Men Prefer Playstation Over Women (LOL)

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
That is a very very sad stat. Time to put the controllers down and get out of your mother's basement and find out what socializing is about, esp. with the opposite sex. :) [QUOTE="redskins2156"]

http://www.in2town.co.uk/Entertainment-News/Entertainment-News-Men-Prefer-Playstations-to-Women/menu-id-4588

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#102 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

this article is just STUPID. when someone plays with his ps3 does it for himself, it is a time investemnet on spare time , on your free time, you do it for you. what is wrong with sparing time for yourself, this is called private life. but chics do not seem to understand what private life means (i said chics and now women cause there is a difference), if men could spare all of their time in their women , their women wpuld nt mind at all. i can see it in my friends and in me.

actually the women are Succubus...

Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Twig978
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts
Society is doomed. And if you spend more time on here or playing games then with a girl or friends than you have no life. I notice on Gamespot that some people are just so into gaming and act like it's the center of their life *cough* system wars *cough*.
Dante553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 Dante553
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

I don't :P

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

I agree with the article totally. Women wear out they're welcome once the sex is over, my PS3 and games never wear out their welcome.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Some of you guys don't seem to realize that there's a difference between preferring your PS3 over your woman and preferring your PS3 over sex.

If you prefer your female counterpart over your PS3 because you can have sex with her, than she's nothing more than an object to you, because you can also get sex from a cheap hooker.

ArchoNils2

Actually comparing a woman with a PS3 already made her an object or you can't comprare them as you (at least I hope so oO)

No no no, that depends on what aspect of the woman one would be referring to.

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilBorg"]I vote we all go get girlfriends and turn them all into gamers.Denji

This is not a reality. If they even get close, guess what? It Rockband, Guitar Hero and Tetris. Or some Bejeweled knock off crap on some website. Especially women around my age. If they touch it at all. There's still a general stigma about video games that it's meant for "kids" or someone "lower" than they feel they are without actually thinking about how they entertain themselves. Because generally, playing video games is still "a waste of time" over just sitting there and watching TV or reading a book. As if it makes a difference at all...:roll:

I'm not sure what you guys are doing wrong but the last two girls I dated had no issues playing games shooting games. My present g/f actually plays both Borderlands and MW2 Special ops with me. You just need make that a requirment when dating. JK.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I don't get it.

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

There's one thing a woman can do that my PS3 can't. AND i think we all know what that is..... ;)

Rylone

wait what? my ps3 cant clean a toilet or make me a sandwich.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Scianix-Black

oh ok, guess I know what you mean ^^ Still, it's IMO silly to comprare a gaming system with womans in general. I just don't get how you want to comprare them? By the time you spent with them? Sure I spent more time with my PS3 than my grandma, but when it comes to my gf, I can actually have both, playing local co-op games together xD

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I think I will take a good woman over a playstation ANYDAY.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

ArchoNils2

oh ok, guess I know what you mean ^^ Still, it's IMO silly to comprare a gaming system with womans in general. I just don't get how you want to comprare them? By the time you spent with them? Sure I spent more time with my PS3 than my grandma, but when it comes to my gf, I can actually have both, playing local co-op games together xD

I can agree with you there.

Can't compare a woman to the PS3 because that just isn't fair to the woman. The woman is always going to have flaws, therefore she is always going to lose when it comes to the opinion of the gamer.

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

Well it depends on the situation. Right now PS3 is kicking women's @$$ in this poll because with my ps3 i don't have to put up with drama or crap like getting dumped and finding out that she actually liked her best friend (a guy) more than me the entire time. Pissed me off for a while then i said screw it i'm going back to something simple, picked up the ds3 and started shooting stuff. Maybe not as enjoyable, but it gives a lot less frustration.

Don't get me wrong i'll take women over ps3 almost every time and i used to have both in harmony

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#114 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
This whole topic is lol worthy to the utmost degree. :P Women, no matter who they are, are better then a lifeless chunk of electronics, flaws and all. That being said, I would prefer to play PS3 then hang out with my ex or her friends any day of the week. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-57d32c9daf505
deactivated-57d32c9daf505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-57d32c9daf505
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts

I think the amount of time most women spend caring about their beautiness/shopping

(which I understand is most women's hobby and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong at all with that...!)

is equal to the amount of time men spend playing with videogames, or whatever hobby they're into...!

