Ok, downloading demos for the PS3 is taking seemingly FOREVER!

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts
So I formatted my HDD so I could install Linux, and now re-downloading the game demos, it's taking FOREVER.

Please, I'd much rather PAY for a "Live" service than wait for this snail-paced download to finish.

6mb/second internet + PS Store = slow speeds, for no reason
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Sony's coming up with background dling with the March update. In the meantime, put on your flame-resistant mask. You might need it...

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts
Oh yeah, and I heard this is the same situation in XBL. I don't own a 360 and I haven't tried the current XBL, but the current dling speed is probably the same on all current systems.
GameArtGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GameArtGuy
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
Oh yeah, and I heard this is the same situation in XBL. I don't own a 360 and I haven't tried the current XBL, but the current dling speed is probably the same on all current systems. glitch2424
The demoes on the 360 download relativly quick unless you try getting it the same day as everyone else.... then it does take forever. After a week of release though you can get a demo in 30 - 40 minutes. Watch the clock though on your demos from the ps store, my bet is its not as long as you may think. Back when there was no background downloading for the 360 (8 months ago) it seemed like things took SOOO much longer because you were stuck looking at the same screen.
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dunamistheou
The demos on the 360 never went slow for me, oh well. Currently downloading the GT:Hd game, it's taking forever. It's at 12%, and has been going for about 40 minutes. Gave up on the R:FOM demo, so I'll plan on DLing it later. :P
Josh1488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Josh1488
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts
Its slower than downloading on XBOXlive? IMO xboxlive is to slow. So this must be terrible
thmst30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thmst30
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
If anything XBL only seems slightly faster to me, as someone else said it seems so much slower because you have to watch it. On the 360 you can do something while it dls so it goes by quicker, but that will be fixed in March.
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts
So I formatted my HDD so I could install Linux, and now re-downloading the game demos, it's taking FOREVER.

Please, I'd much rather PAY for a "Live" service than wait for this snail-paced download to finish.

6mb/second internet PS Store = slow speeds, for no reason
dunamistheou
Just sell your PS3 and forget about it. The 360 is obviously better and the right way to go for you so instead of sweating it with the PS3 just get rid of it and play your 360. :wink:
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dunamistheou
No, I have the PS3 for the Bluray player, games are secondary. Besides, for me PC > PS3 for games, but the PS3 is a great media device. :) Also, Motorstorm :D
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chubear700
No, I have the PS3 for the Bluray player, games are secondary. Besides, for me PC > PS3 for games, but the PS3 is a great media device. :) Also, Motorstorm :Ddunamistheou
:| Dude, do you just want to whine about something? So what the hell are you complaining for then? If you got the PS3 for Blu-ray then use it for Blu-ray. DLs aren't nearly as bad as you're trying to make them out to be, so again, what the hell are you really complaining about?
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chubear700
Anywho, how come you didn't just get a HD DVD add on for your 360?
Baller91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Baller91
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts
[QUOTE="dunamistheou"]So I formatted my HDD so I could install Linux, and now re-downloading the game demos, it's taking FOREVER.

chubear700
Just sell your PS3 and forget about it. The 360 is obviously better and the right way to go for you so instead of sweating it with the PS3 just get rid of it and play your 360. :wink:

GET OUT OF HERE GO TO THE 360 SEction
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chubear700
[QUOTE="chubear700"][QUOTE="dunamistheou"]So I formatted my HDD so I could install Linux, and now re-downloading the game demos, it's taking FOREVER.

Baller91

GET OUT OF HERE GO TO THE 360 SEction

uh?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It is very slow. But what do you expect from a free service. It can't be as good as Live unless they start charging. It takes a ton of maintenance.
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chubear700

It is very slow. But what do you expect from a free service. It can't be as good as Live unless they start charging. It takes a ton of maintenance.BioShockOwnz
OK you troll, no it's not and you know it! I can't understand why you love coming on these boards and owning a PS3 when you just love to spread as much negative stuff about it as possible. And you lie so much it's hard to keep up with you.

