• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Now that I think about the UMD blu-ray I think if they decide to not go with digital distribution they could use SD cards instead. They can hold more memory than a blu-ray now. SD cards means extremely fast loading, more durable, less energy consumption, and less heat. Since SD cards are so small that means you can make the hand-held smaller too most likely. An 8 GB card costs 20 dollars now and will continue to drop. If they do use digital distribution they should have a hard drive with at least 100 GB and hopefully an SSD one. Right now SSD is pretty expensive but the cost will drop.Extr33m
Besides the expense ($20 is a lot of money per unit), SD cards are easy to pirate due to their ubiquitous nature.

Sony has been scarred by the high levels of piracy on the PSP, and it's hard to blame them. Where the Go failed, an all-digital distribution format from the get-go will succeed. There won't be any retail to compare prices to - or UMDs that didn't make the Store - or any of the other complaints lobbied against the Go. PSP developers will enjoy not having to deal with a used game market, and we may finally see the advantage of digital distribution realized in lower game prices. That part is really important - Sony needs to lower the $39.99 price point to stay competitive with Apple and even Nintendo.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
It's already a GPS. Look on ebay, they have the accessories for it to be like one. It's already Wifi, and touchscreen... mmmm yeah it would be nice but we have the DS to do that, no phones, actually there's no need for it . You got skype. Sure you have to have an internet connection in order for you to use it but at the same time you pretty much already have that feature. You already can turn it into a camera *check ebay*. The only things I want is 2 analog sticks if possible, be able to chat with friends on PSN and send messages, keep the UMD drive on it, bluetooth support, and that's pretty much it. And to also keep it under $200 and maybe even some better graphics. They're good now but they could possibly be better. My wish list is (the only reason I call it a wishlist is because I doubt it'll happen): To be able to slide up the screen and there's a qwerty keyboard under it.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18798 Posts

I don't think putting in L2 and R2 buttons are a good thing. Do you know how big the PSP would have to be to support those extra buttons, especially if they are trigger.

christ4ever9889
i dont think so. pick up a PSP 2/3000 now and tell me u dont see a possible L2/R2 buttons?
Extr33m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Extr33m
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Extr33m"]Now that I think about the UMD blu-ray I think if they decide to not go with digital distribution they could use SD cards instead. They can hold more memory than a blu-ray now. SD cards means extremely fast loading, more durable, less energy consumption, and less heat. Since SD cards are so small that means you can make the hand-held smaller too most likely. An 8 GB card costs 20 dollars now and will continue to drop. If they do use digital distribution they should have a hard drive with at least 100 GB and hopefully an SSD one. Right now SSD is pretty expensive but the cost will drop.SakusEnvoy

Besides the expense ($20 is a lot of money per unit), SD cards are easy to pirate due to their ubiquitous nature.

Sony has been scarred by the high levels of piracy on the PSP, and it's hard to blame them. Where the Go failed, an all-digital distribution format from the get-go will succeed. There won't be any retail to compare prices to - or UMDs that didn't make the Store - or any of the other complaints lobbied against the Go. PSP developers will enjoy not having to deal with a used game market, and we may finally see the advantage of digital distribution realized in lower game prices. That part is really important - Sony needs to lower the $39.99 price point to stay competitive with Apple and even Nintendo.

Ok, you're right, then have at least a 150 GB hard drive. If it can't be an SSD one because of price I understand, but the hard drive needs to be huge in order to fit a large library of games or else it will become a problem. I can see people that tend to buy lots of games would most likely get upset that they can't fit all the games that they want. Having a hard drive also means no more need for memory cards which is another plus. The only problem with digital distribution is that not everyone has internet access let alone a wireless router to take advantage of wi-fi to download games. How exactly do think DD will be able to work for everyone?
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18798 Posts
i hope the PSP 2 has better audio with or without headphones the PSP volume is to low for my taste.
Hepemania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Hepemania
Member since 2010 • 517 Posts
Better graphics of course, bluetooth, touch screen and a big amount of storage space so you dont need to buy a freaking expensive memory cards in need to save games, movies and music. That's about it.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#57 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

more games

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

The thing i really want is 3G (or 4G) connection with a wireless provider option. I would like to be able to play wirelessly ANYWHERE! Also it better be backwards conpatible with psn account cuz i have over 200 usd on my GO. Other than that of course dual sticks, better graphics, etc.....

