PS Store: where aren't we getting big hit PSOne classics like FF7 or RE?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#51 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

[QUOTE="Marked_Man"]I don't understand it either.I doubt that they have much control over the 3rd party games,but they should have already added the first party games like Tomba,Ape Escape,Alundra (missed that one) and Omega Boost.It's like they just don't give damn.If I remember correctly,Re1 & 2 are both on the Japanese store.ChiefFreeman

Yea, Tomba is another harder to find classic. how about Skullmonkeys, or the Abes Oddworld titles. How about Klonoa or Soul Blade. Those are some cool old PS games.

I agree with you there on Tomba (and Tomba 2), great games. Used to own them. Damn I want those again.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

Final fantasy will not be in the store, so just go buy it.

PS: If you guys want ff7, cc & re...why not just go buy them? Stop depending on the store to deliver these and then complain about the store being wack when you can just buy them.

henry4th

Easier said than done my friend. Go to your local... wait, better yet, go to any store in the entire city you live in and see if you can find FF7, CC, or Valkyrie Profile. Have fun:lol:.

Well, I bought my chrono cross again from a store in canal street (Chinatown) & saw valkyrie & ff7 there chilling....with more than one copy. Said & done.

THis is only because you live in a city with chinatown (got to love chinatown), but most poeple don't live in a city with chinatown. Where do they get the copy?

Amazon.com.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#53 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

PS: If you guys want ff7, cc & re...why not just go buy them? Stop depending on the store to deliver these and then complain about the store being wack when you can just buy them.

MusashiSensi

Easier said than done my friend. Go to your local... wait, better yet, go to any store in the entire city you live in and see if you can find FF7, CC, or Valkyrie Profile. Have fun:lol:.

Well, I bought my chrono cross again from a store in canal street (Chinatown) & saw valkyrie & ff7 there chilling....with more than one copy. Said & done.

I dont think people own their own private jets and can fly over to your china town. Even if they lived near a china town (I do) theres no guarantee you would find anything of interest. I believe the users of this console have a right to be agitated at the "do-nothing" US store.

I dont care how much crap they have to do before putting a game up. The Japanese did it, they better do it as well. It seems as if the person in charge of the US Store pulled some games out of his ass. They just pull crap out at a random drawing "Oh, lets see what we get this time! THE ORIGINAL WARHAWK!!!"

No....give us some damn MGS, RE & RE2, Tomba, FF, Metal Slug etc!

Omega_tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Omega_tx
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts
I agree. There were so many great classics that would be worth getting if they put them in the store. Like Bust-a-Groove, ffvii and chronocross
Leon7J7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Leon7J7
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
It might be because they are thinking about remaking ff7 for the ps3 and if they just put up the PS version no one would buy the ps3 version so that may be why. It would be awesome if they remade those classic's such as chrono cross, FF7 , FF8 and some other great RPG's that are nearly impossible to find considering a mint condition copy of FF7 is worth well over a hundred dollars on E-bay.
Jacboy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jacboy71
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
[QUOTE="henry4th"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

MusashiSensi

THis is only because you live in a city with chinatown (got to love chinatown), but most poeple don't live in a city with chinatown. Where do they get the copy?

Amazon.com.

Did you check the prices at amazon the lowest price is frickin $74 :?

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="henry4th"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

Jacboy71

Amazon.com.

My initial point was that it is nearly impossible to find these games just laying around in store. And to tell somene to stop complaining about these games not being on the PS Store when you can just buy them in a store is ludicrous.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
Crash Team Racing! better than Mario Kart. Fear Effect 1 and 2, Speed Punks, Tomb Raider, Rayman........Keep it going!
phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 phoenyx9
Member since 2006 • 2444 Posts
[QUOTE="Jacboy71"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="henry4th"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

KH-mixerX

Amazon.com.

My initial point was that it is nearly impossible to find these games just laying around in store. And to tell somene to stop complaining about these games not being on the PS Store when you can just buy them in a store is ludicrous.

