ps3s selling well??

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PyroXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PyroXD
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts
are playstation3's selling well?
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
not another one of these...*lord help me and the other users on this board from topics like these, amen*...
Ace513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ace513
Member since 2005 • 115 Posts
No they arent.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
No they arent.Ace513
I think you are mistaken. Yes they are. Check the NPD numbers. This has been discussed and concluded a ton of times of these boards. People really gotta stop making these repetitive posts.
Ace513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ace513
[QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.onemic
I think you are mistaken. Yes they are. Check the NPD numbers. This has been discussed and concluded a ton of times of these boards. People really gotta stop making these repetitive posts.

I work at BB and in my store we have like 60 and they are all collecting dust and same story with and other bb in the district and the gamestops and ebs. So in my experience they arent. Besides if they were they would of surpassed the wiis numbers since those are impossible to find.
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.Ace513

I work at BB and in my store we have like 60 and they are all collecting dust and same story with and other bb in the district and the gamestops and ebs. So in my experience they arent. Besides if they were they would of surpassed the wiis numbers since those are impossible to find.

Well that's some really conclusive evidence. This board is going to hell.
Ace513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ace513
[QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.ramey70

Thanks
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 onemic

Once again I said look at the NPD release. sony is shipping way more units than the wii right now and that's why it's in stock. WOuld you rather it be out of stock so you could say that it isn't selling because they aren't shipping anything?
Ace513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ace513
[QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.onemic

Once again I said look at the NPD release. sony is shipping way more units than the wii right now and that's why it's in stock. WOuld you rather it be out of stock so you could say that it isn't selling because they aren't shipping anything?

Well even before they did "all of these shipments" (we have only gotten like 2 medium sized ones) they werent selling well for us. We got 20 ps3s the day before xmas eve and didnt sell out till late next week and we had a big sign saying we were in stock.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.Ace513

Well even before they did "all of these shipments" (we have only gotten like 2 medium sized ones) they werent selling well for us. We got 20 ps3s the day before xmas eve and didnt sell out till late next week and we had a big sign saying we were in stock.

Well that's your store then. Where is your store even located in the first place?
Ace513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ace513
[QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.onemic

Well that's your store then. Where is your store even located in the first place?

CT so no not in omish country.
jaminnbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaminnbn
Member since 2006 • 299 Posts
lol at my gamestop they have huge signs saying "we have ps3's! buy them now!" and theyve been up since the post christmas sale and i asked the guy and he said the store has sold 4 since then while recieveing 40 he was probably exagerating to try and get me to buy one but they also hav a sign saying "go away we dont have anything wii related"
saladfinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 saladfinger
Member since 2004 • 48 Posts
no wrrys ppl r jus waitin for more games to come out then ppl will start buyin them
Ace513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ace513
no wrrys ppl r jus waitin for more games to come out then ppl will start buyin themsaladfinger
Add a price cut then you will be right.
nas-tmayne2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 nas-tmayne2k6
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts

fanboy alert
SuperSix6075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 SuperSix6075
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts

Lol why do people care just play the system you like, like ps3 great like wii good , like 360 awsome... go play like all well then good for you ... doesnt matter lol..... go play what ever makes you happy god bless lol

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

I work at a gaming store and I have 4 Wiis(the only ones we had since launch) and they are sitting there since launch. We have sold 2 PS 3 20gb of the 4 20 gigs we had, and we are expecting to have some 60g versions next month. Do you know why do we have Wiis? Easy, location, but I guess thats a term you are not familiar with. If you dont believe me, I have them poster at: Mercadolibre.com.ar  ( http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-25461490-nintendo-wii-a-estrenar-_JM )

The system sells if its well allocated, that means it need to be in places were the following is met:
Public can meet the price, public wants the product, easy to get for a vast majority
If its lets say in a small town of course the units are going to sit there and wait for dust to cover them. I guess that the gossips are true afterall. The employes from BB and GS are completely stupid.
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts
PS3 is still selling faster then the PS2 did at its same point in life and we know how that turned out....
Ace513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ace513
[QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.kenshinhimura16

