Is Dante's Inferno a DMC game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kittygus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 kittygus
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

Does Dante's Inferno have anything to do with the Devil May Cry series?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

No, it has ZERO to do with Devil May Cry. Dante is a name capcom used for the DMC character, I am presuming in reference to Dantes Inferno (the literature), but Dantes Inferno is by EA (not capcom) who made it completely by the literature.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts

hahaha, sorry but no.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Has nothing to do with DMC and plays somewhat like GoW. It's also overlooked by a lot because they said it's a cheap rip-off from GoW, but if you actually start playing the game, you really get into it. I'll never forget the scene with the baby with sword-arms and the tumor, I was so confused wheter or not I have to kill it of what's going to happen. The sins are showeed perfectly, enemies fit perfectly, fantastic atmosphear and sound, great combat and I loved the leveling system. Personally I think it's on of the best games this gen which was why I plated it

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

Has nothing to do with DMC and plays somewhat like GoW. It's also overlooked by a lot because they said it's a cheap rip-off from GoW, but if you actually start playing the game, you really get into it. I'll never forget the scene with the baby with sword-arms and the tumor, I was so confused wheter or not I have to kill it of what's going to happen. The sins are showeed perfectly, enemies fit perfectly, fantastic atmosphear and sound, great combat and I loved the leveling system. Personally I think it's on of the best games this gen which was why I plated it

ArchoNils2
how long was the game?
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

Datne's Inferno is based off a poem which has nothing to do with Devil May Cry.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArchoNils2

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

PSP107

how long was the game?

Depends on what you include in this question. I got through the game 2 times (one time maxing the dark part and part of the holy path, the second time maxing the rest of the holy path / getting all the collectibles for the trophies). Don't remember how long the gates of hell took me, guess around 30mins. Then there's the DLC level with the forest which adds another hour and the DLC with which I spent a lot of time too. It's somewhat of a challenge editor where you can create challenges and play challenges from other players and it logs wheter or not somebody was able to finish it which is actually a lot of fun, especially playing the harder ones. Think of the game of a mix from GoW and part of Dead Space (yeah, it's not in space, but it somehow felt similar to it), if you like both games, you're going to love this one ^^ Especially if you have the Dead Space armor (don't remember how I got it, guess with the CE ^^). I really love the game, you rarely see such a masterpiece when it comes to atmosphear, especially if you use a surround system. The cries from all directions and the fantastic enviroment with enemies which perfectly fit in is just great :D

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSP107
[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

how long was the game?

Depends on what you include in this question. I got through the game 2 times (one time maxing the dark part and part of the holy path, the second time maxing the rest of the holy path / getting all the collectibles for the trophies). Don't remember how long the gates of hell took me, guess around 30mins. Then there's the DLC level with the forest which adds another hour and the DLC with which I spent a lot of time too. It's somewhat of a challenge editor where you can create challenges and play challenges from other players and it logs wheter or not somebody was able to finish it which is actually a lot of fun, especially playing the harder ones. Think of the game of a mix from GoW and part of Dead Space (yeah, it's not in space, but it somehow felt similar to it), if you like both games, you're going to love this one ^^ Especially if you have the Dead Space armor (don't remember how I got it, guess with the CE ^^). I really love the game, you rarely see such a masterpiece when it comes to atmosphear, especially if you use a surround system. The cries from all directions and the fantastic enviroment with enemies which perfectly fit in is just great :D

so based on that, how many hrs you got out of it?
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArchoNils2

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"] how long was the game?PSP107

Hard to say because time isn't logged, I'd go with about 16 hours for both playthroughs, gates of hell and the forest and about 15-20 with the challanges which sums up to about 30-35 hours and I loved every second of it, but that's just me ^^

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSP107
[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

Hard to say because time isn't logged, I'd go with about 16 hours for both playthroughs, gates of hell and the forest and about 15-20 with the challanges which sums up to about 30-35 hours and I loved every second of it, but that's just me ^^

16 hrs each?
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Ok: Dante's Inferno is the (arguably mediocre) video game adaptation of a piece of literature called 'The Inferno' by Dante Alighieri. It's the first part of his Divine Comedy. As was already mentioned, Capcom probably used the name Dante as a reference to the literature and in ways, DMC is similar to Alighieri's representation of Hell (but only mildly similar).

Short answer: No.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

no the real dante is probably rolling over in his grave

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Vader993

That or he doesn't care since he's been dead for 700 years.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

Does Dante's Inferno have anything to do with the Devil May Cry series?

kittygus
:lol: The name Dante existed a long time before DMC actually :P
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vader993

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

worlock77

i know he wrote divine of comedy

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Datne's Inferno is based off a poem which has nothing to do with Devil May Cry.

Dahaka-UK

An epic poem :P

Which also has nothing to do with the game.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

Vader993

Yes, and?

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vader993

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

Yes, and?

something to do with 7 sins and hell,and other crap that i can't remember

Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
It's a GoW copy. I don't think it's very bad. It has nothing to do with DMC story wise, but the gameplay is obviously inspired by it, like any hack and slash.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

someone didnt pay in english class did they:P

but no it doesnt have anything to do with DMC

kittygus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kittygus
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

Vader993
dude, i was just wondering if the games had any relationships. I had little knowledge about the two games and this was in no way meant to hurt anyone.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 worlock77

I think it's more accurate to say that Dante's Inferno is inspired by the poem, rather than based off it. For one: it takes a lot of liberties with the source material. For two: let's face it, if it were truly based off it that would make for one boring-ass game.

ethanelephants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ethanelephants
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

who made it completely by the literature.

NaveedLife

no, just no

to answer the op question, its actually a yes and no, while the games themselves have no relation, they are both VERY loosely inspired by The Devine Comedy, an epic poem that depicts his own journey through hell, purgatory, and then heaven.

DMC pays many tributes to the poem with characters and other thingsnamed after them: Dante, Virgil, Trish (biatrice), many enimies named after the seven sins.

Dante's inferno tries to depict the poem more accurately, but ultimately fails in its attempt, not that im saying they should have made it 100% accurate, but that they should have changed the name of the game. the term "dante's inferno" itself is incorrect, it should have been titled simply, "the inferno"

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

No. Also I loved this game. My type of hack-n-slash game. Also, fairly easy to plat.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#27 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

It looks like a direct copy of God of War and one of the reasons it sold was because it was multiplatform and gamers from other consoles could play a game similar to God of War.