so, did you buy Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

djvj_y2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 djvj_y2k
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
it's all the craze now and hype, did you buy it?, or will you?, or no interest at all? As for me, i didn't buy the game but it looks great with beautiful story, and "rare" as they say, because they say it's jrpg / old school rpg style. the hype is contagious and got me intrigued but i'm not sure if i will submit to my temptation to impulse buy LoL. i Loved final fantasy 7 btw, the battle system and roaming around with random enemy encounters looks similar to ff7.
Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

I had it pre-ordered but it just shipped today. So... I have no opinion I guess.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
hasnt come out yet in australia.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
no thanks
-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I might get it this weekend or in the next couple of weeks, not sure yet did play the demo for the game and liked it alot.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

It's awesome. I almost didn't buy it as well because I wasn't sure if it was just a kid's game, but I'm so glad I bought it. It's fun for all ages. Trust me, I'm 40.

It makes my Top 5 of this generation for sure, and I've played just about everything that's good this generation (think I've played just about everything that Gamespot's given an 8+ to, except sports games, which I used to love when EA made polished sports games, but that's another story!).

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

If you're at all interested in JRPGs this is cream-of-the-crop-style RPG! I'm enjoying it and it's probably the best JRPG I've played since Final Fantasy 12 or Dragon Quest 8.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

My Wizard Edition if FINALLY shipping, so Ill let you guys know when I get it....

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#9 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I have no idea what it is or what kind of game it is, so I'm not interested.
Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

I bought it and must say its very likely it will be my favorite game this gen. I havent enjoyed playimg a game this much since I was a kid. I love games like Demons Souls and the Elder Scrolls...but the enjoyment Im getting out of this game hasnt been rivaled since playing games as a child auch as Pokemon Blue, Monster Rancher 2 and Final Fantasy 7. Its truly a shame to those who choose not to pick this game up because it "looks Kiddy" its truly a masterpiece...but its their loss

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

No because it really isn't my cup of tea (a lot of great games aren't). I might for my kid though. She loves these kinds of games.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
I have no idea what it is or what kind of game it is, so I'm not interested.SoNin360
Ignorance is a good excuse for missing AAA games nowadays??
EastMagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 EastMagi
Member since 2012 • 141 Posts

it's all the craze now and hype, did you buy it?, or will you?, or no interest at all? As for me, i didn't buy the game but it looks great with beautiful story, and "rare" as they say, because they say it's jrpg / old school rpg style. the hype is contagious and got me intrigued but i'm not sure if i will submit to my temptation to impulse buy LoL. i Loved final fantasy 7 btw, the battle system and roaming around with random enemy encounters looks similar to ff7.djvj_y2k

That's what I thought too....that it was all the craze and hype now, until I went to my local Best Buy store and they only had 1 in stock, and that wasn't even because they were sold out. They didnt think the game was gonna be popular so they only ordered 3 copies, 2 of which were for people who pre-ordered so essentially they only stocked 1 copy for retail. LOL. Needless to say, I grabbed their only copy and loving every minute of it. The Best Buy clerk even had the nerve to ask me if I was buying it for my younger sibling, niece or nephew and I had to explain that it was for me - it's by Studio Ghibli dammit! But unfortunately, even the clerk never heard of Studio Ghibli. It was like being in an alternate parallel universe, just like what happened to Oliver in this game LOL. Anyway, this game is awesome. The graphics are gorgeous and the storyline is very endearing. The battle system is something to get used to because it didn't quite make a very good impression on me the first time, but we'll see.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
No I haven't bought it yet, but I play to. I got a PC to finish building first. So seeing I am waiting, I will just wait til it drops to $20.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

