ps3s selling well??

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xbox830

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 xbox830
Member since 2005 • 822 Posts
don't really care jus got the thing for game nothing more nothing less.
kingalphagold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 kingalphagold
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts
I don't know.
Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#103 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
You know what's funny? The people who are calling the other people here names are the ones in denial about the NPD numbers? Sorry boys I don't see any numbers from you? Unless you think you've proven the PS3 boys wrong, you need to show some facts not "well the Wiis are sold out." Sorry, are you a professional? Especially since the comments made here are extremely offensive, any credibility you thought you had is out the window. Yelping at PS3 fanboys calling them delusional and desperate. They provide links yet some of you do not.

And guy at the BB. You're using your store for every single sale in North America? Enough said.
SirRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 SirRaven
Member since 2005 • 934 Posts
I dunno about other cities/states but I can tell you that here (one of the larger cities in the US) ps3s are sold out. My friend searched 3 best buys, walmart, target, several eb and gamestops. He couldn't find a single one. After he saw mine in action he decided he was gonnab uy himself one. Then all of last week he searched but couldn't find any. His search continues monday.
MuffinsKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MuffinsKill
Member since 2007 • 637 Posts
lol hell no the ps2 are selling more than the ps3
rianlennon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 rianlennon
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
but the ps2 is sellin LOTS
kingalphagold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kingalphagold
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts
I see no reason they aren't.
Insane00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 Insane00
Member since 2003 • 1267 Posts

lol hell no the ps2 are selling more than the ps3MuffinsKill

PS2 isn't just selling more than PS3, its sold better than any other system at the end of the year and also had the best 1st quarter, something like 200 million dollars in 3 months (My memory is rusty, I read the article a month ago). Anyone worried about PS3 sales should just chill, Sony's still making more than enough to float the PS3, after all, that's what starting a new system is all about. Besides, when a last gen system is selling out everyone I think the only people who have a right to brag are the fans of the old system. I still say wait a year, anyways. 

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

Yes, considering it still has no killer apps and its price.

The PS3 will do just fine. Just wait until games like MGS4 come out and a price drop and you'll see the strenght of the Playstation brand.

It's too early to say it's doomed, like some people want to make others believe.

Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.Ace513
I think you are mistaken. Yes they are. Check the NPD numbers. This has been discussed and concluded a ton of times of these boards. People really gotta stop making these repetitive posts.

I work at BB and in my store we have like 60 and they are all collecting dust and same story with and other bb in the district and the gamestops and ebs. So in my experience they arent. Besides if they were they would of surpassed the wiis numbers since those are impossible to find.

Once again I said look at the NPD release. sony is shipping way more units than the wii right now and that's why it's in stock. WOuld you rather it be out of stock so you could say that it isn't selling because they aren't shipping anything?

Well even before they did "all of these shipments" (we have only gotten like 2 medium sized ones) they werent selling well for us. We got 20 ps3s the day before xmas eve and didnt sell out till late next week and we had a big sign saying we were in stock.

Well that's your store then. Where is your store even located in the first place?

CT so no not in omish country.

i live in CT too, west hartford. and no one buys a ps3. 

sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts
Well you see that where the problem lies...If people wait around to buy one then the sales will drop and gaming company will start to think people aren't interested so they will stop making games causing the system to fail...ITS SAD BUT TRUE....so save a life and buy a PS3 your money is going to a good cause
no wrrys ppl r jus waitin for more games to come out then ppl will start buyin themsaladfinger
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
They are selling extremly well in Europe, ok in the US and not so well in Japan, from what iv heard
rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

Well you see that where the problem lies...If people wait around to buy one then the sales will drop and gaming company will start to think people aren't interested so they will stop making games causing the system to fail...ITS SAD BUT TRUE....so save a life and buy a PS3 your money is going to a good causesparkypants

Good idea but premature. It's going to take YEARS of lagging sales (not months) to scare off game developers. Let us not forget Sony was the market leader as recently as one generation ago.

If the PS3 fails, then we might see repercussions for the PS4.

And to add on to the ringing chorus of past posters on this thread: "It's too early to judge the PS3 as a failure after, oh, 6 months."

