This topic is locked from further discussion.

WallyBhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WallyBhoy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have a home wireless network that had 3 pc, a ps3 and a wii running at the same time. Everything was running fine until my sister bought a ps3 and started to run that off the same router as the other devices. What then happened was that games played on my ps3 started to lag which was not a problem before. My sisters games run fine(we both play cod4 and i am the only 1 with a problem). My ps3 will still lag even if is the only devices running at the time. Any advice would be great thanks.
CookieGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CookieGoat
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
You should check the routers settings
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
What kind of lag.... inconsistant from choking internet or consistant lag from international connections.
WallyBhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WallyBhoy
it is consistent. I play cod4 and the reception is usually fine but i can see the picture jumping. I will describe it as the picture freezing for less than a second and then fixing itself but it happens every time i turn my character and look in another direction. it is very annoying. I live in the uk.
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
if your having that kind of problem you need to check your router settings, you can hack it if your good to dedicate more for gaming, or buy a better one. im assuming your using the wireless to connect, because if it were wired there would be no problem. wireless can really only run one or two computers at a time, not near enough for gaming unless you have extreme n. it could also be your internet. especially if your on dsl. im on a medium grade broadband, i stream movies all the time while i play games, then i have 2 other compters in my house running off the wireless. no problems i allways have 3 bars at least. no lag. if its a big issue for you, pick up a gaming router.
WallyBhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WallyBhoy

i have a ****** N1 range of router that i why it is annoying me so much

DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts

Bars are not an indicator of your connection speed, but rather your ping.

And the lag described by the topic creator seems to be more system based. Try call of duty of your sisters ps3 with the same disc cause your screen should not be locking up.

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
ohman, its the router, ****** have by far the worst routers on the market, pick up a dlink, it will be worth it.
chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 chimera1984
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
ive got a netgear router, and i run a wii and ps3 at the same time (my 360 is never used any more) and i used to experience a similar problem, plopped the ps3 into a dmz and then problem solved. Can play mario kart and CoD4 at the same time no problemo.
WallyBhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WallyBhoy
is a dmz not bad for security though?
moiznoleet123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 moiznoleet123
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

make sure no 1 is on the internet on computer or phone or aything like that and they arent using limewire or similar also no 1 is using online on your wii

so turn your computer off before playing

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
either get a gaming router, or an optimizer for your connection. Either way will prioritize the data going in and out allowing time sensitive data to get transferred first.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
You need to tweek the router or get a newer router. My Netgear wireless G router was optimal (even though we pretty much were using it beyond recommend capacity) untill my roommate got him self a new laptop. Now my router drops us minimum 2 times a day do to "DNS" (I call shenanigans) even the few devices that have a dedicated DNS. Now my Wireless G runs; 3 laptops, 1 desktop, and 2 PS3's all through the wireless output and 2 360's through the Lan ports. I gotta upgrade.
Jacob793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jacob793
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I have the exact same problem now my brother has got ps3, did you happen to fix this ever whallybhoy? or does any1 else know the answer?
g3toutj00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 g3toutj00
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts
man i got 2 pc and a wii along with my ps3 all connected to my cheapo dynex router and never have any lag w00t
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
see if your router has some type of dynamic port forwarding.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
After the 3.0 update my wifi connection is solid but the lag that all of us incounter is from the servers. Reason I say all of us is because we all experience strange things in games that is caused by some kind of lag.
Jacob793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacob793
Ive tried it with wireless and wired conenction now I had it running fine with my borthers ps3 but that changed when i had to format my ps3 due to turning it off while it was acsessing the HD :(
CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts
What kind of lag.... inconsistant from choking internet or consistant lag from international connections.DopeyDavoid
there's no such thing as international connections lag. I play Resistance in CA on servers from Asia plethora of times & no lag. What it really is, is bad server connections. Not really others in your game but the servers.
bigbadchad006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bigbadchad006
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey All

My Playstation 3 is lagging and I am not even online, I have the internet disabled so could it be a problem with the system? or perhaps my Television, I have it on 1080 but I don't think that should be the problem, I tried formatting like 3 times and the most recent time i did it I did not even set up the internet connection so I am not using the internet and it still is lagging occasionally? can anyone help me out? Thank you

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I use wireless and have multiple computers using it at the same time while I use my PS3. I don't know what your problem is, because the guy at Comcast did everything for me :P
Jacob793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jacob793

Hey All

My Playstation 3 is lagging and I am not even online, I have the internet disabled so could it be a problem with the system? or perhaps my Television, I have it on 1080 but I don't think that should be the problem, I tried formatting like 3 times and the most recent time i did it I did not even set up the internet connection so I am not using the internet and it still is lagging occasionally? can anyone help me out? Thank you

bigbadchad006
This is happening on mine too, espesially on MW2 when there is alot going on at once is starts to act jumpy
anguavimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anguavimes
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I've just changed from talk talk to bt and ever since my PS3 and Xbox are lagging They're both set up wirelessly and there was never any problem with the old router regarding lagging. Does any one have any ideas on how i can rectify this
flamestar323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 flamestar323
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
has anyone ever try lowering they're graphics? higher graphics tend to lag more...
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#25 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts
either you are playing black ops (no fixes for that lag) or you are on wireless and your ps3 is to far from your modem. try going on the ps3 internet and delete the cookies, in the main ps3 screen disable all the automatic things like friend notifications and message notificatons.
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

This topic is from 2008 folks....

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

few things,

1 - disable media server

2 - set a static ip address

3 - get new modem and router

4 - upgrade your connection

i have a linksys e1000 with up to 25 mbps speed, not sure on ping, router and ps3 are 40 ft away from each other wirelessly, signal strength no less than 97%, if you have an older ( fat ) ps3 that may also be the problem, my old ones wifi died out after 13 months but my slim is still strong after 2 years

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

also do port forwarding, search google for the numbers and tcp/ip