Reasons why I dont want PS4

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts
1. Way too early life cycle for the PS3. Im still having a blast with it. 2. Graphics are great for consoles, and Sony says the games on the market are not even close to coming close to showing off what the PS3 can do, even though i dont know how thats possible with Uncharted 2. 3. PS4 will be SUPER EXPENSIVE when it comes out. 4. PS4 probably wont have backwards compatability. It better. 5. I want to keep my online profile and trophy level from PS3. And all my friends.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
2. Graphics are great for consolesVanillamarble
You should take a look at the current top of the line PC games, seriously all 3 consoles have shocking graphics. ;)
The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

I don't really want a PS4 just cause IMO, how can they top/improve on the PS3?!?!?!? It is basically the limit for game consoles and why/how would we improve graphics even further?!?!?!? they are already amazing.

The PS3 has:

Upgradable HDD

BD/DVD/Video player

CD player/ability to rip cds to library.

Photo Station

Internet Browser

Netflix

PS Store content and PSOne classics

HD 1080p graphics

USB ports for data

Online/Friends/Messaging

and don't even get me started on the technical specifications.....

anyway, the PS3 had the ability to have the longest lifespan of any console ever. All im saying is, what more do we need?

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
i want the ps4 in about a year or two
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I want a PS4 because i'm sick to death of optimization being the only redeeming factor these days. They need plenty of RAM atleast 2Gb for future usage and features.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#6 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I don't want to see a PS4 until 2013 or 2014. And I can't wait to see the massive step up in graphics and physics, like the phenomenal difference between PS2 and PS3 when it was released.

varunvikram1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 varunvikram1
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts
I kinda feel the ps4 is gonna be a forced release rather than a step up next gen release.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

well considering nintendo announced their new system sony probably just sent out a press release saying they have a new one in development. Granted, if it doesn't come out in the intended time frame I can see a lot of the people saying they're content with their ps3 complain that sony pushed back the ps4 release date. Still, I have quite a lot of games to still play on the ps3, and like I did with the ps2, I'll probably keep playing the system as my main system until 2-3 years into the ps4's life (plus that'll give them time to fix any problems and actually get some good games out, and I'll be able to pick some games up cheap as I did when I got my ps3 a year and a half ago).

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
[QUOTE="Vanillamarble"]2. Graphics are great for consolesCellAnimation
You should take a look at the current top of the line PC games, seriously all 3 consoles have shocking graphics. ;)

What games are you talking about? I've got a good rig but I've not played anything on PC that makes console graphics look shocking.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CellAnimation
[QUOTE="CellAnimation"][QUOTE="Vanillamarble"]2. Graphics are great for consolesx-2tha-z

What games are you talking about? I've got a good rig but I've not played anything on PC that makes console graphics look shocking.

Pretty much any modern game played at 1920x1080 or above. I have a much nicer machine than mentioned in your sig (i7 hex core, 12 GB RAM, 2x GTX 480s running SLI) and every modern game I own looks better on PC, and yes I do have many multi-platform games on both PS3 and PC. The PS3s lack of native 1080p games (now I know there are a few but most are 720p) really hurts the platform IMO, 720p games upscaled to 1080p look like garbage, and seriously what's with the lack of anti-aliasing in pretty much every PS3 game?
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I agree with everything you said there. I hope PSN profiles will transfer.
-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Main reason I don't want a Playstaion 4 is because I just bought the PS3 last year, so if it does come out so soon chances are I'll get it in 2018 or 2021, 10 years or 7 years really isn't that long. PS3 came out in 2006 I think and I bought it in 2010 think that is 4 years after release date. But next gen I'm unsure of on what I'll do

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="CellAnimation"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="CellAnimation"] You should take a look at the current top of the line PC games, seriously all 3 consoles have shocking graphics. ;)

Pretty much any modern game played at 1920x1080 or above. I have a much nicer machine than mentioned in your sig (i7 hex core, 12 GB RAM, 2x GTX 480s running SLI) and every modern game I own looks better on PC, and yes I do have many multi-platform games on both PS3 and PC. The PS3s lack of native 1080p games (now I know there are a few but most are 720p) really hurts the platform IMO, 720p games upscaled to 1080p look like garbage, and seriously what's with the lack of anti-aliasing in pretty much every PS3 game?