One day you say you're a father of three and provide for them very well from a store that you are a manager at then the next day you're in college and in your parents house and the day after that you're a stinking rich millionaire. Which is it troll? or do you just love to talk crap?

Live is supposed to be a free service and MS just keeps raping it's fan base with it. By 2008 the PSN will have all and more of the features live has now and will still be free. Plus let's not forget or deny that online gameplay on the PSN is a lot smoother than that of live even though it just came out.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It is very slow. But what do you expect from a free service. It can't be as good as Live unless they start charging. It takes a ton of maintenance.chubear700

OK you troll, no it's not and you know it! I can't understand why you love coming on these boards and owning a PS3 when you just love to spread as much negative stuff about it as possible. And you lie so much it's hard to keep up with you.

One day you say you're a father of three and provide for them very well from a store that you are a manager at then the next day you're in college and in your parents house and the day after that you're a stinking rich millionaire. Which is it troll? or do you just love to talk crap?

Live is supposed to be a free service and MS just keeps raping it's fan base with it. By 2008 the PSN will have all and more of the features live has now and will still be free. Plus let's not forget or deny that online gameplay on the PSN is a lot smoother than that of live even though it just came out.

Settle down bro. No need to pop a blood vessel. I am not a troll. Check out my PSN ID pal. Step back!
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]It is very slow. But what do you expect from a free service. It can't be as good as Live unless they start charging. It takes a ton of maintenance.chubear700

Haha I am a 21 year old in college and I haven't lived with my parents for 2 years.

And I like my PS3 a lot. Demos do take a while to download. You can't handle the truth, then too bad.

TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
Patience, as long as it is a good demo, if it sucks like gripshift don't even bother downloading it, but Motorstorm on the other hand, It is well worth the downloading time.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
You can play games while downloading demos on the 360. Can't you do the same on the PS3?
Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Rhaxdric
Member since 2006 • 2864 Posts
Anywho, how come you didn't just get a HD DVD add on for your 360?chubear700
Because HD-DVD is doing worse than Blu-Ray.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="chubear700"]Anywho, how come you didn't just get a HD DVD add on for your 360?Rhaxdric

I own HD-DVD for my 360, and you can hardly find movies for it around my area. It is a dying format. Blu-Ray will be the victor.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] Haha I am a 21 year old in college and I haven't lived with my parents for 2 years.

And I like my PS3 a lot. Demos do take a while to download. You can't handle the truth, then too bad.

chubear700
You're a damned troll and I couldn't give a rats butt if you have 10 PS3s. If it talks like a troll, writes like a troll, smells like a troll guess what? it's not a freakin horse! and please I aint "busting a blood vessel" for the likes of trolls like you bud, I'm just calling it as I see it just like anyone else on this forum.

You need to settle down. This is a forum pal. There is no reason to act like you are. I have not dissed the PS3 here, so please save your anger for something else.
Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rhaxdric
[QUOTE="Rhaxdric"][QUOTE="chubear700"]Anywho, how come you didn't just get a HD DVD add on for your 360?BioShockOwnz

I own HD-DVD for my 360, and you can hardly find movies for it around my area. It is a dying format. Blu-Ray will be the victor.

I really tough that HD-DVD would win when they first came out. To my surprise Blu-Ray did, very happy to hear it.
Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rhaxdric
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] Haha I am a 21 year old in college and I haven't lived with my parents for 2 years.

chubear700
You're a damned troll and I couldn't give a rats butt if you have 10 PS3s. If it talks like a troll, writes like a troll, smells like a troll guess what? it's not a freakin horse! and please I aint "busting a blood vessel" for the likes of trolls like you bud, I'm just calling it as I see it just like anyone else on this forum.

Why are you yelling.....?
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

Can you play games while downloading demos on the PS3?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Rhaxdric"][QUOTE="chubear700"]Anywho, how come you didn't just get a HD DVD add on for your 360?Rhaxdric

I really tough that HD-DVD would win when they first came out. To my surprise Blu-Ray did, very happy to hear it.