I guess you guys didn't hear me before. I joined a game trading site, traded some games I didn't need. Once I had 1000 pts (approx $50) I requested FF VII, there was a waitlist but it moved fast and I had a copy within two weeks. It's in great shape too. If you want to check it out click my sig.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Crash Team Racing! better than Mario Kart. Fear Effect 1 and 2, Speed Punks, Tomb Raider, Rayman........Keep it going!ChiefFreeman

Totally agree!! i want CTR with online play that would be so awesome

Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts
Japan has so many ps1 games out...
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#62 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I dont understand the point of not having a very large amount of PS1 classics in the PSN store. Just think if we could have these games in the store for like 7-8 bucks, games like:

1. FFVII
  2. FFVIII
  3. FFIX
  4. Resident Evil 1-2
  5. Vagrant Story
  6. Chrono Cross
  7. FF Tactics
  8. Metal Gear Solid
  9. Syphon Filter 2

Sony would make bank, and it would be so awesome to not have to go onto amazon and get certain games for 40 bucks used.

gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

Am I the only one who isn't more than a bit perplexed about the Playstation stores limited offerings of classic PS One titles? Really Sony, what gives? Where is Final fantasy 7, Resident Evil 2, ChronoCross, Metal Gear solid 1, Gran Turismo? How about adding some of those rare, hard to find ebay darlings like Suikoden 2 or Valkyrie Profile?

Do Capcom and Square Enix have objections to their titles being on the PS store or something? I give Sony credit for putting up Syphon filter, Tekken 2 and CastleVania: Symphony of the Night, but they can really do more. If the titles are going to be limited, at least put up the best ones. The ones that would have the most demand. Don't you think?

ChiefFreeman

Like FF7 and Crono cross.... i hope never

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I think some of you are forgetting that not everyone has access to amazon or ebay or all those other overpriced sites that sell (what would be now considered) overrated games. Not everyone lives in the States and such

I wouldnt mind paying full price for those great PS1 games like Chrono Cross, RE, etc but the very least having them on the store for grabs. I dont see how that wouldn't benefit companies even more, since not many idiots are gonna be shelling out $70+ on some PS1 games just so they could experience it. I payed $600+ for my ps3 alone, and I better see Sony take some action, b/c it's for their sake, if they want to save any face in the console wars and whatnot

unless they want me to... stray on the wrong path so to speak. you know, *cough*illegalemulatorsverybad*cough* *cough* *cough* ehem *clears throat* I think I might be coming down with something
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

I think some of you are forgetting that not everyone has access to amazon or ebay or all those other overpriced sites that sell (what would be now considered) overrated games. Not everyone lives in the States and such

I wouldnt mind paying full price for those great PS1 games like Chrono Cross, RE, etc but the very least having them on the store for grabs. I dont see how that wouldn't benefit companies even more, since not many idiots are gonna be shelling out $70+ on some PS1 games just so they could experience it. I payed $600+ for my ps3 alone, and I better see Sony take some action, b/c it's for their sake, if they want to save any face in the console wars and whatnot

unless they want me to... stray on the wrong path so to speak. you know, *cough*illegalemulatorsverybad*cough* *cough* *cough* ehem *clears throat* I think I might be coming down with somethingthattotally

And when you do want that enough. Theyll be their. Its not like their trying to not make what you want.

MalcolmYuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MalcolmYuy
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts

If anyone's browsed through the PlayStation Blog (and I have surfed through the comments a number of times), then you'd know this is requested A LOT. One of Sony's representatives said there were a lot of things regarding uploading a PS1 game onto the Store, such as liscening, ratings, cross-appeal, localization, and music rights.

Though it all sounds good, I still don't get why Sony doesn't release more, since from what I've heard about the competitors being able to do a better job. If they can do it, then surely Sony can. They do need to step on it.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts
[QUOTE="thattotally"]

unless they want me to... stray on the wrong path so to speak. you know, *cough*illegalemulatorsverybad*cough* *cough* *cough* ehem *clears throat* I think I might be coming down with somethingtruenextgen

And when you do want that enough. Theyll be their. Its not like their trying to not make what you want.

While I appreciate your optimism, I'd rather see some confirmation to reinstall my faith in Sony and all that :D

Rat-Bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Rat-Bastard
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
It seems to be a regular disappointment all around. Not to deviate from the PS3 discussion, but the Wii's Virtual Console suffers the same fate. Both systems are releasing games, but not the games that could score them big $'s all over again. I think they hit a great mark with re-releasing Castlevania:SOTN, in my opinion that is one of the greatest games of all time, but all the other games are pretty much misses. I don't hear an awful lot of people saying how glad they are that Spyro the Dragon was re-released, or people calling in sick from work because they were up all night playing Destruction Derby. Come on Sony, lets do something big.
Power_Sentai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Power_Sentai
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
Because those game would actually make Ass-Loads of Cash, and maybe sony in not willing to divie up that much dough.....
KingJduro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 KingJduro
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

We want resident evil 1, resident evil 2, resident evil 3, final fantasy 7, final fantasy 8 final fantasy 9, dino crisis, gran turismo.