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts

My god people it hasn't even been one entire year, hell these discussions were starting the very month the ps3 came out.  From the sounds of it the PS3 will do just fine, yea a slow start but their are quite a few good games I have seen that I want that are PS3 exclusive right now, and they are coming out in 2008, FFv13, White Knight Story, who knows what some developers are working on that isn't leaked out yet.

Its sickening how many people come in and think they know absolutely everything going behind locked doors, how their opinion seems to be the only one that truly matters.  How it just so happens "they" know that the PS3 will never sell well in the future.

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
What ps3 needs is some great games and i'm sure it will boost sales, but atm i don't see any major games...shame really.
bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 bluegender
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts
For a $600 system with barely any games the PS3 is selling pretty well. Just imagine when the heavy hitters come out,it's going to be game over.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

The fact that it has sold more units than the ps2 in the same time of its lifespan already means that this thread has ended.

And I think it is selling very well for a 600$ machine, I mean think about it.. Basically everybody that has bought a ps3 has some money to spend so they can also buy more games :D

CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#121 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts
My local walmart says the ps3 is collecting dust "literally". THey are selling very slow for a new console. Yes Sony is doing a good job of shipping huge numbers but this time nobody seems to want their system.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

My local walmart says the ps3 is collecting dust "literally". THey are selling very slow for a new console. Yes Sony is doing a good job of shipping huge numbers but this time nobody seems to want their system.CaptainCrazy

lol this always reminds me of the arguement that, food isn't selling.we always see food, so that mean food is not selling. 

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts

My local walmart says the ps3 is collecting dust "literally". THey are selling very slow for a new console. Yes Sony is doing a good job of shipping huge numbers but this time nobody seems to want their system.CaptainCrazy

alot of people don't want to drop $600 on a console with very few great games.  To some people, the price is fine.  to some, it isn't.  When Sony drops the price, you will see a huge increase in sales.  This will show that the price was the main problem.....not lack of interest. 

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 eclipsed4utoo

The fact that it has sold more units than the ps2 in the same time of its lifespan already means that this thread has ended.

And I think it is selling very well for a 600$ machine, I mean think about it.. Basically everybody that has bought a ps3 has some money to spend so they can also buy more games :D

The_Tombo

don't forget that it has also outsold the 360 in the same timeframe(first 5 months after launch). 

CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#125 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts

[QUOTE="CaptainCrazy"]My local walmart says the ps3 is collecting dust "literally". THey are selling very slow for a new console. Yes Sony is doing a good job of shipping huge numbers but this time nobody seems to want their system.eclipsed4utoo

alot of people don't want to drop $600 on a console with very few great games. To some people, the price is fine. to some, it isn't. When Sony drops the price, you will see a huge increase in sales. This will show that the price was the main problem.....not lack of interest.

Yes, and that would make a lot of people happy to see a price drop. There will never be a day when I buy a product just to "help" out some greedy two-faced corporation. Gamers need to send SOny a clear message but I think they already have. The PS3 isn't going to be successful until the price drops by at least $150. 

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="eclipsed4utoo"]

[QUOTE="CaptainCrazy"]My local walmart says the ps3 is collecting dust "literally". THey are selling very slow for a new console. Yes Sony is doing a good job of shipping huge numbers but this time nobody seems to want their system.CaptainCrazy

alot of people don't want to drop $600 on a console with very few great games. To some people, the price is fine. to some, it isn't. When Sony drops the price, you will see a huge increase in sales. This will show that the price was the main problem.....not lack of interest.

Yes, and that would make a lot of people happy to see a price drop. There will never be a day when I buy a product just to "help" out some greedy two-faced corporation. Gamers need to send SOny a clear message but I think they already have. The PS3 isn't going to be successful until the price drops by at least $150.

I totally agree. however, I think just a $100 drop would help out tremendously. $500 for a 60GB PS3?  they would be flying off the shelves.

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

The fact that it has sold more units than the ps2 in the same time of its lifespan already means that this thread has ended.The_Tombo

The fact that both systems suffer(ed) extreme supply shortages makes your post irrelevant.

