Ok, downloading demos for the PS3 is taking seemingly FOREVER!

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boyinfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 boyinfridge
Member since 2006 • 1796 Posts

[QUOTE="glitch2424"]Oh yeah, and I heard this is the same situation in XBL. I don't own a 360 and I haven't tried the current XBL, but the current dling speed is probably the same on all current systems. GameArtGuy
The demoes on the 360 download relativly quick unless you try getting it the same day as everyone else.... then it does take forever. After a week of release though you can get a demo in 30 - 40 minutes. Watch the clock though on your demos from the ps store, my bet is its not as long as you may think. Back when there was no background downloading for the 360 (8 months ago) it seemed like things took SOOO much longer because you were stuck looking at the same screen.

the good thing they have introduced to live is the gold members get the most popular demos a couple of days before the free silvers get them so download times are up pretty much, I don't have my ps3 yet but doesn't it all depend on your connection speed as well? I have around an 8meg dsl connection and I down loaded around 1.4 gig in 35-40 mins on live how long does it lake on PSN?

MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
Oh yeah, and I heard this is the same situation in XBL. I don't own a 360 and I haven't tried the current XBL, but the current dling speed is probably the same on all current systems. glitch2424

No. They are legitimately MUCH faster on the 360 than on the PS3. 1G DL take maybe 20 mins on the 360. Smaller DL's than that take hours on the PS3.
-=Mike
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
Just took about 2 1/2 hours to download NBA 07. After it was done, I realize it wasn't NBA 2k7, and wish I had spent the time D/Ling another demo :P
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
its not as slow as u think, i got T2 and it takes me 10, maybe 15 mins max if servers are floodin, but usually takes 10 mins or less. my friend has road runner and he only takes about 20 min each download, so u either have a slow connection, or the server is full by other downloadin the same demo, so it will slow down a bit, and yea XBL download time is almost the same, besides in march BIG UPDATE hopefully, one of them wil be for the ps network, and we will all be shocked, and happy, cuz sony always comes through, at least for my expectations
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Takes maybe 10-15 minutes to download for me. No biggie. Fast enough. 360 is slower. Probably cause Live has more users.
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
Xbox Live is a lot faster, I'm now D/Ling Yellow Dog Linux (3.2gb) and it's only going to take about 2 1/2 hours, whereas the PS3 network is taking 2 1/2 hours for an 850mb D/L :|