The game is absolutely fantastic. It's shaping out to be the best JRPG this gen, which isn't saying much, but it blows everything else out of the water.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Pre-ordered it and hate having to go to bed/work. Haven't enjoyed a JRPG this much since Dragon Quest VIII. When it was first announced it was instant buy in my mind because of Studio Ghibli.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#17 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Going to buy it sometime before the year is over. It looks good.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The game is absolutely fantastic. It's shaping out to be the best JRPG this gen, which isn't saying much, but it blows everything else out of the water.

yokofox33

I'm just around 4 hours in, but it sure is shaping up to be among the best games available on the PS3.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

I want it so bad but I never buy games full price ever. I'm contemplating changing it for this game. Not because I can't wait, I can, but because I want to support the resurection of the JRPG. That genre took a pounding this gen and this looks like the first quality one in years.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
When ever I look at it I just cringe at the sight of it just looks awful. It is really one of those games I just can't see any good properties in.
GG-EvdK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GG-EvdK
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I still have to complete Ghost of Sparta and God of War III. The game releases 01/02/13 here so I can't pick it up just yet. I'm hoping I completed the god of war sage before the end of February since I have a week off then. Can't wait!
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
Hell Yes!!! The games Is absolutely beautifull, also really liking the battle system.
thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts
am interested in getting due to the amount of hype and the good reviews its getting but am unsure if am going to enjoy it. i do enjoy rpgs having loved wow,dark souls, KOTOR, skyrim etc but the only experiences i have had with jrpgs is pokemon red which i loved and FF7 which i just couldnt get into, so am unsure if its going to be "my" type of thing
yeebsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yeebsey
Member since 2010 • 180 Posts

FF7 which i just couldnt get into, so am unsure if its going to be "my" type of thingthedork_knight

understandable how you couldnt get in to ff7. its not as great as a lot of people make it out to be (dont misquote me here internet, ive completed it twice and enjoyed it)

if you had experience with pokemon R&B apparently this is a lot like that battle system wise so may be for you

i have it on preorder but live in the uk. just playing the waiting game now while trying to make a dent in my back catalogue

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

My roomate has it it's not my thing. I don't like the art design Pokemon type stuff aint my thing. I grew up way before that stuff.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I want it sooo freaking bad but I just don't have the free time at the moment to sink my teeth in any game, let alone a big JRPG like Ni No Kuni. Definitely getting it later though, definitely...
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I had wizard edition ordered from namco store. They over sold it and canceled my order :(
Avatar image for DontGetBigIdeas
DontGetBigIdeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DontGetBigIdeas
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts
That sucks bud. :(
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I had wizard edition ordered from namco store. They over sold it and canceled my order :( AutoPilotOn
That whole situation with Digital River/Namco overselling the Wizard Edtions is such a disaster. I've heard people whom pre-ordered it months ago got their orders cancelled, while some people whom ordered it a few weeks ago got it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]I had wizard edition ordered from namco store. They over sold it and canceled my order :( CommanderShiro

That whole situation with Digital River/Namco overselling the Wizard Edtions is such a disaster. I've heard people whom pre-ordered it months ago got their orders cancelled, while some people whom ordered it a few weeks ago got it.

Yea thats pretty bad. They had a restock advertised on their facebook and thats when I ordered. They took out the 116 it cost and then canceled my order. I am bummed but at least I didn't think I had it for months back I guess. They have a 20 dollar store credit code but I dont think I am gonna use them again..
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#32 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i'm at the point where you get a ship and i'm liking it a lot so far. once you finally get access to a good portion of the systems (which did take longer than i'd like), it's crazy how many things ni no kuni does really well. it has the core of a classic jrpg with a big overworld to explore along more recent additions to the genre like alchemy (which i'm so glad they actually give you recipes for rather than relying on trial and error).

that would be a lot for most games, but there is also some really good lore and puzzles. puzzles in these games, if they're even there, are usually throwaway attempts at pacing but ni no kuni does them so well. there are some traditional ones that feel like they could be a room in a zelda game and then the best ones tie into the lore by having the player translate the game's alphabet or consult the lore. it seems to have more in common there with text adventures than dragon quest.

