Infamous 2 - Why the lower G.S. score?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

After having played it to platinum I am actually inclined to agree with his review. Every issue he mentioned from the camera to the overabundance of boss level characters that make the game tedious ( not hard, just tedious ) and the laughable morality system are all legit issues.

It's not a matter of inFamous being better than the 2nd one. Its just that the flaws are a lot harder to overlook when you are doing the same thing for the 2nd time. At least that's how i feel anyway.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Get the game if it looks appealing to you TC, not much else to say there. You said you enjoyed the demo so why not go for it?

The inFamous fanboy crowd really needs to grow up though. So you didn't like his review okay... maybe his review wasn't even well done, so what? I really don't think the game brings anymore enjoyment just for having a high or low review score on GS. I mean go look at the review comments, it's absolutely ridiculous. People are taking a game review a bit too seriously.

xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

I never liked infamous. I still can't believe that the first one got 9.0

sephaien

Yea, IMO that is high as well. I would say personally, Infamous 1 = 8.0 and Infamous 2 = 8.5

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="Game_On_"]

Disagree. I feel like the first infamous was a superior game overall. The only significant improvement in Infamous 2 are the graphics which still suffer from terrible aliasing. The story was far worse in Infamous 2 also and the same bugs still exist from the first game plus a few more. The A.I. is an utter joke and I don't think Sucker Punch even tested this game before it was released. All-in-all, Infamous 2 is still a good game, but not 8's and 9's like I hear a lot of fanboys claiming. The abundance of technical flaws alone keep this game from being a great overall.

Game_On_

Yes both games have technical flaws. But I've yet to see one person who enjoyed the game mention them. You know why? Because the overall game is great that they don't care about the flaws. I don't get the gripe about the A.I. And the story is fantastic.

Appreciation of the story is completely subjective so I won't begrudge you that. However, making blanketed statements that project your own opinion as the majority rule doesn't provide an infallable concensus. I could easily say that "most people don't complain, they just never buy another Infamous game," which is the case with "most" customers of "most" businesses for "most" products. In any case, there are a plethora of issues with enemy A.I. that become far more noticable when you play on "Hard." One example is how unsuspecting enemies within a certain range inexplicably become aware of your presence when you highlight them with the crosshairs. Taking this example one step further, try throwing a grenade at them and watch how they precognitively duck while their backs are turned to you. These are just a few examples of many A.I. issues that I have encountered thus far, but both I had experienced within the first 30 minutes of gameplay. I like the game, but i'm not blind to it's flaws nor am I going to sit here and act like this game is a perfect 10 because I want it to be. Sorry, not a fanboy.

I haven't experienced either of those A.I. instances. And I've played through the story twice. When I have the crosshairs over the enemy, they don't notice me until I shoot. As for the grenade, they duck and dodge after the grenade hits the ground.
Game_On_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Game_On_
Member since 2011 • 60 Posts

[QUOTE="Game_On_"]

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"] Yes both games have technical flaws. But I've yet to see one person who enjoyed the game mention them. You know why? Because the overall game is great that they don't care about the flaws. I don't get the gripe about the A.I. And the story is fantastic. mrmusicman247

Appreciation of the story is completely subjective so I won't begrudge you that. However, making blanketed statements that project your own opinion as the majority rule doesn't provide an infallable concensus. I could easily say that "most people don't complain, they just never buy another Infamous game," which is the case with "most" customers of "most" businesses for "most" products. In any case, there are a plethora of issues with enemy A.I. that become far more noticable when you play on "Hard." One example is how unsuspecting enemies within a certain range inexplicably become aware of your presence when you highlight them with the crosshairs. Taking this example one step further, try throwing a grenade at them and watch how they precognitively duck while their backs are turned to you. These are just a few examples of many A.I. issues that I have encountered thus far, but both I had experienced within the first 30 minutes of gameplay. I like the game, but i'm not blind to it's flaws nor am I going to sit here and act like this game is a perfect 10 because I want it to be. Sorry, not a fanboy.

I haven't experienced either of those A.I. instances. And I've played through the story twice. When I have the crosshairs over the enemy, they don't notice me until I shoot. As for the grenade, they duck and dodge after the grenade hits the ground.

Tit for tat.

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

I think Infamous 2 should of got the same score as infamous.

Ivoring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ivoring
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have not personally played the game but I love the first. it did have some flaws but it seemed like they got all of them on this one.
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I can understand the complaint about the a.i. But I dunno what kind of high expectations you can have for the a.i. I mean there are guys with shotguns that have superspeed, making them incredibly smart on top of that would just crank up the difficulty over the edge.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

I like the game, but i'm not blind to it's flaws nor am I going to sit here and act like this game is a perfect 10 because I want it to be. Sorry, not a fanboy.Game_On_

Yupe, because liking a game means you're a fanboy. Believe it or not, different people have different tastes, what's a 5 for you can be a 10 for others, not out of sheer fanboyism but out of belief. Nobody will judge you if you don't like a game, and neither should you judge others for loving one.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts
I didn't even know about the 7.5 bc I didn't care about looking at reviews. I played a lot and I read the review and oddly many complaints they had were similar to mine. Bad pacing, poor story etc. it makes me want to cry that it sucks so much and it cost me $60. I hate the direction the series is taking and am definitely not buying the 3rd- if it comes. 6.0
Game_On_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Game_On_
Member since 2011 • 60 Posts

[QUOTE="Game_On_"]I like the game, but i'm not blind to it's flaws nor am I going to sit here and act like this game is a perfect 10 because I want it to be. Sorry, not a fanboy.finalserenade75

Yupe, because liking a game means you're a fanboy. Believe it or not, different people have different tastes, what's a 5 for you can be a 10 for others, not out of sheer fanboyism but out of belief. Nobody will judge you if you don't like a game, and neither should you judge others for loving one.

I never said liking a game means you're a fanboy. I like the game, which I have stated. You obviously missed the point and just chose to read a very small portion of the conversation.

xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

I change my mind - the 2nd game is a 9 IMO. I just beat it for the first time with the good ending, and I felt the story and gameplay were both better than the first game. Other than maybe a half dozen times during my 15 hours, I never had a problem with the melee camera and the difficulty even on hard was very manageable. I probably died 5 times the whole game and most of those were in the beginning when I was getting used to having to use rooftops and cover to approach fights. Frankly, I didn't expect to like the game this much and am shocked by some of the complaints its been getting in reviews.