Mortal Kombat 9 How To Defeat Shao Kahn With Lui Kang?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jxg123sk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jxg123sk
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i am on the part where shao kahn snaps kung laos neck and i cant defeat shao kahn im trying many strategies but he keeps beating me what should i do? plz help
Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#2 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts

Finish Him.

jxg123sk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jxg123sk

Finish Him.

phantom_blade66
I wish I could...
djseebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 djseebee
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

i already defeated him with scorpion, he have a miss point when he stand and laughing try using combo & special moves 2 hit him, save ur XRAY for last hit and do it .. try to degrade difficulty to beginner

Avaddon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avaddon8
Member since 2010 • 177 Posts

DUDE it was so easy, i fought with him for like 3 hours till i realized what t odo. all you do is use high and low fireballs from far away. and his health goes down quick. :)

dougperkowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dougperkowski
How do you do the low fireball? I have literally been trying to beat him for FOUR HOURS! I know how to do the regular fireball and it is literally not helping me at all.
jxg123sk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jxg123sk
I killed him just by staying as far away from him as I could and when he taunted or laughed I did the flying dragon kick and dashed back as far as possible and repeated it until time ran out he litteraly never touched me and I defeated him :)
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
[QUOTE="dougperkowski"]How do you do the low fireball? I have literally been trying to beat him for FOUR HOURS! I know how to do the regular fireball and it is literally not helping me at all.

Check the moves list.
dougperkowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dougperkowski
I did man. What is its name? The moves list doesn't include the move set for the regular fireball as it stands. Am I doing something wrong here?
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrmusicman247
I did man. What is its name? The moves list doesn't include the move set for the regular fireball as it stands. Am I doing something wrong here? dougperkowski
The lists has 2 parts. One part contains the basic attacks and combos. The second part special moves, like the fire ball one, and fatalities and what not.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
[QUOTE="dougperkowski"]How do you do the low fireball? I have literally been trying to beat him for FOUR HOURS! I know how to do the regular fireball and it is literally not helping me at all.

Back Forward X..
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

I took the exact opposite approach, and stayed CLOSE! Use the block button, it is very much your friend. You have to play defensive against him. Most of his hits can be blocked, so stay close and wait for him to strike. Block everything you can, and then counter with a strong move (uppercut or flying kick). Also, use your X-Ray at every opportunity. Small combos work very well working into a hard attack too. Just remember, USE BLOCK and he's not that hard. Block, counter, block, counter. Two tries using that strategy. Using the 'stay far away' I got my tail handed me to 5 or 6 times without even coming close to hurting him.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrmusicman247

I took the exact opposite approach, and stayed CLOSE! Use the block button, it is very much your friend. You have to play defensive against him. Most of his hits can be blocked, so stay close and wait for him to strike. Block everything you can, and then counter with a strong move (uppercut or flying kick). Also, use your X-Ray at every opportunity. Small combos work very well working into a hard attack too. Just remember, USE BLOCK and he's not that hard. Block, counter, block, counter. Two tries using that strategy. Using the 'stay far away' I got my tail handed me to 5 or 6 times without even coming close to hurting him.

boostud
I'm gonna have disagree with you there. As a lot of his attacks CAN'T be blocked, staying away is good approach. With Liu Kang, I used the Flying Kick then the Bicycle Kick as he got up. Them I backed away to repeat the same process.
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 boostud

They can't be completely blocked, but they dont damage you nearly as bad, nor do they knock you down. Strategy worked great. Not saying its the best way, but it turned out to be very easy for me.

dougperkowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dougperkowski
Yea literally none of this is helping me at all.
dougperkowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dougperkowski
Nevermind. Just got it. Thanks for the help guys!
hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

wait till you fight him again later on in the story...what a pain man...so dam cheap.

boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 boostud
Nevermind. Just got it. Thanks for the help guys!dougperkowski
yea? how'd you end up doing it. With everybody throwing input, I'd like to hear how you accomplished it.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I can't believe that MK has to submit to the "make the last boss totally stupid and cheap" check mark that all fighting games have to have. I used Kratos and I spammed his arrow move. Worked quite well.
tsl3161991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tsl3161991
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
after two days of trying, i found a solution, just dodge his attacks, attack when he starts gloating, and let the timer run out. as long as your health is more than his, you'll win every time.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
[QUOTE="boostud"]

mrmusicman247
I'm gonna have disagree with you there. As a lot of his attacks CAN'T be blocked, staying away is good approach. With Liu Kang, I used the Flying Kick then the Bicycle Kick as he got up. Them I backed away to repeat the same process.

