MAG to charge monthly fee

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

looks like it's just a matter of time. i knew it was too good to be true =/

MAG is one of Sony's newest big online shooters. With more then 200 players in a game, the servers are already packed. So a questionnaire went out to select players asking them about subscriptions fees for MAG. It looks like Sony is going to charge a fee to keep the game up and running and to add new features. German Eurogamer

what do you all think of this? maybe it will add a splitscreen mode? :D i think new maps and skins will be inevitable. this may actually be a really good thing!

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
Eurogamer is always a reliable source and I guess same goes for their different language pages. Seriously they use dedicated servers for up to 256. I bet those cost a hell lot of money. Face it guys you soon will have to pay for MAG :? I guess I go for BF:BC2 now :P
Wozmcfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Wozmcfc
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts

That's bad, they make you pay full price for a game and then tell you there is a monthly fee.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

WTF!!!!111!!! I pay £40 for a game then have to pay a monthly fee on top? I'm gonna go sell it now. This is totally out of order.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwarsjunky

That's bad, they make you pay full price for a game and then tell you there is a monthly fee.

Wozmcfc
if it's only 5-10 USD i'm all for it. especially if this helps balance it. (*Looks in the direction of S.V.E.R)
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
Just another reason why I don't want this game.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Yeah I saw this earlier as well it sucks. This is why i stick to battlefield.
NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

LOL! An online only game that costs $60 and is now going to charge a monthly fee to play it!! Im glad I got my fill of MAG in the first 2 weeks it was out. Its a good game, but not that good!! BFBC2 cant come soon enough!!

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ryrulez

LOL! An online only game that costs $60 and is now going to charge a monthly fee to play it!! Im glad I got my fill of MAG in the first 2 weeks it was out. Its a good game, but not that good!! BFBC2 cant come soon enough!!

NemeSyS-1
They're gonna drop the price of the game to $30 and then charge the subscription on top.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="NemeSyS-1"]

ryrulez
They're gonna drop the price of the game to $30 and then charge the subscription on top.

i hope so, but i doubt it. its prolly gonaa stay full price. what about the people who already bought it???
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

That's not right....... People have already paid 60 bucks for a online only with no extra stuff ie: headset. Like many have already said, Another reason I'm not getting the game.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

this really sucks , why didnt they tell that before release, guess nobody would buuy it then? if this is true i just bought a useless game because i wont p2p for sure

still hoping this is fake news

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
i was thinking about getting this game but this just made my mind up, i'm not getting it now
ctarczy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ctarczy2
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

yeah seriously whats the point of the initial price if that won't let you play the game unless you pay more. i was going to get this game when it got cheaper but it they add a subscription fee then its absolutely hell no

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

Just another reason why I don't want this game.LightR

Thank god it's given me another reason to miss this game.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#16 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Looks like Sony and Zipper are getting more greedy.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

What a fail. Usually when I'm on, there are only about 2000 players per fraction. Once they want money, this will surely drop to few 100s and thus making the wait to get into a game longer which results in more and more people leaving the game. It's like they actually want to fail >__> Maybe they should stop creating useless videos >__> I don't want to know how much they spent for those xD

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Dayyyum, that sucks... still, I haven't got it yet so...
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmnesiaHaze

What a fail. Usually when I'm on, there are only about 2000 players per fraction. Once they want money, this will surely drop to few 100s and thus making the wait to get into a game longer which results in more and more people leaving the game. It's like they actually want to fail >__> Maybe they should stop creating useless videos >__> I don't want to know how much they spent for those xD

ArchoNils2
but the biggest fail is that those people who wanted to support the game and paid full price at launch are now getting slapped in the face by sony , those which didnt can just pass on it now knowing it's paid , i would NEVER get any game i have to pay to play (maybe if the game was for free and cost only the fee but not like this). i think this was actually planned but sony didnt told us this on purpose because now the chance is higher that players which already want to continue will pay but wouldnt if they knew they have to pay for the game and then for fees if this confirms to be true im selling the game asap as long there is no fee
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ryrulez
[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

AmnesiaHaze
but the biggest fail is that those people who wanted to support the game and paid full price at launch are now getting slapped in the face by sony , those which didnt can just pass on it now knowing it's paid , i would NEVER get any game i have to pay to play (maybe if the game was for free and cost only the fee but not like this). i think this was actually planned but sony didnt told us this on purpose because now the chance is higher that players which already want to continue will pay but wouldnt if they knew they have to pay for the game and then for fees if this confirms to be true im selling the game asap as long there is no fee

lol I doubt they planned this to trick you into buying it full price. They probably didn't realise how expensive it would be to run.
darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

Oh no lol...this game is good but it not "I'm-going-to-be-addicted-to-it-for-two-years-like-WoW" good. Well if and once the fees come up, so long MAG...shame really.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uRan_Ehr
Well if there are more players than they expected I guess it's difficult to handle all those guys with a limited amount of servers. And server cost money :P
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 starwarsjunky
Well if there are more players than they expected I guess it's difficult to handle all those guys with a limited amount of servers. And server cost money :PuRan_Ehr
you would have thought they'd plan for this...FAIL!
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

looks like it's just a matter of time. i knew it was too good to be true =/

[QUOTE="German Eurogamer"] MAG is one of Sony's newest big online shooters. With more then 200 players in a game, the servers are already packed. So a questionnaire went out to select players asking them about subscriptions fees for MAG. It looks like Sony is going to charge a fee to keep the game up and running and to add new features. starwarsjunky

what do you all think of this? maybe it will add a splitscreen mode? :D i think new maps and skins will be inevitable. this may actually be a really good thing!

it wont happen buddy, thats all fake stuff here
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
The worst part is. They decided to do this after people had bought their copies, what a joke.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 starwarsjunky
The worst part is. They decided to do this after people had bought their copies, what a joke.Keir21
my bet is that zipper will be the next company to fold. after doing something like this, they deserve to
NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ryrulez

lol I doubt they planned this to trick you into buying it full price. They probably didn't realise how expensive it would be to run.

