Other people are going to be playing the NGP at E3, and . . .

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

More than likely, for the 5 minuets (or whatever short time) that users get with an NGP floor model; expect to see 50-75% youtube videos which have users mainly using the dual analog sticks and glaring at the display.

I want to stop that academic so, if there are VIP's invited to the E3 Sony event, please make sure to test everything (if possible):

• Augmented reality
  • Front/back touch
  • Motion controls
  • What LiveArea looks like

In return for recording those features (preferably in 720p, no weird techno music in the background and, with a good view of what's going on) than expect a reward for that. The reward most likely coming in the form of a "like" video click from myself (and others), channelsubscribers and comments about how awesome you are for recording all that stuff.

Is that to much to ask for? Considering the NGP (aka PSP2) is the first device to have actual dual analog sticks, it is tempting to record just that but, hopefully other people record the other stuff and upload it on YT. If the game being recorded only uses dual analogs hopefully people will opt for recording a game that uses other inuts first. Games with dual analogs will be recorded by others and Sony is going to be on at June 6th so there should be enough time to cover nearly all bases with one or two NGP demo's.

No VIP's that are going to E3 are likely to respond to this request but, if they are seeing it hopefully they will keep some of these topics in mind before recording and reporting. Thanks!!!

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I'm curious about the other stuff, but really, my number one concern is the games and how they play. I want to see more games, with some longer gameplay footage than the current demos we've already seen...

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wakefulness

I'm curious about the other stuff, but really, my number one concern is the games and how they play. I want to see more games, with some longer gameplay footage than the current demos we've already seen...

lensflare15

Fair enough. I want to see al basis coverred. So long as videos aren't repetative, I'll be good. Engadget should have good coverage.

Kotaku too, probably . . .

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#4 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
Official coverage will cover most my gaming needs I think. I think the thing I want to see the most from user is what else can this thing do. It looks to have a completely new OS, so would like to see what features it has, and potential it has.
OceansBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OceansBloom
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts
Games. If the games aren't good, who cares.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wakefulness

Official coverage will cover most my gaming needs I think. I think the thing I want to see the most from user is what else can this thing do. It looks to have a completely new OS, so would like to see what features it has, and potential it has.DerekLoffin

If there is a "no going outside of game/demo's" rule in place for the floor models, it could prove tough. There is now way a booth member can stop a few people from wandering around the NGP. Those floor model NGP's would have to be software locked.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wakefulness

Games. If the games aren't good, who cares.OceansBloom

Why do you have Thom Yorke as your avatar? Might I ask.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
Definitely games.
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

Games and confirmed price on games and system.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wakefulness

This is suppose to be about the technical apects that people want to see covered. Exactly what do wish to see in an NGP (aka PSP2) game?

That should be the question. Too bad I worded it a bit badly but, that is water under the proverbial bridge.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lensflare15

This is suppose to be about the technical apects that people want to see covered. Exactly what do wish to see in an NGP (aka PSP2) game?

That should be the question. Too bad I worded it a bit badly but, that is water under the proverbial bridge.

wakefulness

Hm... Well, I'd also like to see a bit more on the touch controls, since I think the ideas sounds a little awkward... And I'm still hoping for an updated menu (something closer to the XMB).

Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
Graphics and an FPS in action (dual sticks now yay), but of your list definitely the games.
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Games for sure! Looking forward for the exclusives and the PS3 ports that's coming out for the NGP.
rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
I wish you put an option for all of the above :P but I'm really interested in what games are coming out, followed by prices, also to know if the games will be physical (rather than just downloading)
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Launch titles of course :P

Other than that, a release date and price would be good.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
Games. This is a gaming system after all. Everything else is just an extra.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

lensflare15

Hm... Well, I'd also like to see a bit more on the touch controls, since I think the ideas sounds a little awkward... And I'm still hoping for an updated menu (something closer to the XMB).

What makes touch controls awkward? The opposite arguement can be made.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wakefulness

Graphics and an FPS in action (dual sticks now yay), but of your list definitely the games.Chaay

Everyone is going to be playing and uploading YT videos of FPS and that dual analog stick action.