Your rig is better but I can still max any game I play. Only thing I'm missing out on is DX11, which isn't used in every game.. The difference between consoles and PC graphics isn't that big. AA and 1080 is nice, but it isn't going to make the console versions look shocking. PC graphics really should be a lot better than they are. I think a lot of PC gamers exaggerate how good they look. The difference in most games is really nothing to brag about.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
PS3 to me feel way underpowered. Most multiplats especially look terrible, no AA, low resolution, weak framerates. You can tell the GPU is really struggling to put out a decent picture. Even games everybody raves about (KZ3, MGS4, UC, etc) look terrible other than the cutscenes. Like PC graphics from 15 years ago. 360 does a slightly better job, but still only barely acceptable. Next gen I am expecting a major horsepower upgrade.
Moon__Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Moon__Light
Member since 2011 • 125 Posts
I'm happy with my PS3, and dont care about the PS4..because there is nothing I can think that Sony will add to get me interested in the console as I dont care about graphics.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

I don't want PS4 because I no haz monies.:(

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CellAnimation
The difference between consoles and PC graphics isn't that big. AA and 1080 is nice, but it isn't going to make the console versions look shocking. PC graphics really should be a lot better than they are. I think a lot of PC gamers exaggerate how good they look. The difference in most games is really nothing to brag about.x-2tha-z
If you really can't tell the difference between a console (720p, no AA, low quality textures, frame rate issues) and a PC game running at 1920x1080p or above (higher quality textures, better frame rates, and anti-aliasing, and other graphical tweaks (tessellation in DX11, etc)) then I don't know what to say. Console graphics look exactly what they should look like for hardware that is 5 years old. I still love my PS3 for the console only titles, and those days when I want to sit in front of a large display (24" compared to 40" the PS3 wins there - well until I can be bothered moving my PC) but like I said every multi-platform I own looks much nicer on PC, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a game on PS3 that is comparable to a high end PC game.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

PS3 to me feel way underpowered. Most multiplats especially look terrible, no AA, low resolution, weak framerates. You can tell the GPU is really struggling to put out a decent picture. Even games everybody raves about (KZ3, MGS4, UC, etc) look terrible other than the cutscenes. Like PC graphics from 15 years ago. 360 does a slightly better job, but still only barely acceptable. Next gen I am expecting a major horsepower upgrade.ZombieKiller7

Half Life 1 is not even 15 years old, but somehow current generation console games look worse than it? I do not think so.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamenerd15

1. Way too early life cycle for the PS3. Im still having a blast with it. 2. Graphics are great for consoles, and Sony says the games on the market are not even close to coming close to showing off what the PS3 can do, even though i dont know how thats possible with Uncharted 2. 3. PS4 will be SUPER EXPENSIVE when it comes out. 4. PS4 probably wont have backwards compatability. It better. 5. I want to keep my online profile and trophy level from PS3. And all my friends. Vanillamarble

The PS3 is going turning five this year. How is this early in the lifecycle? Five years used to be standard for consoles. PS2 came out five years after the PS1. The PS3 came out six years after the PS2. PS4 will probably be out in 2013. Sony actually did a great job with the price point of the Vita, so the PS4 may not be that pricey when it releases.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]PS3 to me feel way underpowered. Most multiplats especially look terrible, no AA, low resolution, weak framerates. You can tell the GPU is really struggling to put out a decent picture. Even games everybody raves about (KZ3, MGS4, UC, etc) look terrible other than the cutscenes. Like PC graphics from 15 years ago. 360 does a slightly better job, but still only barely acceptable. Next gen I am expecting a major horsepower upgrade.gamenerd15

Half Life 1 is not even 15 years old, but somehow current generation console games look worse than it? I do not think so.

