PSP Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#51 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

Any Suggestions for my first psp game? I was thinking Loco Roco or Patapon. Help?

fred1712
I Like Loco Roco 10x more than Patapon. I don't know found Patapon to be a bit boring. You could try the demos for both games.
artfoundry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 artfoundry
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Can anyone help with RPG recommendations? I'm looking at Disgaea, Star Ocean II, Valkyrie Profile, and any others I may have missed. They all look good and I can't decide :o I'm leaning towards Disgaea just because I've always wanted to try something from that series.

MyopicCanadian

If you like tactics games as well, try D+D tactics. D+D is of course the origin of RPGs, so you can't really miss with that (and it's done decently enough). The ending was a bit easier than I'd have liked, but otherwise, a pretty good game.

woonsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 woonsa
Member since 2008 • 6322 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Future Releases

Just a couple releases coming up soon not out yet but they look promising so I'll just list a few so you guys can keep an eye out for them

Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Little Big Planet PSP
Gran Turismo PSP
Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge

I'm sure there's plenty more but there's just a small list of what's to come for the remainder of this year and next year.

I'm getting all of these with the exceptions of motorstorm and gt. but about kingdom hearts, theres been no update for a year now, it's really screwy does anybody know whats going on??

noobsfolife

I think Dante's Inferno could be on that list too. Looks interesting, like a GoW copycat.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#54 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Great list man, seriously!

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Jakesta7
Now, if only people would actually take the time to look at it instead of creating new threads.
falconrye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 falconrye
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts
[QUOTE="Jakesta7"]

tjoeb123
Now, if only people would actually take the time to look at it instead of creating new threads.

Amen, there always seems to be at least 2-3 threads asking for game recomendations on the first page.
Mastastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Mastastar
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts

Hey,

I have a PSP just recently, but the only games I have are Monster Hunter Freedom and /Unite, And I only play those with my friends.

Any games you recommend? I like action games, shooters are good to, not to hard and fun to play anytime and in your spare time,

Games whichlook interesting:

God of War (The demo was to hard for me to finish, so I think the real game is even harder)

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Not released yet)

Prinny: Can I really be the hero? (Reviews said it was to hard too)

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (Really action or just RPG? YouTube videos show slow gameplay)

Metal Gear Solid (Afraid its to hard too)

etc

etc

Well if anybody wants to help me out I would appreciate it :]

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

Hey,

I have a PSP just recently, but the only games I have are Monster Hunter Freedom and /Unite, And I only play those with my friends.

Any games you recommend? I like action games, shooters are good to, not to hard and fun to play anytime and in your spare time,

God of War (The demo was to hard for me to finish, so I think the real game is even harder)

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (Really action or just RPG? YouTube videos show slow gameplay)

etc

etc

Mastastar

Hmm, I'd recommend checking out the Socom titles for the PSP. Fireteam Bravo 1 and 2 are rather cheap nowadays and since you like shooters you may enjoy these titles. Socom Tactical Strike is a different game alltogether though, it incorporates strategy into the gameplay where you basically control a team of four without actually moving them yourselves. Just look for footage of it to see what I mean. you may enjoy that as well.

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and the sequel Logans Shadow are both third person shooters. Dark Mirror, the only one of the two I've played, is rather fun, but can be very awkward to control, making it hard to aim.

Resistance Retribution is a rather new third person shooter that has recieved a lot of accalaim. I haven't heard many people saying it's bad so you may find a great buy in this title. But with it being rather new you'll probably find yourself paying more than other titles mentioned. It also has a thriving online community if multiplayer gaming is to your liking.But beware of hackers.

Metal Slug Anthology is a game you may like, it's a 2d sidescroller collection of most-- if not all of the Metal Slug games out so far. It has a feature to have infinite continues for those that don't like to start all over when you lose all your lives.

