no sony fan go to gamestop or ebgames

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for solidsnaketight
solidsnaketight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 solidsnaketight
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts
when i was trying to get a ps3 i went around town and at all of them they told me i was like paying for dog duke ,and others said it cost $600 to much. I went into one to play the demo and they had a sign that said it had overheated and turned off and wont come back on. went back five min later just before they close to buy some thing and the mang. was playing it with the sign still on it.
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
when i was trying to get a ps3 i went around town and at all of them they told me i was like paying for dog duke ,and others said it cost $600 to much. I went into one to play the demo and they had a sign that said it had overheated and turned off and wont come back on. went back five min later just before they close to buy some thing and the mang. was playing it with the sign still on it.solidsnaketight
heh, yeah, u can get fanboys in stores like that...
thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
Geezus, that's sick. You should complain to their higher ups about this. They shouldn't be pushing away costumers like that. I still gotta go there soon though to pick up a PS3, but if they go on about I'll give them a whitty remark or something.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
when i was trying to get a ps3 i went around town and at all of them they told me i was like paying for dog duke ,and others said it cost $600 to much. I went into one to play the demo and they had a sign that said it had overheated and turned off and wont come back on. went back five min later just before they close to buy some thing and the mang. was playing it with the sign still on it.solidsnaketight
LOL
V_Zarnold_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 V_Zarnold_N
Member since 2006 • 1272 Posts
dude i know what you mean i argued with a clerk in gamestop about how the ps3 was awesome and then he was like dude wii is way better and i just was like dude ur a freaking idiot .... i could understand if he would have argued with me about the 360 v the ps3 but to compare the ps3 to the wii. to top it all off he was like dude the ps3 bites i dont know why anybody would want it there are no good games *cough RFOM cough* the hardware in it sucks *cough cell = badass super pc cough* and it over heats all the time *cough 360 cough*
afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 afexthedamaja
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
the only problem with that is, I'm a game fan... so for me to not go to Gamestop/EB because they seem anti Sony biased is like a drunk not going to a bar because they only serve domestic beer
AboveBeyond96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AboveBeyond96
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts
Ive been boycotting Gamestop for over 1 year.
afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 afexthedamaja
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
don't get me wrong...these clerks are as bad as Dante and Randal. They gave me grief as well when ever I called to inquire about the PS3 up till the day I bought it
AboveBeyond96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AboveBeyond96
the only problem with that is, I'm a game fan... so for me to not go to Gamestop/EB because they seem anti Sony biased is like a drunk not going to a bar because they only serve domestic beerafexthedamaja
There are other places to shop you know.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
I agree. I wish we could raise awareness so that Sony fans would avoid these two chain of stores! I don't understand why EVERY single one is the same. The managers and MOST of the employees will try to discourage consumers from buying the PS3... it's horrible. They tried to sell me the 360 instead too! I knew what I wanted & told the @sshole I already know what I want and just to ring the f*****g thing up! When I went to buy NBA 2K7, I actually heard one of the EB Games employees convince a father that had come in looking for a PS3 for his son to buy a Wii instead! The problem is that parents, or people who don't know any better, are going to be dependent on the opinions of these jerks as to which system they should get!
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
don't get me wrong...these clerks are as bad as Dante and Randal. They gave me grief as well when ever I called to inquire about the PS3 up till the day I bought itafexthedamaja
Went through the same thing at my EB. Screw them. I mean seriously... These were borderline adults working at a game shop. Get a life and a better paying job then maybe you won't think $600 is that much to pay for a system.
badmonkey35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 badmonkey35
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
unfortunally your going to get that in a store like gamestop.  For the most part you have young males working there who are gamers themselfs.  They give opinions and not facts.  I would say that each store and clerk varies.  I have 7 stores (eb, babbages and gamestop) with in a short drive from me.  I only shop in 2 of them the others are too opinionated and not very consumer friendly.  Sometimes a clerk from another store fills in one of the stores that I like and I walk out.
Joe-GB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Joe-GB
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
Pretty harsh getting a parent who was aiming to buy a diff. console get the one his kid didn't want.
AboveBeyond96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AboveBeyond96
How do we write a letter to Sony or email to let them know Gamestop and EB employees have been systematically telling people Playstation 3 sucks and possibly messing them up so people dont buy one or see one in action. I think Microsoft is involved with all this and SONY needs to be aware of this so they can take protective measures or stop supplying Gamestop of all Playstation products. Gamestop would go bankrupt since Playstation makes up about over 40% of total console gaming sales!
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I seriously have a hard time understanding this kind of stuff. These game stores employes are there to sell the products they have or to avoid a costumer from buying something?:|
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 haze_blaze
the only problem with that is, I'm a game fan... so for me to not go to Gamestop/EB because they seem anti Sony biased is like a drunk not going to a bar because they only serve domestic beerafexthedamaja
But Best Buy has just as much variety as Gamestop/EB Games! PLUS, they actually have a nice blu ray library. That's where I spend all my gaming dollars.
AboveBeyond96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AboveBeyond96
unfortunally your going to get that in a store like gamestop. For the most part you have young males working there who are gamers themselfs. They give opinions and not facts. I would say that each store and clerk varies. I have 7 stores (eb, babbages and gamestop) with in a short drive from me. I only shop in 2 of them the others are too opinionated and not very consumer friendly. Sometimes a clerk from another store fills in one of the stores that I like and I walk out.badmonkey35
The problem is Gamestop's they hire Xbox fanboys on purpose. They probably have some sort of under the table deal with Microsoft.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 haze_blaze
Pretty harsh getting a parent who was aiming to buy a diff. console get the one his kid didn't want.Joe-GB
I thought that was the most horrible thing I'd ever witnessed.
badmonkey35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 badmonkey35
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="badmonkey35"]unfortunally your going to get that in a store like gamestop. For the most part you have young males working there who are gamers themselfs. They give opinions and not facts. I would say that each store and clerk varies. I have 7 stores (eb, babbages and gamestop) with in a short drive from me. I only shop in 2 of them the others are too opinionated and not very consumer friendly. Sometimes a clerk from another store fills in one of the stores that I like and I walk out.AboveBeyond96
The problem is Gamestop's they hire Xbox fanboys on purpose. They probably have some sort of under the table deal with Microsoft.

