IT will be years before PS4 comes out How long will U wait??

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

Its only been4years since PS3 launched (come November) PS2 lasted from 2000 to 2007 selling the most each year (though a year or two it may have sold less??) and still sells good every place around the world. As the price of PS3 drops it will sell better.

• Sony has spent Billions on PS3 no hurry to spend Billions on launching PS4
  • PS2 still selling well lasted many years
  • Developers in no hurry to start again making tools, game engine for new console
  • It cost a lot of money to develop games now, but the price is coming down
  • Next generation graphics will not blow this generation out of the water.
  • People have spent money on controllers, HDD, blue tooth headset.... not ready to invest in new console.
  • Move and 3D are helping this generation last longer
  • last generation is not the same as this generation
  • The longer we wait for next generation the better the console will be.

Sony has spet over 3 Billion on launching PS3

1. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fnews%2F6160667.html&ei=Wmd0TMrBBo_0swPr682fBg&usg=AFQjCNFJUPlGfvBKQoIKAyH3Fr4GrBkEOg
  2. http://kotaku.com/5018899/sony-lost-over-3-billion-to-ps3-cost-pricing-imbalance
  3. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CCoQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamesindustry.biz%2Farticles%2Fps3-pricing-caused-3-billion-loss-for-sony&rct=j&q=Sony%20over%203%20billion&ei=imd0TOi_L5HCsAP5zvznBQ&usg=AFQjCNFi2NIW3KPKDYYli77xdkxE1JrJTg

I do not think Sony is in a hurry to launch a new Playstation console any time soon. 2013 at the EARLIEST.

The graphics for PS3 look great, Move will also help PS3 sales and games, not to mention 3D which will pick up steam slowly as more smaller 3D tvs and monitors becomeavilible for cheap. NEXT Generation graphics will not increase 5fold better even if they are better as Xbox is to Xbox 360. I continue to play Xbox games and they do not look so outdated compared to Xbox 360 or PS3.

PS3 will be cheaper for developers to work with as new tools, engines... push PS3 to do all it can do, thus the creative process will be fully realized, and the engines, tools will be less expensive. Launch a new console and all this starts over, new tools, new engines, takesTIME and MONEY. The Xbox 360 was EASY to develop for yet it still took year to push the conole to do what it can do now, same with PS3 which is harder to develop for. Developers and Publishers will make more profit from these games becaue the cost will be lower.

People have already invested 300 dollars in the console, and bought controllers, games, ps eye.... many people are not in a hurry to buy new items for a new console. As more people buy PS3 more games will become on the greatest hit list faster. Games may drop in price from $60 to $50 as prices come down to mae games, and games are made faster.

Last generation PS2 was good and Xbox was more powerful, though PS2 God of war showed that PS2 could pump out the graphics. They better looing games look good to this day, and are not blown out by the average game on PS3. Each year games get better as develoeprs find ways to make better use of the cell's SPEs, and interaction between cell and GPU.

If PS4 comes out in 2011/2012 the differences will not be great between PS3 end of life games and new PS4 games. If Sony waits longer the console will be better for it as chips continully get better.

I could go on and on reason by reason why Sony will not launch before 2014 but each year I will post here saying another year with PS3

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

I don't think graphics will change much when ps4 comes out... Maybe just add 3d (which the ps3 has as well) a requiment if it sells well

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

I don't think graphics will change much when ps4 comes out... Maybe just add 3d (which the ps3 has as well) a requiment if it sells well

shadow13702
Hope they improve the concept of 1080p with 60fps and full 3D support.... Would be pretty nice for all of this to be included which it should since the Cell is really old now... like over 9 years old.(design point of view).
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

ya everything you say is true. i sure hope it lasts for another few years, maybe even a decade or more, im still having trouble catching up with this gen...

