Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#153 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I just bought a Ps3 a week ago and I just gotta congratulate the TC of this thread for his effort I got here and saw a well ordered and summarized list of all must have games on the Ps3 in their respective genre it was really useful in making up my mind. Thanks!
paunstefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 paunstefan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I should get Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition (Bioshock 1 and 2) or the Assassin's Creed Anthology (all the games in the series with all the DLCs) ? I never played any Bioshock or AC.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I just bought a Ps3 a week ago and I just gotta congratulate the TC of this thread for his effort I got here and saw a well ordered and summarized list of all must have games on the Ps3 in their respective genre it was really useful in making up my mind. Thanks!Darthkaiser

Thank you very much :)  I hope you enjoy your Ps3!

redmangoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 redmangoose
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts

Great list there! Might add some my own suggestions later on.
When do you think you're going to update it again?

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 NoirLamia777

Great list there! Might add some my own suggestions later on.
When do you think you're going to update it again?

redmangoose

I've been meaning to update it for a while, got a ton of new games since the last update.  

lostshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 lostshore
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the sweet list, thorough and entertaining to view. :)
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

Hello all.

This is not exactly a game question but Ill post it anyway. I was thinking of getting a PS3 mainly for the exclusives I've missed over the past 5 years. I've been skeptical though since the next gen consoles are just around the corner and Im not sure its smart buying one just as the industry is about to switch over to newer consoles.

Getting a PS4 when it releases and playing PS3 games on it via their streaming service is out of the question though. I'd definitely wait if the PS4 had native backwards compatibility support and get that instead but it looks like that's not gonna happen. So, getting a PS3 this late - yay or nay? And if so, how important is HDD space on it really?

Thanks.

XenoLair

Depends if there are enough exclusives you have interest in to warrant a purchase.

Me personally, I'd just wait for PS4.

DarKH-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 DarKH-B
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
That list must have took a fair amount of time and thought. Fairly large that is.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 NoirLamia777

That list must have took a fair amount of time and thought. Fairly large that is.DarKH-B

Yep sure did lol :)

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 NoirLamia777

Just updated the list, if I missed anything let me know!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#163 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
great update, i don't think you are missing anything
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 NoirLamia777

great update, i don't think you are missing anythingThe_Last_Ride

silvaslik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 silvaslik
My dad bought a virgin hotspot wireless internet stick and I have it connected to the internet on my Ps3 but when I go to play something online I get told that there is no servers avalible but my friends are all on servers. I need ergent help. It is drilling my head in. All i want to do is PLAY COD ONLINE ARGHHH It is saying the NAT Type has failed and the server connection timed out. Is there anything I can do?
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#166 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]great update, i don't think you are missing anythingNoirLamia777

i am wondering if i should get Killzone or Resistance though
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 NoirLamia777

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]great update, i don't think you are missing anythingThe_Last_Ride

i am wondering if i should get Killzone or Resistance though

I personally enjoyed Killzone more, both are great games though.  I have yet to play R3.

Zerohmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Zerohmus
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts
I haven't seen Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2\3 there, anyway great list. Thanks.
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

So what do guys think about Modnation Racer and Playstation Allstars Battle Royale? I'm looking for something different than I would normally play. What about Little Big Planet Karting?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#170 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

So what do guys think about Modnation Racer and Playstation Allstars Battle Royale? I'm looking for something different than I would normally play. What about Little Big Planet Karting?

Blazed
Modnation was pretty fun with the limited time I had on it. I loved PSABR on my Vita, especially playing online, but I think in some new patch they made it so a character can only roll by first pressing block, then moving the analog stick, instead of being able to just tap block while moving to roll. Pretty much completely broke the flow of the game for me and it's hard to get back into. If it's only me though, go ahead and buy the game for cheap. It's pretty barebones SP-wise, but the battle system's fun and multiplayer is really great.
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

anyone know of any good adventure/action games with rpg elements?

I already played deus ex, dragons dogma and skyrim

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 NoirLamia777

Regent192
Demons/Dark Souls.
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Regent192

[QUOTE="Regent192"]

NoirLamia777

Demons/Dark Souls.

oh yea I already have both

I forgot about them when I posted that :P

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#174 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I'm in dying need of a good jrpg, I feel like the last great one I played was valkyria chronicles. everything else wasn't that good

So the only two ones that I haven't plaed are ni no kuni and tales of graces f. Personally I'm more interested in tales of graces f, but I'm scared of a major price drop or free on ps+ once tales of xillia comes out. 