Blu-Ray is far superior. I bought the HD-DVD Add-On because I have 3 HDTV's, and I wanted to have another high definition movie player hooked up to another TV. I hope it does ok, because I think I just wasted $200.00. :(
Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rhaxdric

x-2tha-z

Not now, the update in March will allow you to do so. I never thought I'd be so excited for the Euro release.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]

Rhaxdric

Not now, the update in March will allow you to do so. I never thought I'd be so excited for the Euro release.

Haha me neither. PSN will be great, it just needs time to grow.
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chubear700

You need to settle down. This is a forum pal. There is no reason to act like you are. I have not dissed the PS3 here, so please save your anger for something else. BioShockOwnz
I don't get what you're on about. Yes this is a forum and I'm participating in it. You and others like you have been gloomy black clouds over this forum for over a year and disrupt as much enjoyment of the forum for people who actually like the PS3. And as for not dissing the PS3, I remember very well you stating about a 6 months ago that the PS3 was "crap" and that you were only getting it for one game (can't remember the game right now)

With all your negativity I would think you would have gotten rid of your Launch PS3 by now but no, you keep trying to trash it any time you get and then use the ol' "well I have a PS3 collecting dust so I have the right to bash it" crap line. You're a troll that has added to the disruptive atmosphere on this forum and I will call you out every time I get the chance to. Just the way it's gonna be dude :D

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]You need to settle down. This is a forum pal. There is no reason to act like you are. I have not dissed the PS3 here, so please save your anger for something else. chubear700

I don't get what you're on about. Yes this is a forum and I'm participating in it. You and others like you have been gloomy black clouds over this forum for over a year and disrupt as much enjoyment of the forum for people who actually like the PS3. And as for not dissing the PS3, I remember very well you stating about a 6 months ago that the PS3 was "crap" and that you were only getting it for one game (can't remember the game right now)

With all your negativity I would think you would have gotten rid of your Launch PS3 by now but no, you keep trying to trash it any time you get and then use the ol' "well I have a PS3 collecting dust so I have the right to bash it" crap line. You're a troll that has added to the disruptive atmosphere on this forum and I will call you out every time I get the chance to. Just the way it's gonna be dude :D

Haha I never come here and trash stuff buddy, I do that in System Wars :shock:. Please save your ignorance for a real troll.
chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chubear700
I own HD-DVD for my 360, and you can hardly find movies for it around my area. It is a dying format. Blu-Ray will be the victor.BioShockOwnz
That's not what you saying last year dude. You had said Blu-ray was an unnecessary medium for games and can't see how it could succeed - remember? Sure you don't :roll:
Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rhaxdric

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]You need to settle down. This is a forum pal. There is no reason to act like you are. I have not dissed the PS3 here, so please save your anger for something else. chubear700

... He really didn't seem to be negative about the PS3 just now.... If anyone was, it was you..
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] I own HD-DVD for my 360, and you can hardly find movies for it around my area. It is a dying format. Blu-Ray will be the victor.chubear700
That's not what you saying last year dude. You had said Blu-ray was a unnecessary meadium for games and can't see how it could succeed - remember? Sure you don't :roll:

Haha I may have....I may have not. I surely don't remember some random thing I posted on a forum a year ago, and you shouldn't either.... Don't you have better things to think about?

PS: I didn't have faith in Blu-Ray a year ago....who did? How did you know it would be great? I didn't and I was being honest if I said something, but I surely do not remember.

chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chubear700
Haha I never come here and trash stuff buddy, I do that in System Wars ... BioShockOwnz
:| so you only trash the PS3 in SWs so you're not a troll. Yeah gotsha :roll:
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Haha I never come here and trash stuff buddy, I do that in System Wars ... chubear700
:| so you only trash the PS3 in SWs so you're not a troll. Yeah gotsha :roll:

Nope I trash PS3 faults, 360 faults, and Wii faults. I surely don't target one over the other, and pick it apart. You need to calm down. I am a PS3 fan, and if that hurts your soul....then learn to like it please.
Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#37 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
[QUOTE="chubear700"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] Haha I am a 21 year old in college and I haven't lived with my parents for 2 years.