Is this Oliver Stone?  On the app:  Name_____ Age____ SS#_____ Fanboy of _______

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
The only reason to go to gamestop is to reserve a game (especially a limited edition or special edition version) or to buy a used game that you have trouble finding elsewhere. Don't go there to browse, don't go there to learn about games and systems and don't go there to sell your old stuff. 
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Miguel16
The only reason to go to gamestop is to reserve a game (especially a limited edition or special edition version) or to buy a used game that you have trouble finding elsewhere. Don't go there to browse, don't go there to learn about games and systems and don't go there to sell your old stuff. NavigatorsGhost
me too..but even then sometimes i go to blockbuster
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Well, I've never come across unprofessionalism like that here in my city. Guess cause it's in Canada or something:P

But seriously, if anybody had the guts to do that against me, I'd raise hell. Most of those fools are all geeks anyways.

Or you can just say "Hey, Isn't that Bill Gates over there?!"
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Miguel16
Well, I've never come across unprofessionalism like that here in my city. Guess cause it's in Canada or something:P

But seriously, if anybody had the guts to do that against me, I'd raise hell. Most of those fools are all geeks anyways.

Or you can just say "Hey, Isn't that Bill Gates over there?!"
Denji
ive never had any of that happen to me in my city either....fellow canadian
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
Demo units of both the 360 and the PS3 break down *all the time* - generally because they're units from the first batches, and they're kept in acrylic lock-down boxes. Go figure. As far as the system being expensive, every retailer will tell you that. I'd rather go to an EB/GS where they're going to say "that's an expensive system" than go to Best Buy where they're going to say "oh yeah, PS3s break all the time (they don't) you'd better buy a $60 service plan!" And guess what? You're not doing them any favors by buying a PS3. Sorry, they make no money off that system, and maybe $10 off of you buying a game. Wooo... if you don't like them, take your business elsewhere.