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Regent192

I'm in dying need of a good jrpg, I feel like the last great one I played was valkyria chronicles. everything else wasn't that good

So the only two ones that I haven't plaed are ni no kuni and tales of graces f. Personally I'm more interested in tales of graces f, but I'm scared of a major price drop or free on ps+ once tales of xillia comes out. 

da_illest101

I'm also interested in tales of graces f

but I'm worried about the unbalanced difficulty in that game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-594be627b82ba

[QUOTE="da_illest101"]

Regent192

I'm also interested in tales of graces f

but I'm worried about the unbalanced difficulty in that game

Yeah unabalanced difficulty can be troublesome, but it can also offer more challenge to the game. Though if the game is a grind fest I might not get it all
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 NoirLamia777

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"][QUOTE="Regent192"]

Regent192

Demons/Dark Souls.

Good, good :P How about Ni No Kuni? I haven't played it yet but people say it's astounding.
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Regent192

[QUOTE="Regent192"]

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"] Demons/Dark Souls.NoirLamia777

Good, good :P How about Ni No Kuni? I haven't played it yet but people say it's astounding.

I played the demo, I didnt like it for some reason

and I think my family would think its wierd that I would be playing as a little kid :P

_Perfectionist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 _Perfectionist

Blazed
I could tell you about LBG Karting. I played it at my cousin's house and I tell you, it is pretty boring :| I mean, I really like Mario Kart Wii but this is just terribly boring. I couldn't complete one race. In the end, it is just an opinion :)
RED032497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 RED032497
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Just so that you all know I have dial-up internet where I live (remote region in Canada) and am wanting to buy a game were I can play offline, although I can go to my friends house who has internet and download any required updates that are required. I searched this up on Google only to find numerous answers which none seem to very clear only that The Call of Duty series was recommended. Don't even try to convince me to get Killzone or watever else. I only plan on buying one of these.

Out of the games listed

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts 

Which has the following offline capabilities?

• offline co-op multiplayer
  • offline multiplayer bots
  • offline zombies (only BO and BO2)

I know Ghosts is not out yet but can it be expected for it to have the same offline capabilities as BO2 had?

I also know that BO2 has all of this but I have played the game before and did not enjoy it as much as BO and MW2, so BO2 would be my last choice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-594be627b82ba

I ended up buying ni no kuni. I went with it because I remember enjoying the demo. I also care more about tales of Xillia than graces f. Finally I'm not playing a shooter lol

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazed"]

_Perfectionist

I could tell you about LBG Karting. I played it at my cousin's house and I tell you, it is pretty boring :| I mean, I really like Mario Kart Wii but this is just terribly boring. I couldn't complete one race. In the end, it is just an opinion :)

