position of the joysticks on the ps3 controler

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

i wish they would of made a new design for the ps3's controler pad, i always thought the joysticks were badly positioned on it. ive never been able to play a shooter very well on the ps2, or ps3 for that matter. i think the design of the xbox and xbox 360 controler is better, much more confortable. anybody else thinks the ps3's controler should be redesigned ?

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
Nope I love the SIXAXIS.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
Nope I love the SIXAXIS.theycallmeryan
me to, i can play FPS with either the Sixaxis, 360 Controller or M+KB, just makes you a better gamer all around if you adapt
Baller91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Baller91
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts
I hate the Xbox controller The Sixaxis is great i dont know wat u talkin about
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
I prefer the uniform, symetrical nature of the PS2/PS3 controllers. Besides if they changed it people would just say they're copying.
Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
Same here. I always figured if you're going to be using both sticks equally, as in fps', it's better to have them symmetrical.
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
the playstation controller is easier to use, and u can master it faster ex: pick up any game and be able to know every control , motion movement , combo ,etc in the game just by looking at the game or clicking only the square, tringle, cirlce and x button and feeling the controller in ur hand lol
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
i think i asked the question on the wrong forum...
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts

ive got both systems and i cant stand shooters for ps3. the triggers on the 360 feels just like a real rifles trigger. who wants to shoot while pressing a button. not me. if you dont believe me hold a real rifle and you'll see what i mean.

although for racing, sports, and adventure games the ps3 controller is superior.

Avatar image for nintendomaruigi
nintendomaruigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 nintendomaruigi
Member since 2005 • 496 Posts
I have no problem with them other then they feel alot more loose then the Dualshock2 anoyone else know what i mean?
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
I like em, just took practice at first now its just second nature. The xbox controller is to fat for me so i dont like it. We all know that Mouse and keyboard is the ultimate.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts
I got used to the xbox controller but still never really liked it... pretty much the same with the 360. Since the dualshock was already pretty much the most comfortable controller so far... the sixaxis is pretty much a slightly tweaked version... My favorite controller so far.
SirRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SirRaven
Member since 2005 • 934 Posts

ive got both systems and i cant stand shooters for ps3. the triggers on the 360 feels just like a real rifles trigger....

cLAssic_BLUE
that's where you stopped making sense. Anyways, I too think the symmetry of the PS3's analog sticks is better for FPS games. I always found aiming in Halo to be a chore. You can get much faster responses and tighter aiming when your thumbs are working in unison from the same position as to the layout of the 360 control. Sure, I agree that it is comfortable but I prefer analogsticks together for FPS...actually mouse + keyboard, lol.
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
[QUOTE="cLAssic_BLUE"]

ive got both systems and i cant stand shooters for ps3. the triggers on the 360 feels just like a real rifles trigger....

SirRaven
that's where you stopped making sense.

yeah, real rifles are NOTHING AT ALL like the triggers on the xbox controller.
sm66612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sm66612
Member since 2004 • 453 Posts
I love the SixAxis!:wink:
YogidAbEAR152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YogidAbEAR152
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
i loved the ps2 controller, but now after playing my 360 for months the playstation contoller just feels awkward. 360 controller is a better design.
crippledjungle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crippledjungle
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
i guess since a lot of us have been using the same ps controller design since the dual shock was first introduced, most of us will say we don't have a problem with the position of the joysticks on the ps3 controller...
i find a symetrical design just more...uh, appealing...that and why change something that doesn't need fixing?
Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
SixAxis rocks

I actually kind of like the motion minigames in Call of Duty 3.  If anyone is a shooter fan with a PS3 and hasn't picked that up...grab it now

Framerate is a little unpolished because the game was a port rushed for launch but I feel the Call of Duty gameplay and motion sensing makes up for it
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cLAssic_BLUE
you can honestly say shooting with the r2 shoulder button feels better than the right trigger on the 360 . Man you fanboys are RICOLAAAAAAAAAAAAA, REDICULOUS.
Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
360 trigger feels like mush

IMO..

Flame me
eric_bauer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 eric_bauer89
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts
i hate the original xbox controllers cause they were gigantic...thank god they decided to come out with the smaller ones soon afetr...i was gonna kill myself with it...WAY too bulky for me...with it being big was tough for me...i do admit i like the xbox triggers more than the ps3 controllers...more realistic but i think that the "ergonomics" of the ps3 controller is great
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cLAssic_BLUE
like i said REDICULOUS.
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

[QUOTE="theycallmeryan"]Nope I love the SIXAXIS.Maverick128
Same here. I always figured if you're going to be using both sticks equally, as in fps', it's better to have them symmetrical.