I agree. The best approach is to range him and attack at the right times.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrmusicman247
after two days of trying, i found a solution, just dodge his attacks, attack when he starts gloating, and let the timer run out. as long as your health is more than his, you'll win every time.tsl3161991
Eh...that's like cheating in my eyes >.>
tommy12hips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tommy12hips
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
fireball method is definitely the best, you have to mix it up low and high, as long as you keep hitting him hes keeps getting knocked back a bit to keep you away. if he gets too close flip over him or away from him and get as far away as you can before starting the fireballs again... i did it 1st time this way, thanks for the help!
GrahfisGone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GrahfisGone
The ranged strat can totally fail if he decides to start spamming his spear/hammer ranged moves
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I can't believe that MK has to submit to the "make the last boss totally stupid and cheap" check mark that all fighting games have to have. I used Kratos and I spammed his arrow move. Worked quite well.

All of the old MK games were like that and this game is a homage to those titles. Some people just aren't understanding that for some reason.
GrahfisGone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GrahfisGone
The bosses really aren't THAT bad. esp since this game is **** BOSS. compared to the dickery that is DOA end bosses
GranaryBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GranaryBread
It doesn't work koz he jus spams that stupid unblockable hammer that dazes you, just had to go 1 step further then street fighter and make the boss ridiculously hard didnt you MK, WELL F'N DONE!!
Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

Here you go guys, i made a guide for you on how to beat Shao Kahn easily, the first video is with Lui Kang and then the next video is with Raiden (last boss)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haw0CCMdGPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_j7KNIsGRM

SoopaKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SoopaKilla
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts
For those who were saying they used another character, he is talking about on Story Mode where you have to use Liu Kang.. I beat him double flawless on that part of story by going full screen away and spamming the low fireball (back, forward, X) the entire time. From this distance all he did was either taunt or throw the spear and you just have to time the fireball so that the spear doesn't hit you...
Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I can't believe that MK has to submit to the "make the last boss totally stupid and cheap" check mark that all fighting games have to have. I used Kratos and I spammed his arrow move. Worked quite well.parvie
All of the old MK games were like that and this game is a homage to those titles. Some people just aren't understanding that for some reason.

Are you saying it's a good thing they put in cheap bosses, or are you saying that because it's a homage that they did it by design, even though it may not be the greatest idea when getting review scores?

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chaos_Bladez

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I can't believe that MK has to submit to the "make the last boss totally stupid and cheap" check mark that all fighting games have to have. I used Kratos and I spammed his arrow move. Worked quite well.christ4ever9889

Are you saying it's a good thing they put in cheap bosses, or are you saying that because it's a homage that they did it by design, even though it may not be the greatest idea when getting review scores?

It's unacceptable. They don't need my quarters anymore so make him at least fair. Ok so his moves are more powerful, cool, but he breaks the rules of the game. Getting hit but still being able to move is terrible and his unblockable hammer throw that stuns is stupid. So stupid. My only problem with game as I love it.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 parvie

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I can't believe that MK has to submit to the "make the last boss totally stupid and cheap" check mark that all fighting games have to have. I used Kratos and I spammed his arrow move. Worked quite well.christ4ever9889

They are not cheap bosses. It may seem like they are at first for a beginner, but once you figure out how to beat them (jump over, unleash strongest combo, jump over before they get up, repeat), you begin to realize the AI is actually pretty stupid. Goro and Kintaro are jokes
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 parvie

And just wait when, in the challenge tower, you have to... *SPOILER*

...face 3 Shao Kahns using Stryker with no regenerating health. But there is strategy that makes it super simple.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
It's actually pretty simple. All you do is back away from him and block whatever he throws at you until he does his taunt. At that point you do the flying dragon kick. Then rinse and repeat. Normally I can get 2-3 dragon kicks in before he starts blocking them and I need to start backing away again. The great thing about the attack is that it works from a long distance, and when you hit him with it, it throws him farther away, which is where you want him to be.
Serjicalstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Serjicalstuff
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
hey guys im also having issues with this level, im trying the fireball technique and he keeps throwing the low hammer thing, but i found out that when you do low fireball, it actually dodges the hammer. anyways, when i try the fireball thing, he keeps using that dash/shoulder thing. it killing me if it weren t for that, i could probably beat him
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
I killed him just by staying as far away from him as I could and when he taunted or laughed I did the flying dragon kick and dashed back as far as possible and repeated it until time ran out he litteraly never touched me and I defeated him :)jxg123sk
This is what I did as well. I spammed fireball as much as possible too.
furman411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 furman411
half the time when i use a fireball my guy spazzes and starts jumping
bubba110494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bubba110494

Yea literally none of this is helping me at all. dougperkowski

yeah, its so cheap. all he does is use his power attacks. ive tried staying back but i just cant. he doesnt taunt me. all he does is run after me or throw that stupid hammer. i watched a video and he taunted this guy like atleast 30 secs of the round. he just doesnt taunt me. ive also tried using fireballs but he just runs up inbetween me using one and the other one going to him. please help me. if u can post a good video or tell me something im doing wrong please tell me (im playing it on beginner) ive been on this level for the past week and i play it a good 60 times a day until i break the controller in my hands.

sonofman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sonofman00
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts
This game is bull. Basically an overpowered pos character. And I don't think you can toggle the controls to easy once you've already begun playing story mode on normal. i'm gonna burn this pos.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#40 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I just wait till he taunts you then hit him.