Hey, wait... women make themselves more beautiful, and we like beautiful women...

We play videogames and we....well, we... HEY LOOK BEHIND YOU, A THREE-HEADED MONKEY!!!!

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

I think the amount of time most women spend caring about their beautiness/shopping

(which I understand is most women's hobby and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong at all with that...!)

is equal to the amount of time men spend playing with videogames, or whatever hobby they're into...!

Hey, wait... women make themselves more beautiful, and we like beautiful women...

We play videogames and we....well, we... HEY LOOK BEHIND YOU, A THREE-HEADED MONKEY!!!!

djcalotta

WHERE? darnit... hmm... well it improves our... reflexes in our thumbs? idk i'm at a loss

Esmenet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Esmenet
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

[QUOTE="Esmenet"][QUOTE="Denji"]

This is not a reality. If they even get close, guess what? It Rockband, Guitar Hero and Tetris. Or some Bejeweled knock off crap on some website. Especially women around my age. If they touch it at all. There's still a general stigma about video games that it's meant for "kids" or someone "lower" than they feel they are without actually thinking about how they entertain themselves. Because generally, playing video games is still "a waste of time" over just sitting there and watching TV or reading a book. As if it makes a difference at all...:roll:

Scianix-Black

I am a girl. And I love videogames. Besides sex, it is my favorite thing to do. And read. but gaming comes first. I do not like Rockband, Guitar Hero is ok, and Tetris is a classic. My favorite video game is Okami, along with Ocarina of Time, and Shadow of the Colossus. So please, don't generalize females like that. I'm not a feminist, nor do I want to sit and argue about it, but there are some women out that they enjoy real video games. And just for the record, I do not look like a man. :P And, I'm not shocked to find that some men spend more time on their consoles than with the real world. Your console can't nag, and argue, and annoy the p*ss out of you. Well, for 360 owners, the latter is quite possible. But either way, that's not all men. My boyfriend would have sex with me over video games any day. Over anything.

lol, You tried to prove a point, but that didn't prove anything.

Of course he would have sex with you over a video game anyday... he's human. He does what feels good. Video games and sex both feel good... but the difference here is that video games, like you said, do not nag. Not only that, but you can get lost in video games... you can't really get lost in sex. There isn't a story to sex. You do it and you're done.

It's not like during sex he's thinking "Gee... this is fun and all, but I sure can't wait for her to start telling me about all the things I do wrong!"

Generally, I don't think men prefer video games over women, they just prefer the fact that they can use their console whenever they want without having to worry about commitment, and contrary to what you may think, I doubt your boyfriend's any different.

I'm not here to judge.... I mean he's with you because he likes/loves/committed to you, I'm sure, because there are people like that out there, but using the fact that he likes to have sex with you as a basis for claiming he's different from the men who prefer video games over women is... lol, wrong.

Ha, I didn't really mean to write it that way. I wasn't trying to say my boyfriend is like all men, or not like all men, just that he would rather do something with a human than with his ps3. I read, a lot, and sometimes I prefer reading to real life. Because I agree, you can get lost in video games and in reading. I guess I'm just confused, because my sexual life is so different than what you are describing. I can get lost in sex, and I use it as a way of escape more frequently than video games, because it's a phsycial satisfaction. And as far as there being no story, have you not heard of BDSM or role playing? You can turn your sex life into something akin to a video game. I guess it just depends on one's level of commitment. And please, don't think I'm stereotyping by saying this: most of the men that I know personally do not put as much commitment and effort into their sex lives as they do to the latest RPG or shooter. and there's nothing wrong with that. You should put effort where you want to, but with video games that effort is satisfying one person: you. Whereas with sex, your lack of effort is hurting someone. Unless of course your partner doesn't care either way either. And for me, sex isn't just over when it's "done", because there is an emotion level of sex that stays with you. I'm not talking about one night stands here, or hook ups, I'm talking about sex in a relationship. Even in an open relationship. I agree with what you said though. However, in some relationships, you can "use the person" whenever you want, just like your console. :P And he doesn't really play video games as much as I do anyways, so sex is a better option for him most days.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Well it depends on the situation. Right now PS3 is kicking women's @$$ in this poll because with my ps3 i don't have to put up with drama or crap like getting dumped and finding out that she actually liked her best friend (a guy) more than me the entire time. Pissed me off for a while then i said screw it i'm going back to something simple, picked up the ds3 and started shooting stuff. Maybe not as enjoyable, but it gives a lot less frustration.

