Sequels that didn't match or surpass the games before it

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Dragon Age II - No where near the quality of theoriginal game.

Bioshock 2 was ok but couldn't get close to superb original game.

Mass effect 2 was good but I enjoyed more RPG elements of first game.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood didn't feel near as polished as ACII, revelations had some great improvements but messed up on few additional useless gameplay changes.

Those games come to mind.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Kane and Lynch 2 I enjoyed the first game better.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#53 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Uncharted 3:It is still one of the best games on the console but Uncharted 2 is my favorite game on PS3.

Metal Gear Solid 4: MGS3 Snake Eater was just mind blowing it was never gonna top it.

Resident Evil 5: It took out everything that was good about Resident Evil out. It felt like a dated RE4 with co - op plus the inventory sucked.

Mass Effect 3: As with Uncharted 3 Mass Effect 3 just could not match the quality of number 2.

Jak 3: Jak 2 was one of the best Playstation platformers around.

Gran Turismo 5 Countless delays and for what this embarrassment of a game.

God of War 3 the weakest in the trilogy but still better than the PSP games.

If Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations count as sequels then them too. Number 2 was just a masterpiece.

robmonga2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 robmonga2
Member since 2003 • 1193 Posts
[QUOTE="big_boss1988"]

did anyone mention assassin's creed?

jsmoke03
assassins creed 2 was better than the original

I like the original better actually, but even I'll admit that I'm in the minority... I loved fallout 3 and new vegas, thought new vegas was adequate, and for the most part lived up to fallout 3.... I haven't seen these listed yet: Motorstorm Apocalypse: I friggin LOVED Pacific rift, and think motorstorm should be pushed harder by sony, but mannn apocalypse was garbage... just abysmal... FF13: garbage. What happend to the great ff10 days or even 12 was more than decent...(never played 7 etc). Ninja Gaiden: great first title, hack and slash royalty in the making...but then it just kept getting crappier and crappier... sure being incoherent in games isn't anything new...but you can only rely on jiggle physics for so long.... Killzone 3: F cod. F cod and all it's done to the shooter genre. It has it's place in games, but the side effect it's had on every other shooter is just ridiculous. I was/am an avid KZ2 fan... Choke points and all... but killzone 3 was a step in the wrong direction... And it all started with one hit melee attacks...booooooo. Battlefield 3: 1 step forward and then 2 back. Bad company 2 was an excellent online shooter... BF3... Just feels stripped down from BC2.... *tear* Nhl hockey franchise: you don't get my money anymore... we're looking at like 5 years with the same goddamn engine... every year they add one small element from the real life sport and everyone flocks to pay full price for "scrums infront of the net!!!"....Seriously?