Ps3 20g hardrive will be enough for oblivion but....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

You may have to do the clear cache trick that 360 owners did sometimes for it.

Otherwise it may make load times even longer

davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts
what clear cache trick are u talking about
zhuojloh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zhuojloh
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts

consider the load time is faster than xbox 360. I will think their caching method are different than xbox 360. we might not need to.

perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

Not sure how to do it.

But there is a way you can delete all the previous saves except the last one for oblivion so that there is more hard drive space

Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
i dont undertsnad what the worrying is about. just like with home pc's theres always cache..BUT you decide how much of your mb you want to use for it. i find it INSANELY hard to believe that its gonna take up gb's of the ps3's Hard drive. and you have the choice to use cache or not.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
20 gig is plenty, and I believe it is up to you weather you want to use the hard drive or not.  And I think it is only at most 5 gig you would use anyway.
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
[QUOTE="zhuojloh"]

consider the load time is faster than xbox 360. I will think their caching method are different than xbox 360. we might not need to.

_Peoples_Champ_

zhuojloh

Considering Besthesda said Xbox 360 was faster. Due to a slow tranfer rate sony made with only 2x on the blue ray player.

The PS3 version of Oblivion isn't a simple port of the game either, although players who have picked up the 360 version will be very familiar with the control scheme. For one thing, the PS3 version has been optimized to take advantage of the Cell processor and hardware that the system offers. As a result, the game runs a lot faster than the 360 build. Entering dungeons or buildings results in a load of 3-5 seconds, compared to the 7-10 seconds or longer for the 360 version of the game. Similarly, the amount of framerate drops or hitches that cropped up in the wilderness as you accessed a new area on the 360 have been substantially reduced on the PS3 version. There is a plan to completely eradicate these issues as the game nears release, as well as fixing a number of bugs that were present in the other builds. Kiss the item duplication glitch goodbye.
The visual presentation of Oblivion has also been significantly enhanced. While it was a beautiful title on the 360, far off environmental details often displayed low resolution textures. This has been fixed with new shaders dedicated to rendering the foreground cleanly with sharper details, so rocky landscapes now have craggy appearances instead of smooth, non-distinct surfaces. While there is still a fair amount of pop-in that occurs (which can't be helped due to the size of the world), the draw distance is farther than the 360 version. As a result, screens from the PS3 version should approach those from high end PCs running Oblivion, which is an impressive feat. We'll have more on Oblivion soon, but for now, check out these new screens

ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts

perfect-dank-0
Please perferct-dank, stick to SW forum where you belong :P
Avatar image for noodles12345678
noodles12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 noodles12345678
Member since 2005 • 602 Posts
[QUOTE="perfect-dank-0"]

ZeLeam
Please perferct-dank, stick to SW forum where you belong :P

even though you're just kinda playin around by suggesting him posting in system wars, its always a post like that, that sparks conflict and gets the topic locked when it probably wasnt meant to be a debate in the first place.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

If cached files exceed a gig, then that's more of an installation...