Project Dark is Demon's Souls 2 - Gameplay Footage Revealed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

Okay, it's technically not Demon's Souls 2, but it's being made by the exact same developer (From Software) and this footage pretty much confirms that this is everything we loved about Demon's Souls but the name.

Seriously, check it out here.

HOLY CRAP, HUGE DRAGONS AND CRAZY ASS BOSSES OH GOD I'M EXCITED

Jackininy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jackininy
Member since 2010 • 99 Posts

Woo! Get hyped! :D

uno-dos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uno-dos
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts

Campfires and friends, I'm in. If it's half as good as the orginal I'll be happy.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
Having recently finished DS, I did think there were plenty of areas to improve. Least of which being making the game challenging for my mage build. Here's hoping they build on from DS.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)Young_Charter

They changed the title because Sony owns the DS IP & project dark is multiplat.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)Young_Charter

nah they changed the name because Sony owns the IP for Demon's Souls

LethalEu4ia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LethalEu4ia
Member since 2009 • 314 Posts
I love how it's so obviously DS2. Even down to the text. Watch the name be like "Souls Demon's" or "Demon's Hearts" something.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)

Honestly, I think the online components in Demon's Souls are close to perfect, and adding something like mic support would only ruin the whole integrated-multiplayer thing they have going on. *A BLACK PHANTOM HAS INVADED YOUR WORLD!* "Oh ****! Man, this is creepy! I sure hope I can strategically find out where this invader is an thwart his attempts to take m-" "YOU DUDE! LOL, I'M A BLACK PHANTOM! WHAT'S UP? I'M A LEVEL 4- oh wait hang on. My mom wants me to get the groceries. BRB, BRO!" "..."
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)

Honestly, I think the online components in Demon's Souls are close to perfect, and adding something like mic support would only ruin the whole integrated-multiplayer thing they have going on. *A BLACK PHANTOM HAS INVADED YOUR WORLD!* "Oh ****! Man, this is creepy! I sure hope I can strategically find out where this invader is an thwart his attempts to take m-" "YOU DUDE! LOL, I'M A BLACK PHANTOM! WHAT'S UP? I'M A LEVEL 4- oh wait hang on. My mom wants me to get the groceries. BRB, BRO!" "..."

*Charter watches the black Phantom stay still as Hazelnutman stares* "......Let's soul suck em back to level 1 !!! :twisted: "
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)_Matt_

nah they changed the name because Sony owns the IP for Demon's Souls

ooo.. That makes sense then :P it says its coming out 2011... If it does, I'll be getting day 1 like how I got DS
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)Twin-Blade

multiplat ? ouch
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Young_Charter
spooooky :o
Botodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Botodile
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts

Wow, awesome trailer! It really does look like DS2. I'll be all over this when they release more details! DS was an incredible game!

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

very misleading topic my friend.

Yazu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#16 Yazu13
Member since 2005 • 5185 Posts

Indeed, that is pretty much Demon's Souls 2. They might as well call it that. It has the same art and gameplay style. Plus the same atmosphere.

Anyway, I couldn't be more excited! Demon's Souls was one of the greatest things to come out of this generation, so a sequel can only kick some major ***.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
It's not a sequel to Demon's Souls, although it looks exactly like it. This is what the game industry calls, a spiritual succesor.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Oh my gawd! heck yes! Demon's Souls is the best PS3 game to date i can't wait for this!

Ozbendigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ozbendigo
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts

why isn't atlus publishing this game?

ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

definetly.. looks like another story and another time that took place in the same world... going to look forward to this

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

why isn't atlus publishing this game?

Ozbendigo
....lol,they published Demon's Souls to US ONLY.And made U.S servers.Bamco is publshing cuz they have more $$$ From/Sony should of really asked Bamco to publish Demon;s Souls to Europe and U.s at the same time.Lame move...
TrueIori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 TrueIori
Member since 2005 • 1752 Posts

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I basically think it's DS2... but I think they wanna changed the title because DS had a couple things missing Im guessing... (like Mics and etc)Twin-Blade

@TrueIori The way I understand things, Sony owns the name for Demon's Souls, and doesn't want Fromsoftware making a DS2 that's not way easier than the first, so FromSoftware is making "NOT"Demon's Souls 2.

