No Bioshock on PS3

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts

All hopes of Bioshock coming to the PS3 has died when MS snatched up the rights to Bioshock.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163164

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
are we suppose to be excited over Jet Moto?
da1writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 da1writer
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts

All hopes of Bioshock coming to the PS3 has died when MS snatched up the rights to Bioshock.

snipe2004

That's fine... could care less if it doesn't come to PS3. I already downl... I mean got Bioshock for my PC. Almost let that slip *wipe my brow*...

Avatar image for Ratchetbuddy101
Ratchetbuddy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 Ratchetbuddy101
Member since 2006 • 6098 Posts
NO!! :(:cry:
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
dam...this was the only way i was gonna play this game too...my pc sucks lol...=(
munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

dam what a shame...

but its ok i planned on buying a 360 next year*when the system is better* anyways. that aint the only game i want to play on the 360:P

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 zeforgotten
Member since 2006 • 3918 Posts
i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360.
snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts

are we suppose to be excited over Jet Moto?mushi799

Yes?

i did have fun with jet moto however on the Ps1 but not excitedif it comes back

DragonXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DragonXx
Member since 2004 • 887 Posts

if there will to be a sequel on the ps3 hell yeah were supposed to get excited about it.

da1writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 da1writer

i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360. zeforgotten

Lmao! I too agree that I'm pretty happy it didn't come. I also agree that the PC version looks way better than the 360 version! Thank you gamespot for the comparisons...or was it some other website...

narpclinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 narpclinic
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

That's fine... could care less if it doesn't come to PS3. I already downl... I mean got Bioshock for my PC. Almost let that slip *wipe my brow*...da1writer

lol :P

Avatar image for Ratchetbuddy101
Ratchetbuddy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 Ratchetbuddy101
Member since 2006 • 6098 Posts

[QUOTE="mushi799"]are we suppose to be excited over Jet Moto?DragonXx

if there will to be a sequel on the ps3 hell yeah were supposed to get excited about it.

What's Jet Moto?

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonXx"]

[QUOTE="mushi799"]are we suppose to be excited over Jet Moto?Ratchetbuddy101

What's Jet Moto?

LOL, it's a psx1 game. But yeah your reaction is exactly my point, I would be excited over something like Dark Cloud 3 but jet moto...?

woofie13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 woofie13
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts
I think most people already expected this.... just play it on the pc or other system.... every system isn't going to get every game. We die for Bioshock; The MS crowdwill bedieing for MGS4...

lol, if it did, I bet it would receive lower gamespot ratings for no apparent reason too just like Oblivion. haha
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
Dude...I've played Bioshock and itis a great looking tittle, but don't think that everybody who has a 360 wants this game....plus the Ps3 has enough exclusives of it's own.
GreasyFetus69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GreasyFetus69
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360. zeforgotten
What are you talking about? I have Bioshock for 360 and it runs perfectly fine. It looks nearly identical to the PC version, except you get a "crisper" looking game due to cranking the resolution up on the PC. I am sick of rich geeky PC whores.
OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

Sony needs to start doing this to Microsoft. But hey this is MS we are talking about, they know how to monopolize a certainindustry better than Sony.

Oh wellz.. I'll just build up the cash to get the PC I've been planning to get. Oblivion, UT3 and Bioshock w/o the limits of a console? I'm game.

Don't get me wrong Oblivion runs great on PS3, and so will (does) UT3. But PC is always ahead performance wise, not matter what anyone says.

And to even things out, lol it's always ahead price wise. You get what you pay for.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"][QUOTE="zeforgotten"]i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360. zeforgotten

What are you talking about? I have Bioshock for 360 and it runs perfectly fine. It looks nearly identical to the PC version, except you get a "crisper" looking game due to cranking the resolution up on the PC. I am sick of rich geeky PC whores.

i never said anything about it running bad? where the heck did that come from. God.. but if you hate rich geeky PC whores. then i guess you haven't seen them Side by Side :) since. you can't afford a good PC. but don't be calling me Whore just because im not getting a welfare check every month, but actually earning money. plus, i wouldn't call me PC whore since i own pretty much every system you could own around here (dating way back) plus alot of games. i would call me a collector. but then again.. welfare people can't be collectors too :)

Well I own a top of the line Crysis-maxing PC, and to be quite honest, there isn't much of a difference between the 360 and the PC versions. If you max the PC version then the textures are a little better, but other than that, lighting, water effects, and pretty much everything looks pretty identical.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeforgotten
[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"][QUOTE="zeforgotten"]i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360. jamejame

i never said anything about it running bad? where the heck did that come from. God.. but if you hate rich geeky PC whores. then i guess you haven't seen them Side by Side :) since. you can't afford a good PC. but don't be calling me Whore just because im not getting a welfare check every month, but actually earning money. plus, i wouldn't call me PC whore since i own pretty much every system you could own around here (dating way back) plus alot of games. i would call me a collector. but then again.. welfare people can't be collectors too :)