Current gen shooters are the graphical equivalent of original Deus Ex on PC. I don't know how many years ago that was but it's definitely long in the tooth. Now...graphics isn't everything, but it is something. PS3 is a fine gaming system, but I wish it had alot more horsepower.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]The difference between consoles and PC graphics isn't that big. AA and 1080 is nice, but it isn't going to make the console versions look shocking. PC graphics really should be a lot better than they are. I think a lot of PC gamers exaggerate how good they look. The difference in most games is really nothing to brag about.CellAnimation
If you really can't tell the difference between a console (720p, no AA, low quality textures, frame rate issues) and a PC game running at 1920x1080p or above (higher quality textures, better frame rates, and anti-aliasing, and other graphical tweaks (tessellation in DX11, etc)) then I don't know what to say. Console graphics look exactly what they should look like for hardware that is 5 years old. I still love my PS3 for the console only titles, and those days when I want to sit in front of a large display (24" compared to 40" the PS3 wins there - well until I can be bothered moving my PC) but like I said every multi-platform I own looks much nicer on PC, in fact I don't think I've ever seen a game on PS3 that is comparable to a high end PC game.

I can tell the difference. I said games look better on PC. I'm just saying the difference isn't as big as you're making it out to be. There's a lot of exaggerating going on when people talk about PC graphics and it's kinda starting to get annoying. Feel free to post screenshots or a link to a video showing PC graphics so amazing, they make consoles look shocking. Until then, I think I'm done with this conversation.
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CellAnimation
I can tell the difference. I said games look better on PC. I'm just saying the difference isn't as big as you're making it out to be. There's a lot of exaggerating going on when people talk about PC graphics and it's kinda starting to get annoying. Feel free to post screenshots or a link to a video showing PC graphics so amazing, they make consoles look shocking. Until then, I think I'm done with this conversation.x-2tha-z
http://www.ctrlaltkill.org/2011/06/28/maximum-settings-crysis-2-dx11-1080p-75-screens-and-2-min-video/ - end of discussion. :P
jadaski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jadaski1
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

Play The Witcher 2 on PC and try to compare it to any console game. That game just blows my mind, and I can't even crank it up to the highest settings.

Also, I'm willing to bet that consoles have held back much of the graphical development that you normally would've seen over the past few years. There's little point in pushing the boundaries of graphical quality if 2 out of the 3 systems are going to hold you back (and often those two systems are your best sellers).

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I can tell the difference. I said games look better on PC. I'm just saying the difference isn't as big as you're making it out to be. There's a lot of exaggerating going on when people talk about PC graphics and it's kinda starting to get annoying. Feel free to post screenshots or a link to a video showing PC graphics so amazing, they make consoles look shocking. Until then, I think I'm done with this conversation.x-2tha-z
lol there is actually a pretty big difference, its to be expected, PC upgrades every year, consoles are stuck with, what they start with over the long haul. The gap quickly widens between the two. I would say Sony should wait until they figure out some kind of gameplay advancement, visuals are fine where they are, if their answer to the PS4 is Uncharted, that looks better than real life with a $900 entry fee, their on their own.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

PS3 to me feel way underpowered. Most multiplats especially look terrible, no AA, low resolution, weak framerates. You can tell the GPU is really struggling to put out a decent picture. Even games everybody raves about (KZ3, MGS4, UC, etc) look terrible other than the cutscenes. Like PC graphics from 15 years ago. 360 does a slightly better job, but still only barely acceptable. Next gen I am expecting a major horsepower upgrade.ZombieKiller7

I don't know what you're talking about. I think Uncharted 1 & 2 both look fantastic, in cutscenes and regular gameplay.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]PS3 to me feel way underpowered. Most multiplats especially look terrible, no AA, low resolution, weak framerates. You can tell the GPU is really struggling to put out a decent picture. Even games everybody raves about (KZ3, MGS4, UC, etc) look terrible other than the cutscenes. Like PC graphics from 15 years ago. 360 does a slightly better job, but still only barely acceptable. Next gen I am expecting a major horsepower upgrade.ZombieKiller7

Current gen shooters are the graphical equivalent of original Deus Ex on PC. I don't know how many years ago that was but it's definitely long in the tooth. Now...graphics isn't everything, but it is something. PS3 is a fine gaming system, but I wish it had alot more horsepower.

You are insane. Deus ex looks quite pixelated, and the character models are quite blocky.

If you think shooters on consoles look like deus ex, then I would visit a doctor right away. I am not trying to be mean, but how does

this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juqT9wNqrGY&playnext=1&list=PLF0BCB9706F8E3547

look like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuh8MowuFcw

WTF

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I only have one reason for not wanting a PS4: the PS3!:) It's a great system, great library and lineup of games, and still hasa lot of life left in it.;)

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

I don't really want a PS4 just cause IMO, how can they top/improve on the PS3?!?!?!? It is basically the limit for game consoles and why/how would we improve graphics even further?!?!?!? they are already amazing.

