Major Problems with 3.10

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

XMB has crashed hundreds of times.

XMB is also extremely slow.

Trophies do not load up correctly.

Store takes ages to initally load, and then nothing shows up.

With XMB this bad, my PS3 is practically unplayable on.

EDIT: Tryed MW2 online. Get to matchmaking then freezes everytime; invites and join sessions do not work. Pressing 'Quit Game' turns off system and vice versa.

Controller also turns off when ever I turn off a game.

Adziboy
Nothing happend to me!
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

EDIT: Tryed MW2 online. Get to matchmaking then freezes everytime; invites and join sessions do not work. Pressing 'Quit Game' turns off system and vice versa.

Adziboy
same thing with me, what is wrong with my PS3!
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#53 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

So far, so good here.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
[QUOTE="sportwarrior"][QUOTE="Lupivdaman"][QUOTE="Adziboy"] 60gb. The first one.

60gb wow I'm surprised your PS3 has survived this long, if others haven't experienced this then your console may be on the brink of getting the Yellow Light, I'm not sure, but I've experienced the Yellow Light (The worst thing a man could ever hope to see!)

You say that as if 60 gb PS3s are no longer around. Mine's an original 60gb. In fact I'd wager that at least 80-82% of the original 60gb PS3s are still out there and functioning well.

I still have a 60GB and as you can probably tell from my trophy card (which needs to update with my latest trophy MW2 Plat image) that I play a lot.
darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts

No problem with mine except the trophy thing to, think thats a server problem thing.

brownwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 brownwhale
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
After the update it seems things run faster than before and I have one of the release 60 gig systems.jimm895
Same here, it works fine. I cant help but feel your trolling because your installation probably didn't install right TC.
brownwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 brownwhale
After the update it seems things run faster than before and I have one of the release 60 gig systems.jimm895
Same here, it works fine. I cant help but feel your trolling because your installation probably didn't install right TC.
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

I also found a few, but relatively minor problems with the new firmware update. I have the 40GB version if it helps.

After I downloaded the update, I restarted the PS3, excited to see the new friends list and Facebook features. After about 5 minutes however, I began to hear my PS3's fan noise increase greatly. I took a glance, and saw it shaking viciously on the TV stand. Sharp objects began coming out of the blu-ray drive, and I assumed that the disk inside cracked and shattered. I was very wrong. Within the next 5 minutes, it began growing arms and legs, and the sharp objects were its teeth. I quickly plugged the PS3 out of the electrical outlet but it was too late. It seemed as if the PS3 managed to build its own electrical generator inside within those 5 minutes. My 6 year old brother tried hitting it with a hammer, but the PS3 became angry and swallowed him whole. In half an hour, the PS3 grew to the size of my two story home! The swat team was alerted and managed to take down the PS3, but not without heavy damage to my house and car. I have tried contacting Sony over this issue, but they haven't responded yet.

Is anybody else facing this issue? I have found that the weakness of the monster-like PS3 that transforms post-firmware 3.10 is the power switch behind it. If you manage to hit the switch after it transforms, it gets deactivated and crumbles down. That is how the Swat team managed to disable it. If you have a PS3 Slim and this has happened to you, I honestly hope you have a spare RPG hanging around, because I think the power switch is the only way to "kill" it.

Hopefully Sony fixes this in their next patch before anyone gets hurt. For now though, I wouldn't update if I were you.

brownwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 brownwhale
Now we know how to take them down, quickly, go online on all major forums and social sites and spread the word. Thank you, the swat team's actions and yours may save humanity untill 4.10
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dk00111
Your gratitude is most welcome, but I fear 4.10 will be too late. Sony needs to bring out a 3.11 that fixes this within the next week.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

No problems here.

It would be best if you provide some sort of information on your PS3:

Which model?

Did you upgrade HDD?

Refurbished PS3?

Intercooler, usb-powered fans, resting position of PS3?

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dk00111

Consider yourself lucky that you haven't had any problems.

Which model?

Gxgear

40GB

Did you upgrade HDD?

Gxgear

Well, I didn't. But if you consider a hard drive that has a spinning, circular saw that can cut through an armored SWAT truck in a matter of seconds an "upgrade", then yes.

Refurbished PS3?

Intercooler, usb-powered fans, resting position of PS3?

Gxgear

No. No. Horizontal.

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
Just finished updating, no problems here. But like others have said, the XMB is definitely faster.
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dk00111
That mouse pointer in your sig threw me off for a bit. =\ But maybe the improving in game XMB means that they're making the OS more efficient, meaning more RAM for cross game chat?
krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I updated to 3.10 a couple of hours ago and have experience none of the issues you mentioned.

