Should I get RDR or wait for Modnation racers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bananapeel7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bananapeel7
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have enough to get one of these games and I'm not sure which I want. The modnation racers demo was amazing but I'm hearing Red Dead Redemption is sick too. I kno they're 2 completely different types of games but that y I'm askin the pros ;D.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

um, modnation racers. Rockstar did a horrible job with the ps3 version of red dead redemption imo, its still playable(barely) but the framerate is sad. I know other people havent had issues with the low framerate, but I find it hard to play the game when it sometimes feels unresponsive.

Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts
I have enough to get one of these games and I'm not sure which I want. The modnation racers demo was amazing but I'm hearing Red Dead Redemption is sick too. I kno they're 2 completely different types of games but that y I'm askin the pros ;D. bananapeel7
it depends as one is a kart racer and the other is a western style sandbox game. I personally think, if you have a spouse/sibling, you should definately go for Modnation Racers as its cuter, has a deep customization system (which most girls, kids and guys like me like to fiddle with) and split screen. If you enjoy gore and a good story though, you should definitely get Red Dead Redemption :P
SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

RDR is still awesome even if they didn't make it as good as the 360 version. The differences are very minor anyway. ModNation on the other hand is a great, judging by the demo and I am going to pick it up either today or tomorrow (I'm in the UK). So I would say get RDR and wait for the price to drop on MNR.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

um, modnation racers. Rockstar did a horrible job with the ps3 version of red dead redemption imo, its still playable(barely) but the framerate is sad. I know other people havent had issues with the low framerate, but I find it hard to play the game when it sometimes feels unresponsive.

TerrorRizzing
So far my RDR has been pretty good frame rate wise. How many fps do you reakon you were getting when it went choppy? Id say get RDR.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

pete_merlin
So far my RDR has been pretty good frame rate wise. How many fps do you reakon you were getting when it went choppy? Id say get RDR.

Same man, I hardly notice and problems with the frame rate.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
well what do you like better, racers or shooters?
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
RDR is amazing. I am not too sure about Modnation Racers though , haven't played it.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

pete_merlin

it doesnt get all choppy, but it gets under 20 fps. I have a hard time adjusting to it, maybe Ill just suffer through it because the game itself is good. Maybe after an hour or so Ill forget about it.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#10 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'm going to get RDR when the price drops but I just Modnation Racers it's great the driving feels better then it was in the beta stage and the track designing and the customizing it's great fun. The only problem though with Modnation are the load times it can take a while for the game to load up a race. But it really depends on what you like more open world shooters or kart racing.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Well MNR looks amazing to me, and I am definitely picking it up either day one or later (due to money). I ordered RDR but I am starting to get scared with all the "PS3 is inferior" talk (mainly the frame rate that bothers me).