FireFox67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FireFox67
Member since 2008 • 1012 Posts

Just do the bycicle kick and flying dragon.

Now beating Baraka, Sindel and Shao Kahn with a life bar with Shang Tsung, that is annoying as hell!

MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

Like someone said earlier you just gotta keep your distance. Shao Khan is a cheap character and must be delt with as such. Just jump backwards as much as you can to get to the other side of the screen. He will do 1 of three things, throw a spear (which you can duck under and shoot him right after), throw a hammer (which you have to jump over, and can shoot him after), or be a fat head and call you weak names in which case you un-load on him. Just dont try to fight him like you would normally fight any other character.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Like someone said earlier you just gotta keep your distance. Shao Khan is a cheap character and must be delt with as such. Just jump backwards as much as you can to get to the other side of the screen. He will do 1 of three things, throw a spear (which you can duck under and shoot him right after), throw a hammer (which you have to jump over, and can shoot him after), or be a fat head and call you weak names in which case you un-load on him. Just dont try to fight him like you would normally fight any other character.

MaKillaGorilla

Pfft that's a cowardly tactic, the best way to take him on is to be direct. Stay close to him and perform a combo that makes him fall, dash towards him and jump over(other side) just before he does his wake attack thus allowing you to perform the combo again. Repeat this and he will be dead in no time and it works well on every difficulty setting

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

the way i beat him was by being cheap, i kept jumping over him when he was about to do his hammer attack and then i uppercut him and did it all over again.

Gareque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gareque
Heh, it's amusing that you can see just who hasn't played the old games, or at least who hasn't for quite some time. I got annoyed at first sure, but then I realised that I was making it far too difficult. The bosses are identical to how you used to fight them. Avoid and spam special attacks. The fireball/flying kick moves work for Liu Kang. Rayden was just a joke. All I did there was wait for him to taunt, teleport, uppercut and repeat. This did get on my nerves though as he kept doing the lightning 'tickle' instead, which is odd when I only pressed down :S. But still, the fights are stupidly easy once you know. Motaro I was first pulling my hair out, but again, spam combo's. All I did, was jump, heavy strike into a light combo and back off again. Kintaro was the same. Sindel when you are playing as Nightwolf is a MUCH harder fight.
dachande86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dachande86
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts

I don't understand how it's possible to beat him... blocking or using any move rarely works. He just plows through my blocks and stuns me with his hammer. He then combos me or uses his x-ray which in 3 hits does 52% damage (usually kills me at that point). This is gonna take a long time... It doesn't help that I am the worst at Liu Kang than any of the other characters. The left to right (or vice versa) combos aren't as easy as the down right/left ones. *sigh*

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chaos_Bladez
[QUOTE="christ4ever9889"]

[QUOTE="parvie"] All of the old MK games were like that and this game is a homage to those titles. Some people just aren't understanding that for some reason.parvie

They are not cheap bosses. It may seem like they are at first for a beginner, but once you figure out how to beat them (jump over, unleash strongest combo, jump over before they get up, repeat), you begin to realize the AI is actually pretty stupid. Goro and Kintaro are jokes

I'm with you on Kintaro and Goro, they've gotten easy to beat, but not on Shao Kahn. SK is cheap. If you don't think he is cheap, then what do you call it? An homage doesn't need to include broken, outdated mechanics. Things need to be updated to stay relevant.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 parvie

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="christ4ever9889"]Are you saying it's a good thing they put in cheap bosses, or are you saying that because it's a homage that they did it by design, even though it may not be the greatest idea when getting review scores?

Chaos_Bladez

I'm with you on Kintaro and Goro, they've gotten easy to beat, but not on Shao Kahn. SK is cheap. If you don't think he is cheap, then what do you call it? An homage doesn't need to include broken, outdated mechanics. Things need to be updated to stay relevant.

A little less cheap? SK is faster than Goro and Kintaro, but still so predictable.

Katonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Katonymous
I figured out a very easy way to beat him with any character. All you have to do is jump over him and kick before you land on the other side, if he does a normal hit the kick will connect, if he does the hammer uppercut thing the kick wont connect but you can dash in and combo before he recovers. Just make sure after your first hit that you wait for him to start to get up before you jump over him, or else he will be facing you when he gets up. This even works on expert but you have to be fast and your timing has to be perfect.