And a system that is selling very well wouldn't be sitting on shelves. The PS2 stayed sold out at a greater rate.

just-guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 just-guy
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts

All of you must understand that the PS3 is new in the market, give it some time.

The Wii is not a competitor because it is a different system with a different concept and gamers like machines with POWER.

the fight is with the 360 that is a very good machine with good games,but this is not what making the xbox better, it is all about advertisment 

raualex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 raualex
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

I'm sure most sane guys can admit that it's not flying off the shelves, but then again no-one really honestly expected it to do that, did we?

Sony has always had a hard time early in new generations, but give it a year or two and it'll be going full steam ahead. 

bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 bluegender

^Lol ( wonders if JE got his/her router yet? )

Col_Kilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Col_Kilgore
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

Don't call me dumb when you actually say "your annoying". My what is annoying?

Get over yourself, Judgement Eden. I can see from your sig you're someone who unjustifiably holds himself above others, while at the same time crying when others supposedly exhibit the same behavior. 

Crush my views? LOLOL! Go get some sun, son.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 eclipsed4utoo

Get over yourself, Judgement Eden. I can see from your sig you're someone who unjustifiably holds himself above others, while at the same time crying when others supposedly exhibit the same behavior.

Col_Kilgore

so you can clearly sit here and say that 4 million(or whatever) worldwide sales isn't great for a $600 console that has very few games?  I think it's exceptional for it to have that many sales.

but I see how you are, you want to fault Sony for fully supplying the market.  I guess you would rather see PS3s sold out everywhere so you could say, "the PS3 sold 50,000 units...HAHAHA LOL".  They are damned if the do and damned if they don't. 

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#134 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

Col_Kilgore

Lol, actually Col_Kilgore...That is a sig made since i have been a member almost 3 years ago. Its true i have a hard time tolerating certain viewpoints, however i will only state it once and be done with it. Unlike you who goes on and on until you convert somebody.

I have been wanting to change that sig for awhile now, but wont until i get something better.

(Yes bluegender, i have my router :))

XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 XL83
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.Ace513
I think you are mistaken. Yes they are. Check the NPD numbers. This has been discussed and concluded a ton of times of these boards. People really gotta stop making these repetitive posts.

I work at BB and in my store we have like 60 and they are all collecting dust and same story with and other bb in the district and the gamestops and ebs. So in my experience they arent. Besides if they were they would of surpassed the wiis numbers since those are impossible to find.

Since when is working at Blockbuster being part of "the industry"?

3 million sold, 360 stagnating at 10.5 mill after a year and a half, I'd say its selling pretty well under the circumstances.  

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts

Sooo, PS3 at a 1/2 year has sold 3 million. 360 at 1 1/2 years has sold 10.5 million. So, PS3 after 1 1/2 years will have sold ~ 9 to 10 million. Soo, how is the PS3 doing worse?

^Owned 360 fanboys.

BTW, BB is not blockbuster, it is Best Buy. 

nirvanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 nirvanna
Member since 2003 • 48 Posts
they arent selling well at the store im working at. we have 9 in stock.
XL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 XL83
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Sooo, PS3 at a 1/2 year has sold 3 million. 360 at 1 1/2 years has sold 10.5 million. So, PS3 after 1 1/2 years will have sold ~ 9 to 10 million. Soo, how is the PS3 doing worse?

^Owned 360 fanboys.

BTW, BB is not blockbuster, it is Best Buy.

Spartan8907

Right, my bad. Point still stands though, working at Best Buy, or Wal Mart, or Gamestop, or EB, or whatever, doesn't make you part of the game industry, it just makes you an employee at a store. You don't have any inside info and you're not an expert. I think its funny when people say "my buddy works at Wal-Mart, and he says..." like hes some sort of pundit whose words should be heeded.  

hatecalledlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 hatecalledlove
Member since 2004 • 1383 Posts
for the ps3's price point, I actually think it's selling extreamly well.
Dragons-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Dragons-Soul
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.Ace513

You must be american.You guys think just because its not selling well there its the same everywhere else in the world lol.

PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 PimpiNbananas
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

For all of you who keeps saying that Sony should have a price drop from $600. At least you don't have to pay $1200 just for a friggin Ps3. Thats how much we have to pay for our gaming needs.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="CaptainCrazy"]My local walmart says the ps3 is collecting dust "literally". THey are selling very slow for a new console. Yes Sony is doing a good job of shipping huge numbers but this time nobody seems to want their system.ff7isnumbaone

lol this always reminds me of the arguement that, food isn't selling.we always see food, so that mean food is not selling. 

its ridiculous, people think that the second they see an item like this on the shelves that no one wants it.

Well i see lots of movies on the shelves, i guess no one is interested in movies anymore

I see lots of Ipods on the shelves, i guess no one wants those either.

I see tons of toilet paper on the shelves. i guess the intrest just isn't there!!!

i mean come on people, a company finally gets it right and has a proper supply of consoles and all of a sudden just because there are consoles means its not doing well?

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 americahellyeah

For all of you who keeps saying that Sony should have a price drop from $600. At least you don't have to pay $1200 just for a friggin Ps3. Thats how much we have to pay for our gaming needs.

PimpiNbananas

and htere is a price cut on the way, the price of the Bluray drive has went down a hundred bucks, they're taking out the emotion engine in favor of software emulation, and their switching to the 65nm processor chip.

It'll drop a hundred bucks at least by christmas.

bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 bluegender
[QUOTE="Col_Kilgore"]

JudgementEden

Lol, actually Col_Kilgore...That is a sig made since i have been a member almost 3 years ago. Its true i have a hard time tolerating certain viewpoints, however i will only state it once and be done with it. Unlike you who goes on and on until you convert somebody.

I have been wanting to change that sig for awhile now, but wont until i get something better.

(Yes bluegender, i have my router :))

Ok,cool because i already added you to my PSN.Check your mail box on PSN.

PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 PimpiNbananas
[QUOTE="PimpiNbananas"]

americahellyeah

and htere is a price cut on the way, the price of the Bluray drive has went down a hundred bucks, they're taking out the emotion engine in favor of software emulation, and their switching to the 65nm processor chip.

are you sure? cos this is what we have to pay for Ps3 and games in our country. http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.filereader?4639814201362570273fc0a87f330683+EN/catalogs/CTG0002301              

http://search.dse.co.nz/search.php?sessionid=4639814201362570273fc0a87f330683&site=&w=ps3   

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="PimpiNbananas"]

PimpiNbananas

are you sure? cos this is what we have to pay for Ps3 and games in our country. http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.filereader?4639814201362570273fc0a87f330683+EN/catalogs/CTG0002301              

http://search.dse.co.nz/search.php?sessionid=4639814201362570273fc0a87f330683&site=&w=ps3   

holy crap!, where do you live? New Zealand?

Well i'm not sure that any prices will drop over there, just in JPN and North America.

How much does your dollar convert into Canadian dollars?

PimpiNbananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 PimpiNbananas
[QUOTE="PimpiNbananas"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="PimpiNbananas"]

americahellyeah

holy crap!, where do you live? New Zealand?

Well i'm not sure that any prices will drop over there, just in JPN and North America.

How much does your dollar convert into Canadian dollars?

well all I know is $0.74 US  is $1 NZ

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Tombo"] The fact that it has sold more units than the ps2 in the same time of its lifespan already means that this thread has ended.Col_Kilgore

The fact that both systems suffer(ed) extreme supply shortages makes your post irrelevant.

And a system that is selling very well wouldn't be sitting on shelves. The PS2 stayed sold out at a greater rate.

Hmm First off all.. ths ps3 is not suffering from extreme supply shortages... maybe the first weeks but that got solved sooner than any of the other 2 consoles..

And don't you think that if the ps3 sold more in the same time frame as the ps2 .. and the ps3 is still on the shelffs and the ps2 was not .. that that just means that the ps3 is getting shipped better and supplied more than the ps2?

And it sold more than the 360 in the same time frame.. so i fail to see how my post is irrelevant..

It seems more like it was you're post that was\is irrelevant. 

amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#149 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

not bad

Console Wars

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 eclipsed4utoo

they arent selling well at the store im working at. we have 9 in stock. nirvanna

so I guess you work 24/7 to know that NO PS3s are selling at that store.Â