason was a little bit more than just about money...storage was an issue...so i think it was the right decision for them to move to the PS1....looking at things now u can say sony is in the same postion, blue-ray has more space than DVD....but the difference is that now its all about money...the reason they want to release the game on 360 is because there is about twice the number of ppl with the 360 compared to the PS3(in US). I mean they arent even releasing a japanese 360 version....y? cuz 360 isnt doing well there.....

Im just saying back then yes money was an issue but so was storage....but now its all about money....

and u know what....i dont blame them....it might be the right decision for SE finacially....

I think that if you wanna blame someone....blame sony for not forcing the issue(ie keeping it as exclusive)....will this hurt sony? yes it will....but Sony also have other things going their way so its not the end of the world...its not like PS3 wont get the game.

i dont agree its totally sony's fault. As princecake says that if they have announced or told sony about ff making multiplat than may b sony would have fulfill there money need or greed. But suddenly making this announcement at e3 is really unfair.
ffxrox2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ffxrox2
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

Squaresoft made amazing games because they put heart into it..Square Enix puts MONEY INTO it...

I wish they never merged...Musashi brave fencer is my all time favourite game...

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts
The RPGs released by the company on the SNES/PSX are better than the RPGs rleased on the PS2/DS-Lite so the answer is YES.All they do is rehash and milk Final Fantasy now.Really,FF12 was a waste of money and Square has fallen into the Abyss.Long live Level 5.
jtickner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 jtickner
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts

I'll have to agree with all the quantity over quality statements being made, recently there have been so many FF games it's hard to keep track of them all.

According to GS there are 453 SE games and 291 SS games. Big difference.

I think the newer Final Fantasy games have been removed from what Final Fantasy was. Although, the only SE game I have played is FF XII, I haven't bothered with the armada of hand-held games they seem to be so easily pumping out. I stopped playing FF XII after about 10 hours, I don't know why though, hard to put my finger on the reason or reasons why. One thing I really don't like about it is how they've removed the epic turn-based battle sytem and I doubt it's coming back in FF XIII which bums me. Does anyone actually prefer what SE did with the battles in FF XII? I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons I'm not attracted to it as much I am VII through to X. It seems to me that it's also lacking the charm and enthralling story the others possess oh so greatfuly. Just did not draw me in.

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Marked_Man
[QUOTE="yungswift44"]

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 were the best IMO, yeah, i miss the good ol' Squaresoft days....:cry:vivi2000

agreed to the fullest!

Your wrong,Nintendo went back on their word to release a CD-based console (Ultra 64) and that's why Square went to the PSX (which saved them) because they at the time did not want to jeapordize the quality of the game to fit it on a cartridge.

istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
imagine sony bought squaresoft back then....oh i can dream can't i.
Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Marked_Man
[QUOTE="Nik_Hasri"][QUOTE="vivi2000"][QUOTE="yungswift44"]

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 were the best IMO, yeah, i miss the good ol' Squaresoft days....:cry:ashish2

agreed to the fullest!

i dont agree its totally sony's fault. As princecake says that if they have announced or told sony about ff making multiplat than may b sony would have fulfill there money need or greed. But suddenly making this announcement at e3 is really unfair.

Wow this site is strict.All the MOD had to do was delete the word.No wonder people complain about this site.Retarded man!

As I said in my deleted post: I hate when people gas the overrated FF franhcise as still being important.The series has been wack since 8 and they will never make another masterpiece like FF7.I'm glad Sony did not pay anything for that sure to be disappointing FF13 (if they were even given the chance). F O R G E T (hows that MOD?) Final Fantasy.White Knight Chronicles will be the better game,just like Dark Cloud 2 & Rogue galaxy were better than any Square RPG on the PS2.I hated FF10 and 10-2 was trash.FF13 will not live up to the hype other than graphics.It's time to move on people.I'm more excited about Atlus' offering than Square-ANUS' (I can say ANUS,right?).

potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#76 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
SquareSoft was totally better.
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts

Squaresoft = FFX/KH

Square enix = FFX-2/KH2

Yes the difference is there.

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
their both square...
project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 project-exile

I'll have to agree with all the quantity over quality statements being made, recently there have been so many FF games it's hard to keep track of them all.