C'mon man! You really think that a mega billion $$$ company like Sony and one of their long time devs didnt take the time to run the numbers on what dedicated servers would cost? This is nothing more than a shaft job. Yeah sure they can come back a knock the game down to $29.99 and charge the player $5 a month to play, but what about everyone who bought it at launch? I dont have a hard time paying for play on games like WoW that have a huge, persistant world/community, but on a FPS with 10 maps and really only 2 good game modes..(Sabotage and Domination..... Acquisition sucks!!) not a chance!! Id rather play the hack fest known as MW 2 for free than a thin game like MAG and have to pay for it!

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
i love how people want something, and are unwilling to pay to get the xtra feature. Yea, it sucks to have to pay to play games, but some games cost more money to maintain then others. I will never play a game that makes u buy it and then pay to play. The game should be free if ur going to have to pay every month.
yodaddyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yodaddyninja
Member since 2009 • 769 Posts

They're charging a monthly fee for a mediocre shooter. What a joke.

PStringa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 PStringa
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
If they charge it will be instantly trading it in. Don't get me wrong I love this game but what! They cant ask people to pay full price for a new game (the same price as one with a single player campaign and what not by the way) without warning there could be a monthly fee to then just spring it on people!
90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

thanks for the info. i was going to pick the game up this weekend; however, i'll wait for more information about this before making a desicion....

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AmnesiaHaze
Well if there are more players than they expected I guess it's difficult to handle all those guys with a limited amount of servers. And server cost money :PuRan_Ehr
we paid for the game with money
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
So where's the part that says they're officially charging monthly fees? I'm guessing "questionnaire" is French for monthly fee?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AmnesiaHaze
i love how people want something, and are unwilling to pay to get the xtra feature. Yea, it sucks to have to pay to play games, but some games cost more money to maintain then others. I will never play a game that makes u buy it and then pay to play. The game should be free if ur going to have to pay every month.da_chub
i have no problem buying a map pack or even skins but paying each month is unacceptable
Yagnav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Yagnav
Member since 2004 • 6107 Posts

Source ?

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
I would absolutely refuse. This is horrible news.............I love this game.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

So where's the part that says they're officially charging monthly fees? I'm guessing "questionnaire" is French for monthly fee?emitsu97

Sadly, once again, this is just people jumping to conclusions.

Just because Sony is asking questions doesn't mean they're going to charge for MAG. Any of you ever heard of market research? Personally, I find it very hard to believe that Sony will all of a sudden drop a charge on players to play MAG after they bought the game. They would catch so much heat that they'd basically kill off the game.

Again, just because they're doing research doesn't mean they're going to charge to play MAG.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 uRan_Ehr

Source ?

Yagnav

German Eurogamer ... here ya go

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
ohh noeez
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

[QUOTE="Yagnav"]

Source ?

uRan_Ehr

German Eurogamer ... here ya go

That was a crappy link. Take us to the article.
AND: This is very poor business practice if this is true. People better get offered their money back. Someone should take action against this decision to stop this sort of thing from happening in the future.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Are you serious OP. this will never happen. ever.
uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 uRan_Ehr
Are you serious OP. this will never happen. ever. shabab12
What makes you think so? I mean you are supposed to pay for XBox Live too.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 starwarsjunky
Are you serious OP. this will never happen. ever. shabab12
never heard of an MMO? they do this sort of thing all the time
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#44 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Lol, I thought that they only charge money for good games! :lol:

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
It's really surprising the number of posters in this thread that don't know what a questionnaire is.
Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts

thank god i sold mine quick!

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

Lol, I spent nearly all of last night, researching and watching gameplay of MAG and came to the conclusion to buy. Way to lose a customer! I sure as hell aint buying it now!

They wont have problems with their servers when they release the charge. They just need more shelves in the pre-owned section of the game stores :P

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="metalicelvis"]

Lol, I spent nearly all of last night, researching and watching gameplay of MAG and came to the conclusion to buy. Way to lose a customer! I sure as hell aint buying it now!

They wont have problems with their servers when they release the charge. They just need more shelves in the pre-owned section of the game stores :P

mine will be on the shelve for sure if they charge lol
Sondi01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sondi01
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts
It's really surprising the number of posters in this thread that don't know what a questionnaire is.emitsu97
A questionnaire is a poll. And as far as the Eurogamer Quote goes, they haven't decided anything yet.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
[QUOTE="shabab12"]Are you serious OP. this will never happen. ever. starwarsjunky
never heard of an MMO? they do this sort of thing all the time

You will be stupid to think this will ever happen. We have just payed full price for the game, if they introduced a subscription, nobody would play it anymore. its a fact it will not happen.