Is 3.0 slowly killing older model PS3s?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GloveDoesntFit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 GloveDoesntFit
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="GloveDoesntFit"]

Love how everyone gets so worried .. :lol:

If it breaks it has NOTHING to do with the Firmware update ..

Doolz2024

CanadianCR? :shock:

And yeah I'm worried about this, really worried. I've had my 60GB for almost 3 years and it hasn't had a problem. If it were to break shortly after installing FW 3.0 to it, then I'd have to believe that may have had something to do with it.

:lol: Me? No .. no idea what you're talking about ..

Well would it make you feel better if I told you my Launch 60GB system has been updated since it's release and I haven't had one issue ..

TehSonofUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TehSonofUgly
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts

[QUOTE="GloveDoesntFit"]

Doolz2024

And yeah I'm worried about this, really worried. I've had my 60GB for almost 3 years and it hasn't had a problem. If it were to break shortly after installing FW 3.0 to it, then I'd have to believe that may have had something to do with it.

No americahellyeah and CR both had a Canadian tag in thier sig

The biggest problem with updates breaking ps3s is losing connection to psn while downloading then your ps3 freezes and before thier HDD light turns off they'll turn off thier ps3 thus corrupting thier OS's

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="GloveDoesntFit"]

GloveDoesntFit

Well would it make you feel better if I told you my Launch 60GB system has been updated since it's release and I haven't had one issue ..

Haha sure, whatever you say.

Anyway, so your 60GB hasn't had a problem since the update. Great. I hope mine doesn't either. All I'm saying is, if it were to YLOD shortly after applying 3.00 to it, I'm going to think it may have had something to do with it, even if it really didn't. :P

GloveDoesntFit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GloveDoesntFit
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="GloveDoesntFit"]

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]CanadianCR? :shock:

Doolz2024

Haha sure, whatever you say.

Anyway, so your 60GB hasn't had a problem since the update. Great. I hope mine doesn't either. All I'm saying is, if it were to YLOD shortly after applying 3.00 to it, I'm going to think it may have had something to do with it, even if it really didn't. :P

:lol: Fair enough .. but I also believe my PS3 will never die .. she still purrs like a kitten ..

If mine ever does go I'll accept it, and won't really blame it on anything except for the fact that it's an electronic and these things happen ..

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

An interesting theory, but my 60g model is still going strong and was purchased 1 month after the PS3 orginally came out.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

I Don't Think Sony Would Do Something Like That At All.

BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BIGBUZZ55
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts
[QUOTE="Kid_Notorious07"]...and ill know exactly who to blame *points finger at Obama*bigboss1203
i wish gamespot had a simple dislike feature. either way i'm not too worried, my guy's lasted this long and i dont see him giving in on me any time soon. i've started to pay more attention to the fact that i need not leave him on all the time (thank you, power save feature)
BIGBUZZ55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BIGBUZZ55
Member since 2004 • 1378 Posts

[If mine ever does go I'll accept it, and won't really blame it on anything except for the fact that it's an electronic and these things happen ..

GloveDoesntFit
word
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#59 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I didn't have that problem, but I didn't get the UK update of BBC iplayer :?

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

[QUOTE="bdhoff"][QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

Well, I hope it doesn't become a problem for any PS3 owner. I figure the people that look up YLOD fixes are within a small % for PS3 owners that had it happen to them. Sadly, I'm part of that small % :( I figure now is a good time as any to get a Slim. I just don't trust refurbs, lol

A refurb would work better than what you have right now.

True, true...But I already dismantled it to get CoD4 out of the blu-ray drive. I paid $60 for it, and Gamestop's offer is $60 for broken PS3s towards the Slim. I would rather keep the game than get $60 and lose a game completely. But thats me :) I am gonna miss my 60gb, but it wasn't gonna last forever, thats life, lol.

You can ask them to take it out, thus getting your game and $60 of a slim.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
[QUOTE="bigboss1203"][QUOTE="Kid_Notorious07"]...and ill know exactly who to blame *points finger at Obama*BIGBUZZ55
i wish gamespot had a simple dislike feature. either way i'm not too worried, my guy's lasted this long and i dont see him giving in on me any time soon. i've started to pay more attention to the fact that i need not leave him on all the time (thank you, power save feature)

Also... are you calling your PS3 a HIM? And 'My guy'? :O
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts
[QUOTE="bigboss1203"][QUOTE="Kid_Notorious07"]...and ill know exactly who to blame *points finger at Obama*BIGBUZZ55

that wasnt meant to be taken seriously. I was planning on getting the slim anyways but it wouldnt have been soon. but i guess if mine breaks down ill just buy the slim sooner than expected.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
It seems like it was a good thing that i didn't update to 3.0 yet! :D THANK YOU EXAMS!!! Won't be till the end of this year most likely, so hopefully Sony fixes the problem by then :)
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

3.0 is cool - stop beating up on it - course its not killing of older PS3's & and the extras theyve added will not be increasing heat output to the extent of failure!

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#65 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
my 60 runs fine with 3.0 but it got ylod last year already