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#5 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

what matters is the overall techs of the new system, but i don't think the ps4 will come out anytime soon, i mean, i've had the ps3 for 2 years and it's still as good as new to me.

ps3 has more power than any current-gen system at the moment and i don't think it's been reached to its full potential yet. on top of that, motion controls are really paying off now with all this hype for them "Move/Kincet" whatever you like/hate. it's giving the systems more longevity time.

bbman10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bbman10x
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
im looking foward to it
juan530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juan530
Member since 2007 • 493 Posts

i agree to what your saying but i do think that graphics can improve. better textures, more tesselation, anti aliasing. maybe not a big graphic change as in better looking but definitely in detail. here is an example between dx10 and dx11 on pc side by side notice that the detail is better in directx11 the rocks,shingles stick out more and have shape make sure to watch in HDhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiS6kzXQchk&feature=search

caiadas25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 caiadas25
Member since 2009 • 431 Posts
At this pointm, the vast majority of games are in 720p. I think it will be in the PS4 generation that we will start to see 1080p become completly standart in console gaming. I think that will be the big difference between PS3 and PS4
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i'll im gonna say is i expect semi realism next gen. this gen was a good bump up, but the ps4/xbox720? should look close to cg graphics as its starting to get close this gen in some games (i realize those of you who pause games and count pixels will disagree)

bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

I heard that they want the ps3 to last 2018...which is fine by me...Wii2 and X720 are nearing the horizon, but the ps3 lives on...if this truly happens I think Sony actually will set themselves up better than the other competitors due to the longetivity of each console...didn't the ps1 last like 8 years before it officially died? Ps2 is still truckin on, and the ps3 could last up to lower teen years too...And imho that would help because they reduce the costs of developing..as stated above and graphically the ps3 is near tops and looks like it could still compete and haven't reached its peak potential yet.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Sony can't choose when the PS4 comes out thats M$ or Nintendos job

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#12 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
These consoles need to last for a few more years, gaming is at it's best right now. A lot of great games are getting ready to come out, and the price drops on them make it even better.
IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
Member since 2009 • 723 Posts

the only reason why it will take time for a PS4 is because:

a. 2009 was in deep recession

b. forecast for 2011 is another deeper recession

Just these two factors slowed the economy, including videogames, that people don't splurge as much as they usually do.

illden22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 illden22
Member since 2005 • 117 Posts

I just got my ps3 last month, theres no way im gonna pay for a full price ps4 if it comes out anytime sooner.

Gezo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gezo24
Member since 2009 • 228 Posts

I hope not, Im enjoying my PS3 just fine thank you.

Gezo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gezo24
Member since 2009 • 228 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravenlore_basic"]

Its only been4years since PS3 launched (come November) PS2 lasted from 2000 to 2007 selling the most each year (though a year or two it may have sold less??) and still sells good every place around the world. As the price of PS3 drops it will sell better.

• Sony has spent Billions on PS3 no hurry to spend Billions on launching PS4
  • PS2 still selling well lasted many years
  • Developers in no hurry to start again making tools, game engine for new console
  • It cost a lot of money to develop games now, but the price is coming down
  • Next generation graphics will not blow this generation out of the water.
  • People have spent money on controllers, HDD, blue tooth headset.... not ready to invest in new console.
  • Move and 3D are helping this generation last longer
  • last generation is not the same as this generation
  • The longer we wait for next generation the better the console will be.

Sony has spet over 3 Billion on launching PS3

1. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fnews%2F6160667.html&ei=Wmd0TMrBBo_0swPr682fBg&usg=AFQjCNFJUPlGfvBKQoIKAyH3Fr4GrBkEOg
  2. http://kotaku.com/5018899/sony-lost-over-3-billion-to-ps3-cost-pricing-imbalance
  3. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CCoQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamesindustry.biz%2Farticles%2Fps3-pricing-caused-3-billion-loss-for-sony&rct=j&q=Sony%20over%203%20billion&ei=imd0TOi_L5HCsAP5zvznBQ&usg=AFQjCNFi2NIW3KPKDYYli77xdkxE1JrJTg

I do not think Sony is in a hurry to launch a new Playstation console any time soon. 2013 at the EARLIEST.

The graphics for PS3 look great, Move will also help PS3 sales and games, not to mention 3D which will pick up steam slowly as more smaller 3D tvs and monitors becomeavilible for cheap. NEXT Generation graphics will not increase 5fold better even if they are better as Xbox is to Xbox 360. I continue to play Xbox games and they do not look so outdated compared to Xbox 360 or PS3.