Asim90

brownwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 brownwhale
Or the more efficient OS gives ram for more efficient ways to kill once transformed.
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
[QUOTE="jimm895"][QUOTE="Prinze"]

I'm having a minor issue with 3.10 as well. Both my dualshock controllers won't stay synced to my PS3, they just flash repeatedly. The batteries are fully charged on both, and I connected them via USB and they still won't stay synced after I remove the USB cable.

Also, I have tried to reset the controllers via the little pinhole on the back, and that did not help either. :(

I saw something a little while ago where someone turned his PS3 off via the PS button on the controller and restarted the system with the controllers PS button and strangely that fixed the problem.

I have the same problem. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work... does anyone else have any idea what to do?
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
[QUOTE="black_tempest"][QUOTE="jimm895"][QUOTE="Prinze"]

I'm having a minor issue with 3.10 as well. Both my dualshock controllers won't stay synced to my PS3, they just flash repeatedly. The batteries are fully charged on both, and I connected them via USB and they still won't stay synced after I remove the USB cable.

Also, I have tried to reset the controllers via the little pinhole on the back, and that did not help either. :(

I saw something a little while ago where someone turned his PS3 off via the PS button on the controller and restarted the system with the controllers PS button and strangely that fixed the problem.

I have the same problem. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work... does anyone else have any idea what to do?

Have you tried the reset on the controller (the tiny hole on the back that has a reset button that you need something small to reset). Sometimes this works when other things don't. Sure worth a try.
kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
[QUOTE="dk00111"]That mouse pointer in your sig threw me off for a bit. =\ But maybe the improving in game XMB means that they're making the OS more efficient, meaning more RAM for cross game chat?

I'm glad I was able to confuse someone. But yeah, hopefully they are making things more efficient in order to make room for cross game chat, or maybe even custom game music. Although really, it was kind of weird how the XMB ran slow when in a game anyway.
kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts
[QUOTE="dk00111"]

I also found a few, but relatively minor problems with the new firmware update. I have the 40GB version if it helps.

After I downloaded the update, I restarted the PS3, excited to see the new friends list and Facebook features. After about 5 minutes however, I began to hear my PS3's fan noise increase greatly. I took a glance, and saw it shaking viciously on the TV stand. Sharp objects began coming out of the blu-ray drive, and I assumed that the disk inside cracked and shattered. I was very wrong. Within the next 5 minutes, it began growing arms and legs, and the sharp objects were its teeth. I quickly plugged the PS3 out of the electrical outlet but it was too late. It seemed as if the PS3 managed to build its own electrical generator inside within those 5 minutes. My 6 year old brother tried hitting it with a hammer, but the PS3 became angry and swallowed him whole. In half an hour, the PS3 grew to the size of my two story home! The swat team was alerted and managed to take down the PS3, but not without heavy damage to my house and car. I have tried contacting Sony over this issue, but they haven't responded yet.

Is anybody else facing this issue? I have found that the weakness of the monster-like PS3 that transforms post-firmware 3.10 is the power switch behind it. If you manage to hit the switch after it transforms, it gets deactivated and crumbles down. That is how the Swat team managed to disable it. If you have a PS3 Slim and this has happened to you, I honestly hope you have a spare RPG hanging around, because I think the power switch is the only way to "kill" it.

Hopefully Sony fixes this in their next patch before anyone gets hurt. For now though, I wouldn't update if I were you.

post of the year nominee
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Works fine for me.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I haven't experienced this issues. The only thing is that sometimes the menu slows down but it doesn't freeze.
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

I also have problems with the trophy list. Not only that but it doesn't allow me to view my profile because it starts to update trohpy info and then an error occurs.

A friend of mine also had the same problem but after a day it went away.

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
[QUOTE="kayne2000"][QUOTE="dk00111"]

post of the year nominee

agreed.
Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

Strange. On the other side of the coin I installed the upgrade this morning and have noticed NO changes other than the way photos are displayed. I have 40g purchased new 2 or so years ago.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I've had some problems initially downloading it and with syncing trophies. Once I did both of them once it's worked perfectly.

Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

I will check my trophies to see if they are different.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

No problems for me. In fact, the time it takes to log into PSN have shortened and the XMB and all its functions seems to have been sped up a tad.

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

I can't connect my controller wirelessly since update, it works fine when plugged in via USB but when I unplug the USB it wont connect.

envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

Adziboy

I'll have to disagree with you since I updated my PS3 to 3.10 yesterday. After the update, I messed around on the XMB, PSN & Home for half an hour to an hour & didn't notice any lag or slow load times. I even DLed a demo from PSN which was 550MB & took less than 4 minutes which is extremely fast even for me. After messing around on the XMB, I played Resistance 2 for a few hours & got some trophies which I think should be there but haven't checked (Don't really care about trophies). You are probably one of the few who are experiencing some difficulties but maybe you are overexaggerating some of the things you are experiencing.