As for the games you listed, Prinny can I really be the Hero is. from what I've heard, frustratingly hard. So if difficulty is a major faction as to what you purchase you might want to stay away from it. God of War from what I've heard is a rather fun but short game, I've played the demo and didn't find it that hard, but I have played previous titles in the series, so that may be the reason. I have yet to try my copy of Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core, but it has seemed to be a hit or miss among fans and others alike. Most would agree the story is reasonably great, but when it comes to gameplay, many have stated about the rather bad and repetitive fighting system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

Hey,

etc

etc

Mastastar

If you like action games I would suggest you get Crisis Core and God of War. Both are very great games. Also I believe God of War has the option to change the difficulty. Another action type game that is often over looked is The Warriors. Great game IMO.

gameinfo8956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 gameinfo8956
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

Hello, I decided I should start playing my PSP again and needs some new games for it. I was hoping you could recommend me the top three in your opinion of the list. Thanks. *If you have any games not on the list all suggestions are taken*

Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Resistance: Retribution
God of War: Chains of Olympus
N+
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Killzone: Liberation
Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#61 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Hello, I decided I should start playing my PSP again and needs some new games for it. I was hoping you could recommend me the top three in your opinion of the list. Thanks. *If you have any games not on the list all suggestions are taken*

Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
N+
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Killzone: Liberation
Monster Hunter Freedom, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

gameinfo8956

God of War

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

would be my top 3 from your list.

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#62 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
I'm trying to decide between Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse. Though I've never owned a Wipeout game myself, my cousin had the PS1 games and I loved them. So far, I know that Pure has tons of downloadable expansion minipacks, while Pulse has that interesting single player campaign going on, in addition to adding your own music. Which should I get, supposing I can't find both at really good prices?
ramonl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ramonl2
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts

I'm getting a psn card next week and I heard that capcom is uploading some of their games

which should I get

RE director's cut

RE2

street fighter alpha 3 MAX

or power stone collection

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
RE2 or 1 then power stone.
DGDG1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DGDG1989
Member since 2009 • 344 Posts
Hey I want to know if the PSP 3000 bundles coming out soon like Dissidia and the Rock Band Bundle would be available throughout the fall and holiday season? Or should I get the PSP Go and will the games like Dissidia and Rock Band be downloadable for PSP Go?
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FallofAthens

Hey I want to know if the PSP 3000 bundles coming out soon like Dissidia and the Rock Band Bundle would be available throughout the fall and holiday season? Or should I get the PSP Go and will the games like Dissidia and Rock Band be downloadable for PSP Go? DGDG1989

They should, at least if their not sold out at your local store. I work I Kmart and I still see the Ratchet and Clank bundle packs floating around. With the Dissidia bundle pack coming late august and the rock band one just recently hitting shelves, I would except to see them in stock for quite some time. At least until after Christmas.

As for them being downloadable for the PSP Go. I would except they will be, but as far as I know their is no confirmation about this. But the question is: why wouldn't it?

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 FallofAthens

I'm trying to decide between Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse. Though I've never owned a Wipeout game myself, my cousin had the PS1 games and I loved them. So far, I know that Pure has tons of downloadable expansion minipacks, while Pulse has that interesting single player campaign going on, in addition to adding your own music. Which should I get, supposing I can't find both at really good prices?drummer131

Pure runs for rather cheap now adays. Ebay has 'em for like 8 dollars tops if you look hard enough. But Pulse as far as I seen isn't going to put that much of a dent in your pocket as well. Granted it really depends on what you would rather have more adding your own music/a supposedly better single player campaign, or downloadable packs. Not really a decision one can make for you. But if you really want my opinion I would probably go with the second one, it probably has a better design, fixed problems and probably more content, espically with the extra packs. At least that's what I would go with anyway.

MrEco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MrEco
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
Personally Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground, Dungeon Maker II: The Hidden War, Final Fantasy I Anniversary Edition, Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition, and Brave Story: New Traveler should all be under the RPG section.
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#69 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

[QUOTE="drummer131"]I'm trying to decide between Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse. Though I've never owned a Wipeout game myself, my cousin had the PS1 games and I loved them. So far, I know that Pure has tons of downloadable expansion minipacks, while Pulse has that interesting single player campaign going on, in addition to adding your own music. Which should I get, supposing I can't find both at really good prices?FallofAthens

Pure runs for rather cheap now adays. Ebay has 'em for like 8 dollars tops if you look hard enough. But Pulse as far as I seen isn't going to put that much of a dent in your pocket as well. Granted it really depends on what you would rather have more adding your own music/a supposedly better single player campaign, or downloadable packs. Not really a decision one can make for you. But if you really want my opinion I would probably go with the second one, it probably has a better design, fixed problems and probably more content, espically with the extra packs. At least that's what I would go with anyway.