PS3 will be cheaper for developers to work with as new tools, engines... push PS3 to do all it can do, thus the creative process will be fully realized, and the engines, tools will be less expensive. Launch a new console and all this starts over, new tools, new engines, takesTIME and MONEY. The Xbox 360 was EASY to develop for yet it still took year to push the conole to do what it can do now, same with PS3 which is harder to develop for. Developers and Publishers will make more profit from these games becaue the cost will be lower.

People have already invested 300 dollars in the console, and bought controllers, games, ps eye.... many people are not in a hurry to buy new items for a new console. As more people buy PS3 more games will become on the greatest hit list faster. Games may drop in price from $60 to $50 as prices come down to mae games, and games are made faster.

Last generation PS2 was good and Xbox was more powerful, though PS2 God of war showed that PS2 could pump out the graphics. They better looing games look good to this day, and are not blown out by the average game on PS3. Each year games get better as develoeprs find ways to make better use of the cell's SPEs, and interaction between cell and GPU.

If PS4 comes out in 2011/2012 the differences will not be great between PS3 end of life games and new PS4 games. If Sony waits longer the console will be better for it as chips continully get better.

I could go on and on reason by reason why Sony will not launch before 2014 but each year I will post here saying another year with PS3

colt1831

Cool Story Bro 8)

I got violation warning for saying that xD so.. BEWARE

WillPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WillPunisher
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Like everyone else I am very happy with my PS3. And I got the old model when it came out for $550. Sure i'm mad i should had waited at least 6 more months and paid $400 or now that is $300 but no, i wanted right there and than to play the new GTA game. Which i have not played more than an hour of it yet. I am happy however that i was able to buy Marvel vs Capcom 2 while they still had the game on the PS Store. Loved that game but there was no way i would pay more than $60 on it on ebay. In another 5 or 7 years if they release PS4 i'll make sure i dont buy it when it first comes out and pay crazy money.
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ravenlore_basic

i agree to what your saying but i do think that graphics can improve. better textures, more tesselation, anti aliasing. maybe not a big graphic change as in better looking but definitely in detail. here is an example between dx10 and dx11 on pc side by side notice that the detail is better in directx11 the rocks,shingles stick out more and have shape make sure to watch in HDhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiS6kzXQchk&feature=search

juan530

This was one of my points... The differences between the two ARE noticable, but not new console worth it. If games come out for console Next gen like that and PS3 I do not see people rushing out to pay for Next gen. Unlike PS2 PS3 when developers rushed to next gen and did not make every game PS3/PS2 will change I think all games will be PS4/PS3 and if the differences are that different then NO. BUT if it is a several years more and DirectX 13 is out then yes the differences will be a lot bigger. Then it would be worth it.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
Good. /thread
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
First the ps2 lasted 10 years not 7, and ps4 wont be aroynd until 2016 or 2018 because sony said the ps3 will last 10 years, and the graphics will jump to a higher level because 10 years equals better graphics and maybe it will have playable ps3 games (BC), and it will run games at 60 fps and have better cell and better gpu.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

graphics have a lot of improvment for next gen... the ps3 has a 7900gtish card with 512mb shared ram..... thats like a 50 dollar video card nowadays

there has already been about 5 generations of video cards released since the ps3 came out so a ps4 with the same cell/faster one with a current video card will make a huge difference
ie we can expect the average game to look like crysis if not better...assuming the devs put the time into it

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
There's nothing stopping Sony from bringing out the PS4 within a year and having the PS3 sell along side it, just like how it is with the PS2 and PS3.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
First the ps2 lasted 10 years not 7, and ps4 wont be aroynd until 2016 or 2018 because sony said the ps3 will last 10 years, and the graphics will jump to a higher level because 10 years equals better graphics and maybe it will have playable ps3 games (BC), and it will run games at 60 fps and have better cell and better gpu.johny300
The PS4 will be around long before 2018, when Sony said the PS3 wasa 10 year console they only meant they'll support it for 10 years, what will happen is they'll be supporting both the PS3 and PS4 within a few years after finally saying goodbye to the PS2.
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ravenlore_basic

There's nothing stopping Sony from bringing out the PS4 within a year and having the PS3 sell along side it, just like how it is with the PS2 and PS3.MushroomWig

Here is the problems with that. Sony is not going to dramaticly drop the price on PS3. And PS4 will not cost $500.00 like PS3 did. SO when PS3 drops down to $149.00 then PS3 can launch at $299 -$399 at most. The difference in price will be accepable, meaning who wold buy a PS3 at $249 when a PS4 is $299 - $399. I do not see Sony droping the price of PS3 very fast as they would lose money on it agian.

