Playing old PS1 games with your mind.,

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MMIplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MMIplayer
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hey, I developed a small system using a brain wave headset, and a Raspberry pi mini computer to replace the NES controller. It plugs into the NES and I can play all NES games with just my mind. Its rather simple and fun, although I find the Mario games much more difficult now. Hypothetically this should also work on SNES, Sega, PS1, and any other gaming systems that do not use too many buttons. It would not work on any games as complex as those from the N64. My question, am I just an odd person who likes doing odd things, or would others want to try this too? I was thinking of replicating it and using kickstarter to distribute the equipment. For the system the cost would be about $200. Is that too much considering it would enable players to experience all of their old games in a very different way? Tell me your thoughts. Thanks
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
My first thought was Power Glove. >_>
MMIplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MMIplayer
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Nope a brain wave headset. So think others would want to play?
happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
I want pictures and a video. I'm intrigued.
jaay55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaay55
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts

I don't think I am ready to controll my character with just my mind. The fact that it is possible is kind of scary! Controller for me please.

Magma45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Magma45
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I want pictures and a video. I'm intrigued.happy_dude64

Ditto.

Kaizorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kaizorn
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="MMIplayer"]Hey, I developed a small system using a brain wave headset, and a Raspberry pi mini computer to replace the NES controller. It plugs into the NES and I can play all NES games with just my mind. Its rather simple and fun, although I find the Mario games much more difficult now. Hypothetically this should also work on SNES, Sega, PS1, and any other gaming systems that do not use too many buttons. It would not work on any games as complex as those from the N64. My question, am I just an odd person who likes doing odd things, or would others want to try this too? I was thinking of replicating it and using kickstarter to distribute the equipment. For the system the cost would be about $200. Is that too much considering it would enable players to experience all of their old games in a very different way? Tell me your thoughts. Thanks

My buddy bought one of these brain wave headset things...he tried playing WoW with it. Called his character "nohands" got him to level 3, but kept getting headaches after playing for more than just a few minutes..