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

All I want is:

2 analog stix (better analog stix, not the same crappy one that the PSP has)

Backwards compatible

atleast a 30gb internal HDD

Graphix to be atleast at Wii level or higher

R2 and L1 buttons

can play music while playing a game

Friends list and trophies would nice

oh and a 12 hour battery life 8)

but I know none of that will happen atleast not in a reasonable price. If the PSP2 had all this (plus more) it will probably cost another 599 US dollars

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
Devil May Cry Resident Evil PS2 Classics (lol) Dual Analogs
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
  • Physical retail games.
  • Support for standard SD cards. Make it a dual SD/MSDuo slot if they must. No M2!
  • Transflective LCD (so I can actually play outdoors, and save some battery life in the process)
  • A proper tilting analog stick.
  • Pressure sensitive face buttons.
jamesm7786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jamesm7786
Member since 2010 • 1074 Posts

so u think that will be a consideration?

Honestly, I do not believe so. In my opinion, I think they will either opt for a cheaper format than a "BluRay UMD" or just be done with physical games. The latter seems unlikely to due to poor PSP GO sales. However, these are all thoughts conjured from the suggestion there will be a PSP 2...

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#63 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Dual analogs, and backwards compatibility. That's all I ask

nightmareticket
yeah me too... though I wouldn't mind a better wifi standard. B is so slow and dated. We need G at least.
jamesm7786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jamesm7786
Member since 2010 • 1074 Posts

[QUOTE="nightmareticket"]

Dual analogs, and backwards compatibility. That's all I ask

donalbane

yeah me too... though I wouldn't mind a better wifi standard. B is so slow and dated. We need G at least.

I agree, B grade is beat... :P

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#65 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I still say they should go Digital only AND offer a digital trade up deal with the big retailers. so those with legit copies can get a digital version...

I still think that a closed digital store will stop gap the piracy problems.. and yes of all the console and handhelds it is a definite problem on the PSP....

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SaudiFury

but really backward compatiblity on handhelds isn't that huge of an issue... at least not to me.

here's what i'd like to see though.

1. updated hardware, for better graphics.
  2. 2nd analog stick
  3. LONGER battery life

and for their own sake

1. better piracy protection...

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ThePlothole

I still say they should go Digital only AND offer a digital trade up deal with the big retailers. so those with legit copies can get a digital version...

I still think that a closed digital store will stop gap the piracy problems.. and yes of all the console and handhelds it is a definite problem on the PSP....

SaudiFury

DD does little to deter piracy. And the publishers must know this. What it really puts a stop to is used game sales. Even if you sold the system the new owner can't transfer any games to their own account.

XXI_World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#68 XXI_World
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

I still say they should go Digital only

SaudiFury

No. No. No. No. No x 100 times.

I prefer displaying games on my shelf, unless they're Minis, or add-on contents. Also, I prefer getting my games for $10 - 15, rather than $30 - 40.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SaudiFury
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

ThePlothole

DD does little to deter piracy. And the publishers must know this. What it really puts a stop to is used game sales. Even if you sold the system the new owner can't transfer any games to their own account.

how is retailer based games better then say a closed network of digital store?
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ThePlothole
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

SaudiFury
how is retailer based games better then say a closed network of digital store?

Because you can lend, trade, and sell your retail games. You don't need an internet connection. Retailers have some control over pricing. And there is no risk of them no longer working one day because Sony pulled the plug on the DRM server. (as is what happened with Sony's Connect music service)