This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

Is it just the PS3 version of black ops thats incredibly unstable?

Look how many topics are on here about it

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewforum.php?f=72THOUSANDS of topics and not a fix. Who the hell are the 600,000 + that are always playing this game ? They're lucky they get to play. I keep getting a message that I'm signed out of psn, even though I'm not

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=408794&st=0&sk=t&sd=a( A TOPIC I MADE ABOUT AN ERROR I GET )

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
My copy is super stable...sitting in it's case. :lol: I haven't played in quite a while so I haven't had the misfortune of experiencing any of this.
rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

I've never had a problem finding a match or staying online. Sometimes it takes an additional 30 - 45 seconds to get things rolling but never any real problems.

mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

The game is buggy. From time to time I get that message and the weird thing is that game says that it lost connection to psn but ps3 doesn't display it so you still can see all your friends but you can't send messages, play online... You can check if you are really signed in by sending massage to a friend and wait for a reply or try to sinc trophies with a server. If the you get a reply or sinc is complete then it's ok, if not, Only thing you can do is sign out and sign in again.

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#5 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

id say a good 70% of the people with problems with black ops just have bad connections or the connection just isnt configured properly. now for games like mw2 the game is able to deal with the bad connections and settings but for black ops the network team seem to be clueless and the game does seem to work when configured right on your end it still shouldnt be the way it works it should work like mw2 did.

now black ops does have its fair share of other problems main 1 being hit detection which is dire but we will just have to wait for treyarc to learn how to program games and we may get that fixed.

Steyrvolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Steyrvolt
Member since 2009 • 1762 Posts

I've had no problems with Black Ops online other than my system freezing from time to time. It's happened maybe three or four times in 15-20 hours of playtime.

I think people complain about PSN a lot because they don't know what ethernet cables are.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bow-T_88

id say a good 70% of the people with problems with black ops just have bad connections or the connection just isnt configured properly. now for games like mw2 the game is able to deal with the bad connections and settings but for black ops the network team seem to be clueless and the game does seem to work when configured right on your end it still shouldnt be the way it works it should work like mw2 did.

now black ops does have its fair share of other problems main 1 being hit detection which is dire but we will just have to wait for treyarc to learn how to program games and we may get that fixed.

d_ano
by then, MW3 will be out. This game's entire lifespan will be filled with problems
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bow-T_88
http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/16/news/black-ops-reported-to-office-of-fair-trading-21be16.html check this out yall
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#9 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I haven't noticed any instability with my copy.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
It's not THAT bad. I've played for hours with no problems, then sometimes I get the chronic "host migrations" where it will change hosts 3 or 4 times in a match before the lobby finally closes. Usually I just bail on the session if the host changes more than once or twice in about 20 minutes. Activision/Call of Duty does suck though. It's all peer-to-peer. That's the cheapest way for them to go, and the most problematic for users. They get away with it because they can.
mugwuffin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mugwuffin2
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts

I find the majority of the time my friends complain about their connection they have stacks of cds or objects made with metal such as a printer blocking or crowding their router. give your router plenty of space around it and make sure there isnt metalic objects blockingyour PS3 or router.

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

I can find a match easily... Only problem is when people have bad connection or host migration (which is improving).

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Sucks to be those people with problems. I've never had any of those problems with Black Ops.
Avatar image for DangerHiVoltage
DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DangerHiVoltage
Member since 2009 • 1157 Posts
turn off your p2p program you use to download media when playing online. that was my problem. now its one or the other never any issues anymore