And in the end, I decided to go that way as well. As far as racing games are concerned, the more vehicles and tracks the better.
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FallofAthens

[QUOTE="FallofAthens"]

[QUOTE="drummer131"]I'm trying to decide between Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse. Though I've never owned a Wipeout game myself, my cousin had the PS1 games and I loved them. So far, I know that Pure has tons of downloadable expansion minipacks, while Pulse has that interesting single player campaign going on, in addition to adding your own music. Which should I get, supposing I can't find both at really good prices?drummer131

And in the end, I decided to go that way as well. As far as racing games are concerned, the more vehicles and tracks the better.

Awesome. I hope you don't regret your decision. :)

Avatar image for adventureseeker
adventureseeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#71 adventureseeker
Member since 2007 • 899 Posts

Not going to write the Good and Bad about each game?

DGDG1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DGDG1989
Is getting a PSP worth it just for the following games? Dissidia Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Naruto Shippuden Legends, Soulcalibur Broken Destiny, Rock Band Unplugged, Phantasy Star Portable, God of War Chain of Olympus, Resistance Retribution, Bleach Heat The Soul (I know there are 6 games but which one is the best?)
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FallofAthens

Is getting a PSP worth it just for the following games? Dissidia Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Naruto Shippuden Legends, Soulcalibur Broken Destiny, Rock Band Unplugged, Phantasy Star Portable, God of War Chain of Olympus, Resistance Retribution, Bleach Heat The Soul (I know there are 6 games but which one is the best?)DGDG1989

Which one being the best is, really, totally up for debate because everyone has different tastes. You have games from different genres and it just depends on the person in which one they think is the 'best.' So I'll answers your question with a question... what genre of gaming do you like more? Do you like third person shooters the best? Then Resistance Retribution will probably be the best one. Do you like hackin' and slashin' through many baddies? Then God War will be the better game. Personally I haven't played any of them, but out of the titles listed I would most likely pick up Resistance Retribution because it sounds the most appealing, being a third person shooter. (I just need more of them in my library, really)

But to answer your question if it is worth it just for these six games-- well, in my opinion, no it wouldn't. You should really browse a bit more, their are plenty of older games out their that may interest you to add to this list, but if this is all your going to really get a PSP for, I don't think you'll get your monies worth. But I'm rather positive if you research into some more you will find some to add on to your list, making it much more worth it.

DGDG1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DGDG1989

[QUOTE="DGDG1989"]Is getting a PSP worth it just for the following games? Dissidia Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Naruto Shippuden Legends, Soulcalibur Broken Destiny, Rock Band Unplugged, Phantasy Star Portable, God of War Chain of Olympus, Resistance Retribution, Bleach Heat The Soul (I know there are 6 games but which one is the best?)FallofAthens

Which one being the best is, really, totally up for debate because everyone has different tastes. You have games from different genres and it just depends on the person in which one they think is the 'best.' So I'll answers your question with a question... what genre of gaming do you like more? Do you like third person shooters the best? Then Resistance Retribution will probably be the best one. Do you like hackin' and slashin' through many baddies? Then God War will be the better game. Personally I haven't played any of them, but out of the titles listed I would most likely pick up Resistance Retribution because it sounds the most appealing, being a third person shooter. (I just need more of them in my library, really)

But to answer your question if it is worth it just for these six games-- well, in my opinion, no it wouldn't. You should really browse a bit more, their are plenty of older games out their that may interest you to add to this list, but if this is all your going to really get a PSP for, I don't think you'll get your monies worth. But I'm rather positive if you research into some more you will find some to add on to your list, making it much more worth it.

I play mostly action adventure, rpgs, fighting, shooters, beat-em ups, hack-and-slashes, and platformers.
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 FallofAthens

[QUOTE="FallofAthens"]

I play mostly action adventure, rpgs, fighting, shooters, beat-em ups, hack-and-slashes, and platformers.DGDG1989

Then it sounds like all the games listed will be the best for you. :P Here, have you looked into these games as well?

RPGS:

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

PoPolocrois

Brave Story: New Traveler

Jeanne D' Arc

Action Adventure (some rpg elements or Diablo style games here as well as Hack-N-Slashes)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

X-Men Legneds: Rise of Apocolypse

Untold Legend Warrior Code

Fighting

Darkstalker Chronicles: Dark Tower

Guilty Gear Judgement

The Con

krisiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 krisiser
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

i like playing action adventure rpgs and shooters

Mooseyboy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Mooseyboy9
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Hey guys, I really need some help with a Final Fantasy decision. I've played almost every game in the series so far for the systems I've had (PS,PS2,DS), and now I'm finally getting a PSP :D I've heard of a bunch of games from the series on this, so I was wondering which I should start with, maybe a rundown of best to worst?