A lot of people in this forum are coming across as far bigger "geeks" and "jerks" than the people at EBGames were to you. Obviously if they work there, they like games. They're human, they have preferences, and if you feel the need to sit there for half an hour talking with them, you're going to hear them. I see this all the time. Fanboys walk into a store, stand there for half an hour lecturing a poor store clerk about their favorite system, and then expect the clerk to agree.

You're not paying them, they're not "rent a friends", they're store clerks, they get paid minimum wage to swipe your card, bag you stuff, and say "have a nice day".
04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
this is y i go to gamecrazy now
raystorm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raystorm87
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts

How do we write a letter to Sony or email to let them know Gamestop and EB employees have been systematically telling people Playstation 3 sucks and possibly messing them up so people dont buy one or see one in action. I think Microsoft is involved with all this and SONY needs to be aware of this so they can take protective measures or stop supplying Gamestop of all Playstation products. Gamestop would go bankrupt since Playstation makes up about over 40% of total console gaming sales!AboveBeyond96

Sony will be like " do whatever trick you want M$ we wouldnt mind. Our product will survive and flourish by it own". MS is just like  hyenas hovering about the lion.

RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

they had a sign????????????????

wow you need to report that

then again Sony reps need to pick up the pace.
masterchef1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 masterchef1000
Member since 2006 • 6279 Posts
that never happens in my place
chrcharcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chrcharcor
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts
At the store I used to work at its pretty much the same thing, buy a 360 and screw the PS3. You don't know how many times they would say that they didn't have PS3 in stock and in reality we had recieved 2 or 3. I quit for numerous reasons, but lying to the customers was definetly one of those reasons.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts
Pretty harsh getting a parent who was aiming to buy a diff. console get the one his kid didn't want.Joe-GB
Imaging asking for a PS3 for your B-day, and your folks bring you a PS One and saying that the clerk at EB Games said that it's just as good. LMFAO
jmojazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jmojazz
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
For all Atlanta folks.....the GS in union city sucks. the EB howerver is good in camp creek........
snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts
[QUOTE="badmonkey35"]unfortunally your going to get that in a store like gamestop. For the most part you have young males working there who are gamers themselfs. They give opinions and not facts. I would say that each store and clerk varies. I have 7 stores (eb, babbages and gamestop) with in a short drive from me. I only shop in 2 of them the others are too opinionated and not very consumer friendly. Sometimes a clerk from another store fills in one of the stores that I like and I walk out.AboveBeyond96

Oh God..... I bet you believe "Loose Change" too......
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

I usually shop at Best Buy because they don't try to sell you things you don't want(at least at mine) and they have a good game/movie/blu-ray selection.

mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
You have to give Microsoft the credit because they market the hell out of the "their" system, and that makes there fans extremely loyal.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
that sucks. all the employees ive met at my local gamestops and ebs are pretty much unbiased. i mean you can tell if they favor one console over another but they still generally like em all. but i go to gamecrazy most of the time anyways (better deals, plus i know the people there pretty well )
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts
After reading all this, I have decided to only go to my local gamecrazy now. gamecrazy's closer to my house anyway, screw gamestop employees, lolz.
cell1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cell1138
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
yeah... i traded in nearly all of my ps2 games and a ds to save up for a ps3. thats over 60 games. i got them all for $100 and then my dad comes in the store and he asks is the ps3 worth the money? one clerk says "If you want a good system by the 360 or the wii. the ps3 is about as crappy as it gets." the other guy said " I have one and i really enjoy it. its kinda like the 360 and the wii except better." the guy that didnt like the ps3 gave us and him a bad look and then went into the employes only room. oh and tell me if this sounds good enough to buy a ps3. sell 1 american ps2 *black* with game $150 sell 1 japanese ps2 *white* with game $150 $100 at gamestop $100 in my house $150 in the bank and my dad will also help with about $150 that adds up to around $800 with that i think i should get Ps3, $600 2 games $ 70 *yay for coupons =) * 2 controllers $100 total $770 + around $ 25 tax for everything and i have just enough =D any suggestions?
Avatar image for JimmyJoeJackson
JimmyJoeJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JimmyJoeJackson
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Atleast theese employeys actually like playing video games when my dad bought a PS3 he was at a Grocery Store with an electronics department and when he bought it he got an extra controller and the guy at the counter started to argue saying he needed a multitap....for the PS3 . My dad dosnt even know much about video games but he wasnt goona believe he needed to buy a multitap.
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts
there are 2 gamestops around here and the employees are pretty awesome actually. the folks are real pleasant and always willing to help out.  best buy customer service sucks hiney.  you can walk in that store for DAYS and nobody will take the time out of their day to help you.  then once someone does, they usually tell you all wrong.  however, i consider myself pretty smart when it comes to what i want and stuff, so i too only go to gamestop when looking for a good deal on a used game.  target and walmart tend to be about $10 cheaper on new ones.  i just bought scarface last night at wal mart for 40 bucks - gamestop used was 35 and new was 50.  i dont like going to gamestop that much because to me the place looks like a damn garage sale.  crap laying all over the floors, crap hangin off the walls, nothing is straight, nothing is in order...  so when i got $20 burnin a hole in my pocket, i'll go scamper through the used ps2 games there and if something appeals to me, i'll buy it.  sometimes i strike out, and sometimes i hit a home run.  it all depends....
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
probably because anyone stupid enough to buy that other console and ONLY that other console, wouldn't mind making minimum wage at a games store.
bmxbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bmxbrigade
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts
yea... the EBs near me are all wii-tarded as well...  damn fanboys...
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts
It's a well known fact that EB/GS is anti-PS3. EVERY store you go to there's a fanboy comment or remark from the registermonkeys. The next time I get lip ffrom them I will not only raise hell but I WILL report the store to the district managers.

