So, now that we know the length of MG:Ground Zero are you still willing to pay for it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

Edited By MarcRecon

Poll So, now that we know the length of MG:Ground Zero are you still willing to pay for it? (46 votes)

Yes no problem! 22%
A glorified, no thanks! 48%
I'm still on the fence! 26%

Since that's the time of a straight play-through I'm not sure, I want to see what extra's the demo will include. What about you guys?

• 
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm sorry about option 2's typo, I tried to edit it but it should have said "glorified demo".

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I take a long, long time to get through stealth games, so I'm not worried one bit. Plus I'm getting it digitally, so $30 for 5 hours is fine by me. Hell, it will probably last me 7 the crazy way I play. And let's all remember reviewers wanting to get a scoop out pronto hustle through these things.

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

i was almost sure i was gonna get it but finding out the campaign length is around 2hrs im not so sure. $30-$40 is too expensive for 2hrs worth of campaign. ill definitely wait to hear what people think about it and even if its good i might hold out for it to go on sale

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

I'm staying the hell away from it. A 2 hour demo at the price of nearly a full priced game? Hell no. And if this sells well which it will because people are so gullible to be believe this is actually a full retail game experience then Konami will get some bat shit crazy idea that this should common practice. Chip out a small portion of their game and sell more full priced demos. If anyone actually wants that, they're crazy. This is obviously a test for Konami and the consumer are their lab rats.

Hopefully this game has a negative effect on the real game's sales, phantom pain and the gullible ones think they're buying another demo thus straying a way from buying it.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im still on the fence. Ill wait a few days after its released and hear what the community thinks of it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MarcRecon

@Crossel777 said:

I'm staying the hell away from it. A 2 hour demo at the price of nearly a full priced game? Hell no. And if this sells well which it will because people are so gullible to be believe this is actually a full retail game experience then Konami will get some bat shit crazy idea that this should common practice. Chip out a small portion of their game and sell more full priced demos. If anyone actually wants that, they're crazy. This is obviously a test for Konami and the consumer are their lab rats.

Hopefully this game has a negative effect on the real game's sales, phantom pain and the gullible ones think they're buying another demo thus straying a way from buying it.

In a way I kinda agree because if gamers buy into this, I see more companies adopting this practice to get even more money out of our pockets.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarcRecon

@marcheegsr said:

Im still on the fence. Ill wait a few days after its released and hear what the community thinks of it.

Agreed, I'll wait and hear what gamers have to say and see what other bonuses it might have.

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rockinpapa
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

What may possibly be a reason for such a short gameplay?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

No way will I buy that, milking at its finest. Love how Kojima always says "this is the last MGS, I'm done", to only keep making more.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Hell no, I wonder of this disgusting length is including the cutscenes, I would want to hope not, if that is the case, the gameplay time would be measurable in minutes, it would only have one hour of gameplay at the most.

Assuming it is not including the cutscenes, I am not surprised and I struggle to see how anyone else is surprised, Metal Gear Solid 4 only had 4-5 hours of gameplay when the cutscenes were skipped, yet since everyone jumped on board the Story Whore Express, everyone was too delusional to see that. It may be half price but it's still not worth it for that little gameplay, in the same manner as Metal Gear Solid 4 was never worth anything close to it's original price tag. I wonder if this includes an online mode where you have to pay real money for extra content rather than unlocking and where you have to pay real money for something as basic as a new character slot (CoD and sports games may be cash grabbers but Metal Gear Solid is no better).

I am just going to sit back and watch every game critic give this a 10/10 and every gamer call it a masterpiece and think how gameplay has fallen and the gaming industry is dying.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

It depends on how much side content there is. And assuming it's two hours of gameplay and not cut scenes, but I imagine this one won't have too much of those.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I picked on the fence although on my post I said I would buy the game but for $20 on digital buy for ps4 with my $10 gift voucher I got when I got my ps4

Just think about it. Mist games juice you now with all t he expansion packs although I never buy them except for uncharted.

I have a love hate of hideo how he brags of deceiving his fans and lying that he will never do another mgs. I never trust what he says for the last 5-8 yrs now. I do think he is a genius story teller but he acts like a antiman to me.