Also, I was wondering if someone could tell me a few games along the lines of FF. I've been hearing a lot about the new Monster Hunter, looks like something I'd love.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
I need a new game. The games I have and like are: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories Burnout (both) and the Sega Genesis Collection I'm getting N+, what else would be good? (exclude Vice City Stories)
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FallofAthens

Hey guys, I really need some help with a Final Fantasy decision. I've played almost every game in the series so far for the systems I've had (PS,PS2,DS), and now I'm finally getting a PSP :D I've heard of a bunch of games from the series on this, so I was wondering which I should start with, maybe a rundown of best to worst?

Also, I was wondering if someone could tell me a few games along the lines of FF. I've been hearing a lot about the new Monster Hunter, looks like something I'd love.

Mooseyboy9

The PSP doesn't have as many Final Fantasy titles at this moment compared to other consoles... or at least the DS, anyway. You have, as far as I know: Final Fantasy 1 and 2, Final Fantasy: Crisis Core and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions and the soon to be released outside of Japan, Dissida. It's really hard to say which is the best and which is the worse one, because I haven't played all of them nor is it really fair because three of the five titles are mainly remakes or simply ports. Final Fantasy Crisis Core is mainly the only 'new' entry on the PSP, which going by popular say on these message boards, Final Fantasy Crisis Core is probably the most regarded out of all five. (at least until Dissida comes out I expect) Second would probably have to be War of the Lions, though being the same as the older game, it's remastered with better graphics, tweaked story-- cutscenes and just added features. At least from what I understand. And that basically leaves Final Fanstasy 1 and 2... which as far as I know is jus the same as the SNES version. so if you've already played them in the past, then their probably won't be much of a difference now. I would just recommend sticking with either Crisis Core or War of the lions... and get Dissida when it comes out because it seems to be rather popular and I've heard only good things about it.

Monster Hunter isn't really like Final Fantasy-- but if you like fighting giant monsters then this might be your game. Sorry I can't elaborate to much because I really don't know the ends and outs of the series.

For other games similar to Final Fantasy-- well, Jeanne D' Arc has a similar appeal as the Final Fantasy Tactics series. If your a fan of turn based strategy games you can't go wrong with this title. Hmm, as for more traditional RPGS, Brave Story seems to be rather decent but I haven't exactly played that one. It might be something to look into. Other than that I can't think of anything along the lines of the greatness of the Final Fantasy series. I would just recommend searching through the PSP library of rpgs and see what you can find.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FallofAthens

I need a new game. The games I have and like are: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories Burnout (both) and the Sega Genesis Collection I'm getting N+, what else would be good? (exclude Vice City Stories)monkeymoose5000

Look into:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Socom: Fireteam Bravo 2

Socom: Tactical Strike

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Jeanne D' Arc

Exit

Final Fantasy: Crisis Core

Ratchet and Clank: Size matters

Untold Legends: Warriors Code

Flatout

Just throwing some games from multiple genres that I have either played and enjoyed or seem to be similar/fared well to what you listed. Hope this helps.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
I actually bought Ratchet and Clank today, hope it's good.
Mooseyboy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mooseyboy9
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Tyvm FallofAthens. I'm definately getting Dissidia when it comes out, guess I can play through FFT's story again, especially with the new cutscenes. I'll look into Brave Story also ;)

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FallofAthens

I actually bought Ratchet and Clank today, hope it's good.monkeymoose5000

I hope you enjoy it, too. :)

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 FallofAthens

Tyvm FallofAthens. I'm definately getting Dissidia when it comes out, guess I can play through FFT's story again, especially with the new cutscenes. I'll look into Brave Story also ;)

Mooseyboy9

Your very welcome. Just hope I helped out. :)

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Im looking for a game thats afordable (cheap) has a fantastic story and has fun single player.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 FallofAthens

Im looking for a game thats afordable (cheap) has a fantastic story and has fun single player.

scouttrooperbob

Hmm, If you like turn based strategy games I'd recommend Jeanne D' Arc or Metal Gear Acid. I loved the stories in these two games.

