Most overrated game on the PS3?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

strider_m16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 strider_m16
Member since 2010 • 278 Posts

Well what do you think, I thought MGS4 was the most overated

SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Are you talking about exclusives? If not I will go with Modern Warfare 2.

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I dunno, I haven't played GOW III, but I played the first 2 and I think they are pretty overated. i won't vote though, since I haven't played GOW III

Nadoori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nadoori
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts
demons souls
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

strider_m16
me too. maybe its becuz I never played 1, 2 or 3 but the story and gameplay never made me excited in MGS4....
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Infamous. It's got solid gameplay but everything else is just average, especially the lead character.

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

exclusive-metal gear solid4, most overrated multiplatform codmw2.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
MGS4. I mean, I can see how it got a 10. Good story with great characters. As far as gameplay goes though, the game literally lasted only 5 hours. Don't get me wrong the game is a solid 8-9, but a 10? Not up there yet. As far as multiplats go, it has to be the CoD series. I just don't see the appeal in the games besides the multiplayer.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Star Ocean 4. A 7.5 is way too much. I'm partially kidding :lol:

:|

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

For me its FF13, but closely behind it is Modnation Racers

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I dont get the people who say MGS4 was overrated, it was amazing and deserves all the recognition it gets! Exclusive wise Ill have to say Demon Souls, non exclusive would obviously be Modern Warfare 2

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

MGS4 by a long shot !!! Boring story, lousy AI, slow game play, and way too many cut scenes about nothing. How this game got a 10 I'll never understand. I can only guess that GS was feeling sorry for the PS3 when MGS4 was awarded a 10. A perfect game...not even close. Of course just my opinion.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#14 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

MGS4 and Little Big Planet are probably the most overrated.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

I would say MGS4 since it got a 10 from GS, however if your a MGS fan you'll love it to death.

I still voted for Uncharted 2 since I hated how much praise that game gets :twisted:.

jimbo_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 jimbo_24
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

little big planet

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

People are sad thinking MGS4 is overrated. And how many times are going to have overrated threads? Everytime is seems the TC wants to bash MGS4 for some odd reason.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NaveedLife

I would say MGS4 since it got a 10 from GS, however if your a MGS fan you'll love it to death.

I still voted for Uncharted 2 since I hated how much praise that game gets :twisted:.

Melpoe

Wow, and look at your sig. I guess your a hater and you are indeed going to hate. You don't have reasons for hating the games, you just dont like that they are praised so much and MGS is not your style I guess. Just because you dont like them doesnt mean they are not amazing, which they are ;)

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Melpoe

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

NaveedLife

Wow, and look at your sig. I guess your a hater and you are indeed going to hate. You don't have reasons for hating the games, you just dont like that they are praised so much and MGS is not your style I guess. Just because you dont like them doesnt mean they are not amazing, which they are ;)

I love MGS4! I just know when a game is far overrated.

Uncharted 2 though imo is overrated, maybe not as much as MGS4 but my god somebody had to vote for U2 lol (btw i liked U2 D: ).

(edited for the 3rd time!)

I gave U2 an 8.5 an I enjoyed it but I just got so sick when it first came out and hearing people say "Uncharted 2 is the best game evar" and "Melpoe you just hate U2 because you have terrible taste in games and can't keep up with my incredibly fast paced life stylr of living"!!!!!!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Melpoe

Uncharted 2 though imo is overrated, maybe not as much as MGS4 but my god somebody had to vote for U2 lol (btw i liked U2 D: ).

I gave U2 an 8.5 an I enjoyed it but I just got so sick when it first came out and hearing people say "Uncharted 2 is the best game evar" and "Melpoe you just hate U2 because you have terrible taste in games and can't keep up with my incredibly fast paced life stylr of living"!!!!!!

OK, so answer me this. What is a game worthy of a 9.5 or a 10 and so on? Uncharted 2 IMO was UNDERRATED at a 9.5 on IGN. I thought it was at least a 9.8.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Melpoe

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

OK, so answer me this. What is a game worthy of a 9.5 or a 10 and so on? Uncharted 2 IMO was UNDERRATED at a 9.5 on IGN. I thought it was at least a 9.8.