According to GS there are 453 SE games and 291 SS games. Big difference.

I think the newer Final Fantasy games have been removed from what Final Fantasy was. Although, the only SE game I have played is FF XII, I haven't bothered with the armada of hand-held games they seem to be so easily pumping out. I stopped playing FF XII after about 10 hours, I don't know why though, hard to put my finger on the reason or reasons why. One thing I really don't like about it is how they've removed the epic turn-based battle sytem and I doubt it's coming back in FF XIII which bums me. Does anyone actually prefer what SE did with the battles in FF XII? I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons I'm not attracted to it as much I am VII through to X. It seems to me that it's also lacking the charm and enthralling story the others possess oh so greatfuly. Just did not draw me in.

jtickner

I really tried playing final fantasy 12 but I just could not get into it. It did not even feel like a final fantasy game at all. I think it was the battle system and how no matter what you do the enemies would keep chasing you. With a previous posted has said that I agree with is that final fantasy 6 was one square softs best games that was ever released. I love the story, music, characters, etc. For me after final fantasy 10 came out after that point it never seemed to be any good games coming from square enix. I really have to agree with sakaguchi san they should have stopped with 10 and then create a new series. A game series can only go so far until it gets over done. Look what se has done with the final fantasy series spin off remakes and upgrades galore of the ff series. That might be all fine and dandy but that is not what fans want. I really think square enix is more focused on shelving out more money than talent. A lot of the games just don't seem fun anymore. I am starting to lose my faithful devotion of square enix. I have been playing final fantasy games since 1991. I wish and hope that ff 13 will bring back the magic I so want and pray for.

yung_slym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 yung_slym
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
I'd have to say the last good FF game was X. It was a masterpiece in my opinion. If you ejected the disc from my PS3 right now, FF Tactics will pop out.
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 were the best IMO, yeah, i miss the good ol' Squaresoft days....:cry:Abicus7

Chrono Cross.. Xenogears... Einhander...

I did enjoy FFXII though.
austin_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 austin_is_god

I'd have to say the last good FF game was X. It was a masterpiece in my opinion. If you ejected the disc from my PS3 right now, FF Tactics will pop out. yung_slym

Tactics isn't really a Square game. It was made by Quest who made Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre. It is really just a continuation of the "Ogre" saga but with the FF name tacked on (and some FF elements added) to make it sell more. IMO Tactics Ogre was better than FF Tactics.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#83 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

[QUOTE="yung_slym"]I'd have to say the last good FF game was X. It was a masterpiece in my opinion. If you ejected the disc from my PS3 right now, FF Tactics will pop out. austin_is_god

Tactics isn't really a Square game. It was made by Quest who made Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre. It is really just a continuation of the "Ogre" saga but with the FF name tacked on (and some FF elements added) to make it sell more. IMO Tactics Ogre was better than FF Tactics.

I personally prefer FF Tactics over Tactic Ogre.

Although I think the game would've been MUCH more interesting if main character was Delita, not Ramza.

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Squaresoft = secreat of Mana. Squareenix = Final fantasy my life as a king. Says it all really
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TriangleHard

Squaresoft = secreat of Mana. Squareenix = Final fantasy my life as a king. Says it all reallyJustWiicredible

Don't you mean queen?

Last time a Final Fantasy main character became a king is Final Fantasy IV.

Unless you consider Edgar main character of Final Fantasy VI.

project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 project-exile
Ah yes final fantasy 6 edgar was a cool king. He was sneaky using a double sided coin. I hope ff 6 gets the same treatment as ff 4 for the ds is getting. Pretty sure it will happen.
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

FF 1 - IX were the Ish! The gameplay and especially the stories were top notch. SqaureSoft really put lots of heart and ambition into there work. They've made many classics that were just plain fun and really detailed with there characters/dialogues through out some amazing and awesome stories.

From FFX & on.....well.....they just don't have that fantasy opened WORLD/STORY, where everything seems so breathtaking, heart pounding, magical, and emotion moments like all the others..