Don't get me wrong i'll take women over ps3 almost every time and i used to have both in harmony

yoda4ps3

Ughh, I hate when that happens. Videogames aren't complicated and dealing with people can get messy most of the time. And let's not forget the equation now.

Girlfriends= Time X Money

PS3=Time (no money after initial cost)

Esmenet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Esmenet

[QUOTE="yoda4ps3"]

Zidaneski

Ughh, I hate when that happens. Videogames aren't complicated and dealing with people can get messy most of the time. And let's not forget the equation now.

Girlfriends= Time X Money

PS3=Time (no money after initial cost)

Wait, it doesn't cost money to buy games for the console?? Ha. Either way, if I was a guy, I would totally agree with your logic.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
hey, i missed this topic.. who revived it? anyway, it's always fun to read what people have to say on this matter :)
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="Sk8ter_213"][QUOTE="Denji"]

That's BS.

Not me anyways. Nothing beats sex. Not even video games. Sorry...

what he said.

dude i lived wid a girl for over a year, and at one point she goes somewhere wid her friends, or she wants to watch a movie, so if u r not bothered to watch a chick flick or something, then i would just put my ps3 play a bit, and when she was done then i would switch off the ps3...so we all game either way, if we r single or not
Goombacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Goombacide
Member since 2009 • 129 Posts

i personally prefer women over video games, and I dont even have a girlfriend.

the thing is, video games offer an alternate reality compared to the one we live in.

when i get depressed, games have always helped me..

but games could never help as much as a beautiful woman could

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

Lol really they must be joking...

lahdeedah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#124 lahdeedah
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

Wow, that's pathetic.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18816 Posts

you ppl are reading this wrong. Thier saying as far as ENTERTAINMENT. This is sitaution is no diffrent than men rather spend time hanging with their male freinds than watching a chick flick with thier chick.

and dont think in terms of Sex

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#126 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

60 hours per month?

I'm like 50% below average. And no, I don't prefer my PS3 over my wife, and it's not even close.

And I love my PS3. It should give you an idea.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Esmenet"] I am a girl. And I love videogames. Besides sex, it is my favorite thing to do. And read. but gaming comes first. I do not like Rockband, Guitar Hero is ok, and Tetris is a classic. My favorite video game is Okami, along with Ocarina of Time, and Shadow of the Colossus. So please, don't generalize females like that. I'm not a feminist, nor do I want to sit and argue about it, but there are some women out that they enjoy real video games. And just for the record, I do not look like a man. :P And, I'm not shocked to find that some men spend more time on their consoles than with the real world. Your console can't nag, and argue, and annoy the p*ss out of you. Well, for 360 owners, the latter is quite possible. But either way, that's not all men. My boyfriend would have sex with me over video games any day. Over anything. Esmenet

Of course he would have sex with you over a video game anyday... he's human. He does what feels good. Video games and sex both feel good... but the difference here is that video games, like you said, do not nag. Not only that, but you can get lost in video games... you can't really get lost in sex. There isn't a story to sex. You do it and you're done.

It's not like during sex he's thinking "Gee... this is fun and all, but I sure can't wait for her to start telling me about all the things I do wrong!"

Generally, I don't think men prefer video games over women, they just prefer the fact that they can use their console whenever they want without having to worry about commitment, and contrary to what you may think, I doubt your boyfriend's any different.