The PS3 has:

Upgradable HDD

BD/DVD/Video player

CD player/ability to rip cds to library.

Photo Station

Internet Browser

Netflix

PS Store content and PSOne classics

HD 1080p graphics

USB ports for data

Online/Friends/Messaging

and don't even get me started on the technical specifications.....

anyway, the PS3 had the ability to have the longest lifespan of any console ever. All im saying is, what more do we need?

The_Wild_Tiger
What are you kidding? Yeah I mean why on earth would we want to IMPROVE technology, that's just nonsense. For starters, they could definitely improve the user interface and the amount of RAM the darn thing has.
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

LOL. U funny :lol: How do i quote this into a signature like how other folks do it.....

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I kinda feel the ps4 is gonna be a forced release rather than a step up next gen release.varunvikram1
I agree, M$ will release because Nintendo is and Sony will becauze M$ is.
uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

i want a ps4...but I worry that it will take a long time for devs to optimize there games for it. Its like learning a new language of codes building games from the ground up. Look how long it took for ps3 to be able to run Madden NFL football at a playable framerate and control. The first 4-5 maddens on next gen looked nice but came nowhere near the amount of control felt on previous gen madden games.

I think when the ps4 hits the shelves...it really doesnt HIT the shelves until 3-4 years after its official release...when the games are optimized (not laggy or too sensitive on the controls etc... looking at you "perfect dark" when you first came out)

IMO... let them release it...but dont buy it right away...

uso_outkast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uso_outkast
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]PS3 to me feel way underpowered. Most multiplats especially look terrible, no AA, low resolution, weak framerates. You can tell the GPU is really struggling to put out a decent picture. Even games everybody raves about (KZ3, MGS4, UC, etc) look terrible other than the cutscenes. Like PC graphics from 15 years ago. 360 does a slightly better job, but still only barely acceptable. Next gen I am expecting a major horsepower upgrade.cdragon_88

LOL. U funny :lol: How do i quote this into a signature like how other folks do it.....

Yea it seems hard to believe. But trust me...when i broke out of the console bubble and actually saw the power the PC (computer) games graphics had.... it blew me away...

take a look at the upcoming BF3 and compare the pc version to the console one. Too see it in actual MOTION...the smoothness of excellent graphics... its amazing. a great PC has the power to play any ps3 game with no amount of lag what so ever. (gives you that quick call of duty framerate).

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

[QUOTE="cdragon_88"]

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]PS3 to me feel way underpowered. Most multiplats especially look terrible, no AA, low resolution, weak framerates. You can tell the GPU is really struggling to put out a decent picture. Even games everybody raves about (KZ3, MGS4, UC, etc) look terrible other than the cutscenes. Like PC graphics from 15 years ago. 360 does a slightly better job, but still only barely acceptable. Next gen I am expecting a major horsepower upgrade.uso_outkast

Yea it seems hard to believe. But trust me...when i broke out of the console bubble and actually saw the power the PC (computer) games graphics had.... it blew me away...

take a look at the upcoming BF3 and compare the pc version to the console one. Too see it in actual MOTION...the smoothness of excellent graphics... its amazing. a great PC has the power to play any ps3 game with no amount of lag what so ever. (gives you that quick call of duty framerate).

I know you didn't just use CoD as a high standard for frame rates...lol. And honestly I'm surprised people are being surprised how good PC graphics are. They really are much better than console graphics....have been for a while. I guess some people don't venture out of their consoles much.
djseebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 djseebee
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

i am still not satisfied from my PS3, i just bought it 4months ago, and happy with it, hope PS4 coming out 2015.. :)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I want it as fast as possible, with the gap getting bigger and bigger I play more and more on the PC. And lol @ graphics are good, that's what you get on PC:

Modded GTA4

Also it's not like the PS3 instantly gets no more support after the PS4 released and most that don't buy at launch won't buy the PS4 at launch, so they can keep playing their 6 years old system for a year or more -.-'