What i was told by someone on Youtube.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

Excellent news…

As long as the core game play and difficulty of DS will remain intact (or be as similar as technically possible), the devs can name this game whatever the hell they want. And as soon as I'm 100% confident that this game will indeed play like DS (the video provided, although very persuasive, did not grant me complete certainty that it will), I'll visit Amazon immediately.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

now the question is... can fromsoftware recapture the magic of demons souls without help from sony.. and can sony make a great DS 2 without fromsoftwares' help:idea:

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

God i hope it doesnt say a black phantom has entered, I tried it once and realized it was stupid cause, the guy just went back to where He started lol. then i got demolished by him and his friend, there goes being a badass haha

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Way too awesome, a must have....
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Young_Charter

God i hope it doesnt say a black phantom has entered, I tried it once and realized it was stupid cause, the guy just went back to where He started lol. then i got demolished by him and his friend, there goes being a badass haha

jerkface96
lol I got jumped a lot of times.. I think they should make it 2 Black Phantoms and 4 party members at least.
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I sure as hell hope that we don't have to wait another sixty years for the European release.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
So does the real Demon's Souls start here? :P lol, I'll definitely get this, no questions asked, if it captures the essence of DS well.
Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

ok this has immediately jumped to the top of my most anticipated list, well right behind bioshock infinite lol. but i really hope they dont change the gameplay and difficulty to try and appeal to the masses. i LOVED the first game.

Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#32 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

This looks awesome!

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Young_Charter
I really don't blame them for making the game multiplat. I think it's a great move so they could get more money in their pocket and perhaps give us more than we've gotten for DS1. Like DLC or something.... and I wish we could do combos and etc and get a combo system.
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sphire
Hopefully they make the game actually challenging for a mage.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Campfires and friends, I'm in. If it's half as good as the orginal I'll be happy.

uno-dos

For me, it has to be way better than the original. One can only hope the campfire with friends is indicating a good Co-op system. I bought DS expecting to be able to play with a friend, and instead they are only supposed to help you every now and then. I will keep an eye on this, but the overall package DS delivered was mediocre in my opinion. Graphics, Story, and Multiplayer all left a lot to be desired. The combat was good enough, but needs to be tweaked. And PLEASE no pitch black levels. it just isnt fun in any way.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Young_Charter
Hopefully they make the game actually challenging for a mage.Sphire
yeah because the Spellcasters had it pretty easy if you think about it lol
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sphire
[QUOTE="Sphire"]Hopefully they make the game actually challenging for a mage.Young_Charter
yeah because the Spellcasters had it pretty easy if you think about it lol

I don't even have to think about it, I know it since that's how I played. Bosses were ridiculously easy (except 1). Like Naveed, I think there's plenty of room for improvement. And agree on the no pitch black levels too(or at least implement it better). A.I.'s greatest advantage over you shouldn't have to be darkness.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Young_Charter
I know what u r sayin... All I know is that I am excited for this game and I hope it comes out next year.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
I love how it's so obviously DS2. Even down to the text. Watch the name be like "Souls Demon's" or "Demon's Hearts" something.LethalEu4ia
pretty much the DS IP is pretty much useless now, there aint no point in it if this game is coming out.. Thats like bungie making a halo game without the name halo but everything is down to a T. Sony wasted there money making this exclusive and the devs played em. Not mad that this is multiplat just whats the point in the end if they are gonna do this from the get go thats a waste of investment and time. Sony should be outraged imo.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Young_Charter
They would probably call it Demons 2 or something like that.. I just hope they could make it a title where it could be more of them like a Final Fantasy Series. This game is going to rock.. its making me want Demon Souls all over again..
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Looks cool. Still have to buy Demon's Souls, will try to do so before this year ends.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Young_Charter
Looks cool. Still have to buy Demon's Souls, will try to do so before this year ends.kweeni
its 26.99 now so it was worth the wait to save money so get it now.