I want to see something like Little Deviants and a new action/adventure RPG. Touch controls, motion, augmented reality and more stuff outside of the tactile buttons will be a nice change of pace.

If Killzone, COD, Resistance, etc are demoes on the floor than one might expaect to see a lot of coverage on those types of games.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wakefulness

Games for sure! Looking forward for the exclusives and the PS3 ports that's coming out for the NGP.Hekynn

Should be good. Expect "eco-platform" titles that interact between the NGP (aka PSP2) and PS3.

Hideo Kojima will reveall his PS3-NGP "eco-platform" title at E3. The only things known about it is that he refferenced Metal Gear series and that more would be revealed at E3. People have to wait for more details on the title.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wakefulness

I wish you put an option for all of the above :P but I'm really interested in what games are coming out, followed by prices, also to know if the games will be physical (rather than just downloading)rwallacefan

The poll ran out of answer lines. : D

The games will be in both forms (physical and digital mediums). Digital is just a requirement for any NGP (aka PSP2) game creators.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wakefulness

Games. This is a gaming system after all. Everything else is just an extra.pooyanh

Not really. I will be testing out the fidelity of the high resolution display by watching some anime and action movies when I first buy mine.

You are entitled to your oppinion although, I think it is a close minded assement of the NGP (aka PSP2).

RoyalDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoyalDeath
Member since 2009 • 1268 Posts

[QUOTE="pooyanh"]Games. This is a gaming system after all. Everything else is just an extra.wakefulness

Not really. I will be testing out the fidelity of the high resolution display by watching some anime and action movies when I first buy mine.

You are entitled to your oppinion although, I think it is a close minded assement of the NGP (aka PSP2).

Funny, cause that's what the first PSP turned out to be. No good games at the start, became nothing more than a video,photo holder device. Pooyanh has a great point this is a GAMING system and alot of people are starting to forget that because they're adding so much stuff into it. So what he said was straight to the point, if you look at the vote results that pretty much says it. You don't wanna blind yourself because your hearing fancy gadget talk on what makes the handheld powerful in graphics. Games should be the #1 priority.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lensflare15

[QUOTE="lensflare15"]

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

wakefulness

It just seems like it would be to me... When I hold the PSP, I sometimes will strecth my fingers across the back of it... Seems like it might cause me to screw up in some games, and also, I'm hoping the games won't rely to much on the touch screen controls.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="lensflare15"]

lensflare15

It just seems like it would be to me... When I hold the PSP, I sometimes will strecth my fingers across the back of it... Seems like it might cause me to screw up in some games, and also, I'm hoping the games won't rely to much on the touch screen controls.

The touch controls are directly on the front and back of the device and it is as simple a controlling scheme (i.e. using back touch to create hills) or as complicated a control scheme (i.e. touch controls and buttons being used at once) as game creators and respective gamers make it out to be.

There are certain rules to keep in mind such as finger sizes, average reaction time, how the hand wraps aronud the super oval chasis, tactile feed back,pace of the UI, visuals, etc but, there are no too many combos that seem to be out of play. Even the touch is quite accurate on the Little Deviants game.

Do you worry game creators might not know how to create games for the device?

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lensflare15

[QUOTE="lensflare15"]

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

wakefulness

The touch controls are directly on the front and back of the device and it is as simple a controlling scheme (i.e. using back touch to create hills) or as complicated a control scheme (i.e. touch controls and buttons being used at once) as game creators and respective gamers make it out to be.

There are certain rules to keep in mind such as finger sizes, average reaction time, how the hand wraps aronud the super oval chasis, tactile feed back,pace of the UI, visuals, etc but, there are no too many combos that seem to be out of play. Even the touch is quite accurate on the Little Deviants game.