Agreed. That's what makes the xbox/360 controller so funky... assymetrical analogs don't even feel right.

crippledjungle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 crippledjungle
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
i hate the original xbox controllers cause they were gigantic...thank god they decided to come out with the smaller ones soon afetr...i was gonna kill myself with it...WAY too bulky for me...with it being big was tough for me...i do admit i like the xbox triggers more than the ps3 controllers...more realistic but i think that the "ergonomics" of the ps3 controller is great
eric_bauer89

i always think i'm the only person that still uses the original gigantic xbox controllers...
whenever i would play halo with my friends, they'd always laugh at me because i was the only who still used the original controller...haha...
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
I'm sure my opinion will count for very little after I state this, but I loved the original Xbox controller. Anyway, I too wish Sony had repositioned the left thumbstick. The reason is my fingers are kind of long and the current setup (at least based off the Dual Shock) forces me to move my hand a bit a way from the controller, so the controller is no longer resting in my palm. So what ends up happening for me is my hands get cramped trying to support the controller in a very strange way. But this does lead me into a legitimate question about the controller. From what I remember hearing, the thumbsticks are a bit different this time around. Now, I did criticize the positioning of the sticks, but the previous versions had a very smooth and almost rounded outward feel which made using them even more difficult. Are the current sticks any better, like with a rougher feeling on top for a better grip or slightly indented tops?
joslop500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 joslop500
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

i wish they would of made a new design for the ps3's controler pad, i always thought the joysticks were badly positioned on it. ive never been able to play a shooter very well on the ps2, or ps3 for that matter. i think the design of the xbox and xbox 360 controler is better, much more confortable. anybody else thinks the ps3's controler should be redesigned ?

jack00
i agree anout the sticks, but the doad is way better on the sixaxis the 360's dpad is just horrible
bondps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bondps3
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

i used 2 it but yes i would rather have a 360 controler, but im used to the sixaxis so i love it

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts
Smells like a troll to me
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts

ive got both systems and i cant stand shooters for ps3. the triggers on the 360 feels just like a real rifles trigger. who wants to shoot while pressing a button. not me. if you dont believe me hold a real rifle and you'll see what i mean.

although for racing, sports, and adventure games the ps3 controller is superior.

cLAssic_BLUE

HAHAHAHA wow comparing the trigger of a rifle to an xbox controller's trigger is extremely dense, especially if youve ever really fired a rifle (yes i have im in the army and qualified expert), like wow man..... but anyway back to the original question, i like the positioning better on the ps3 controllers, it feels much more natural for my thumbs, but thats all a personal opinion really, i find it easier to aim that way....and back to forbidden>
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
i think i asked the question on the wrong forum...jack00

lol...you expected ppll to bash the controller? well actually you asked on the right forum.
fezano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fezano
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

hell yeah the ps3 controller is great for all ypes of games.Last gen i had both xbox and ps2 but i played multi platform games on ps2 even though graphics were not great.the xbox360 controller is good only for fps and tps but playing other games it have more problem.ps3 controller may not be that much good for fps and tps.but its overall the best controller

PS2_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PS2_Forever
Member since 2004 • 572 Posts
The playstation controller is without a doubt the most versitile controller ive ever used. XBOX and 360 are just....trying to be "too kool"
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

I love and always have loved the Sony controller layout.  I have played shooter very well with it.  Look at Socom.  No issues there doing whatever I needed done.

Xbox's controller is junk.  The joysticks are all off center or in whatever place they could fit it.  It doesn't flow with your biology.  It doesn't take into account how your hand works.

Sony's controller places the joysticks in the same place on each side.  That makes it easier for your thumbs to work them.  Just because someone can get used to a an Xbox controller over time doesn't mean that the controller is better.

visli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 visli
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts
Sony's controlller is definitely the best controller out there for me. I hate the Xbox360 controller, can't get used to it. It's to big, it's way to slow for playing and the directional pad is awful.
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
the playstation controller is easier to use, and u can master it faster ex: pick up any game and be able to know every control , motion movement , combo ,etc in the game just by looking at the game or clicking only the square, tringle, cirlce and x button and feeling the controller in ur hand lolRoushrsh
How is that different than any other controller? I prefer the offset joystick... thats the main reason i only own a 360 at the moment. i owned a ps1 and ps2 and id have to say FPS games are just much easier with offset sticks... same with racing games. Then again its all just opinion.
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

I love and always have loved the Sony controller layout. I have played shooter very well with it. Look at Socom. No issues there doing whatever I needed done.