The open world of phantom pain and being able to skip cutscenes are big to me plus the curscenes are suppose to be a lot shorter and more gameplay. I still will wait for a few reviews before buying the demo called mgs ground zero. I just hope that the extras in the demo will make the game longer and the gameplay is a full 2 hrs not including cutscenes.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

A big fat NO. I may not even pick it up if it becomes £5 lol. Just read the story on Wikipedia and move on

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

the demo to mgs2 was less then 20mins long

i got more 20 hours out of it, just screwing with the guards and doing what solid snake does

ill surely be getting it, ive paid more for less, as long as its a quality 2hours, itll be worth the money in my eyes.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

It really depends. If I get it for 30.00 on the PS4 or even find a used copy then sure. But I won't spend 40.00

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

It depends if it's actually two hours. We're only getting this from one report, and the game isn't even out yet. For 40$, if the game stretches out closer to five or six hours, that's sadly about on par with modern gaming prices. Most single player action games are about 8 hours for 60$.

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

A big no thanks I'm skipping this one, I'll wait for the full real game.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Kojima can suck my left nut. Guy is a space cadet.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Buying it day one

ShangTsung7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShangTsung7
Member since 2014 • 250 Posts

a MGS game with a length no longer than a COD campaign, never thought i'd see that. uh.. not no but HELL NO!

gargungulunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#21 gargungulunk
Member since 2011 • 736 Posts

I still see this entry as a tech-demo+story; so I'm in no rush to get it. I'll see what the price is closer to the real game.

Kojima himself has stated that he's not wanting to be known for Metal Gear, so he has to install the notion that he's still willing to deliver on what he's started...before a $40 money grab.

(that said, I'm getting MGS:V upon release)

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i do not remember how much i had paid for gt 5 prologue, but i would much rather have the mgs for around 15 - 20 usd (still on the fence)... :)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Nope not getting it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MarcRecon

@hitmanactual said:

Kojima can suck my left nut. Guy is a space cadet.

lol...we might be related, that sounds like something one of my relatives would have said!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MarcRecon

@11_17_06 said:

A big no thanks I'm skipping this one, I'll wait for the full real game.

Depending on what gamers have to say once the demo releases, I might be doing the same thing. But over at the PSU they are reporting that the full game could slip into the later part of 2015!

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I will buy A game that will last me 20+hours for $20

Will get the inevitable MGS5 complete edition.

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

@MarcRecon:

Really ? Hideo is really starting to kill my vibe, but for now the only thing we can do is wait & see what will unfold. Video games company needs to stop talking advantage of customers, like really 30 $ for a 2 hours demo ? I would shell out that money with no problem, if it was a 7 to 8 hours. I truly hope Konami doesn't become another cash cons.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Not at that price.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i rent it

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Preordering this. If there is a collector's edition announced like the one in Japan, I'm all in.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Like I said before a digital ps4 I would get for $20 with my $10 coupon from buying ps4. Now knowing the game is coming out in 2015 or 2016 I will definitely buy the game. I read the article about the potential release date. Now if mgs5 come out late this yr ,which is the time of the yr mgs game normally come out, I will lose it. I will rant ever chance I get on getting shitted on for and duped when I could have waited a few more months. I would very highly likely buy a used game.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

if Kojima wanted to gracefully show us an epilogue chapter, he could have made it free, or heck under 10 dollars

i LOVE the mgs series and Kojima, but he has seriously fucked up with this, if anything i will watch the whole story on youtube or may just purchase the cheapest version possible on last gen

for those who will spend $40 on this plus $60 on phantom pain well then you are a complete fool!

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@WR_Platinum said:

Preordering this. If there is a collector's edition announced like the one in Japan, I'm all in.

you are everything that is wrong with the gaming industry today, like fish in a sea and Kojima is putting in his special sensitive piece in the sea for the bait

imagine the tanker episode in MGS2 being sold for $40 at the time with the rest of the Plant being a stand alone game

or even MGS3 Operation Virtuous Mission being a $20 - $40 game

Kojima knows their are foolish people out their who don't value their money like the user above, so he can grab money easily like this, well done everyone, expect situations like this to get even worse in years to come

good job wr platinum.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I don't think I was ever going to buy it. MGS4 turned me off the series.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MarcRecon

@GrayF0X786 said:

@WR_Platinum said:

you are everything that is wrong with the gaming industry today, like fish in a sea and Kojima is putting in his special sensitive piece in the sea for the bait

imagine the tanker episode in MGS2 being sold for $40 at the time with the rest of the Plant being a stand alone game

or even MGS3 Operation Virtuous Mission being a $20 - $40 game

Kojima knows their are foolish people out their who don't value their money like the user above, so he can grab money easily like this, well done everyone, expect situations like this to get even worse in years to come

good job wr platinum.