I'm not here to judge.... I mean he's with you because he likes/loves/committed to you, I'm sure, because there are people like that out there, but using the fact that he likes to have sex with you as a basis for claiming he's different from the men who prefer video games over women is... lol, wrong.

Ha, I didn't really mean to write it that way. I wasn't trying to say my boyfriend is like all men, or not like all men, just that he would rather do something with a human than with his ps3. I read, a lot, and sometimes I prefer reading to real life. Because I agree, you can get lost in video games and in reading. I guess I'm just confused, because my sexual life is so different than what you are describing. I can get lost in sex, and I use it as a way of escape more frequently than video games, because it's a phsycial satisfaction. And as far as there being no story, have you not heard of BDSM or role playing? You can turn your sex life into something akin to a video game. I guess it just depends on one's level of commitment. And please, don't think I'm stereotyping by saying this: most of the men that I know personally do not put as much commitment and effort into their sex lives as they do to the latest RPG or shooter. and there's nothing wrong with that. You should put effort where you want to, but with video games that effort is satisfying one person: you. Whereas with sex, your lack of effort is hurting someone. Unless of course your partner doesn't care either way either. And for me, sex isn't just over when it's "done", because there is an emotion level of sex that stays with you. I'm not talking about one night stands here, or hook ups, I'm talking about sex in a relationship. Even in an open relationship.

I agree with what you said though. However, in some relationships, you can "use the person" whenever you want, just like your console. :P And he doesn't really play video games as much as I do anyways, so sex is a better option for him most days.

That's true... I just can't agree with all the people here who are comparing women to video games. It just doesn't work that way.

You can compare sex to video games, but not women.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I named my PS3 after my ex.
Hizakii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Hizakii
Member since 2009 • 168 Posts
Spending time and money on a movie with your partner as they call it sounds the same as spending 4 hours with said partner gaming together on a game enjoyable by both parties to me. its another form of entertainment. why does it make gaming sound so negative everywhere.
Esmenet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Esmenet

[QUOTE="Esmenet"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

Ha, I didn't really mean to write it that way. I wasn't trying to say my boyfriend is like all men, or not like all men, just that he would rather do something with a human than with his ps3. I read, a lot, and sometimes I prefer reading to real life. Because I agree, you can get lost in video games and in reading. I guess I'm just confused, because my sexual life is so different than what you are describing. I can get lost in sex, and I use it as a way of escape more frequently than video games, because it's a phsycial satisfaction. And as far as there being no story, have you not heard of BDSM or role playing? You can turn your sex life into something akin to a video game. I guess it just depends on one's level of commitment. And please, don't think I'm stereotyping by saying this: most of the men that I know personally do not put as much commitment and effort into their sex lives as they do to the latest RPG or shooter. and there's nothing wrong with that. You should put effort where you want to, but with video games that effort is satisfying one person: you. Whereas with sex, your lack of effort is hurting someone. Unless of course your partner doesn't care either way either. And for me, sex isn't just over when it's "done", because there is an emotion level of sex that stays with you. I'm not talking about one night stands here, or hook ups, I'm talking about sex in a relationship. Even in an open relationship.

I agree with what you said though. However, in some relationships, you can "use the person" whenever you want, just like your console. :P And he doesn't really play video games as much as I do anyways, so sex is a better option for him most days.

That's true... I just can't agree with all the people here who are comparing women to video games. It just doesn't work that way.

You can compare sex to video games, but not women.

I agree. Wholeheartedly. Also, I do want to mention that I got did read the article, but responded to others about the sex thing. I know it isn't just about sex, so I agree with whoever mentioned the chick flick. (too lazy to go look, sorry!)

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

False! Your girlfriends are lame.

I'd ditch Modern Wardare 2 for my girl ANY day.

HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 HarDcore_RpG
Member since 2008 • 546 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilBorg"]I vote we all go get girlfriends and turn them all into gamers.Denji

I agree, i tried getting my gf into games and she got hooked on Zuma.. for one week... thats it. But seriously, when you have the choice between your woman and your ps3, you drop the damn controller and run.