Okay. I was a little confused about it since it's been awhile since I've really looked into that. I'm sure Sony knows what they're doing with that... I think the developers may have some trouble with it at first, as new hardware often seems to give developers trouble, but eventually it should turn out intowhat Sony planned.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="lensflare15"]

lensflare15

Okay. I was a little confused about it since it's been awhile since I've really looked into that. I'm sure Sony knows what they're doing with that... I think the developers may have some trouble with it at first, as new hardware often seems to give developers trouble, but eventually it should turn out intowhat Sony planned.

Yeah. Since Sony did work with developers within the creation of the NGP (aka PSP2) than the device could offer a library as large as the PS1 did b/c the PS1 was built by Sony with the feedback from other developers.

17 days left for the Sony E3 keynote and counting friends.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

games and price are the of my biggest concerns

OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

Compared to most people I want to see the OS the most. I want ot see what's inside the system and how will the OS be improved. After this then I can see how the games are coming along, but I have trust that the games (1st party) will be on point and be fun.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wakefulness

Compared to most people I want to see the OS the most. I want ot see what's inside the system and how will the OS be improved. After this then I can see how the games are coming along, but I have trust that the games (1st party) will be on point and be fun.

OmegaAK47

Again, getting footage on the show room floor for the NGP OS might be tough. Sony would have footage themselves of the NGP (aka PSP2) OS but, other people that play with a floor model device may not be granted acess to viewing the device's OS. Hopefully, the rules for demoing the NGP (PSP2) would be lenient at E3.

Looking forward to seeing Little Deviants (for the touch play) and Reality Fighters (for the augmented reality) from Sony.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I only care to know the price and release date.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wakefulness

I only care to know the price and release date.

AmazonTreeBoa

You only care enough to know about the NGP (aka PSP2) price and release date?

The rest you can give or take, presumably. JK XD

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
I would like see their plans for 3G. Im also with lensflare15, I rather have XMB then whats been shown. This whole touch screen era we live iin sucks.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wakefulness

I would like see their plans for 3G. Im also with lensflare15, I rather have XMB then whats been shown. This whole touch screen era we live iin sucks.PSP107

How is the average person going to test 3G at E3? The XMB thing seems like more of a complaint. This thread is not about complaints at least unless it is a complaint against my diction.

JK

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PSP107

[QUOTE="PSP107"]I would like see their plans for 3G. Im also with lensflare15, I rather have XMB then whats been shown. This whole touch screen era we live iin sucks.wakefulness

How is the average person going to test 3G at E3? The XMB thing seems like more of a complaint. This thread is not about complaints at least unless it is a complaint against my diction.

JK

the poll says "What would you like to see covered on the NGP at E3?"
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"]I would like see their plans for 3G. Im also with lensflare15, I rather have XMB then whats been shown. This whole touch screen era we live iin sucks.PSP107

JK

the poll says "What would you like to see covered on the NGP at E3?"

And you wrote, "This whole touch screen era we liveiinsucks"

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wakefulness

Things are flying out of context!

I should take that poll offline but, it appears that at least 30 people already voted on it. Considering the traffic this forum is getting lately, that is a dscent amount of votes per user. Taking it down if unfair to them.

Read the OP if you wish to discuss things and not go off tangent. (I do not mind going off tangent however, tbh the moderators have been on me for bad behaviour lately.)

jsh020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jsh020
Member since 2010 • 1168 Posts

ive got my fingers crossed for some J-rpgs on the ngp. even some remakes would be amazing on it, im only saying this becouse psp had a ungodly(not complaining) amount of j-rpgs on it, like go ahead and look it up, about 30% of psp games are j-rpgs

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wakefulness

There are already a few western developers on board with the NGP (aka PSP2). Uncharted details are suppose to be announced about a week from now.

It is kind of curious to see what other NGP related details will be unveiled on June 2 (if any).

andrewjuly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 andrewjuly
Member since 2011 • 199 Posts
E3 always can bring surprises
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wakefulness

If someone tests the audio, that would be amazing.

Sony's walkmen line are always suppose to be the best sounding mobile devices. If the PSP2 has walkmen quality audio, that would be a big plus for rythm games such as DJMAX and Project Diva.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PSP107

I should take that poll offline but, it appears that at least 30 people already voted on it. Considering the traffic this forum is getting lately, that is a dscent amount of votes per user. Taking it down if unfair to them.