Xbox's controller is junk. The joysticks are all off center or in whatever place they could fit it. It doesn't flow with your biology. It doesn't take into account how your hand works.

Sony's controller places the joysticks in the same place on each side. That makes it easier for your thumbs to work them. Just because someone can get used to a an Xbox controller over time doesn't mean that the controller is better.

dubvisions
Actually your body works better when your hands are not side by side or attempting to make the same movement at the same place at the same time. The way i see it, every console since the ps1 that want a PS console has used an offset... and thats the reason why. If you ask a lot of people on the other boards they would all be saying the exact opposite of you. This makes me wonder who actually knows which one "flows with your biology" (i think you mean anatomy) better.
meiyoumingzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 meiyoumingzi
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts
The sixaxis feels more comfortable in my hands then the 360 controller and I like the sixaxis' positioning of the analog sticks better even for FPS's.  However, I do like the triggers of the 360 better.  I feel like you get a better grip on them and pulling it feels more natural because of the curve.
Avatar image for -_Aceofspades_-
-_Aceofspades_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -_Aceofspades_-
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
word.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

cLAssic_BLUE
I have held a few rifles in my lifetime and i don't think a controller can simulate it by just having triggers. So no it doesn't feel more real.

PS: If you like the 360 controller so much, just buy a 3rd party controller that has the same design.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vampyronight
[QUOTE="cLAssic_BLUE"]

Krigon
I have held a few rifles in my lifetime and i don't think a controller can simulate it by just having triggers. So no it doesn't feel more real.

PS: If you like the 360 controller so much, just buy a 3rd party controller that has the same design.

Unfortunately, I don't think any 3rd parties have done that (or ever will...usually they just copy the current design as best as possible). Then there's the issue of quality...
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cLAssic_BLUE

what a bumch of dorks! obviously its not the same as a real rifle but for a controller having a trigger most closely resembles a real rifle. you ever seen a gun which has a button as the trigger.

And for an earlier reply, yes I have fired a weapon. Did my Amy training in Fort Sill, OK. Delta 1/19 baby.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
why so the others can say omg sony copied micro. na i rather have the mthe way they are.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Well the ps3 controler is just fine I have no grips with it. Also you now MS copied off the Nintendo GC controler right.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts

And for an earlier reply, yes I have fired a weapon. Did my Amy training in Fort Sill, OK. Delta 1/19 baby.

cLAssic_BLUE

can i have a hoooah? lol but seriously man my point is no matter what its still a button, besides the ps3 had sressure sensitive triggers now too so it really doesnt make much of a difference its just shaped differently
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
[QUOTE="Krigon"][QUOTE="cLAssic_BLUE"]

Vampyronight

Unfortunately, I don't think any 3rd parties have done that (or ever will...usually they just copy the current design as best as possible). Then there's the issue of quality...

I knew a saw a controll that looked like a 360 one :) at my store.

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Vampyronight
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"][QUOTE="Krigon"][QUOTE="cLAssic_BLUE"]

Krigon

I knew a saw a controll that looked like a 360 one :) at my store.

Got a little excited there for a second. That's the PC version. The PS3 version looks like an extremely ugly version of the PS3 controller (in other words, same analog placement). Can't linkify because of Firefox, but: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2905,CONTENTID=12335
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts

jack00
I am the opposite. After playing FEAR for about an hour on my 360, my hands start hurting from the awkward position. I never had that problem with FPS on the PS2.
needlesmcgirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 needlesmcgirk
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
I like where the sticks are located. I think the xbox controller is pretty good though too. But the sixaxis is definitely awesome.
jechts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jechts
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
to me the ps controller has always been the most natural feeling, id say its much better for fps games too. as for whoever said that the ps controller should have shoulder buttons shaped like triggers, dont forget these controllers have to be designed to work well with all game types. oh and the 360 controller is still too big, one of the reasons xbox doesnt sell well in japan is because they have smaller hands generally and they cant get used to the xbox controllers size.just doesnt suit them