Well I own a top of the line Crysis-maxing PC, and to be quite honest, there isn't much of a difference between the 360 and the PC versions. If you max the PC version then the textures are a little better, but other than that, lighting, water effects, and pretty much everything looks pretty identical.

now you i can respect. because you're not yelling out random names at people. but i just thought people were allowed to have their own valid opinion on stuff like that. since we all know that a PC's hardware (if you spend money on it) will always be ahead. and my PC is Crysis-maxed too. lol (i like that word for some reason) and playing Bioshock in DX10 looks better than the 360 version. with everything maxed out of course. but i never said that the graphics for the 360 version was horrible like that. i just stated my opinion, that's all

osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
SOny, just buy rights to games. Just do it. I know it's unethical, but you're competing against MICROSOFT. they're very unethical, and will kick you down unless you put money down and buy devs all over the place. They bought bioshock? you buy irrational. They buy GTA rights? you buy rockstar. They buy Command and Conquer? you buy Blizzard!
Modbetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Modbetto
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts

LOL!!!:)

OMG!!!:shock:

What if they really did buy Blizzard?...

Just imagine DIABLO3:PS3 exclusive......

Or better......WORLD OF STARCRAFT....FOR PS3 ONLY...

I'd probably not have a girlfriend any more!!!!!!

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

SOny, just buy rights to games. Just do it. I know it's unethical, but you're competing against MICROSOFT. they're very unethical, and will kick you down unless you put money down and buy devs all over the place. They bought bioshock? you buy irrational. They buy GTA rights? you buy rockstar. They buy Command and Conquer? you buy Blizzard!osirisomeomi

Dude.. Blizzard doesn't make C&C.

steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 steizgr8
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

IMAGINE Sony bought Blizzard!

I know it would never happen, and I personally wouldn't like to play their games on nothin but the PS3, but, IMAGINE it!

After games like Warcraft II, Starcraft, Warcraft III and (I hate this game for stealing too many hours of my life) WoW, and Starcraft II on the way, wouldn't PS3 sales skyrocket with every new Blizzard game released?

PS I know I didn't mention the Diablo series, I just never got round to playing those games for some reason. :(

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeforgotten

LOL!!!:)

OMG!!!:shock:

What if they really did buy Blizzard?...

Just imagine DIABLO3:PS3 exclusive......

Or better......WORLD OF STARCRAFT....FOR PS3 ONLY...

I'd probably not have a girlfriend any more!!!!!!

Modbetto

no please no. not another World Of *name* .. game.. i mean.. put an MMO with slightly better graphics than Warcraft 3.. brr. that's no fun.. plus i don't wanna see everyone run around saying "Stop clicking on me" .. or stuff like that. wearing a pink Marine-armor

Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
oh man i guess ill have to play that stupid killzone 2 and MGS4. is this post serious?? come on who the f*** cars about this game with all the sweet ones coming out, if u want to play it that bad fix up ur pc or buy a 360 cause i really am getting tired of these stupid a** posts, thanx have a great day.
steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 steizgr8
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

[QUOTE="osirisomeomi"]SOny, just buy rights to games. Just do it. I know it's unethical, but you're competing against MICROSOFT. they're very unethical, and will kick you down unless you put money down and buy devs all over the place. They bought bioshock? you buy irrational. They buy GTA rights? you buy rockstar. They buy Command and Conquer? you buy Blizzard!OmegaOrtega

Dude.. Blizzard doesn't make C&C.

I ddin't think that that was what he meant.

Did he not mean, if they buy C&C, you buy Blizzard in the sense that if they buy a great RTS Franchise, beat them by buying an even better RTS developer?

Maybe I'm wrong, that's what I thought he meant.

lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Hey, can any one enlighten me why BioShock is soooo good? Why ppl make it such a big deal?

Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Not really a surprise
khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
got it for pc...whats the big deal? and soon a better and bigger gears of wars will be available for pc as well...cant wait! so i ask myself...whats the point of getting a 360? halo 3?...that will be out for pc in a cpl of years or maybe less and to tell u the truth i can wait. what i cant wait for is mgs4 and ffxiii...sighs
Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

Hey, can any one enlighten me why BioShock is soooo good? Why ppl make it such a big deal?

lhbchen
It was one of the best experiences I have had so far.(this gen) The atmosphere is great, story is awesome and keeps you guessing right until the end. The game is filled with choices, be it to save the little sisters to choosing how you will upgrade yourself to how you're going to go about killing... And, it's fun.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Didn't want it...
da1writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 da1writer

got it for pc...whats the big deal? and soon a better and bigger gears of wars will be available for pc as well...cant wait! so i ask myself...whats the point of getting a 360? halo 3?...that will be out for pc in a cpl of years or maybe less and to tell u the truth i can wait. what i cant wait for is mgs4 and ffxiii...sighskhalid_b

Lol! You're probably right... Halo 3 will probably come to PC, Direct X10/vistaonly (until someone cracks it). I don't see a point of getting an Xbox 360 either because their games seem to jump to PC a few months or years after the game comes out for the 360. I'm pretty sure Mass Effect will come to PC as well. All of this talk is of course off topic but does justify the reason why most PS3 owners also have a PC rig capable of playing games like Bioshock instead of having a 360 or buy games for that system. Bioshock was an alright game but nothing to go spazzing over...