They lost over 3 Billion--> "Pricing the PlayStation 3 below its production cost caused Sony to lose $2.16 billion in 2007, and $1.16 billion in 2008,..."http://kotaku.com/5018899/sony-lost-over-3-billion-to-ps3-cost-pricing-imbalance Sony will not want to do that again and in addition LOSE BILLIONS on lowering the price of PS3 so it loses money again.

Yea they could use off the shelf parts, the differences is not THAT dramaticly great look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9TyOVSw84&feature=fvw and other comparisons with DirectX 9 or 10 to Direct X 11, youtube comparing. There is a noticable difference but it is not great.

SO the thing STOPPING PS3 from coming out with PS4 is the LOST OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
[QUOTE="johny300"]First the ps2 lasted 10 years not 7, and ps4 wont be aroynd until 2016 or 2018 because sony said the ps3 will last 10 years, and the graphics will jump to a higher level because 10 years equals better graphics and maybe it will have playable ps3 games (BC), and it will run games at 60 fps and have better cell and better gpu.MushroomWig
The PS4 will be around long before 2018, when Sony said the PS3 wasa 10 year console they only meant they'll support it for 10 years, what will happen is they'll be supporting both the PS3 and PS4 within a few years after finally saying goodbye to the PS2.

this i mean, in a way you can say sony is still supporting the PS2. They are still making it right? And i was impressed the other day when i saw the latest Smackdown vs Raw is gonna be out on the PS2 :P
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#27 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

There is room for argument...but not alot!!!! lol Most of what you said is pretty accurate....the firmware updates will give the PS3 a "LITTLE" extended life-span.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#28 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="johny300"]First the ps2 lasted 10 years not 7, and ps4 wont be aroynd until 2016 or 2018 because sony said the ps3 will last 10 years, and the graphics will jump to a higher level because 10 years equals better graphics and maybe it will have playable ps3 games (BC), and it will run games at 60 fps and have better cell and better gpu.Kane04

this i mean, in a way you can say sony is still supporting the PS2. They are still making it right? And i was impressed the other day when i saw the latest Smackdown vs Raw is gonna be out on the PS2 :P

Agreed....sony has a predictable but good pattern.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

At this pointm, the vast majority of games are in 720p. I think it will be in the PS4 generation that we will start to see 1080p become completly standart in console gaming. I think that will be the big difference between PS3 and PS4caiadas25

thats completely wrong. the ps3 itself can produce 1080p if they want it developers decide to or not, it will come standard way before then. and i'm guessing by the time ps4 is about 1080p wont be the main tv output, there be a better one. 3d tv's are just hitting the market now, so some where they be people designing brand new tv's.

pc graphics to date r amazing they were passed both 360 and ps3 by the time them to came out, but i dont believe its that advanced for a new console to come out. i give it another couple of years before we here rumours of a new sony console to come out. i believe will have the ps4 out by 2015. 60fps as well dont you think that will be able to make that better in that time, is tht as far as it can go?

the problem with me is, im just waiting for a virtual reality, and a hollodeck star trek style (mind my spelling school was years ago).

plus ps3 hasnt hit that top notch yet many developers are still learning how to get the best out of the console, look at how ps2 finished when the ps3 hit, all the top games had hit the wall of not being to get any better graphics. (yes i know ps2 are still going but the graphics arent getting better it hit that mark when san andreas came out)and gran turismo. and just look at the different between a ps2 game and a ps3 game, thats the gap we have to look at for when graphics go far beyond wot it can do.

Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ravenlore_basic

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="johny300"]First the ps2 lasted 10 years not 7, and ps4 wont be aroynd until 2016 or 2018 because sony said the ps3 will last 10 years, and the graphics will jump to a higher level because 10 years equals better graphics and maybe it will have playable ps3 games (BC), and it will run games at 60 fps and have better cell and better gpu.Kane04

if the difference is not great and Sony is NOT going to spend BILLIONS AGAIN on next gen, then there is no point to come out with next gen.- - -> WHY

Because Sony will NOT drop the price on PS3 so it loses money on each console made and Sony would lose Billions again on maing consoles.

ITs not a good situation. The BEST senerio is for PS3 to sell well over the next few years as Sony SLOWLY drops the price but still makes a profit from PS3 and then when Sales drop come out with a Fully Realized PS4 that Sony does not lose much money on, that is easily more powerful and people have a reason to move to it.

A new console that

1. increases Physics so environment takes permanite damage, able to have fully destructable environments
  2. AI that is very much advanced than todays low intelengent AI
  3. 1080P 60FPS 3D Move enabled split screen
  4. Next gen 16X Full screenAA all the next gen shader, norm mappin...
  5. 2-4GB ram

When Sony can do that for $399.00 and not lose more than $20.00 dollars making it then PS4 will be ready. I think around 2015 -2018

grungeman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 grungeman91
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts
I really hope the PS4 dosen't come out for at least another 6 or 7 years, Cause these consoles are a very expensive investment. (at least for me)
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ravenlore_basic

I really hope the PS4 dosen't come out for at least another 6 or 7 years, Cause these consoles are a very expensive investment. (at least for me)grungeman91
:)

I would not worry about it, even if the third Xbox comes out ;) Sony will hold fast to PS3,8) and make it less expensive to build and lower prices when they feel they need to. There will be plenty of games as the installed base will not disapear, but grow bigger as the price falls and more GREAT games come out. IT takes a few years for a good game to be made and there are already soo many.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

how is this a bad thing

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts
There's no need for Sony to bring out PS4 anytime soon... PS3 is starting to take off now.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Pfft, the only way I'm able to play my PS3 games is on my PS4 with backwards compatability. I don't even use a controller, my mind does all the movements for me.
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I want PS4 to come out in another 3 years.

MikeGLongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MikeGLongo
Member since 2010 • 56 Posts
I just got my playstation 3 (thank you xbox 360 for breaking on me and having an excuse to actually finally get one!!) so I hope there isn;t a ps4 anytime soon. Especially with the playstation move coming out, we should have to wait for the ps4 anyway because nothing the Move has surprises me yet, so I'm sure games will be coming for the Move that will hold the idea of making ps4 not anytime soon.
kosmosfreak2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kosmosfreak2
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts

Nintendos in a pinch. Just about everyone has a wii that will buy one at this point. A lot of those consols are just sitting around gathering dust as well because there are very few actual games worth buying for the wii. There are some but so very few.

The end of the line for the nintendo wii is really close I think. A little time after the wii falls out I think were going to see a fallout of the 360. Not because its a bad consol but Minus the difficulty in programming for the ps3 theres a lot more freedom. The kinect is a pain in the ass to program for but the move is VERY easy. And the disk size of hddvds is only so large and that has been a problem for a few games.

The weakness of sony was that its consol was way too techy for its time and cost way more than most people expected to pay.

However the strength of the consol is that as the cost for the techy features goes down and the ps3 becomes more affordable it starts to REALLY stand out against its aging competitors.

Its kind of like spending 400 dollars for a pc that has 2 gigs of ram and a dual core processor. Its cheap it works and its pretty good for its time but 3 years later its going to be a paper weight.

But if you spent 800 bucks for 4 gigs of ram a high end graphics card and a quad core processor. 3 years later your still able to play even the top end games at the highest settings when they come out.

The xbox is like the 400 pc. Its great and its cheap and its well worth it for the fun factor. But as it ages you really start to notice.