If you like platformers, I'd recommend Daxter. It has, in my opinion, rather fun single player.

If you like Puzzle games Exit will rack your brain.

If you like Rpgs like Diablo I'd go with Untold Legends: Warriors Code

If you like action rpgs try your hand at Final Fantasy Crisis Core (after you beat Final Fantasy 7 which is also, I'd think, a good recommendation :P)

And finally if you like Hack n' Slash games God Of War may provide you with quite some fun.

Best thing about these game are the fact you can probably find them for 20 dollars or less. I hope this helps. :)

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 scouttrooperbob

[QUOTE="scouttrooperbob"]

FallofAthens

Hmm, If you like turn based strategy games I'd recommend Jeanne D' Arc or Metal Gear Acid. I loved the stories in these two games.

If you like platformers, I'd recommend Daxter. It has, in my opinion, rather fun single player.

If you like Puzzle games Exit will rack your brain.

If you like Rpgs like Diablo I'd go with Untold Legends: Warriors Code

If you like action rpgs try your hand at Final Fantasy Crisis Core (after you beat Final Fantasy 7 which is also, I'd think, a good recommendation :P)

And finally if you like Hack n' Slash games God Of War may provide you with quite some fun.

Best thing about these game are the fact you can probably find them for 20 dollars or less. I hope this helps. :)

I think Im going to get untold legends cause I remember seeing one of the games for 8 bucks and I want an RPG.

makaveli_mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 makaveli_mo
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE OF THIS LONG COMMENT< I KNOW IT LOOKS BORING BUT IT IUS REALLY WORT TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION AND WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR ACTION GAMEs ON THE PSP!!!!!!!!!

ok no analogue stick sucks and we all know that and we cant do anything about it . 16gb hardrive,dont get too happy yet just think about the size of the games and how much space they will take up. READ ON....

has anyone ever thought of this, it would be easier on the psp originals 1000 to 3000. shooting games like resistance and syphon filter were very robotic, it was more about taking cover and slowwly aiming and shooting. uc ouldnt have that crazy hardcore run n gun shooting like ps2 titles like max payne and socom. it was all very slow and it weakened the online function. socom was really weakened by the fact that there was no real aiming on the go just left to right and a free aim while hidden away from enemies. they probably chose the auto aim to stay unique or rather different to its main competitor, syphon filter dm and ls. socom was amazing on the ps2 but only 'good' on psp.
all this was because of the analogue stick that we all crave for and not the graphics, online or whatever else. in syphon filter you have the option of standard aiming of using the face buttons to look around and the analogue stick to move around, in C L A S SI C optionyou move forwards and backwards and turn instead of strafing with the analogue stick, and then u are left with shooting the socom way aiming only left and right or lock ontargeting or free aiming while stopping. BUT.. there is one more option, advanced aiming. this is ideal for the not som many left handers. the left side analogue stick is used as a camera control while the face buttons are used to navigate. this makes it easy to run n gun if u are left handed. i dare say that even left handers find it hard as they too are used to the right handed gameplay from the ps2,xbox and co.

This issue of camera control and slow gameplay can be resolved. it will sound ridiculous but is worth taking into consideration. WHAT IF...WHAT IF... we could play the game UPSIDE DOWN? yes, i know it sounds ridiculous. if we had a shooter where we hold the psp upside down and the actual game on the screen is upside down to suit the way we are holding the psp, the we could have the face buttons for movement and strafing while the analogue stick would be free for use of camera. aaaaah, now you know this is quite a good idea. it should be put forward fellow ign pspers. this could save us all from being stuck with slow paced shooters. this is what we have an option for in syphon filter only witht he screen the right way up. now tell me guys is this ridiculous or will this be the problem to our needs rather than waiting for the psp 2. tell mw i want your opinions nad thoughts on this. i understand if u think im bonkerd but i really believe this would work. thank you for reading my long but interesting comment.