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
Nah, I hate battle systems that are contingent on collecting and using monsters to fight almost as much as I hate card based battle systems. Just not my cup of tea, at all.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'll propably pick it up eventually, if I ever find the time for it. Too darned many other games in my backlog right now.

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

yokofox33
This. It's absolutely fantastic on every level, it's truly an amazing AAA game.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Not now. I plan on getting it somewhere down the line, but I'm still working on Persona 4 Golden and Sleeping Dogs right now and Fire Emblem Awakening comes out in a week and half so I just won't have the time for Ni No Kuni. Probably grab it up sometime this summer and hopefully it's had a price drop by then.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I've had it pre-ordered since February 2012. It is released here in a week. Can't wait to play it.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I have the Wizards Edition pre-ordered, though the game doesn't come out till Feb 1st, so I won't get it till Jan 31st at the earliest.
om28v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 om28v
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts

Bought the game on Wednesday and I'm addicted. It's such a great game! Logged in 12 hours already lol. I was afraid at the start of the game I wasn't going to like it because it gets off to a slow start and seemed way too easy. But once you enter into the first town outside of Motorville you won't want to stop playing.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Just ordered the game off of Amazon, so now to wait for it to come in the mail which may be a little while

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AutoPilotOn
I went to best buy had my GF pick it up for my early Vday gift lol. I cant wait, wish it was Wizard's Edition but I will be happy just to play it.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I bought it, but won't be able to play it until March. I only bought it because I thought it might be like Xenoblade and become expensive as crap down the line.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
i bought it and i like it and hate it at the same time. the writing is pretty poor and the game is extremely childish. i mean, characters say "jeepers" "golly" and just act like ignorant 8 year olds all the time...it is all very cheesy. the gameplay however, is amazing. it is also an extremely nostalgic game. these two things are ALL that is keeping me playing.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Not yet. I didn't like the battle system much from the demo, it might grow on me but I didn't feel like diving into it yet so figured I'd wait. I'm not worried about the game going OOP, with all the attention it's getting I think it will sell fairly well(for a JRPG that's not Final Fantasy that is).
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I have no idea what it is or what kind of game it is, so I'm not interested.SoNin360
exactly this.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

i bought it and i like it and hate it at the same time. the writing is pretty poor and the game is extremely childish. i mean, characters say "jeepers" "golly" and just act like ignorant 8 year olds all the time...it is all very cheesy. the gameplay however, is amazing. it is also an extremely nostalgic game. these two things are ALL that is keeping me playing.Geminon
To me that's refreshing compared to most of the crap that devs put out these days, like how almost everything tries to simulate the "gangsta" world. It's either mob bosses or rappers, space marines or military shooters almost everywhere you look.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Nope

Will probably get it at $30 or so.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts
Nah, I hate battle systems that are contingent on collecting and using monsters to fight almost as much as I hate card based battle systems. Just not my cup of tea, at all.SulIy
Yeah, dig it. That's kinda my thing too. To be frank, I've never saw the interest in games like that--even when I was growing up during the Pokemon/Digimon/Card Captor era. It seems cute and all, but honestly that just doesn't appeal to me. I don't have patience for RPGs like that.
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I wasn't planning to because I'm not a fan of JRPG's. But after reading about it and watching videos of it, it looked really interesting. The look (I love Studio Ghibli), the battle system, the story...everything I saw made me want to give it a shot. Really glad I did, it's fantastic.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I wasn't planning to because I'm not a fan of JRPG's. But after reading about it and watching videos of it, it looked really interesting. The look (I love Studio Ghibli), the battle system, the story...everything I saw made me want to give it a shot. Really glad I did, it's fantastic.

JohnBean42
Me too. Felt the same way. What an awesome game. Now 22 to 1 for those that bought it and love it. Anyone that's on the fence, trust me, it is awesome!!