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZombieKiller7
You are insane. Deus ex looks quite pixelated, and the character models are quite blocky.gamenerd15
Graphics vs Aesthetics Your first example is running at much higher rez, with better framerates, and less than 1/10th the development budget of your second example and is probably cruising along at %50 utilization. Second example has excellent aesthetics and artwork, they are really pushing that machine to the limit. But you can see the rez aint there, the framerates aint either, artists are making up for the machine's weakness. Consoles are weak, it's just a fact of life. How do you think they are able to sell you this machine for only $299? You get what you pay for. You buy $1000 machine, you get $1000 power. You buy $299 machine, you get $299 power.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]I can tell the difference. I said games look better on PC. I'm just saying the difference isn't as big as you're making it out to be. There's a lot of exaggerating going on when people talk about PC graphics and it's kinda starting to get annoying. Feel free to post screenshots or a link to a video showing PC graphics so amazing, they make consoles look shocking. Until then, I think I'm done with this conversation.CellAnimation
http://www.ctrlaltkill.org/2011/06/28/maximum-settings-crysis-2-dx11-1080p-75-screens-and-2-min-video/ - end of discussion. :P

There's no denying Crysis 2 is a great looking game. Everyone knows that. I would've been impressed if you used a different game as an example but I see you went for the easy option. Nice. The Crysis games and Metro 2033 are some of a small amount of games that look much better on PC. It doesn't really back up your claim that every "high-end" PC game makes console graphics look shocking. Or, when you said high-end, were you just talking about Crysis? LOL. I wouldn't say Crysis 2 makes console graphics look shocking, either. If that's the best you can come up with, this really is the end of the discussion.
homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

How do you know it will cost too much? What, you can look into the future?

And I think that Battlefield 3 (Even it is a Multi-Platform) will show what the PS 3 can do.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]I can tell the difference. I said games look better on PC. I'm just saying the difference isn't as big as you're making it out to be. There's a lot of exaggerating going on when people talk about PC graphics and it's kinda starting to get annoying. Feel free to post screenshots or a link to a video showing PC graphics so amazing, they make consoles look shocking. Until then, I think I'm done with this conversation.Sepewrath
lol there is actually a pretty big difference, its to be expected, PC upgrades every year, consoles are stuck with, what they start with over the long haul. The gap quickly widens between the two. I would say Sony should wait until they figure out some kind of gameplay advancement, visuals are fine where they are, if their answer to the PS4 is Uncharted, that looks better than real life with a $900 entry fee, their on their own.

The power of the components has greatly increased, but the quality of the graphics hasn't increased with them. That's why I said earlier that PC graphics should be a lot better. Maybe it's because of consoles holding them back, or maybe it's due to most PC gamers having weak rigs? IDK.
homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

I want it as fast as possible, with the gap getting bigger and bigger I play more and more on the PC. And lol @ graphics are good, that's what you get on PC:

Modded GTA4

Also it's not like the PS3 instantly gets no more support after the PS4 released and most that don't buy at launch won't buy the PS4 at launch, so they can keep playing their 6 years old system for a year or more -.-'

ArchoNils2

What the...Is that real or photo-shoped like some Crysis 1 pictures?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]You are insane. Deus ex looks quite pixelated, and the character models are quite blocky.ZombieKiller7
Graphics vs Aesthetics Your first example is running at much higher rez, with better framerates, and less than 1/10th the development budget of your second example and is probably cruising along at %50 utilization. Second example has excellent aesthetics and artwork, they are really pushing that machine to the limit. But you can see the rez aint there, the framerates aint either, artists are making up for the machine's weakness. Consoles are weak, it's just a fact of life. How do you think they are able to sell you this machine for only $299? You get what you pay for. You buy $1000 machine, you get $1000 power. You buy $299 machine, you get $299 power.

Thanks for the update captain obvious. I did not say that consoles were better than PC. Nonetheless, your statement about how current consoles look like ten to fifteen year old PC games is complete crap. We do not even know what the limit is for a console, so we cannot say how much who is pushing what. I honestly do not care. If you want to pay $700 or whatever it costs for games to run at 60 FPS with 0 hitches, then fine. Some of us do not care about the most premium in graphics. Framerates being locked at 30 FPS is fine by me. If a game has a few hitches or two, so what?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

Modded GTA4

homeboylizard

What the...Is that real or photo-shoped like some Crysis 1 pictures?