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
The PS2 is still alive, watchutalin'bout Willis? it didnt die in 2007
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ravenlore_basic

The PS2 is still alive, watchutalin'bout Willis? it didnt die in 2007J-WOW

PS2 outsold the other consoles with a few dips between 2000 - 20007 it did not die and sales well to this very day. But in 2007/8 it was outsold by the Wii.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

graphics have a lot of improvment for next gen... the ps3 has a 7900gtish card with 512mb shared ram..... thats like a 50 dollar video card nowadays

there has already been about 5 generations of video cards released since the ps3 came out so a ps4 with the same cell/faster one with a current video card will make a huge difference
ie we can expect the average game to look like crysis if not better...assuming the devs put the time into it

xxgunslingerxx

Consoles are not exactly about the big numbers in spec. Yes it have 512mb RAM but that's because consoles works in a different way than PC. On a PC you have a massive Operating system like Windows 7 which requires like 3GB of RAM just for it to work. That's one of the reasons PC games will always require more RAM. Yes some of them look better with brighter textures but that's not something drastically to say console games suck like some PC gamers use to say. The difference is not like the PS1 and N64 era that was filled with Block y like lego characters and characters like Cloud from Final Fantasy VII that had polygonal hands that looked more like a horse leg.

grungeman91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 grungeman91
Member since 2008 • 617 Posts

[QUOTE="grungeman91"]I really hope the PS4 dosen't come out for at least another 6 or 7 years, Cause these consoles are a very expensive investment. (at least for me)Ravenlore_basic

:)

I would not worry about it, even if the third Xbox comes out ;) Sony will hold fast to PS3,8) and make it less expensive to build and lower prices when they feel they need to. There will be plenty of games as the installed base will not disapear, but grow bigger as the price falls and more GREAT games come out. IT takes a few years for a good game to be made and there are already soo many.

Just seen the line-up for the PS3 next year and I gotta say that the 360 will have some tough competition and I'm glad to have invested in it. :)
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

New consoles will come out 2012 im 100% sure about this. Dont know if it will be SONY? BUT they will start coming out Nov 2012.

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

New consoles will come out 2012 im 100% sure about this. Dont know if it will be SONY? BUT they will start coming out Nov 2012.

VanDammFan

Due to the pricing right now I don't expecta new PSuntil 2013 at the earliest for Sony as they do need to recoup some of that money lossedbefore introducing a new model. Now if their main competitor pushes the envelope than Sony might be forced to get into it a year ealier but right now I'm thinking they still 3 more good years for the PS3 with it's current technical specs.

deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts

At the earliest 2015, due to not enough money being made and the development costs for the games, anyone thinking is 2012 is nuts, you would have heard a rumor or two by now, the PS3 is just picking up steam this year expect a PS4 launch in 2016 and xbox in 2015, Wii HD around 2013.

Avatar image for MysteriousNacht
MysteriousNacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MysteriousNacht
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
The PS4 will be out in another 5 years or so I think.
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ravenlore_basic

This Gen looks great. Xbox could have sold for several more years as PS2 sold great for 2 more years which means it sold high numbers for 8 stright years, before it declined. Games developers have stated that they left PS2 too early.

Game developers will not make the same mistake this generation. They will have the Game engines, and tools to make great games instead of starting over with new tools trying to figure out the new consoles.

I think Sony realize this and will not try to compete with Microsoft to be first out the gate. Sony mistakes and difficulties were

1. Sony was battling HD-DVD to become the standard and it needed PS3 out there for the numbers to defeat HD-DVD
  2. Huge problems with every aspect of PS3 made it too expensive
    • Cell chips low yield
    • Bluray lazer lense problems
    • Heat, and cooling solution
  3. The Tools were late so developers did not have them to make good games lie Microsoft XNA.
  4. Developers were not given enough time with the SDK to make games from the begining that utilized the Cell greatly

I think not many people will rush to next gen like the previous gens before.

Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nauron-
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

the PS3 already "only does everything", and TBH, so does the 360 in terms of what the average gamer (and most hardcore gamers) wants, thats why I dont think the next gen of consoles will only improve graphics, or speed. It has to be something drastic, something huge, and it certainly wont be before 2015 (IMO)

so, unless the next gen of consoles is THIS, i aint buying

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I dont want a PS4 to come out any time soon, But when it comes out ill wait a year or 2, so i can see the failure rates (YLOD) and a decent amount of games to come out.
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I bought PS3 early which was a mistake as I sold my off PS2 at this point. Unfortunately they released lots of cool games for PS2 after this.

So most likely I will wait a while.

I don't want the Ps4 to come out anytime soon though. Maybe 2020?