Well imo U2 did not get a 9+ from me because I felt it was to similar to the first, poor AI, repetitive combat, and ofcourse the story was decent at best.

Now imo a game that is worthy of a 9.5.. so far I think the only game I gave a 9.5 was Batman AA mainly because I found nothing wrong with it besides minor nit picking elements like the boss battles. No glitches, great story, great gameplay, great graphics. 9-10 scores are thrown around so much these days, people get offended if a game gets anything lower then a 9. I reviewed RDR and gave it a 8.5 and I have 7 out of 14 people recommend my review lol.\

-

So what makes a game worthy of a 9.5-10? for me it would be Story,Gameplay,Graphics then little things like glitches, if they are any in the game ofcourse.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

Melpoe

Well imo U2 did not get a 9+ from me because I felt it was to similar to the first, poor AI, repetitive combat, and ofcourse the story was decent at best.

Now imo a game that is worthy of a 9.5.. so far I think the only game I gave a 9.5 was Batman AA mainly because I found nothing wrong with it besides minor nit picking elements like the boss battles. No glitches, great story, great gameplay, great graphics. 9-10 scores are thrown around so much these days, people get offended if a game gets anything lower then a 9. I reviewed RDR and gave it a 8.5 and I have 7 out of 14 people recommend my review lol.\

-

So what makes a game worthy of a 9.5-10? for me it would be Story,Gameplay,Graphics then little things like glitches, if they are any in the game ofcourse.

]

Well whatever, I understand what you are saying but disagree with your opnion on UC2, I personally feel the game had almost no flaws as you did with Batman. Second best game this gen ;).

i_strain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 i_strain
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

MGS4 is destined to go down as the most overrated game ever.When people are calling it the greatest story ever told you know you have a winner.The story is bloated,over done and full of clichés.

High scores are thrown around so much they have become devalued and are just short hand for"that was a cool game".

I love MGS4! I just know when a game is far overrated.Melpoe

Exactly,you can have fun and like a game and still know it's overrated.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
Resistance 2.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Melpoe

[QUOTE="Melpoe"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

-

]

Well whatever, I understand what you are saying but disagree with your opnion on UC2, I personally feel the game had almost no flaws as you did with Batman. Second best game this gen ;).

You know what, because of your rude actions im going to drop my review of U2 to an 8 :twisted:. Lol naw, but yeah I just found alot of flaws and I am no hater that lives to hate :).
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

Both MGS4 and GOW3

Avatar image for christhakingpin
christhakingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 christhakingpin
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

KZ2. Horrible controls.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#29 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

None of the above but Modnation Racers gets my vote.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

If you're just counting exclusives, then to me it's Demon's Souls. I really didn't like the game and it's not because I suck at games. I'm very good at almost every game I play actually. Some people like it and that's understandable, but it's way too much like a dungeon crawler to me. Plus all the elitest a-holes that think they're a god for beating the game are just annoying. Anybody can beat the game. The only hard part is sticking with it because it's so annoying.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

little big planet

jimbo_24
this.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 parvie

If you're just counting exclusives, then to me it's Demon's Souls. I really didn't like the game and it's not because I suck at games. I'm very good at almost every game I play actually. Some people like it and that's understandable, but it's way too much like a dungeon crawler to me. Plus all the elitest a-holes that think they're a god for beating the game are just annoying. Anybody can beat the game. The only hard part is sticking with it because it's so annoying.

Ospov
Didn't you read the reviews? They said it is a dungeon crawler. and i have yet to meet an a-hole who thinks he/she is a god for beating the fame
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 parvie
[QUOTE="strider_m16"]

bobbleheadrogue
me too. maybe its becuz I never played 1, 2 or 3 but the story and gameplay never made me excited in MGS4....

There's your reason sir. MGS4 is a 10 TO FANS OF THE SERIES.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Infamous. It's got solid gameplay but everything else is just average, especially the lead character.

heretrix

Testify. I thoughtI was the only one... really didn't care for it after a few hours of trying to like it. I thought, "In a room full of this much horse ****, there's gotta be a pony in here somewhere..."

