Jack Black's Brutal Legend - Follow up to Psychonauts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

Double Fine productions, the same company that produced Psychonauts is the company producing Jack Black's new game Brutal Legend.

At first hearing about Brutal Legend I just thought it was a money grab by Black (and it very well still could be) but if it's being done by the same makers as Psychonauts I have to say I'm a little excited for this game.

Whatd oes everyone else think? Has anyone hear anything new about it?

FlemmingM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FlemmingM
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts
Knowing Schafer it will probaly be a masterpiece.... that no one buys... damn you all!! Stop with all the madden, NFS and other stuff and buy Schafers games... they're brilliant!
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Jack Black just does the voice for the main character, so it's not really "Jack Black's Brutal Legend", it's Tim Schafer's Brutal Legend. And yes, Tim Schafer was the genuis behind Psychonauts, (and many other awesome older PC titles), so you can expect that Brutal Legend will kick much ass.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I've been waiting so long for this game. Tim Schafer is one of the icons in the gaming industry, and his games like Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Psychonauts, etc, have all struck a chord with me as a gamer. He knows how to make intelligent, hilarious, and just overall fantastic games. Brutal Legend won't be a "follow up" to Psychonauts, but it'll carry the same Tim Schafer trademark, which is something every gamer should want to experience.
HardcoreBunni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 HardcoreBunni
Member since 2008 • 643 Posts
I've been waiting so long for this game. Tim Schafer is one of the icons in the gaming industry, and his games like Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Psychonauts, etc, have all struck a chord with me as a gamer. He knows how to make intelligent, hilarious, and just overall fantastic games. Brutal Legend won't be a "follow up" to Psychonauts, but it'll carry the same Tim Schafer trademark, which is something every gamer should want to experience.BioShockOwnz
Exactly. I heard Lemmy from Motorhead and the lead singer from Divo are going to be in the game. It's gonna be awesome because Tim Schafer never dissapoints, only in sales :S
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Should be great. Psychonauts and Grim Fandango are amazing games, and I don't expect anything less out of this.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]I've been waiting so long for this game. Tim Schafer is one of the icons in the gaming industry, and his games like Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Psychonauts, etc, have all struck a chord with me as a gamer. He knows how to make intelligent, hilarious, and just overall fantastic games. Brutal Legend won't be a "follow up" to Psychonauts, but it'll carry the same Tim Schafer trademark, which is something every gamer should want to experience.HardcoreBunni
Exactly. I heard Lemmy from Motorhead and the lead singer from Divo are going to be in the game. It's gonna be awesome because Tim Schafer never dissapoints, only in sales :S

Yup, Lemmy Kilmister and Ronnie James Dio are both in it, among other metal legends. Shall kick tons, and I means tons, of ***.