It's real, it's the newest GTA4 Mod iCenhancer

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i want an announcement this tgs or the latest next year e3.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ZombieKiller7
Thanks for the update captain obvious. I did not say that consoles were better than PC. Nonetheless, your statement about how current consoles look like ten to fifteen year old PC games is complete crap. We do not even know what the limit is for a console, so we cannot say how much who is pushing what. I honestly do not care. If you want to pay $700 or whatever it costs for games to run at 60 FPS with 0 hitches, then fine. Some of us do not care about the most premium in graphics. Framerates being locked at 30 FPS is fine by me. If a game has a few hitches or two, so what?gamenerd15
Graphics = technical specifications and limits of the machine, the ability to push pixels Aesthetics = how a game looks I think developers do an amazing job with the hardware they are working with, I'm just saying I wish consoles had better hardware. I feel like the hardware is really weak and limited. 1-2 gens from now it's gonna be great, we will finally be seeing some beastly hardware. Right now I'm not happy. I feel the hardware is really underpowered, even tho the games are really good.
OG1-KENOBI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 OG1-KENOBI
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts
Well it has been out for over 5 years so its about time imo. I have had one since launch but I also feel that the PS3 HASNT had enough great games that pushed the system too its max which is what im finding with the 360 so its a two edged sword.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

Graphics are beginning to get to a point where it is becoming a standard thing to have "good graphics" and the issue will be on complex gameplay like allowing fluid dynamics, and realistic physics in a game. I'm not worried at all about the PS4 or X720 being underpowered at all since console developers are getting really good with optimization and neat tricks to make game graphics appear better than they really are(aside from fixed tiny draw distance, no AA/filtering, etc.). I'm sure with the 8th generation of consoles, the focus will move once again from graphics back onto gameplay like in 1996-2004 when we had a burst of creativity due to all the possibilities allowed by the shift from 2D to 3D graphics.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]Thanks for the update captain obvious. I did not say that consoles were better than PC. Nonetheless, your statement about how current consoles look like ten to fifteen year old PC games is complete crap. We do not even know what the limit is for a console, so we cannot say how much who is pushing what. I honestly do not care. If you want to pay $700 or whatever it costs for games to run at 60 FPS with 0 hitches, then fine. Some of us do not care about the most premium in graphics. Framerates being locked at 30 FPS is fine by me. If a game has a few hitches or two, so what?ZombieKiller7
Graphics = technical specifications and limits of the machine, the ability to push pixels Aesthetics = how a game looks I think developers do an amazing job with the hardware they are working with, I'm just saying I wish consoles had better hardware. I feel like the hardware is really weak and limited. 1-2 gens from now it's gonna be great, we will finally be seeing some beastly hardware. Right now I'm not happy. I feel the hardware is really underpowered, even tho the games are really good.

Yes I know the difference. I am saying that I do not care about pixels at all. I would not want games to push systems to the absolute limit because otherwise they might break if you keep playing it. Machines that are pushed 100% all of the time are not going to last too long. It is kind of like running. If you run to your absolute max all of the time everyday, you will eventually break down because your body is pushing itself to the limit all of the time. If this was the best we could do as far as graphics on consoles, then I am satisfied. Developers should find other things to with games besides push hardware. Creating new unique stories would be something to focus on. The game Folklore is a great example of a game with "ok" graphics and awesome story. I would not want a Ratchet game to look like Crysis 1. That type of game does not need to look super awesome. These high end graphics might be great for shooters, but for other games not so much. I have not even gone HD yet because I do not care. I just want fun games.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I just bought my PS3
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
It's not "way too early", if you look at the history of Playstation consoles then you'll see how a successor is released after 6 years. Playstation 1 - 1994 Playstation 2 - 2000 Playstation 3 - 2006 Playstation 4 - 2012(?) There's also nothing to suggest that Sony won't just transfer users accounts and trophies onto the next console. The Playstation Network is obviously carry over so there's no reason for them to suddenly delete peoples accounts.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I just bought my PS3unrealtron
It's been out since 2006 and you've only just bought one? That's a shame, but Sony will support the PS3 even after the PS4 is released.