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
That sucks bad for people who only own a PS3 because BioShock is incredible. I guess I'm not surprised Microsoft opened up the check book on this one. It sucks, but it's a smart move on their part.
MassacreMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 MassacreMonk
Member since 2005 • 3379 Posts
Imagine if Microsoft bought Sony? (which will never happen) but if they did... I cry til I die.
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts

if they made a next gen version of jet motoi would buy it...i used to play that game all the time on my playstation

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts

lhbchen

everything about it is top notch....great graphics, great gameplay, and great story all rolled into one amazing game....bioshock is definitely my favorite 360 game(halo included)

freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts

I never for a second thought it would come to the ps3.

Nor do i care

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts
Well Micosoft needs another good game besides Halo for the X360 you know and more now that Halo3 issupposeto be the last one\
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
i had a glimmer of hope it would reach ps3,
this was of course crushed by the MS corporation.
.."Surpr|se!?"..
yanike18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 yanike18
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts

"those rumors of Bioshock coming to the PlayStation 3? Scrap 'em; apparently, the incredible success of 2K Games' new IP on Xbox 360 (and PC) means Microsoft has snatched the rights to keep Rapture on their hardware."

Where exactly does this m$ has bought the rights to Bioshock? The article is basically stating that the game sold well on the PC and 360 but how does that equal exclusivity, isn't that even more reason for 2k games to release it on another platform. In any case i don't think this is a game PS3 owners would be clamoring for anyway but more games can only help the PS3s cause. Oh well at least starting next few months the games will start rolling in for the PS3. Christmas 07 continuing into 08 will be the make or break year for Sony.

Psychosisrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Psychosisrain
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

snipe2004

I should slap u silly

white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts

[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360. GreasyFetus69

lol this is 100% true and also if u cant run bioshock at max on pc then the graphics are a lot worse then the 360's LOL.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

Oh well. I'll survive.

Also, I gotta admit that my excitement for it has steadily passed away.

narpclinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 narpclinic
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

you get a few of the 360s games but nowhere near all of them.. and most of the time the ports suck or come years later. LOLwhite45e

1) System Wars is thattaway

2) How's that customer support line treating you?

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

dam...this was the only way i was gonna play this game too...my pc sucks lol...=(CosmoKing7717

:P the demo ran eh on my pc.

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

[QUOTE="zeforgotten"]i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360. GreasyFetus69

Totally agree.

I have played it on 360 and recently borrowed my bro's copy and tried it on PC. It looks great either way and to get it to run on PC really well you have to have a pretty decent set-up and 90+% of the population dont have that sort of setup. Though with the amount of PS3 fanboys who say they will just run it on their PC you'd think everybody had a 512mb+graphics card, least 2gb ram, coreduo's everywhere...

Not trying to bait but being a fan of a system is fine but dont get all barmy hardcore about it. It's a shame this isnt coming to PS3 coz I'm quite sure 75% of PS3 owners dont have a CPU to run this game better than a PS3/360 could. And its a game that everybody should get to play if you like atmospheric, artistic design and FPS...

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

EXACTLY!!!

WTF - Yeah SONY - please PLEASE don't waste your time on Jet Moto. Give me a break. LOL

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="GreasyFetus69"][QUOTE="zeforgotten"]i didn't even know people cared about Bioshock on the PS3. i have it for PC. and would never think of buying it for a console after i've seen it been played Side by Side on PC and 360... ugh.. poor game. getting molested graphically on the 360. mightyboosh13

Totally agree.

I have played it on 360 and recently borrowed my bro's copy and tried it on PC. It looks great either way and to get it to run on PC really well you have to have a pretty decent set-up and 90+% of the population dont have that sort of setup. Though with the amount of PS3 fanboys who say they will just run it on their PC you'd think everybody had a 512mb+graphics card, least 2gb ram, coreduo's everywhere...

Not trying to bait but being a fan of a system is fine but dont get all barmy hardcore about it. It's a shame this isnt coming to PS3 coz I'm quite sure 75% of PS3 owners dont have a CPU to run this game better than a PS3/360 could. And its a game that everybody should get to play if you like atmospheric, artistic design and FPS...

um you can get a 512mb graphics card for a couple hundred bucks, not at all expensive. and i got my dual core 2gb or ram PC with Vista for 600 bucks, its really that expensive.