So I finally got my platinum...

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts
So I just got my first platinum in Uncharted and damn it was brutal but I finally got it. Sorry, but had to brag a little. Anyone else got a platinum or two? What or which games?
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts

I don't yet. Trophies are lame. They're a flat-out rip-off of Achievements and there's absolutely no sense of accomplishment in getting them to me. I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, but even a Sony fanboy would know that.

Stil, I do have quite a bit of trophies, though not many of them were intentional.

savinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 savinger
Member since 2007 • 1309 Posts

I don't yet. Trophies are lame. They're a flat-out rip-off of Achievements and there's absolutely no sense of accomplishment in getting them to me. I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, but even a Sony fanboy would know that.

Stil, I do have quite a bit of trophies, though not many of them were intentional.

Tikicobra
Brag? Bragging about a virtual item is stupid and should be blog.Ultrabeatdown55
Wow, way to be ***es. Congrats Conman, Platinums are no easy feat.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i only go for trophies once ive beaten a game a certain amount of times then when it loses its 'fun-ness' with the exception of few like uncharted..love the game.. going for platinum as we speak.. Got my cod:waw platinum
mjk400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mjk400
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts
I'm currently working on getting the Platinum for Resistance 2. The 10,000 kill trophy and collecting all the intel on coopertive may take me awile. Also going to attempt to get the Platinum for Socom.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Nice job man, Uncharted is a fairly tough game to get a platinum in. Ive got my only one in LBP, I've got 100% with the MGS Pack
Big_D_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Big_D_34
Member since 2008 • 209 Posts
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]

savinger
Brag? Bragging about a virtual item is stupid and should be blog.Ultrabeatdown55
Wow, way to be ***es. yeah what he said thats cool im working on mine but damn those treasures are hard to find, and im not a fandboy i own a 360 and ps3 and i just like to play good games and its cool being rewarded by playing games i think , just have fun you anyways keep on gaming gamers and god bless! Congrats Conman, Platinums are no easy feat.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
[QUOTE="Tikicobra"]

savinger
Wow, way to be ***es. Congrats Conman, Platinums are no easy feat.

I am not saying I do not enjoy earning trophies, I just find no need to tell a gaming forum.
savinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 savinger
Member since 2007 • 1309 Posts

I am not saying I do not enjoy earning trophies, I just find no need to tell a gaming forum.Ultrabeatdown55
And I can find no reason to tell a gaming forum that there is no reason to discuss gaming achievements.

Edit: Fixed quote tag.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]I am not saying I do not enjoy earning trophies, I just find no need to tell a gaming forum.savinger

And I can find no reason to tell a gaming forum that there is no reason to discuss gaming achievements.

Edit: Fixed quote tag.

Because we are not discussing games. We are discussing the TC about bragging.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I'll NEVER get a Platinum.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I'll NEVER get a Platinum.rockguy92

play lbp alot, and you got one;)

Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
I will never get a platinum.
Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts
I have 3 Platinums, 1 in Uncharted, 1 in Burnout: Paradise and 1 in Call of Duty: World at War.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I hope that you actually had fun.I mean what is the point of playing a game to get a virtual nothing if you are not having any fun with it.And I agree with ultra beatdown.Bragging about something you did in a VIDEO GAME is pretty dumb.And Bragging about Trophies is even worst.This day in age of gaming is terrible....
batsy4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 batsy4life
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts
I bought Uncharted couple weeks ago and once I put in, there was a software update (at the time, I thought it could be trophy related) but skipped it cause I didnt want to waste time and played instantly. Can you do something with the trophies? Bought my PS3 a few months aggo and always wondered about trophies (currently have zero:oops: )BTW, nice job. Along with the fun from Uncharted, you get rewarded for kickin serious ass, kinda jealous ;).
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 K1LLR3175
Most of the time Trophies don't do anything at all.I heard that in Resistance 2 they unlock in game game stuff.But to me they are still a big waste of time.And nobody should be bragging about something as minuscule as that.
wigz411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wigz411
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts

Most of the time Trophies don't do anything at all.I heard that in Resistance 2 they unlock in game game stuff.But to me they are still a big waste of time.And nobody should be bragging about something as minuscule as that.K1LLR3175

Lol talk about being over the top. I don't get why if someone doesn't like something ie trophies they have to make such a big deal of it. I personally love collecting trophies and shock horror I enjoy playing the game whilst doing so. Its good to see people being pleased with what they achieved. Im so close to getting the 100% on fallout 3 then will be trying Uncharted 1 more time.

Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#20 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts
I'm going for platinum in Resistance 2
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 K1LLR3175
here is nothing over the top about my post.If I had said 'OMFGBBQ TROPHIES ARE STUPID' now that would be over the top.But I don't understand how people can brag about video games and or trophies.What is the point.I never said liking them was dumb or trying to go for them was dumb.But don't come on here bragging about it.If it makes you happy then so be it,but really don't go bragging about something and don't expect to get any backlash from it.As I stated before.NOBODY should be bragging about unlocking trophies.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Yeah, sooooo... I know most people here will know that I'm on the side that doesn't care about trophies, buuuuuut...

I'm going for platinum on Mirror's Edge. It's the first game I've played this generation that really feels like it deserves that much of my attention. I'm not doing it for the sake of trophy whoring, I'm doing it because I. Love. That. Game.

Most trophies I earn just happen while I play, but Mirror's Edge is different.

Halfway through my first play-through I stopped and started over because I realized there was a trophy for going through the entire game without shooting anyone (Test of Faith). Well, I just beat the game and I got the trophy so I'm pretty much at the point of no return.

Mirror's Edge will be my first and last platinum game (not counting Bayonetta).

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 K1LLR3175
Like I said what ever makes you happy.But to me.I really don't see why you had to start over just to get one trophy.You can love a game and still play it the way YOU want to.See that is another thing that I hate about trophies and achievements.For people that get to into them,the game dev is pretty much telling you how to play the game.So instead of you going through Mirrors edge as you see fit,you had to go through the game not firing a bullet from a gun.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

Tikicobra
who cares? Thats like me saying Microsoft stole the console idea from sony so nobody should buy the xbox.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I don't have any platinums yet but I'm thinking about going for the one in Resistance 2. The only problem is the Gold Trophy you get for 10,000 ranked kills- after a month I barely have over 1,000.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Scianix-Black

Like I said what ever makes you happy.But to me.I really don't see why you had to start over just to get one trophy.You can love a game and still play it the way YOU want to.See that is another thing that I hate about trophies and achievements.For people that get to into them,the game dev is pretty much telling you how to play the game.So instead of you going through Mirrors edge as you see fit,you had to go through the game not firing a bullet from a gun.K1LLR3175

True, but actually, it was a nice challenge, especially since I hate challenges. I always play games on the easiest difficulty first so long as it doesn't extract from the overall story and experience itself.

Mirror's Edge to me is just one of those rare gems that I can't just play. I can play it, beat it, but I still won't feel full. Maybe this is what trophy whores feel about all games, but I'm only feeling it on this one.

Remember the feeling you got at the end of MGS4 after you beat it, and you knew there was really nothing left, but yous till wanted more?

That's basically how I feel about Mirror's Edge.

You tend to get the same feeling about movies or books that are really well done; the world is set up so well that you just want to get lost in it, even after it's all over.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 K1LLR3175
No.MGS4 was a good game but damn I was kinda glad when it was over cause those cutscenes....woo doggy.Anyway.I do see what you are saying and hey if going through a game unlocking trophies make you happy then so be it.Just don't make a post about how you are bragging about doing it.And you better damn sure not make a post telling me that I have made an over the top post......Wigz.
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
No none yet, because I don't really find it fun to play a game once I've found out what happens.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Scianix-Black

No.MGS4 was a good game but damn I was kinda glad when it was over cause those cutscenes....woo doggy.Anyway.I do see what you are saying and hey if going through a game unlocking trophies make you happy then so be it.Just don't make a post about how you are bragging about doing it.And you better damn sure not make a post telling me that I have made an over the top post......Wigz.K1LLR3175

Ahhhh, don't worry. I don't brag. This is more for self-satisfaction than anything else.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
Well, I think Trophies and Achievements are a neat little addition to games. Sure they may not have any use over and above just unlocking them (well, some might, but most don't) but they boost the longevity of your games and give you thing to aim for and collect. :)
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
Well, I think Trophies and Achievements are a neat little addition to games. Sure they may not have any use over and above just unlocking them (well, some might, but most don't) but they boost the longevity of your games and give you thing to aim for and collect. :)luke1889
I agree, I usually will just play the game normally the first few times, then go for the trophies. The only thing this method sucks for is RPGs.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Scianix-Black

lol^ Hey, you're in the same union as me.

The ska guy, I mean.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 luke1889
[QUOTE="luke1889"]Well, I think Trophies and Achievements are a neat little addition to games. Sure they may not have any use over and above just unlocking them (well, some might, but most don't) but they boost the longevity of your games and give you thing to aim for and collect. :)TelcharXI
I agree, I usually will just play the game normally the first few times, then go for the trophies. The only thing this method sucks for is RPGs.