Avatar image for majergameplayer
majergameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#89 majergameplayer
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
Nice list,im kind of interested in some new games now!
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Just got a PSP today, and I had a few questions. 1) Does Portable Ops have control issues? It seems like it would, with only one analog nub. I'll probably end up getting it no matter what, but I just felt like asking. Also, is it out of print? Because it's up for $100 at Amazon. 2) Is Tales of Eternia out in the US? And is it similar to a main Tales game? Love that series. 3) Which would the majority consider to be the better game: Logan's Shadow or Fireteam Bravo 2? Controls are a major factor in that choice for me. 4)Does Jeanne D'Arc play like FFT? Because I absolutely adore FFT. 5)I'm also thinking of picking up a platformer. Should I get Daxter, R&C, or wait until LBP?
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 scouttrooperbob

Just got a PSP today, and I had a few questions. 1) Does Portable Ops have control issues? It seems like it would, with only one analog nub. I'll probably end up getting it no matter what, but I just felt like asking. Also, is it out of print? Because it's up for $100 at Amazon. 2) Is Tales of Eternia out in the US? And is it similar to a main Tales game? Love that series. 3) Which would the majority consider to be the better game: Logan's Shadow or Fireteam Bravo 2? Controls are a major factor in that choice for me. 4)Does Jeanne D'Arc play like FFT? Because I absolutely adore FFT. 5)I'm also thinking of picking up a platformer. Should I get Daxter, R&C, or wait until LBP?pyromaniac223

I played portable ops plus and didnt have control problems and It shouldnt be 100 dollars. yesits probably out of print but its not rare. You could get it at gamestop probably. also get daxter its realy fun and I got it for 5 bucks

iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts

hey everyone I just bought a PSP and I was wondering what the very best games are for the system. I am not picky in genre I just want to play the best of the best, recommend away.

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 scouttrooperbob

Daxter, Metalgear solid portable ops plus, medal of honor heroes 2, and star wars battlefrront renegade squadrent are all pretty good games

heartedsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 heartedsoul
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
he put a pretty good list cant wait for kingdom hearts birth by sleep :D
Ze_Common_Cold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95 Ze_Common_Cold
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

Just got a PSP today, and I had a few questions. 1) Does Portable Ops have control issues? It seems like it would, with only one analog nub. I'll probably end up getting it no matter what, but I just felt like asking. Also, is it out of print? Because it's up for $100 at Amazon. 2) Is Tales of Eternia out in the US? And is it similar to a main Tales game? Love that series. 3) Which would the majority consider to be the better game: Logan's Shadow or Fireteam Bravo 2? Controls are a major factor in that choice for me. 4)Does Jeanne D'Arc play like FFT? Because I absolutely adore FFT. 5)I'm also thinking of picking up a platformer. Should I get Daxter, R&C, or wait until LBP?pyromaniac223

Ze_Common_Cold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96 Ze_Common_Cold
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]Just got a PSP today, and I had a few questions. 1) Does Portable Ops have control issues? It seems like it would, with only one analog nub. I'll probably end up getting it no matter what, but I just felt like asking. Also, is it out of print? Because it's up for $100 at Amazon. 2) Is Tales of Eternia out in the US? And is it similar to a main Tales game? Love that series. 3) Which would the majority consider to be the better game: Logan's Shadow or Fireteam Bravo 2? Controls are a major factor in that choice for me. 4)Does Jeanne D'Arc play like FFT? Because I absolutely adore FFT. 5)I'm also thinking of picking up a platformer. Should I get Daxter, R&C, or wait until LBP?Ze_Common_Cold

Ack Double Post :( 1) Portable Ops, of what I played does not. It is out of print, but Ops + isn't that expensive. The "M" Ops is though, it's really good. 2) Nope. It's an amazing game, but only available in Europe and Japan. You'd have to import it. 3)Hmm....I'd go with Fireteam but that's really just me. Look up some videos, I can't really help. 4)I believe so. I think it's grid is a little weird though, like hexagons or something. Maybe I'm getting some game mixed up 5) If you are picking any title soon, or don't have a PS3 get LBP. Actually, just wait for LBP, it's great.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

New question: wouldanyone that's played Mana khemia: student alliance recommend it? I've always wanted to play an atelier iris-style game (but I never owned a ps2)

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

hey everyone I just bought a PSP and I was wondering what the very best games are for the system. I am not picky in genre I just want to play the best of the best, recommend away.

iloverikku11

Daxter, Crisis Core Final Fantasy VI, God of war Chains of Olympus and i really enjoyed Syphon Filter Logans Shadow.

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

any really funny games out there? with voice acting would be nice to :)

Amxkjau6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 Amxkjau6
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

you have very good taste, but at the moment the psp could do some more with good quality rpgs, i've finished all the good ones.