I work at a gaming store and I have 4 Wiis(the only ones we had since launch) and they are sitting there since launch. We have sold 2 PS 3 20gb of the 4 20 gigs we had, and we are expecting to have some 60g versions next month. Do you know why do we have Wiis? Easy, location, but I guess thats a term you are not familiar with. If you dont believe me, I have them poster at: Mercadolibre.com.ar  ( http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-25461490-nintendo-wii-a-estrenar-_JM )

The system sells if its well allocated, that means it need to be in places were the following is met:
Public can meet the price, public wants the product, easy to get for a vast majority
If its lets say in a small town of course the units are going to sit there and wait for dust to cover them. I guess that the gossips are true afterall. The employes from BB and GS are completely stupid.

Thanks for showing me a site I cant read and my bb is not in a nowhere area.
xxxkylexxx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xxxkylexxx1
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
PS3 is still selling faster then the PS2 did at its same point in life and we know how that turned out....KaptainKernal
discussion over
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
i like ps3.........i play games with it......its the only type of console i have
fireblazer236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fireblazer236
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts
Well they must be since I CAN'T EVEN FIND ONE!!!
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 washimul
Member since 2006 • 841 Posts

at least learn to lie in a proper way.

PS3s are all sold out at BB and futureshop

on the other hand over 5000 x360s have been available at these stores for the last 30 days.

www.bestbuy.ca

www.bestbuy.com

www.futureshop.ca

washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 washimul

dont trust the NPD numbers.......they are all manipulated by MS bribes?

here check the link:-

both ps3s and wiis are selling out..............except 360 which is now dead in NA too

www.gamesindustry.biz

SONY has sold 1 million ps3 units in 2006.

NINTENDO has sold 2 million units in 2006.

NPD lied about the x360 figures which were around 600k___800k rather than 1.2 million

washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 washimul

1 million ps3s were shipped in 2006.

2 million Wiis were shipped in 2006.

all those consoles were sold out.

10.4 million x360s were shipped by 2006.

just 8 million of them were sold to consumers...........i know this is the way to hurt xfans

jay_k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 jay_k3
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts
At the EB, The worker told me that all systems are selling pretty good. He told me that the best system that sells is the Wii and it is literally sold out once they get em. He said that xboxs are selling like crazy but they get a ton of them. He said that the ps3s are doing pretty well. He said the only reason why they are sold out like the Wii is mainly the price tag. He also said sometimes people are willing to settle for the 360 because its cheaper.

Sir_BIGnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sir_BIGnuts
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.Ace513

CT so no not in omish country.

I wouldn't call CT exactly populated. Its nowhere near the population of the areas around it. The largest city,Bridgeport, has a total population of 139,529 according to a 2000 census. So in the mind of someone who lives in Boston, which has a population of 589,141 which is 4.2 x the population of Bridgeport, CT might as well be Amish country.

PL4YB3YOND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PL4YB3YOND
Member since 2006 • 400 Posts
It's selling fairly well, but could do a bit better. People should just quit posting these pointless threads.
darkhunter15a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkhunter15a
Member since 2005 • 1750 Posts
[QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.onemic

If they are then why are they just piling up in stores? Nothing like how the Wii is selling
Bam_Butch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Bam_Butch
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts

Uhuh , yeah. You and 99% of GS work at either Best Buy , or Target and you all have 800 PS3's sitting on shelves. I know , I know , your not the first one to say this.

captainhowdy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 captainhowdy23
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
 Doing better than the 360 did when it first came out :D.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Wow just Wow

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.darkhunter15a

If they are then why are they just piling up in stores? Nothing like how the Wii is selling

So basciallly what you are telling us you get all the sales figures from all the stores in the US?  Come on now you can do better than that, because at my local bb and gamestop they are selling pretty steady.

DoctorWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DoctorWan
Member since 2007 • 463 Posts
If PS3 does not sell by March, that's when you guys should be worry. It's useless to argue about it right now, as you know its an expensive system and smart consumers are holding onto the money and waiting for Reviews to come out. Why argue now? argue at the end of March.
laez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 laez
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts

And that's why BestBuy.com lists them as being sold out and NOT AVAILABLE FOR STORE PICKUP ANYWHERE. Stop your BS hating. Besides, you work at Best Buy and are not allowed to talk crap about any brand or product you sell. So go away before I tell your manager.
Vigore9754

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vigore9754
Member since 2004 • 185 Posts
I was in my best buy the other day and they had about 10 ps3's. (I didn't bother to count)  The funny thing is I overheard the salesrep telling someone he shouldn't buy one.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
Read. http://www.gwn.com/articles/article.php/id/850/p/title/title/PlayStation_3_Supply_Surpasses_Demand.html
Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts
lol ive been trying to buy a wii for a monmth now always sold out when i check in or im like 5 min late the ps3 is always in stock ,but in live in reno where everyone is cheap so yea know i mean if i wanted to instead of buying a wii games and 1 gig mem card i could buy a ps3 but im waiting for price t go down or devil may cry 4
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

LOL! Another, "I WORK AT BB and because we have x amount of PS3s and it's not like an xmas rush anymore. This represents the WHOLE WORLD as proof that the PS3 sux and they are not selling" rant.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="Ace513"]No they arent.washimul

dont trust the NPD numbers.......they are all manipulated by MS bribes?

here check the link:-

both ps3s and wiis are selling out..............except 360 which is now dead in NA too

www.gamesindustry.biz

SONY has sold 1 million ps3 units in 2006.

NINTENDO has sold 2 million units in 2006.

NPD lied about the x360 figures which were around 600k___800k rather than 1.2 million

Micrsoft is very good a bribes. I mean, even xbots brag about how they can buy people with their horde of cash.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Well they must be since I CAN'T EVEN FIND ONE!!!fireblazer236
same here :(
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
If you guys that can't find one are really itching to get one go to the Fredericksburg VA Best Buy and dive into the pile they have stacked up in the middle of the store. They are all 60GB beauties. If Richmond is closer go to the Circuit City and ask. They are all stocked up as well. Sony has done a fine job supplying the state of Virginia with 60GB PS3's. Its the 20GB version I haven't seen anywhere. So maybe that's the hot seller. Its time for reality to intrude into the fanboys brain. People are chafing at the high price point big time. Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword aren't going to change that. Maybe if they launched with Metal Gear and Final Fantasy things would be different but they don't have anything to sell the system right now nor in the near future. Best Buy didn't even have the price posted near their pyramid of PS3. Its funny watching people ask and then run away like they'd seen a ghost.
JamMessiahJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JamMessiahJC
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts
Selling well enough, I just took the plunge. Despite the fact it'll be serving as a Blu-Ray player mostly until MotorStorm.
PyroXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PyroXD
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts
o, im getting various answers , so im going to wait until the end of march until i'll decide to get one because , that's probably when sales increase.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 onemic
o, im getting various answers , so im going to wait until the end of march until i'll decide to get one because , that's probably when sales increase.PyroXD
NPD figures already show that the PS3 is doing very well when compared to the wii. It think that already says enough.
The_Exculpator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 The_Exculpator
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
i think they are...since its selling faster than the ps2 did at this point, i feel optimistic :)
Avatar image for GamersNightmare
GamersNightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GamersNightmare
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
Well in Indiana they are selling and selling fast. Walmart is always getting them in and they gone in no time at all. EB games also says they don't last too long in there stores and I have 10 around me within 40miles of me so they sure are selling here fast.
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts

the bb you work at is 1 store out of how many in N/A and Japan? wow...
ArchAngel2284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 ArchAngel2284
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
no they aren't!!!! haha