Should I get a PS3 or a 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mar_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mar_24
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Topic. I have a ps2 and so i could play all my games on a ps3. i have the money to get one of them. Do you know if the price on the ps3 will drop anytime soon? What would you recommend that i get?

P.S- I do realize this is only on the PS3 forums.

lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
I think they will drop the price. I heard that sony already droped the price in Japan.
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GameCrazed85
Member since 2006 • 1013 Posts
First , you will get a lot of fanboys for sony replying to this, it's true just a warning. Notice that I have all 3 of the "new" systems. I have much more fun with my 360 right now. The ps3 will be good in the future but if you want to have fun NOW I suggest getting the 360. Unless you are very serious about blu-ray. The add-on hd-dvd drive for the 360 is also an alternative if you want hi-def movies. Hd-dvd studios are doing a better job transferring the movies to the new format. I believe my hd-dvd collection has better picture quality than my blu-rays, fanboys of the ps3 will also disagree there. Best advice I can give you is to try to figure out who has a real reason for the system they tell you. For me, the 360 has better games,more games, better graphics, better online, and just as much funcionality as the ps3. No I am not a 360 troll, my opinions have been stated on here before. In the end, you will buy what you want, not what people tell you to.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
Topic. I have a ps2 and so i could play all my games on a ps3. i have the money to get one of them. Do you know if the price on the ps3 will drop anytime soon? What would you recommend that i get?

mar_24
seriously it depends on what games you lik. Seeing as you have and I'm assuming liked your PS2 then you might as well go with a ps3 since most of those exclusives on the ps2 are coming onto the PS3 as well. Once again it really comes down to the games you like.
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GameCrazed85
Member since 2006 • 1013 Posts

[QUOTE="mar_24"]Topic. I have a ps2 and so i could play all my games on a ps3. i have the money to get one of them. Do you know if the price on the ps3 will drop anytime soon? What would you recommend that i get?

onemic
seriously it depends on what games you lik. Seeing as you have and I'm assuming liked your PS2 then you might as well go with a ps3 since most of those exclusives on the ps2 are coming onto the PS3 as well. Once again it really comes down to the games you like.

Some ps2 exclusive are now going to 360 as well, or will be. Just a side note. Not as many exclusives for ps3.

lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts

Reasons to get a ps3:

Blu-ray (It's a good format and it's even with HD-DVD)

Sequals to the best PS2 games

Web browser

Free online

More memory

Reasons to get a 360

Very good online

HD-DVD (Same level as Blu-ray in my opinion)

Sequals to best xbox games

Larger online (More people)

Your pick. I think they are both very good systems. Sony just needs some time to get their gears running.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="mar_24"]Topic. I have a ps2 and so i could play all my games on a ps3. i have the money to get one of them. Do you know if the price on the ps3 will drop anytime soon? What would you recommend that i get?

GameCrazed85

Some ps2 exclusive are now going to 360 as well, or will be. Just a side note. Not as many exclusives for ps3.

sigh.....how did I know someone would attempt to quote me on that? Please tell me which PS2 exclusives are now exclusive to the 360? That's right none. Now please tell me how the hell 360 has even close to the amount of exclusives as the PS3? That's right they don't. Try making a list of upcoming 360 exclusives or even high profile 360 exclusives coming in 2007. I've checked and the PS3 has more.
babenjorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 babenjorge
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
My reason for getting a ps3......i bought a 50in samsung 1080p.....and felt i should use it to its full capacity...so i bought the ps3....its great.....its also true that if you want to have fun know you probably want the xbox....but remember unless you want 2 or 3 systems just get the ps3 its the system of the future..The 360 will soon come out with the new 360 with hdmi and all that jazz...You will need to buy another one......the ps3 has downloads to be up to date...it really is multifunctional.... 
jwcs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jwcs15
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts

I had the choice of all 3 next gens. I ended up getting a PS3 because in the future it will have better graphics, more memory on the BR for more gameplay, and just being a over all better system. The 360 has good graphics for now and a great online, but the other newer systems will soon over pass it soon. If your not rich and cant buy every system then i would get the Ps3.

akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
It depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for now then the 460 is your best bet. Bigger libary, better online experience is on the 360. If you are looking for an investment then you should go with the PS3. It might now have the libary today, but give the system a year or so it will be fine. The PS3 was made for the long haul and if your willing to spend the money and wait for the system to grow then thats your system. If not then go with the 360.

I have all three systems and play all three. I play my ps3 more just because of the PS2 libary(o yeah thats another great thing about the PS3). Both are good systems and I can't say to pick one over the other cause I like them both. Enjoy either one.....

PSN: Meeks

Gamers Game......Fanboys Pick Sides......
jayhadit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jayhadit
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts
Let me try to say this in the most diplomatic way possible. My point of view is that the 360 is up and running great right now...games look really nice, big library etc. I just feel like it's going to top out a lot sooner than the ps3 will. that thing (once again, my opinion only) will still be on it's way up for at least another 4 years, and MS has planned launching a new console about every three years. So it's a better investment. once again, before anyone gets upset, only my humble opinion. (I'm so dang tired of gettign modded because i disagree with someone)
jayhadit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jayhadit
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts
nevermind, sounds like everyone agrees with me.
nanomecha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nanomecha4
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
XBOX 360'S BREAKDOWN AFTER 1 OR 2 MONTHS. dont waste ur money.
Ptown357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ptown357
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

your best bet is the 360 because it has better games

michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
it really depends on what system you like better, people are going to go on about one having better graphics and all that **** but really that doesn't matter, what matters are the games and that is up to you which console has better games because everyone has different opinions on what games are good, and both consoles are gonna have awesome graphics so really you cant go wrong with ether! But if your gonna get a ps3 i would wait awhile for some better games and for it to get cheaper.
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

mar_24

Did you also realize the fact that it gets LOCKED!?

lil_bad_boy561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 lil_bad_boy561
Member since 2005 • 97 Posts
XBOX 360'S BREAKDOWN AFTER 1 OR 2 MONTHS. dont waste ur money.nanomecha4
that's were you wrong mate had my 360 since lanch here in aus it really quite has never feazed and has a hell of alot better game libery right now and the Ps3 only has sequles comeing to it no new games that will be exclucives
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 michael098
Oh really? thats weird, Iv had my 360 for over a year now and had no problems, maybe you should stop been such an idiot and tell the truth. The first lot of 360s had a problem but its ok now, don't listen to this guy, hes obviously to dumb to realize that if his xbox **** up it doesn't mean that everybody's does. like mine for example.
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 michael098
XBOX 360'S BREAKDOWN AFTER 1 OR 2 MONTHS. dont waste ur money.nanomecha4
quote to this guy for my last post,
kingalphagold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kingalphagold
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts
They both are awesome consoles, pick the one you like the most.
Final_Rise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Final_Rise
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

You get what you pay for

=)

Final_Rise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Final_Rise
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

So get a ps3 because it has the 3 in ps3 just like a tree

tcman248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tcman248
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts
I have had my xbox 360 sense launch and have had not 1 prob and my friends are good to. (AUS here)