Yea, I played the demo and it was boring. Modnation Racer is fuuuun. I regeret not buying it sooner. Definitly worth the money for Kart Racing fans.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#183 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
Can anyone recommend some good splitscreen racers or shooters (with co-op CAMPAIGN, not spec ops like COD) Thanks
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#184 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Can anyone recommend some good splitscreen racers or shooters (with co-op CAMPAIGN, not spec ops like COD) Thanksistuffedsunny
I think the Motorstorm (latter two) games are split-screen throughout their campaigns. Killzone 3 is great and is split-screen in its campaign. Borderlands absolutely bores me, but it and its sequel are split-screen. Resistance 3 has it, and so do all the games in the Army of Two series, though that series' quality is questionable to many. Call of Duty World at War has this too. FUSE is a recent game with it. If you consider Resident Evil 5 and 6 shooters, then they have split-screen campaign co-op as well. Anyways, I've come off as rambly, so perhaps this may help you more: http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&direction=DESC&playerComp=%3E%3D&playerNum=2&splitscreen=on&singleplayercontent=on&genre=8&esrb=%25&released=Y http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&direction=ASC&playerComp=%3E%3D&playerNum=2&splitscreen=on&singleplayercontent=on&genre=27&esrb=%25&released=Y http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&direction=DESC&playerComp=%3E%3D&playerNum=2&splitscreen=on&singleplayercontent=on&genre=16&esrb=%25&released=Y Do notice, that list is missing a lot of games.
jaywhy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jaywhy619
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Can anyone recommend a game like Kingdom Hearts, Jak and Daxter, and/or Ratchet and Clank for PS3? Don't say Sly Cooper I have also played and love the first Uncharted Game I am currently playing God of War and I have Infamous 1, but haven't played it yet and I am looking to buy Bioshock and I have both Batman Arkham games I've tried Assassin's Creed and I wasn't that big a fan of it Please don't mention sequels of games I have already played
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#186 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
[QUOTE="istuffedsunny"]Can anyone recommend some good splitscreen racers or shooters (with co-op CAMPAIGN, not spec ops like COD) ThanksBlabadon
I think the Motorstorm (latter two) games are split-screen throughout their campaigns. Killzone 3 is great and is split-screen in its campaign. Borderlands absolutely bores me, but it and its sequel are split-screen. Resistance 3 has it, and so do all the games in the Army of Two series, though that series' quality is questionable to many. Call of Duty World at War has this too. FUSE is a recent game with it. If you consider Resident Evil 5 and 6 shooters, then they have split-screen campaign co-op as well. Anyways, I've come off as rambly, so perhaps this may help you more: http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&direction=DESC&playerComp=%3E%3D&playerNum=2&splitscreen=on&singleplayercontent=on&genre=8&esrb=%25&released=Y http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&direction=ASC&playerComp=%3E%3D&playerNum=2&splitscreen=on&singleplayercontent=on&genre=27&esrb=%25&released=Y http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&direction=DESC&playerComp=%3E%3D&playerNum=2&splitscreen=on&singleplayercontent=on&genre=16&esrb=%25&released=Y Do notice, that list is missing a lot of games.

Big thanks, this'll keep me busy :D
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 NoirLamia777

Updated with The Last of Us, Metro Last Light, Remember Me, and Deadly Premontion.

wkp63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 wkp63
Thank you for the updated sharing
leonhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 leonhead
Member since 2007 • 1524 Posts

Didn't realize PSN store had access to all these classics like: Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Toy Story, bug lifes etc. Just had the biggest nergasm. I don't have a PS3 and the Jak and Daxter HD remake alone has convined me to buy one. 

xXMrCHR1SXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 xXMrCHR1SXx
Hey everyone, I just started uploading to my youtube channel. Im doing various lets plays and currently doing one for Tomb Raider. If you can, give it a look and maybe give me some feed back as to what I can do better. Thanks. https://www.youtube.com/xXMrCHR1SXx
tazzydnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#194 tazzydnc
Member since 2006 • 3874 Posts
I've had a PS3 for years now to use as a Blu-ray player but never bought a game. What should my first game be? I'm pretty out of the loop in playstation land and all my 360 games were stolen a couple years ago when my apartment was burglarized. To give you an idea of my taste, I really liked Gears of War, Call of Duty, Halo Reach, Skyrim and Assassin's Creed. I hear the Last of Us is really good and also I really liked God of War on the PS2. Thanks!!
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Hows the last of us? I need a good survival horror game. Is it any good?

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#196 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

Hows the last of us? I need a good survival horror game. Is it any good?

realistic44
My brother told me it was one of the best games he had ever played.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Awesome list.
hyfar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 hyfar
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hey, I am a total newbie when it comes to fighting games. Could anyone recommend me a good one that is kind of "friendly" to new players? From what I have seen SSF4 looks good, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 looks super interesting cool. Could anyone help me out here, thanks.
SismisPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 SismisPRO
Hey guys ! , i fully recomend to you the next games which will come out soon. [ I'am new on this forum, but please don't think that I am an amater or somthing like that , i am playing on the PS since it camed out ] : 1. Assassins Creed 4 : Black List 2. GTA 5 3. Splinter Cell's Devision - an very cool online mulltiplayer game :) 4. Call of Duty : Ghosts 5. Company of Heroes 2 6. GT 6 7. Need For Speed Rivals 8. Remember Me 9. The Last of Us 10. Grid 2 Tnx, if you want to add somthing just comment to this message... I know i have missed somthing,...but don't know what ? :P :):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D :
SismisPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 SismisPRO
Hi, If you are shearching for a good fighting game then a good is . Injustice : Gods Among Us ====>>>>>>> http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/reviews/injustice-gods-among-us-review-6407055/ Thats if you like the superhero fighting stuf :P