Read the OP if you wish to discuss things and not go off tangent. (I do not mind going off tangent however, tbh the moderators have been on me for bad behaviour lately.)

wakefulness
so you completely ignored my opening comment? "I would like see their plans for 3G" I mentioned the touch screen because you and another guy/gal brought it up. Now that its mentioned, it still relates to the topic as the new UI is something people might want to see more of.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PSP107

Sony's walkmen line are always suppose to be the best sounding mobile devices. If the PSP2 has walkmen quality audio, that would be a big plus for rythm games such as DJMAX and Project Diva.

wakefulness
The PSP audio quality was horrible. Headphones improved it but its not better than even a $1 store MP3 player.(no lie) People say its because of the speakers in the PSP or something. I just really hope my music be blasting as much as possible.
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

PSP107

so you completely ignored my opening comment? "I would like see their plans for 3G" I mentioned the touch screen because you and another guy/gal brought it up. Now that its mentioned, it still relates to the topic as the new UI is something people might want to see more of.

Okay, calm down. I will get to it if you really want.

3G is cool. There. My discussion obligation are done. lol JK (not really kidding though, I do not know what to write)

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

PSP107

The PSP audio quality was horrible. Headphones improved it but its not better than even a $1 store MP3 player.(no lie) People say its because of the speakers in the PSP or something. I just really hope my music be blasting as much as possible.

It was mainly the low audio boost. I guess Sony did not want higher audio as it might damage kids ears. Seeing as how the audience will be more teen and up Sony can really boost up the audio juices.

The PSP speakers where really nothing. I would not have minded if the PSP2 never had speakers. They only annoy when trying to secretly listen to music or stuff in a silent public setting and (all of a sudden) the headphone jack plugs out. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if you where privately playing Project Diva and the headphone plugged out. All people would hear is some (relatively speaking) weird robot voice singing in Japanese. Stuff like that has happened to me. : )

redman100111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 redman100111
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts

I chose games. I mean all the other features will be awesome and all but I'm not going to buy it just for those things. It has to have awesome games being released for me to actually buy it. I mean who is going to buy a gaming system just for the cool features and no/crappy games?

Person 1: Yeah I bought a NGP man I had to, it had some awesome stuff on there!

Person2: Great Games, Really?

Person1: No dude the games suck!

Person2: You're dumb.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

wakefulness

The device alone has nothing to do with sound quality. The music file and speakers/headphones are what affect sound quality.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PSP107

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="wakefulness"]

wakefulness

It was mainly the low audio boost. I guess Sony did not want higher audio as it might damage kids ears. Seeing as how the audience will be more teen and up Sony can really boost up the audio juices.

The PSP speakers where really nothing. I would not have minded if the PSP2 never had speakers. They only annoy when trying to secretly listen to music or stuff in a silent public setting and (all of a sudden) the headphone jack plugs out. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if you where privately playing Project Diva and the headphone plugged out. All people would hear is some (relatively speaking) weird robot voice singing in Japanese. Stuff like that has happened to me. : )

wth is a project diva? thats sound funny. Almost sounds like project chick>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGlN8m8SC08

but u get embrassed about what people think of your taste in music?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PSP107

@redman100111

"I mean who is going to buy a gaming system just for the cool features and no/crappy games?"

The same people who buy phones for its other functions other than calling.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

riariases

The device alone has nothing to do with sound quality. The music file and speakers/headphones are what affect sound quality.

Yeah, I knew that. : D

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"] The PSP audio quality was horrible. Headphones improved it but its not better than even a $1 store MP3 player.(no lie) People say its because of the speakers in the PSP or something. I just really hope my music be blasting as much as possible. PSP107

but u get embrassed about what people think of your taste in music?

How do you mean? I wrote stuff like that happened to me as in I was listening to music provatly than it turned into a public thing (not what was intended).

I do not see what that has to do with taste in music.