I miss the PSX days too... :cry:

KuraudoKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 KuraudoKiller
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
The onl good game that square-enix have released was starocean and FF the rest games were rubbish like DQ its totally stupid game even ff4 was much greater than DQ.I hope the next FFs would be greater than FF12.I didnt like much coz i was more like a delayed action game than the awesome FF rpg-style
austin_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 austin_is_god

Ah yes final fantasy 6 edgar was a cool king. He was sneaky using a double sided coin. I hope ff 6 gets the same treatment as ff 4 for the ds is getting. Pretty sure it will happen. project-exile

I will cry if a masterpiece like FFVI gets remade for the damn DS with those ugly "N64 minus filters" graphics. That game deserves a proper remake damn it.

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
I meant the dreadful WiiWare game. Why square has to dilute the brand in this way. 'sighs'
big7boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 big7boss
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts

Squaresoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Squareenix

Has anyone noticed that the majority of games squareenix releases now are.........re-releases of old final fantasies for ds (along with other OLD ip's)! I mean off the top of my head i can't name to you an original/good game from them in the past 2 years. The last true final fantasy was FINAL FANTASY 10.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I liked the first 7 Final Fantasy games quite a bit, and didn't really like any after that... though I didn't play XII. I'll still get XIII, but my expectations are set accordingly (i.e. at the middle of the road).
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
Squaresoft released Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross!! They automatically win this. Square Enix has FFXII which is a pretty b*tchin' fun game.
Nerosage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Nerosage
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Square Soft was better...

Their stuff has lost its "magic" ever since enix came in.

I don't have any hopes for their upcoming stuff...

Except final fantasy versus 13.

Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

[QUOTE="Mongo-Boss"]Square-Enix hasn't made one single game that stounds out or is half as good as Squaresoft's were. 5 Levels is the way to go since Square-Enix took over.TriangleHard

Enix side still pumped up quality games like Valkyrie Profile 2. Also what did 5 levels make outside of Enix? White Knight Story looks good, but I won't say it's good until I play it. Rogue Galaxy was pretty poor in my book.

As long as Tri-Ace is under Enix and Yuuji Horii is still employed by Enix, they should still be king of the hill.

Dragon Quest VIII and Dark Cloud 2

I hated VP2, the first was a far better game and other than Radiata which was ok I didn't like any of Tri-Ace's games last gen.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TriangleHard
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"]

[QUOTE="Mongo-Boss"]Square-Enix hasn't made one single game that stounds out or is half as good as Squaresoft's were. 5 Levels is the way to go since Square-Enix took over.Mongo-Boss

Enix side still pumped up quality games like Valkyrie Profile 2. Also what did 5 levels make outside of Enix? White Knight Story looks good, but I won't say it's good until I play it. Rogue Galaxy was pretty poor in my book.

As long as Tri-Ace is under Enix and Yuuji Horii is still employed by Enix, they should still be king of the hill.

Dragon Quest VIII and Dark Cloud 2

I hated VP2, the first was a far better game and other than Radiata which was ok I didn't like any of Tri-Ace's games last gen.

I won't give too much credit to 5 Levels for Dragon Quest VIII.

After all Yuuji Horii was once again in charge of Dragon Quest game, and Akira Toriyama did the art work.

As for Tri-Ace, yeah they slipped a little last gen. Star Ocean 3 was quite poor and Radiata story also was poor. Still I consider Valkyrie Profile 2 great. First was also great, but both games are quite different. I like them both for different reasons but I think 2nd game did quite good job following up from first game.

I wouldn't consider Dark Cloud 2 good enough to have 5 Levels be king of the hill when it comes to JRPG. I'd rather put Nippon Ichi on that hill instead.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
SquareSoft was better, no doubt about that. But I agree. A lot of these characters look simular. But I guess they're also completely relying on the metrosexual trend crap.
rpgfreak15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rpgfreak15
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
Personally, Squaresoft made better games...think about it, they were revolutionary in my books. I liked X and XII, but disliked X-2...but Final Fantasy rarely disappoints...so it's hard to say.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#99 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I think any true FF fan will agree with me, Squaresoft > Square Enix. We dont even have to go as far as FFVII and the PSone titles, lets go back to Final Fantasy 6. That game was epic.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#100 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

Yeh, Squeenix are just going downhill completely. FFX wasn't amazing, FFXII was poor, and now I have a horrible feeling because of the 360 factor that both versions of FFXIII are going to suck.

SquareSoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.SquareEnix IMO

Foffity
agreed 100%. i have not played a great FF agme sence 9