But, just to be sure, I'm gonna go pop in a game & play around & browse around PSN. If I do notice anything different, I'll post back. I highly doubt it......

Edit: I have a 60GB model with the YLOD recently fixed. Not sure if it applies to anything or means anything to anyone but maybe it might.

iDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 iDivine
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

downloaded this morning, examined and no problems for me. model bc80gb

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#82 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I have a problem - my trophies sort of get added to my trophy card, but the level doesn't increase. I'm stuck on level 12 1% :?

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
i have downloaded the update yesterday as well and did not have any problems until this morning, i have played mw2 both off- and online last night and turned off my system normally via the wireless controller... this morning (my timezone is gmt +2) before leaving for work, i wanted to start downloading the bf: bc 2 beta and turned the ps3 (120 gb slim) on via the controller, however after turning it on the controller did not sync and i had to use the usb cable as well, just as some other people reported... i have 2 sixaxis controllers, which came with my old system about 2 years ago, 2 black dualshock controllers, which i bought when they first came out, and one red and one blue controller, which i mainly use for fifa (1st player - red, 2nd player - blue :))... unfortunately none of them worked wirelessly and since i was in a rush not to be late for work, i didn't have the time to fiddle with them... i hope i will be able to get them work correctly later on today... apart from that i did not have any problems with trophies, xmb or facebook sync, which worked immediately and updated my facebook page with trophy information...
Avatar image for ChrisMoneyMaker
ChrisMoneyMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ChrisMoneyMaker
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts
everything is fine wit me no probelm juss a colorful friends list
Lupivdaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Lupivdaman
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts
[QUOTE="sportwarrior"][QUOTE="Lupivdaman"][QUOTE="Adziboy"] 60gb. The first one.

60gb wow I'm surprised your PS3 has survived this long, if others haven't experienced this then your console may be on the brink of getting the Yellow Light, I'm not sure, but I've experienced the Yellow Light (The worst thing a man could ever hope to see!)

You say that as if 60 gb PS3s are no longer around. Mine's an original 60gb. In fact I'd wager that at least 80-82% of the original 60gb PS3s are still out there and functioning well.

yeah I geuss I'm just sayin that cause my PS3 broke and you guys' didnt.
Lupivdaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Lupivdaman
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

I'm pretty sure that the Trophy syncing thing isnt the firmaware's fault but MW2's fault, It takes forever to sync up even one trophy and this problem only started to happen after I got MW2.

tlutz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tlutz12
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

after updating to 3.10 i was able to connect to PSN/MW2, BUT my headset no longer works! i tried un-pairing it, and then re-pairing it w/ my PS3 but it wouldn't pick up my voice (no its not muted) and i couldn't hear anyone through the earpiece.

my younger bro was unable to connect to PSN after installing the update. he tried restarting his router/modem several times but no dice.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
[QUOTE="tlutz12"]

after updating to 3.10 i was able to connect to PSN/MW2, BUT my headset no longer works! i tried un-pairing it, and then re-pairing it w/ my PS3 but it wouldn't pick up my voice (no its not muted) and i couldn't hear anyone through the earpiece.

my younger bro was unable to connect to PSN after installing the update. he tried restarting his router/modem several times but no dice.

Which headset do you have and as for the connection there could be something in the network settings that need to be changed. I had network problems that would come and go until I was finally able to change some settings in my IP's modems settings now everything works great all the time.
ironman822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ironman822
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
No problems for me with 3.10!
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dk00111
[QUOTE="SikKwuN"][QUOTE="kayne2000"][QUOTE="dk00111"]

post of the year nominee

agreed.

lol thanks! :)
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

The only thing I noticed is that my browser crashes all time time and freezes my Slim.

Oh but wait.. that happened before the update aswell. nvm :lol:

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

Sometimes it's taking longer to read bluray movies since the update and sometimes it won't read them at all until I take it out and put them back in. Anyone else experience this?

datflyboymo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 datflyboymo34
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts

yeah ive had problems syncing my trophies but other than that its a good update personal

Motownisback23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Motownisback23
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
No problems here..Have had ot for a few days and havent seen ne change. Kind of a stupid update..Wish they would add diffrent avatars, getting tired of the same 60 of them week after week
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

i have the fat 80gig that came with MGS4

and havent had any problems yet

but it does seem that the xmb icons do load a but slower

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 dk00111
Really? They seem to load faster for me...
jayball1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jayball1978
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

3.10 is garbage. Installed on my slim and now i have major bluetooth issues. Have to retrain the controller multiple times every time I power on (tried other controllers too, same thing). Have to retrain my bluetooth headset every time as well. Also experiencing the freezing t matchmaking screens for MW2. They better fix this BS soon.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I've had it installed for a couple of days now, and everything is working perfectly. I've played ACII, GoW Collection, and watched several Blu-rays.

60gb, by the way.