Wow, it seems that the true gamers that fuel this industry have spoken!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MarcRecon

@GrayF0X786 said:

if Kojima wanted to gracefully show us an epilogue chapter, he could have made it free, or heck under 10 dollars

i LOVE the mgs series and Kojima, but he has seriously fucked up with this, if anything i will watch the whole story on youtube or may just purchase the cheapest version possible on last gen

for those who will spend $40 on this plus $60 on phantom pain well then you are a complete fool!

At one time I considerd Kojima a REAL artist but now I don't think he's any better then a corporate tool.

don_bidarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 don_bidarian
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts

I love MGS series, huge fan, but this is a BIG NO from me.

I will get it if the price of disk version drops to 20.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

$20 is my limit for a physical copy on ps4

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i have been on the fence about purchasing mgs: gz, but i reckon i will give it a shot... the reasons:

i have never been a huge fan of the series, i have bought mgs 4 when it was released and it was too limiting and too scripted (i know, what was i thinking), since i had been spoiled with open world games... i never got myself to complete the game, it was a very good game and it had the best graphics i had seen to that date...

now mgs is going (according to the developers) open world and this is a game changer... i do not think that it is that only for me but for everyone who has an interest in games and in mgs particularly... i view the mgs: gz as a tech demo and barracks for the mgs fans, where they can check if the game is developing according to their taste and get familiar with the new mechanics... if i like the prequel, then i know for sure that i am going to get the new and full game when it's released, if i do not like it it means that i have saved about 30 usd (ok 29.99), since i will not be purchasing mgs; pp, when it is released, as opposed to impulse buying it... :)

on the other hand if i do like the new gameplay and the open world mechanics, i would feel myself more at home when the new game is released, so in my humble opinion it is a win - win situation for me... :)

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I got a voucher from a game shop for Christmas so I've pre ordered it.

Got to remember there is more to do than the main story, I'll be getting it but if I didn't have a voucher id be waiting for reviews before buying

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MarcRecon

@bezza2011 said:

Got to remember there is more to do than the main story, I'll be getting it but if I didn't have a voucher id be waiting for reviews before buying

Yeah, I can't see how anybody can go wrong by waiting to see what actual gamers have to say about GZ before they buy it.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Young_Charter

Either way, its a MGS game so. . . . lol

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@bezza2011 said:

Yeah, I can't see how anybody can go wrong by waiting to see what actual gamers have to say about GZ before they buy it.

I just think alot of people are jumping the gun on one preview suggesting the main story is 2hours, but I'm sure a few days before we was getting word it was 4 hours long, I mean the price is steep but at the end of the day we haven't seen what is on offer were going off a single preview which in fact if you forget how long, they actually loved the game. So why everyone is so against it before they even know whats what, is crazy, but thats the internet for you.

but $40 is alot of money, just wait and see is the best bet. I wish i wated but i have already pre ordered infamous second son, so mgs is the only game out that month for ps4.

is there anything else coming out does anyone know, for ps4, i haven't got a ps3 anymore shame, really wanted south park.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MarcRecon

@bezza2011 said:

@MarcRecon said:

@bezza2011 said:

I just think alot of people are jumping the gun on one preview suggesting the main story is 2hours, but I'm sure a few days before we was getting word it was 4 hours long, I mean the price is steep but at the end of the day we haven't seen what is on offer were going off a single preview which in fact if you forget how long, they actually loved the game. So why everyone is so against it before they even know whats what, is crazy, but thats the internet for you.

but $40 is alot of money, just wait and see is the best bet. I wish i wated but i have already pre ordered infamous second son, so mgs is the only game out that month for ps4.

is there anything else coming out does anyone know, for ps4, i haven't got a ps3 anymore shame, really wanted south park.

The only thing worth while that's coming out anytime soon for the PS4 is the stand alone DLC for Assassins Creed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

No, I will not purchase Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, I may purchase Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, but I will never get the other one.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No thanks

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Young_Charter

@MarcRecon said:

@bezza2011 said:

@MarcRecon said:

@bezza2011 said:

The only thing worth while that's coming out anytime soon for the PS4 is the stand alone DLC for Assassins Creed.

Yeah. Im not touching Tomb Raider or Thief until they are used or cheaper. During the first year of PS4 you have to be VERY SKEPTICAL on what you purchase. But, I will feel comfortable spending 14.99 on a AC game before I spend another 60.00 again. Then again PSN+ and the Free 2 Play titles are keeping me very occupied.