But... no.

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts

Ospov
hahahahahah i can tell from your post that DS kicked your butt all over the place. Prolly had you screaming, breathing all fast and ready to either throw the controller through the TV or kick a hole in the TV. "forget this stupid game, im never playin this crap again" as you are fumbling madly trying to ramm the disc back into its case.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 parvie
[QUOTE="ekultus"][QUOTE="Ospov"] hahahahahah i can tell from your post that DS kicked your butt all over the place. Prolly had you screaming, breathing all fast and ready to either throw the controller through the TV or kick a hole in the TV. "forget this stupid game, im never playin this crap again" as you are fumbling madly trying to ramm the disc back into its case.

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

ekultus
hahahahahah i can tell from your post that DS kicked your butt all over the place. Prolly had you screaming, breathing all fast and ready to either throw the controller through the TV or kick a hole in the TV. "forget this stupid game, im never playin this crap again" as you are fumbling madly trying to ramm the disc back into its case.

that's what DS does best-- conquering its players and then having them come here and rant about it. no offense, ospov.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 parvie

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

MonkeySpot

Testify. I thoughtI was the only one... really didn't care for it after a few hours of trying to like it. I thought, "In a room full of this much horse ****, there's gotta be a pony in here somewhere..."

But... no.

ahhhh.... infamous for me too.
SILVER_X_AMMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SILVER_X_AMMO
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

strider_m16

i can tell u never played the other mgs . it wasnt overarated since it revealed everything and it was epicness

Avatar image for kool_zed_speaks
kool_zed_speaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 kool_zed_speaks
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts

No, MGS4 was great. The mostoverratedgame on the PS3 is inFAMOUS.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

Motorstorm........

It made me weep to play it on a console that just cost me £640.

Weep with rage, and want to hate sony forever...

MGS4 redeemed them though.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#41 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I like Metal Gear Solid 4 but I think it's overrated I don't agree with the score it got all 10. As for multiplatform I'd say Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

Stigmatist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stigmatist
Member since 2009 • 200 Posts

MGS 4. Returned for credit.

demons soulsNadoori

Exclusive wise Ill have to say Demon Souls...bigboss1203

If you're just counting exclusives, then to me it's Demon's Souls. Ospov

Black Phantom Invasion!

Blue Phantom Summon!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Nadoori"]

[QUOTE="bigboss1203"]Exclusive wise Ill have to say Demon Souls...Stigmatist

If you're just counting exclusives, then to me it's Demon's Souls. Ospov

Black Phantom Invasion!

Blue Phantom Summon!

Games arent fun when you play a part over and over again with the same setup of monsters and everything. You cant even take it on at a different way or anything. It just sucks if you died because you do the SAME exact thing over again which is not fun :P.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

MGS4 by far. Terrible game, terrible series.

Altiar25
* singe * Your going to get burned up man :P
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I say Modern Warfare 2. There isnt a more overrated game this gen. Bad Company 2 comes in a close second, but is not as bad.
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Uncharted 2. Unlikeable characters in a movie style story that tries too hard but with really good graphics. It deserves praise for how it looks but beyond that i found it overrated.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

MW2.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

[QUOTE="Stigmatist"]

[QUOTE="Nadoori"]

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

If you're just counting exclusives, then to me it's Demon's Souls. NaveedLife

Black Phantom Invasion!

Blue Phantom Summon!

Games arent fun when you play a part over and over again with the same setup of monsters and everything. You cant even take it on at a different way or anything. It just sucks if you died because you do the SAME exact thing over again which is not fun :P.

I guess you weren't around in the NES days, child.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

All the games on that list are overrated IMO, also KZ2.

It's sad that games like KZ2 or God of War get so much attention when there are games like Cross Edge, Valkyria Chronicles, Afrika or Yakuza 3 that are way better and get little to no attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I agree. As good as MGS4 might be, it seems like everyone just overlooked it's bad qualities and unanimously said it was perfect because they were expected to.