Precisely, that's what I do as well. Going to do that on Prince of Persia and then Mirror's Edge and LBP when I actually complete them. :P
Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
I got the Uncharted and the LBP one in about a week each, need 8000 online kills for Resistance's
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 luke1889

lol^ Hey, you're in the same union as me.

The ska guy, I mean.

Scianix-Black

Too right. :lol:

I was one of the original members. :P

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
i want to go platinum in my games but there are some trophy's that i will never try to get ...no matter what. good job though... i always try to compare my trophy's with others on-line and no one ever has any...lol
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
Got the Platinums in Uncharted, Burnout and Fallout 3 so far. Next one will probably be Skate 2.
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
I got a platinum for Midnight Club: Los Angeles and I need to beat Uncharted on crushing again so I can get a platinum for that.
-Rinder-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Rinder-
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
I have platinum in Uncharted, Rock Band 2, Call of Duty World at War, and I almost have Resistance 2.
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts
You people are just bragging.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts
I only got one Platinum, Quantum of Solace's (a good game)
wigz411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wigz411
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts

No.MGS4 was a good game but damn I was kinda glad when it was over cause those cutscenes....woo doggy.Anyway.I do see what you are saying and hey if going through a game unlocking trophies make you happy then so be it.Just don't make a post about how you are bragging about doing it.And you better damn sure not make a post telling me that I have made an over the top post......Wigz.K1LLR3175

Lol you take things way to serious. Sorry if i made you cry :)

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts
people dont hate, congrats on the Platinum piece
SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts
this forum is for everybody. they can brag about whatever they want and say whatever they want about your posts. if you don't like people having that right i think you're in the wrong place. but anyways congradulations to the poster for that uncharted platinum, hope i eventually get a plat. =]
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts
i got platinum for uncharted and burnout paradise, almost got it for Dead Space and LBP
Achaean728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 Achaean728
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts
Whats with all the hate on the TC for posting that he got a platinum? He had fun playing the game (obviously), he did something that is apparently really challenging and successfully accomplished his goal. Now all he's doing is telling us about his accomplishment because he's obviously proud of what he did. I see nothing wrong with that. I sense some jealousy among the bashers... Anyways, congrats to you TC! I will probably never get a platinum, I usually dont really have the patience or desire to play a game over and over.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 K1LLR3175

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]No.MGS4 was a good game but damn I was kinda glad when it was over cause those cutscenes....woo doggy.Anyway.I do see what you are saying and hey if going through a game unlocking trophies make you happy then so be it.Just don't make a post about how you are bragging about doing it.And you better damn sure not make a post telling me that I have made an over the top post......Wigz.wigz411

Ok hahaha.Yeah everybody he made me cry on a forum.Trophy Unlocked Noob killer right...yeah right.And Smashing.people can say what they want about anything,but I think...no I know that it is pathetic that one would need to brag about something as little a OMG I got 10,000 kills in resistance shower me with your envy or I got a platinum and you didn't.
SmashingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SmashingX
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts
[QUOTE="wigz411"]

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]No.MGS4 was a good game but damn I was kinda glad when it was over cause those cutscenes....woo doggy.Anyway.I do see what you are saying and hey if going through a game unlocking trophies make you happy then so be it.Just don't make a post about how you are bragging about doing it.And you better damn sure not make a post telling me that I have made an over the top post......Wigz.K1LLR3175

Ok hahaha.Yeah everybody he made me cry on a forum.Trophy Unlocked Noob killer right...yeah right.And Smashing.people can say what they want about anything,but I think...no I know that it is pathetic that one would need to brag about something as little a OMG I got 10,000 kills in resistance shower me with your envy or I got a platinum and you didn't.

he never really bragged too much, he was just kind of conducting a survey to see how many of his fellow gamers had been that lucky, and he apologized in the case that people take it as him rubbing it in. i must have over looked the part where he claimed to be the almighty Noob Killer and said "Haha I have a platinum and you don't." My bad.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 K1LLR3175
[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="wigz411"]

SmashingX

he never really bragged too much, he was just kind of conducting a survey to see how many of his fellow gamers had been that lucky, and he apologized in the case that people take it as him rubbing it in. i must have over looked the part where he claimed to be the almighty Noob Killer and said "Haha I have a platinum and you don't." My bad.

I was not talking about him I was talking about wigz who 'Claimed' to have made me cry on a Forum.
Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts
Trophies aren't a bad thing. They add longevity and replay value to a game you might have otherwise already been done with. As long as you don't ruin your first play through(s) trying to get trophies along the way. Save them for something to do later.