BioShockOwnz

You need to settle down. This is a forum pal. There is no reason to act like you are. I have not dissed the PS3 here, so please save your anger for something else.

Dude ignore him. Someone told him to go back to the 360 forum so that's why he acts up like that now.
BIGDEE06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BIGDEE06
Member since 2006 • 2322 Posts

PS3 demos do take a very long time to download.  It took about 4-5 hrs to download GTHD, but I can download 1+ GB demos on the 360 in about 1 hr 30 min.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="chubear700"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] Haha I am a 21 year old in college and I haven't lived with my parents for 2 years.

Wii26

Dude ignore him. Someone told him to go back to the 360 forum so that's why he acts up like that now.

Advice taken. He is now being ignored. I don't need to respond to his ignorance anymore.
Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] Advice taken. He is now being ignored. I don't need to respond to his ignorance anymore.

Just in case you missed why he got all attack mode on you:

[Quote="chubear700"]

Just sell your PS3 and forget about it. The 360 is obviously better and the right way to go for you so instead of sweating it with the PS3 just get rid of it and play your 360. ;)

Anywho, how come you didn't just get a HD DVD add on for your 360?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="Wii26"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] Advice taken. He is now being ignored. I don't need to respond to his ignorance anymore.

Just in case you missed why he got all attack mode on you:

[Quote="chubear700"]

Just sell your PS3 and forget about it. The 360 is obviously better and the right way to go for you so instead of sweating it with the PS3 just get rid of it and play your 360. ;)

Anywho, how come you didn't just get a HD DVD add on for your 360?

Haha wow. Why has he not been banned? Thanks for keeping me up to date on the crazy antics by this fanboy. :)
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dunamistheou
I did have the HD-DVD player for the 360. HD-DVDs are scarce, so I sold it and all of my HD-DVDs (had about 6-7 HD-DVDs)
kevass007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 kevass007
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
yeah mine takes forever to, so i switched to direct feed instead of wirless , it seemed to speed it up some more but it still takes a while . I guess we just can treat it like a computer just yet
RoYaL1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RoYaL1990
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
I agree. The downloading times are horrific.
menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

6mb/second internet + PS Store = slow speeds, for no reason
dunamistheou

get used to it....you get what you pay for.  Anyone that is over the age of 12 should be fully aware of that. 

Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
I'm finding this hard to believe.  I don't know.  Maybe it may be the internet connection that most have, whereas, when I'm downloading, the most I've had to wait for a doanload was around 5 to 10 minutes.   No more, no less.  And, the highest being for GTHD.  Other than that, things go rather smoothly.  Maybe I just have a faster connection?  Or maybe it's something else...Hmm...I wonder....
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dunamistheou
No, my 'net connection is 6mb/second, so I usually get around 550-600kb/second on servers, should theoretically it should take less than 10 minutes for me.
EMERlCa6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EMERlCa6969
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
It only takes me 30-40 minutes for the PS3 to download a demo.  I have timed both, there wasn't a huge time difference.  The thing that makes 360 downloads seem faster to me is that you can play games while it is downloading.
dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dunamistheou
It only takes me 30-40 minutes for the PS3 to download a demo. I have timed both, there wasn't a huge time difference. The thing that makes 360 downloads seem faster to me is that you can play games while it is downloading.EMERlCa6969
No, I'm just talking about the speed, nevermind what you can or can't do while D/Ling. :P This morning it's better. I'm sick and at home, so at least the GT:HD demo gave me something to do. :D
DrPepper1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DrPepper1998
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Just downloaded my sleek new Wii News Channel in 10 seconds, how was your day?