Now of course the reporting probably wont help as I believe there IS some sort of policy regarding employees backing one of the other systems, probably from a monetary point of view they make more on the other systems than the PS3 I'd suspect, but personally I think the shouting would be more disturbing for them than anything else. I invite you ALL to do the same.

Repeat after me at the top of your lungs:
"LISTEN REGISTER MONKEY, SHUT THE FK UP AND PRESS THE BUTTONS. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK, I CAME HERE TO SPEND MY MONEY IN PEACE, NOT LISTEN TO YOUR BAISED AND USELESS OPINION, NOW RING UP MY GOD DAMN PURCHASE."

Remember to bring it up from the Diaphram for maximum volume. You'll just hurt yourself if you yell it from the throat.
Alpha2
LMAO i just may do this
Hman321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hman321
Member since 2007 • 1271 Posts
i notice this alot

one time i was with my brother i hread the guy there talking to a someone and i what to hear what he was saying
so he went on talking about how great the 360 is then some other Bull crap i was trying so hard to no to laugh at the useless points that he was making but yea the people at gameshop/Ebgames are retreads and should get fired
when i get a little older 17-18 am going to go down there just to yell at them and do other stuff
but there is a few people who do know what they are talking about and they are xbox 360 or wii fans
and they understand that people like different things

anme and my family have total boycotted best buy and future shop
DaCheet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaCheet
Member since 2004 • 639 Posts
Would it ever occur to you that maybe the people working at EB games and Gamestop are educated gamers and are being considerate people by advising you on your consuming decisions. Think about it, what store WOULDNT want you to buy their crap. They feel bad for you wasting  $600 so they're doing their best to stop you folks. How nice of them.
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts

there was already a thread about this. I agree it's messed up, I already posted my story about trying to find a ps3 at a local gamestop. but to save my fingers from another hour of cramps I'll just paraphrase the story for you:

went to Gamestop and asked if they had ps3s, fat guy behind counter said no and that they werent taking any deposits or rainchecks on them. told me that it sucked and it overheats and wasnt worth the 600 bucks for the POS. I told him i didn't ask for his opinion I only asked if they had any ps3s adn walked out. Never shopped there again. I found a Gamestop a few miles away that has great customer service and stuff is always in stock. There are other details but you get my drift, i hate fanboyism.

Ryuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 Ryuku
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts
this is why i don't shop at EB if i don't have to ..
the employees at EB knows nothing .. bunch of retards..  i get better customer service at Superstore
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
LOL...sounds like something Penny Arcade would make fun of. Its funny but its probably annoying as **** for you.